Chashmish786 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I started watching DTHHJ on Friday after watching the wedding promo on youtube. After coming to the forum in hopes of discussing and enjoying fun threads, I realized I was one of the very, very few who are actually loving the drama. I'm eagerly waiting for their marriage and looking forward to how things unfold. As the saying goes, "each to their own", while many are disappointed with rocky's behavior, some others are enjoying it. It's just a fiction if you want to take it seriously then focus on the only good things it teaches us and ignore the bad ones. 
P.S Ansh might be a look alike of Ian or varun but he's his own person and dayumn he HOT...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintwalker thumbnail
I've been watching the show since the start and I'm also looking forward to see how the story unfolds.

If we have start looking at the cruelty done against women Indian serials should all shut down. 
magicworld thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
In indian tV shows it is a normal thing to show cruelty against women,😡 and show marriage tracks in beginning only , thats why remain far from indian shows to keep my sanity.😆 
ThePhilosopher thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Well, the way I see it as that to showcase a woman to fight against the cruelty and injustice, we first need to show what she is going through to create a situation - show what she will be fighting against and what she is going to rise above. Yes, Rocky is a disgusting man, but he is not an extraordinary character, but rather he is a man who can be commonly found in our society. Perhaps, we can see Happy as the one who aims to reform such negative and disgusting thinking patterns. Yes, it is hard to see a woman go through so much trouble, but think of all the woman that go through this and we do not see it. You see, without seeing the problem we cannot solve it. The way Rocky perceived himself and the people around him is problematic. At the end of the day, the portrayal of Happy's incident is one reflection of reality, in fact some women go through a lot more. I am interested to see how Happy reacts to such a circumstance and rises above it and maintains her values and her viewpoint on a world she is in. The feminist in all of us outcry when we see such negative circumstances, but the reality is precisely that a lot of women are victimised by men like Rocky. That is the truth and as we often say, the truth is bitter.

Although I do hope that Happy will take this circumstance to set herself a new goal, that is change a mindset, I do not want her to fall in love with Rocky. But, of course, that is going to happen anyway. We shall see how this lovely story unfolds. They are obviously going to make it look like Rocky is this way because he has had a troubled past, so rake in the sympathy and justify his awful behaviour.
Edited by ThePhilosopher - 5 years ago
rose2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The fact that a woman finds a violent and disgusting character hot is alarming. Would you like to be in Happy's situation? If not then why would you enjoy another woman being treated in such a manner. Don't idolize such characters.

That's the sad part of indian society is that there are people who are attracted to such monsters. You are supporting such behavior and in a sense are contributing to the problem.
Chashmish786 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rose2015

The fact that a woman finds a violent and disgusting character hot is alarming. Would you like to be in Happy's situation? If not then why would you enjoy another woman being treated in such a manner. Don't idolize such characters.

That's the sad part of indian society is that there are people who are attracted to such monsters. You are supporting such behavior and in a sense are contributing to the problem.

I'm not an Indian.
I can actually differentiate between a REAL LIFE PERSON and a FICTIONAL CHARACTER. Read my post carefully and you'll see that I clearly mentioned ANSH the actor and not ROCKY the character.

And even if I do like men like rocky then what is it to you? I'm an adult and know very well how to separate fiction from reality. 

Lastly, just like I can't ask for you to not come to the forum or share your opinions, you cannot question my freedom of speech either. As I said Each to their own.
Thank you!

P.s: Thinking that this type of serials is the cause of the sick mentality of the men is somewhat equivalent to thinking that a woman's cloth provokes men. Those who have such sick mindsets will have their ways anyway. rocky is not a character from other dimension, men like him are found in every corner of the world and women like drama FL who fall in love with these characters are also not a myth.  
Edited by Chashmish786 - 5 years ago
rose2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I do hope you realize that a complaint has been made against the show. No one is stopping you from watching. If you read previous posts here it has been written that actors and producers need to take responsibility for what they present.

Like you I too am entitled to my opinion. We can agree that we disagree on this matter.
Chashmish786 thumbnail

I do hope you realize that a complaint has been made against the show. No one is stopping you from watching. If you read previous posts here it has been written that actors and producers need to take responsibility for what they present.

Like you I too am entitled to my opinion. We can agree that we disagree on this matter.

I'm very well aware of what's going on.

Yeah, let's do that and move on.
ThePhilosopher thumbnail

By no means am I trying to instigate a war here or start some sort of unhealthy argument. But, rather what I am is interested to learn more of what you mean here. This is an attempt to educate myself of some people's opinions here. So, what are these responsibilities an actor and producer must take and be held accountable for? As we know, there are lots of books that can be argued to do the same, but are authors usually accountable in the same way?
Eurka thumbnail

Originally posted by: ThePhilosopher

Well, the way I see it as that to showcase a woman to fight against the cruelty and injustice, we first need to show what she is going through to create a situation - show what she will be fighting against and what she is going to rise above. Yes, Rocky is a disgusting man, but he is not an extraordinary character, but rather he is a man who can be commonly found in our society. Perhaps, we can see Happy as the one who aims to reform such negative and disgusting thinking patterns. Yes, it is hard to see a woman go through so much trouble, but think of all the woman that go through this and we do not see it. You see, without seeing the problem we cannot solve it. The way Rocky perceived himself and the people around him is problematic. At the end of the day, the portrayal of Happy's incident is one reflection of reality, in fact some women go through a lot more. I am interested to see how Happy reacts to such a circumstance and rises above it and maintains her values and her viewpoint on a world she is in. The feminist in all of us outcry when we see such negative circumstances, but the reality is precisely that a lot of women are victimised by men like Rocky. That is the truth and as we often say, the truth is bitter.

Although I do hope that Happy will take this circumstance to set herself a new goal, that is change a mindset, I do not want her to fall in love with Rocky. But, of course, that is going to happen anyway. We shall see how this lovely story unfolds. They are obviously going to make it look like Rocky is this way because he has had a troubled past, so rake in the sympathy and justify his awful behaviour.

Well put! I definitely agree with this.