Karn Sangini to end on 25 February

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Star Plus' Karan Sangini to end on 25 February

STAR Plus' mytho fantasy offer Karn Sangini starring Aashim Gulati and Tejasswi Prakash will bid adieu on 25 February.

This Shashi Sumeet production based on a fiction novel Karna's Wife: The Outcast's Queen written on Karan's life had never rated from the start. And mid-stream the story was changed, and actors were replaced (Narayani Shastri and Smita Singh were brought in place of Sayantani Ghosh and others). But alas the ratings never picked up and as expected the plug was pulled.

Narayani who confirmed the news refused to comment on what went wrong saying, "These things are better answered by the channel and production house. Any disappointments? "No, I always put my best to whateven I do and never regret anything.

Once things go off kilter, it gets very difficult to come back on even-keel and here the makers had tried to change the story which was always a risky proposition to start with, added a knowledgeable source.

Aashim who has a film connection does not seem to have TV luck for this is third back to back tube show to have gone down. He had priorly done Gulmohar Grand and Dil Sambhal Jaa Zara.

Tejasswi's ill-luck also continues for none of her recent shows have worked as well, first was the ill- fated Pehredaar Piya Ki followed by its sequel Rishta Likhenge Hum Naya and now Karn Sangini.

We tried to reach out to Tejasswi, Aashim and Producer Sumeet Mittal for their comments but to no avail.

Here's wishing the team farewell.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
How did the serial end? Did anyone watch? 
Justitia thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: najma123

How did the serial end? Did anyone watch? 

I've never watched this show. But I did sometimes read written updates available elsewhere online just to have an idea of what was going on.

From what I read (and I'm assuming the written update I found gave the correct info), last episode showed the Kurukshetra war - Karna facing Arjun, Karna's death, the story of Karna donating his gold tooth in his final moments,..it also mentioned Karna's son becoming king of Indraprastha, and Karna attaining moksh...as I said, I never watched the episode. So I can only rely on what I read online.

By the way, speaking of Kurukshetra war, does anyone know when the dice episodes were aired for this show? I mean, I am aware that A LOT of "creative liberties" have been taken for the narrative of this show. But if the dice episodes were skipped or basically skimmed just to focus on Karna's life (and whatnot), then how does one explain the narrative of the final episode within the context of THIS particular show? 

Also Draupadi firing the entire Hastinapur court left, right, and centre is something I look forward to watching - no matter which version of the Mahabharat it may be!😈

So if anyone is aware of the date of airing of the dice episodes in this show, please let me know.
Thanks!