Poll

Do you think Sandhya is “evil”?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
NainoMeinSapna thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Sorry for bringing this topic up again but I just wanted to make a poll to see what the general consensus is about Sandhya's character.

Personally, I wouldn't go as far as saying she is evil. She has definitely done some awful things, but she isn't a full out black character, like Rajdeep for example, I think she's grey.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

looseseal thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Pfff tum Rajdeep tak pauchgayi. Rajdeep jitna criminal toh Kunal miya bhi nahi hai. Sadhya is much lower on my evil' barometer.

For me its like this: Rajdeep the criminal

Kunal the creep

Late Nandini the traitor

Sandhya the standard neighbourhood aunty

Edited by looseseal - 5 years ago
NainoMeinSapna thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: looseseal

Pfff tum Rajdeep tak pauchgayi. Rajdeep jitna criminal toh Kunal miya bhi nahi
hai. Sadhya is much lower on my evil' barometer.

Kunal the creep

Late Nandini the traitor

Sandhya the standard neighbourhood
aunty

Totally agree with your ranking. But unfortunately not everyone does, people seem to think Sandhya is worse than Kunal (which is what CVs want us to think) that's why I had to go as extreme as bringing Rajdeep in. 😆 Sandhya is much better than Rajdeep and this everyone would agree with. So just used him as a contrast to explain my point.
jhalak7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: looseseal

Pfff tum Rajdeep tak pauchgayi. Rajdeep jitna criminal toh Kunal miya bhi nahi hai. Sadhya is much lower on my evil' barometer.

Kunal the creep

Late Nandini the traitor

Sandhya the standard neighbourhood aunty

Exactly comparing to to other ...she is nothing.  In fact she is the reaction of other's action.
Edited by jhalak7 - 5 years ago
ritzbitz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Sandhya's biggest issue is, it's not about what she says, it is about how she goes about it and says it. Her logic is not flawed (though it is judgmental and typical aunty 🤢 ). Sometimes what she is saying makes sense. But the words that come out of her mouth, her instantly making situations worse by being dramatic, and her actions (like telling Pari a 4 year old the truth about her mother) are indeed questionable and downright awful.

I also agree with your hierarchy of bad people, though I would put Nandini below Sandhya, solely because she had a huge guilty conscience, which is one of her rare and slightly slim good qualities, for me at least.

But overall I will say, evil and bad, is evil and bad. The constant pitting and comparison amongst the negative characters of the show doesn't negate any of the others actions.

By saying Kunal is not as bad as Sandhya or vice versa, it doesn't negate, take away, or undermine all the horrible things either of them has done.

They both are horrible. One should not make the other look good, or the lesser of the two evils. Both of them should cease to exist/be punished/confronted.

Edited by ritzbitz786 - 5 years ago
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Sandhya is not as bad as Rajdeep but she is quite dark in her own way. I do agree that for now she is a grey character. Most tv villains are. Except for few exceptions, they are almost always motivated by the love for someone. I don't agree with the popular ranking here but that's just me. For me, Sandhya seems like a bad person with shades of good here and there. While Kunal and Nandini were generally very good people who ended up developing darker traits. 
Rajdeep is disgusting and he is not even human. So counting him out I think Sandhya and Kunal are about same level of cruel. They are so blinded by their own object of obsession they forget that they are hurting actual people in a really terrible way. I can't even decide which one was worse. Telling a scarred child she is the reason her dad almost died is a serious low for any human but hurting your wife/friend like that over another person is also disgusting. So those two are equal for now. Nandini was harmless compared to those two.
Anna92 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
She was a pretty much reasonable lady when she was introduced. Even her condition to Mauli did not seem that wrong to me. Just that she didnt know what radhika and dida did for Mauli. And I do think may had she not seen Kunal there in the flat, may be she would not have asked Mauli so rudely to cut all the ties with them.
But nowadays her OTT expressions are so much typical serial vamp like. Writers seriously had no idea other than this to get Kunal sympathy? She had told the truth  to Parii and blackmailed her into silence. Like how is she even related to Pari ? How did the creators managed to do this🥱 
Now I just hope that they dont make her behave rude to Mishti .
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6
rajdeep is evil...he is inhuman
sandhya...kunal...nandini are people with flaws..
sweety got a big biatchy mouth that needs to be taped🤢
looseseal thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2
Apologies aren't an universal thing as in you dont apologise to the world, you apologize to the one you have wronged. And it should be upto the wronged one to accept the apology or not.

- Rajdeep toh criminal tha, so apology isn't enough there. SO, legal actin were needed 

- Kunal wronged Mouli and Mishti: again as we all know cheating and abandoning your family aren't crimes. Its not nice. He just needs to apologise to Mouli for cheating and to MIshti for not being there. He doesn't need to apologise to Mishti, Radhika and dida for cheating on Mouli. Thats not how apologies work.  ANd just because Mouli forgives him for cheating doesnt mean Mishti needs to forgive him for abandoning her, or vice versa. 
      And what he did too Mouli and Mishti should not (and most probably did not affect his relationship with Nandini and Pari)

- Same goes for Nandini, only person she owed an apology to was Mouli. Because Mouli was the only one who a relationship wither her and was directly wronged.

-And for Sandhya has been mean to Pari that who she needs to apologize (and to Kunal because he is her father, afterall he is the to make Pari understand) and make up to. But she never wronged Mouli. So, Mouli doesn't have the right to demand or even expect an apology.  If she distrust Sandhya after this, thats another matter and thats fair. But she is not in place to "teach" Sandhya any lessons. And unless Mouli's every relationship is based on Kunal's and Pari's happiness, then this should also not affect her current relationships. 
       Kunal and Pari can decide for themselves if they wants to forgive Sandhya. And its completely understandable if they dont. But  saying that  this in any way affect Mouli and Mishti and that Sandhya need to atone for it is bullshit.              
Edited by looseseal - 5 years ago
FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Some people are evil without intending or trying to be like Pari and some people are a part of gangotri clan, people in this clan have khuli chhut to do everything they want to and gangotri sab paap dho degi, now this gangotri clan is everyone associated with Ishaan...
Everyone has a reason to be or to do what they are doing, Sandhya is doing this for her son's welfare is a joke when she wasn't an active part of her son's life for 3 years, suddenly she gave manjuri to his relationship with Mauli, now it's her ego that wants her to win over Malhotra ladies, I don't appreciate a 50 years old woman telling a child that she is responsible for her father's accident, that child has absolutely none in her life, she is already going through alot but of course that's not wrong because she is doing it for Ishaan, but I wanna know how is she doing this for Ishaan?

Ishaan wants to marry Mauli... How does Sandhya trying to stop Pari from telling Kunal that it was Sandhya who told her Nandini's truth, help Ishaan marry Mauli? It makes Sandhya look bad in front of Ishaan so she is not doing it for her son, she is doing it to hide what she did because she knows she was wrong... 

Kunal pushed Mauli to Ishaan, now Mauli is in a condition where she can marry Ishaan happily, I don't think Kunal has to do more than this, he has a life too, yes, he made a mistake and he has done everything he could to help Mauli and now if Mauli still can't get over Kunal or her past, it's her problem, why do I say this? 
Because her on and off mood switches are annoying me now, she is happy with Ishaan so be in that phase be happy that you love him, she isn't missing Radhika or Dida, she is letting her future in law insult them, I don't think Kunal or anyone from Malhotra family owes her anything anymore, whatever she decides is her choice... 

If Kunal was "evil" he wouldn't have cared about Mauli, it's because he cared or he felt that he was wrong that he actually did all this to help Mauli and Ishaan, an evil person wouldn't have cared like Sandhya didn't care about hurting a 4 years old child