Myopic vision led to Colors downfall

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
It was interesting to see the trp chart of Colors today. Its flagship show Naagin when it was aired one day extra fell to seventh place. One slot change and its mighty show fell 6 places. And what did she expect from Bepannah which it was throwing around like football. Started at 9pm, from third week this show was never aired on time. Then shift to 9:30 and finally to 10:30 and not airing on time. This show Colors expected to deliver 2.5+ rating. Wah re wah. What kind of data analysis was done to do such an expectation. And it was ended in 8 months most unprofessional way because it didnt get trps. People were telling only social media hype BP has but when it come to trp it is rock bottom giving 1. With 3 slot changes and unreliable airing timing BP gave 1 trp. In addition to that 1 trp it was an online topper and international topper. What are your new shows giving you colors. Sitara is at 1, Tantra is at 0.4 and Kesari Nandan at 1.4. None of these making any mark in online rating and international your share has gone below 0.01%. And if I see your channel has the lowest package cost. Do you think indian urban audience and international audience will come to you after the way you treated bepannaah even promoting your two shows in the limited time you gave that show to wrap up. 
Any corporate with a vision would have understood what BP brought to table.Any Corporate with vision would take some loss in the present for future gains. BP gave you international footing. your share rose to 0.03 to 0.04 on the back of BP. New urban audience came to your channel just because of BP and that includes me. You forgot TRP is measured by 30k meters but subsciption fees is paid by every viewer. Al these viewers expected some professionalism and dignity. 

By axing BP the most unprofessional way you have lost the audience you gained. If you had shown minimum professionalism and allowed BP to run till Dec or Jan damage wouldnt have been this high. Alas the decision makers in your channel were myopic who just like some amateur analysts depended on TRP number that is based on sampling data and missed to read the larger picture.

You let go of good will, brand image, social media mileage, new foot print among urban audience and international audience just because of faulty decision making. Just listing down the achievements of your low trp show

Best show Popular ITA- Bepannah
Best Male Actor Popular ITA- Harshad Chopda Bepannah
Best Director ITA- Bepannah
SBS best Jodi-Adiya
Fuze best Jodi-Adiya
AVTA Best Male Actor- Harshad Chopda BP
TVP 2018- Harshad Chopda BP
Asian Drama Best Actress- Jennifer Winget BP
Gold Awards Best Actress-Jennifer Winget BP

So many popular awards for a show that had 1 trp. Did you ever think why trp was 1. No you didnt. You just made it an excuse to axe the show as you expected your supernatural shows to give spectacular number. And today your myopic vision is showing the results. 

Naagin cant give your emerging markets or Urban audience neither your supernatural shows. Let you be the cheapest channel, but sane audience prefer Sony even with highest channel package. You had the chance to retain us by treating BP professionally but you lost it big time with your myopic vision and trp based decision making. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thelastsuspect thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Exactly
Colors biggest loss was axing bp unnecessarily 😭 . Look what be provided that most shows couldn't. The two lead actors had the biggest fandoms. And bp was the most loved show on itv! And yet colors decided to axe a beautiful unique show πŸ₯±

If bepannaah had been kept at its original time slot it would have good really ratings now looking at the other shows now on the other channels

I have seen most of colors shows and have hardly seen other shows on other channel but Bp faced the most ridiculous unprofessional behaviour by the channel ever.

It's karma there are some other shows like bp that have suffered but not as much as bp. And I have stopped watching itv now coz bp and biggboss ended I so wish this show didn't take bp time slot πŸ₯±. I only watched biggboss coz it had one of my most loved actors in it other than that I don't think any shows can influence me to watch them.
aditi_jain thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Shruti di πŸ‘
Some people think bepannaah success by it's trp which indeed tried to get atleast 1 even after have been getting changed its time slot 3 times and how can we forget how berangu telecast show then late too... slot was 9 pm but started on 9.15, changed slot was 9.30 but started on 9.40 and last changed slot was 10.30 but started on 10.50. I believe they are more delusional than shippers by expecting 2.5+ trps by playing football with its time slot. 
But people who measure a show's success by trp which is even calculating only for 30k metres while India has a population of 1 billion approx. If they think highest trp show is most popular one or successful then why bhagya's leads or naagin's leads were not even nominated in last ita but yeah FYI bepannaah was nominated in best director, best song, best male and best female categories.
Berangu tu toh gayo *having an evil laugh* nobody can stop your downfall babes.. Game has just started now and there will be more turns n twists which maybe will lead to vanish your existence too... You never know and yeah you know that popular saying " KARMA IS BITCH" 

Kiruravi thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wah what a tight slap to tht sadistic moron channelπŸ‘.
The channel is completely doomed. Bp faced almost 6 diff time change and two slot change. It opened with a roaring 2.7 which none of their new shows can give. And inspite of changing the timings nd slots bp was giving them 1.0 trp. At 10.50 to 11.20 slot it was giving them 1.0 trp while their new show sitara is gvng them 1. Frm 10.30 to 11.00 wow what an achievement berangu.πŸ‘

A gem like BP was nt meant for this stupid brainless channel. Bp gave online trps international popularity plus decent trps in an improper timeslot but it was axed ruthlessly without even getting extension or basic minimal time to wrap up , a show which gave so much recog was treated very badly by this unprofessional moron.

Bernagu is in 9th position in top10 channels list and soon it will be out of top 10. And BP a show which ran for 8 months just 8 months called a flop bagged almost 9 awardsπŸ˜ƒ which none of their so called trp no 1 show or long running shows can achieve. Trp cannot decide a show's success 30K box wil not decide a show's quality and BP is a proud eg for this.

None of bernagu's snakes,kavach, poison bby or bhoot bhangala can save the channel. The channel is paying the price. It will be doomed forever.
shabla thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Amazing post Sruthi...Naagin gayi bhaad mein...the people who mocked bp when it got trp of 1.2 with one extra episode on saturday (airing 6 days a week) have now lost words because trp topper shw fell unbelievable down with one extra episode...what a pity...the real awkaad of naagin now we saw...a classic and beautiful show like bp was kicked out of channel for accommodating ujjala baby or rather i say Ujjala lady couldnt even bring the trp which bp used to give at un usual time...silsila gave trp of 1 at 11 where tantra now gives only .4...DEM opened with a trp of 1.9 where now kesari could bring only 1.4...what a disgusting channel...they played volleyball with BP timing still it was top shw in UK and Online tho it was a rage and still it is ...Now with BB also ending what is this pathetic excuse of a channel left with...thy have neither trp shws nor quality shows...this is what happens where u have a horrible programming team assisted equally horrible research and data analysis team...soon this channel will close down for good...and atleast now thy should accept tht popularity is not all abt trp...Trp pakad ke baitogea tho soon narag mein gayao gea with direct ticket and no immigration...🀒😈
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yes friends visionless decision making has cost this channel.
mystique_4008 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Bang on shruti πŸ‘ seriously has anyone ever seen a channel making such stupid decisions and taking their viewers for granted like this?? after facing so much backlash, they aren't making any effort to rectify their mistakes. Are these people who work for the channel even human I wonder?? The show which gave them international popularity is the one they choose to play dirty politics with. *facepalm*

Shruti, right now Sony is the only channel I have a lot of respect for. They give more importance to content than TRPs and acknowledge the popularity of a show. Which
is why a show like YUDKBH is still running. Edited by Cherryfairy - 5 years ago
mystique_4008 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I have a slightly unpopular opinion. In a way I am glad BP ended otherwise by now I think the story would have been ruined completely due to colourless. Ani sir tried his best to maintain the essence as much as he could but had the show continued, he may not have been able to. I had a strong instinct after reading faryal mam's post, that PH decided to pull the plug knowing channel will not let them show the story how it was supposed to be.
imSoma thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Very well written πŸ‘πŸΌ
romancefan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cherryfairy

I have a slightly unpopular opinion. In a way I am glad BP ended otherwise by now I think the story would have been ruined completely due to colourless. Ani sir tried his best to maintain the essence as much as he could but had the show continued, he may not have been able to. I had a strong instinct after reading faryal mam's post, that PH decided to pull the plug knowing channel will not let them show the story how it was supposed to be.

Yes that is the truth. Faryal talked about the cup, lip and slip for her farewell post. BP was axed not due to trp only or even to accommodate a new show. It was the huge fight between the ph and channel over how the story should progress. Sort of like DEM. Which is why some fans were upset at CVS for being too stubborn, hence they list the show.