Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YeojaNextDoor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
It's not just you.. its the way they are. That girly thing is considered hot in their culture!  They don't even keep beard and all which would make them manly .. they prefer this lean look with clean shaved face and body . Also their attitude i.e their body language etc are also girly πŸ˜† 
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Flowers have a lot a importance in Korean culture as it obviously refers to beauty, but different flowers also stand for different things. For example, the buckwheat flowers in Goblin represented marriage.

The term 'flowers boys' also has deep historical significance. Nowadays, it just refers to 'pretty boys' or that's how we understand it in English but it has a deeper meaning . It all dates back to the Silla Dynasty where the Hwarang organization existed. Those who watched 'Hwarang' will have some idea about this organization. They were the original flower boys and they weren't just pretty boys, they were basically an auxiliary army who were highly skilled in different things. It is said that the real Hwarang boys were all very pretty and they even wore makeup and stuff. Hwarang translates to flower of youth.

Come to think of it, even Boys over flowers  isn't meaningless.In the Japanese version, they used the title 'Hana yori Dango' as a metaphor in one of the scenes... I think it was scene with Makino and Rui in the car. I am not sure about the significance in Japanese culture but even here F4 is Flower4, and the dango they refer to in the idiom is shaped like a flower. So when you say boys over flowers, it means dango ( useful, functional flowers ) over decorative ones. In the Korean context, if the boys are referred as flower boys, they are in a way like the hwarang boys, pretty and highly skilled and can pretty much pull off anything. So it's all about preferring real flowers over decorative ones. Substance over form.  

Edited by incandescent - 5 years ago
ndivyateja thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@incandescent 
Wow..thanx for the details..Sounds like an apt title now..πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜†
That's nice to know about their culture, how each flower represents something..πŸ˜ƒ

Shaz..missed u buddy..πŸ€—
Hindi Daily soap titles..Vermillion Fate πŸ€£ So true !!
Tris007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Shaz πŸ€£ I was thinking the same about the title of Indian dramas! It's not like Indian dramas have great names. Forget English, their titles in Hindi are weird enough πŸ˜† 
Iss pyaar ko kya naam doon, yeh rishta kya kehlata hai, Sasural Simar Ka (Jeez!) and the list goes on πŸ˜† 
Who are we to question the translation of K-drama names now πŸ€£

Tris007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: 4thPrincoholic

@Elsana @Tris .. Same! .. I find that Alien actor always looking "constipated" .. .🀣🀣 .. don't get the hype either! ... (Tho Eyes of the beholder and all ... πŸ˜†)

People said that about Arnav too πŸ€£
Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Cool guys.. hot ramen

🀣
What the
Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail
There's one more flower boy drama: "Flower boy ramen shop" ...πŸ˜† [Tho I haven't watched it]
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: 4thPrincoholic

There's one more flower boy drama: "Flower boy ramen shop" ...πŸ˜† [Tho I haven't watched it]

TVN has a whole series of flower boy dramas. πŸ˜†

Flower boy next door.

Shut up flower boy band.

Me too! Flower. πŸ€£ This one makes no sense whatsoever. πŸ˜†

I want to eat your pancreas.
A japanese movie 
Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Sock-let

I want to eat your pancreas.