Purva vs Ramesh: Should elders always be obeyed?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 5 years ago
Namaste!
This week was one of tussle and struggle. Just one full day for Purva in the Tripathi household and it has already become Kurukshetra.

Ramesh wants Purva to make breakfast for everyone but denies her the right to be the bahu of the house when Vedant asks him for it. 

Ramesh is a proper psycho. He is a power hungry and selfish man with no redeeming qualities (so far). As he says, he has no identity of his own- he has transitioned from being Gangadhar Tripathi's son to being known as Dr. Vedant Tripathi's father. He feels he has not got his due in life and wants to have it- by hook or by crook. 

The situation in the Tripathi household is dire- Ramesh gets his kicks by bullying and berating those he has some power over- like Vedant and his wife, Manjula. Can you believe he hits Manjula and thinks it is totally okay to do so? ðŸ¤¢ðŸ¤¢ Yuck. Manjula herself seems to have battered woman syndrome- she tries to defuse the landmine that is her husband by avoiding difficult situations. Thankfully, she is one of the few good people in that house and definitely loves Vedant. 

Coming to the Purva vs Ramesh situation, what do you think Purva should have done? IMO, you can't avoid bullies like Ramesh all the time. They use the fact that people want to defuse unpleasant situations they create as their bargaining chip. 

I feel for poor Vedant. He really is an angel to tolerate Ramesh ðŸ¤¬. I had initially thought Gomti aka Vedant's bua was a good character, but turns out bhai-behen are twins when it comes to being evil. She has it out for Purva and will trouble her in the future.

Regarding PurvAnt, I am honestly a bit flummoxed by Vedant falling in love with Purva so soon. While I do like their jodi, Vedant falling in love with Purva seemed a little rushed to me. They could have shown growing attraction and affection instead at this stage of the story. 

The execution of this Kitchen & Keys storyline has also been a bit weird. Or maybe I feel so because I have never seen this kind of execution on ITV before. I don't understand why it was stretched to over 4 episodes without any development. ðŸ˜•

What do you think?
I also think that how could Vedant fall in love with a girl so fast even after she showed her real intentions and her attitudes towards him was not really nice.  If this could be happened in a slow pace after understanding each other well, it would have been nice. Otherwise it would have been better if there was a scene earlier before the marriage where he did see this girl before and fell for her after seeing her good nature  or something, which attracted him towards this girl.

Except Dadi nobody in the house love him or care for him wholeheartedly.  Others are all mean people, but still he loves them all!  It is also strange Ramesh sister still unmarried in an affluent family like this.
Originally posted by S-Kumar

I also think that how could Vedant fall in love with a girl so fast even after she showed her real intentions and her attitudes towards him was not really nice.  If this could be happened in a slow pace after understanding each other well, it would have been nice. Otherwise it would have been better if there was a scene earlier before the marriage where he did see this girl before and fell for her after seeing her good nature  or something, which attracted him towards this girl.

Except Dadi nobody in the house love him or care for him wholeheartedly.  Others are all mean people, but still he loves them all!  It is also strange Ramesh sister still unmarried in an affluent family like this.

@bold- SO true. Poor Vedant. 
Vedant shows us what is patience. And, regarding the falling in love - lots of people say that they fell quite quickly. Maybe, Vedant fell in love before he could think about it. Something like the love at first sight. Perhaps, we can say love at first few days of marriage ahaha. But, overall I feel like the story should unfold soon. I doubt Purva will stand for all the ill-treatment. I hope she will bring Vedant to see that it is not right to bear wrongdoings in return of being grateful to someone. Plus, it was only his grandparents and his mother that deserves his love and appreciation. They have fully maintained a relationship with him. Whereas the rest have not, therefore he practically has no obligations towards them. Relationship is a way two-thing, when it's one sided it's toxic. I hope Vedant realises this and makes everyone else realise it too. He is the pillar on which the family is able to stand, without him I reckon they will struggle but they can't see it yet. Like we say, we know only the worth of something when it is gone.

I think the show is slowly progressing though. I was really happy to see Purva come back and everyone's face had dropped. Woohoo!