Rupal Patel joins the cast of YRKKH Spin Off

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
One of the longest-running shows, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai has successfully managed to keep viewers glued to their TV screens for over 10 years. The credit behind the show's success goes to the hardworking team who put in their everything to bring the best on the
table.

Yeh Rishta has proved that content is king. The show has been a launch pad for many actors. And now, producer Rajan Shahi is set to go big by bringing a spin-off of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai on Star Plus under his banner Director's Kut Productions.

The makers have already started casting, and the show is expected to go on floors by next month.

Our sources have informed us that the beautiful Rhea Sharma has almost been finalized to play the female lead. Rhea has last seen as the female protagonist in Star Plus' Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji.

The makers are also in talks with Beintehaa fame Harshad Arora to play the male lead.

We tried reaching out to Rajan Shahi and actors Harshad and Rhea, but they all remained unavailable for comment.

TellyChakkar will be back with more updates!
Edited by amrutha131 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Rhea is good but Harshad????
av131 thumbnail

Rajan Shahi's Director's Kut is presently working on the much-anticipated spin-off to the most popular and longest-running Hindi GEC show, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai for Star Plus.

The spin-off will see the kids in the main story growing up. The new series will focus on the lives of the younger generation.

Well, while work on finalizing the leads is on, lot of popular actors have been approached to play lead roles.

However, the team has locked few senior actors who will play crucial roles.

Actress Chaitrali Gupte who was last seen in Zee TV's Piyaa Albela has been roped in for the spin-off.

Chaitrali will play the mother of a new family that will be brought in.

As per a reliable source, "Chaitrali will have a crucial role to play.

We buzzed Chaitrali who refused to talk about it.

We reached out to Producer Rajan Shahi and the channel spokesperson but did not get revert.

Watch this space at IWMBuzz.com for exclusive updates in the telly and digital world.

*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
LOL a spin off? How I wish they make this show as simple as they did back in 2009 with Naitik Akshara. But I guess it's too much to ask. 
They should cast Karan and Hina together again!! In their new show. Or new project.
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Rhea is really good! 
But I agree it is hard to repeat Hina Karan's magic! 
av131 thumbnail
It has been reported that the makers of the popular and long-running show Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' are all set to launch its spin-off soon. While Harshad Arora and Rhea Sharma have been approached to play lead couple, we have learnt that Tushar Khanna, too, will be a part of the show. The talented actor will play Harshad's younger brother on the show, which is expected to go on floors soon.

A source associated with the project tells us, "The story of the show will revolve around two brothers and two sisters. Harshad and Tushar, who will play siblings and will be poles apart from each other. While Rhea will be paired opposite Harshad, Kaveri Priyam has been cast to play Tushar's heroine in the spin-off.

Despite repeated attempts, we couldn't reach Tushar for comment. The actor, who has featured on Piyaa Albela' and was last seen on Bhootu'.
AnyaRSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I dont know how i feel about a spin off 
it will take out the novelty of this show being one of a kind for not having definite black and white characters also think if he should work with new actors karan hina momo and shivi were relatively new well shivi had the most experience but still...

also there was a rumor of rajan uncle making that other show a few months ago so i dont know what to blv
adithyan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Spin off with grown up kids???? 
av131 thumbnail
Ever since the news of the long-running show, 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' ('YRKHH') getting a spin-off made headlines, speculations have been rife over who will play the male lead. Now, BT has exclusively learnt that actor Shaheer Sheikh, who was last seen on the historical show, 'Dastaan-E-Mohabbat Salim Anarkali', has been roped in to play the male lead.

Producer Rajan Shahi confirms, "We are working on a spin-off of 'YRKHH', which completed 10 years, recently. Shaheer has been signed on to play the male lead. He will be seen in a dynamic role, which will be different from his previous outings. I realised that some characters from the original show deserve to be explored further in the spin-off. The title of the new show is yet to be finalised.

On his part, Shaheer says, "Yes, I have been in talks with the production house, but I was in Jammu over the past few days. I will be returning to Mumbai today, and will take things forward.

The show is expected to go on floors in a couple of weeks.
varshini15 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
excited for this , shaheer sheikh is a wonderful actor , waiting for the confirmation of female lead.  Nowadays , first hate-then love , love stories have become so common , every story is like that , akshara-naitik's story was an arranged marriage love story , hope the spin off has a similar kind of arranged marriage love story which is not so common nowadays