Ye Un Dino Ki Baat Hai

A Tale of Tortoise and Rabbit - Samaina - Drabble

Deepanand thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

A loud cry from the crib wakes both Naina and Sameer from their deep sleep. It's their 6-month-old baby boy. The love of their life.

His name is Manas Maheshwari. They have taken Ma from Maheshwari, Na from naina and s from Sameer.

Naina took manas from his crib and put him on the bed talking to him and changing his diaper simultaneously. Manas is watching her. He is moving his hands and legs and making baby sounds. Naina then picks him to feed him milk and covers herself. Naina tightly closes her eyes feeling the love towards her baby as he sucks to drink milk from her.

Sameer is sitting and watching naina changing diaper and feeding their son in amazement. Sameer is smiling about how naina used to grumble that she is waddling like a penguin and can't even fit through the door in her third trimester.

After drinking milk manas is wide awake and in no mood to sleep.  Sameer and Naina starts playing Pee-ka-boo with him and naina gets some of his sound making toys.

Manas, now papa will tell you the story of Tortoise and rabbit

There once was a rabbit who bragged about how fast he could run. Tired of hearing him boast, the tortoise, challenged him to a race. All the animals in the forest gathered to watch.

Rabbit and Tortoise started the race and Rabbit being the fastest went down the road and stopped to see tortoise nowhere to be seen.

Hare stretched himself out alongside the road and fell asleep, thinking, "There is plenty of time to relax."

Tortoise walked and walked. He never, ever stopped until he came to the finish line.

The animals who were watching cheered so loudly for Tortoise, they woke up Rabbit.

Rabbit stretched and yawned and began to run again, but it was too late. Tortoise was over the line and won the race.

Sameer in a teasing tone tells you know manas, your papa is very fast, and your mama is very slow. Whenever we have to go somewhere outside, I get ready in 2 min and your mom takes 2 hours.

Naina with a mischievous smile tells, that's why mama always wins the race and winks at Sameer. Slow and steady wins the race manas. Ok ok Mrs Naina Sameer Maheshwari maan gaye ki aap topper dimaag wali ho.

Finally, manas falls asleep as naina sings him lullaby. Naina and Sameer go to sleep in each other's arm peacefully.

Please do comment and let me know how it is.

Edited by Deepanand - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ross11 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nice one Deepa, topper dimaag hai woh. ðŸ˜†
Drabble is easy to read you know. ðŸ˜‰
sadhikasamaina thumbnail
it was so beautiful
baby manas and parents samaina
munchkinland thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
such a cute short little story
the tale which he have heard in our childhood days and samaina reciting that to their child
god it was beautiful
and sameer can not let go of any opportunity to tease naina
and naina always has a comeback to him
deepa di I really adored the moment when naina was feeding manas and sameer was looking at them
it was such an aww moment
Labhya thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Kya baat kyaa baat kyaa baat...
I dont have words to appreciate. Its very good ðŸ˜²
Laalchi_Reader thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Such a sweet story ..
Samaina with their baby boy .. Ohh brought a huge smile on my face ..
It as really very cute 

Rph09 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Just imagining their cute little son giving me so relief! Lovely drabble!
IamIbe thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I was having such a bad day today and I read this and it made me so happy. 
The very thought of Samaina being parents and starting their own family does something to me. Like my kids have kids..you know ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­
But I honestly loved the way you squeezed the comfort, the banter, the childishness, and the teasing that encapsulated Samaina so smoothly in your short piece. Keep writing Deepa Di.
Bundles of love, 
Sims ðŸ¤—
Deepanand thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ross11

Nice one Deepa, topper dimaag hai woh.😆

Drabble is easy to read you know.😉

Sirji aapne pehla number lagaya yahaan pe 😊 . Thank you so much for the feed back. Haan hamari topper naina. I know I had to write Drabble so you could read it 😆
Yudkbh thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Very nice, simple but cute and beautiful as well ðŸ˜Š