Radha Krishna

The Teenage Chronicles : Part 4 Pg 8

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Hello everyone!
I'm here with a new concept woven around the iconic pair of Radha Krishna
Set in the Vrindavan University of modern India, here's a story of Lord Krishna and Devi Radha, set in the 21st century. The emotion, love and magic stays intact as that of Dwapar Yuga.

Hope y'all like it!

A small prologue : X

<Part 1 below>

Edited by Mishti_Dahi - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
The Dance Selections

Radhika, Madhu, Sukhi and Damaa hurried towards the auditorium. They were getting late for the dance selections that were scheduled after all the classes had ended, for the day. 

Vrindavan University was to participate in the biggest Dance Competition of the Year, to be held at Mathura. All of Radha's friends were excited and wanted to be a part of the team representing their prestigious University.

Only Krishh, was nowhere to be found.

The Gang quickly undid their footwear and quietly sneaked into the usually quiet Hall.

Radha's anklet was heavily entangled with the shoe lace and she was struggling to get through, lest the teacher should see her late and scold her.

Bamm!

Something tough struck her hair suddenly. She turned around, still kneeling, to see Krishh standing right behind her. 

"Ouchh! What was that?", she asked annoyed.
He showed off his stunning new flute, his immortal sakhi, his Bansuri.

He stuck out his tongue to tease. When she looked down, the lace was clear of the anklet strands.

"Only if the Lord did anything simp-ly", Radha swayed her head and got up.
Before she could step in, Krishh blocked the way by his flute.

"First tell me, are you ready?"
"Ready for what?"
"Radhe, my priye, for the selection, what else?"
"Of course I am! Sure to get selected. Afterall I'm the lead dancer", she tried to show off too, while dramatically having her head held high above her shoulders.

"Cough, umm. Itna ghamandd", he teased again. 
She stuck out her tongue in response.

Radha held his flute and softly pushed it away. He smiled, having had her touch his new flute.

Soon enough, the teacher arrived.

"Sukhi, you're first", she called.
Sukhi Radha's best friend, danced very gracefully having practiced hard.

Next, it was Radha's turn.

Krishh offered to play the flute immediately. She smiled, it was their small ritual to not perform without each other. She couldn't recollect the last time they had put up even a small show, without each other's presence, company and support.

She put on her ghungroos and he checked his flute.

And in no time, the performance began. Everything was effortless - his lips swayed over the flute like waves. And she - was nowhere far behind. Responding aptly to every note, she swooned like the Kadam tree at Yamuna's shore, playing in the wind, in gay abandon.

Up and up he went, touching the highest note of the Sargam. Fast and fast her body moved, keeping up with the pitch and speed.
And then it happened. At what Radha thought was the last note, he only went a bit further ahead and up. The momentary confusion snowballed into disbalnace as down she went, with a thud.

Her ghungroos too, scattered all over the place. The strands gave way to unleash the hundreds of small bells, tinkling in chorus and rolling on the floor.

"Radhika!", her friends came rushing to her rescue.

Sukhi lifted her up. Krishh simply, slightly leaned his body over the pillar and giggled.

Radha narrowed her eyes on him, while getting up.
"Asambhava! What was that?", she asked him without uttering a word.
He only playfully dangled his flute, raising his eyebrows.

"Radha your ankle seems sprained", the teacher said.

She limped and sat heavily on the bench, all the time eyeing him with awe and anger both.

The selections concluded. In the event of Radha's injury, Sukhi was given the lead position to dance, alongside Krishh.

As everyone left, Radha was left alone, seated on the bench.
Tears brimmed in her eyes, with the mere thought of Krishh having to dance with someone else.
She fiercely caught her dupatta, crumbling it in agony, to lessen the pain of her grief. Krishh was right, perhaps she had practiced less this time. Perhaps this lead dancer thing had made her a vain. Perhaps she could no longer answer her Kanha for every trick he did on the flute, with her steps.

She felt a soothing cold sweep of wind on her cheeks. Krishh was trying to blow away her tears. He was kneeled right in front of her. His eyes were ever so large and beautiful  holding an entire Universe inside them. He blinked them so innocently, asking her not to cry.

"Radhe Radhe Radhe!", he hopped onto the bench to take a seat beside her.

"Why do you worry?"
"You are going to leave me and dance with Sukhi", she complained lovingly.

He couldn't help but giggle at her innocent gorgeous face. How cute she looked when miffed!

"Bass, Itna hi bharosa apne Krishh par?", he asked her.

"Tum karne kya waale ho Kanha?", she asked confused.

He got up and started playing his flute. Before leaving, he turned around and winked at her once.

The Next Day

The group was ready to practice for the contest. All of them had rehearsed well throughout the year and now it was time to prepare for a show.

Radha was seated on the bench, sorrowful with her head drooped down, staring at her swollen ankle.

Madhu, Sukhi, Damaa everyone was here. Krishh as usual was late or perhaps, missing.

Suddenly, Radha heard a cry of anguish around the corner of the door. Someone was in deep pain.

She looked up and stretched her head to see who it was. Soon, Krishh appeared at the door, crying and wailing.
He was limping, with support from Balram, who had to miss his own class and attend to Kanha.

"Hey mori Maiyya!", he cried out loudly, weeping over Dau's shoulder. His left leg was bandaged.
Dau explained convincingly how Krishh had slipped down the stairs of the hostel and had his leg fractured.

Radha somehow wasn't convinced.

"I'm sorry Ma'am but I won't be able to dance", he apologised and limped towards Radha.
His one wink and smile came flying towards her and she got the game. Her face lit up with happiness.

"Khush?", he asked.

She smiled and blushed.

"But Krishh, won't we dance this year at all?", she asked, with a hint of sadness.
He smiled calmly.
He removed his morpankh and asked her to close her eyes and touch it.

And off they were, to the banks of river Yamuna, dancing merrily, in the plush landscape of trees, cows and blooming flowers. Up and up he went again; but she didn't miss that note this time.

Edited by Mishti_Dahi - 5 years ago
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Yeah, he's still annoying her, but it's worth it! Lovely writing through!  😛
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Hi,
First of all, please tell me your name. 😳

And lovely start to the story. You have captured the love hidden beneath all that teasing.  

Still...it was very mean of him to make her twist her ankles!!  😆 
Looking forward to the next part... 

Love
Kshithi
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: Radhikerani

Yeah, he's still annoying her, but it's worth it! Lovely writing through!  😛

😆
Thank you so much Pro!😳
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: Muggle_Diaries

Hi,

First of all, please tell me your name.  😳

And lovely start to the story. You have captured the love hidden beneath all that teasing.  

Still...it was very mean of him to make her twist her ankles!!  😆 
Looking forward to the next part... 

Love
Kshithi

Hey,
I'm Mahi 😆

Thank you so much! Very glad that you liked it.
Erm, that twist might serve a bigger purpose, you never know!😉

Viswasruti thumbnail
Mahi , a well-written part 1 , waiting to read the next part soon. 🤗 
Loved the university name, Brindavan univ ., it seems you have a very good knowledge of dance and music, an asset to a good writer! 👏
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Mahi , a well-written part 1 , waiting to read the next part soon.  🤗 

Loved the university name, Brindavan univ ., it seems you have a very good knowledge of dance and music, an asset to a good writer! 👏

Thankyou so much!
No, I don't think I've good knowledge of dance or music. Music, Phir bhi yes as I play an instrument but dance, no 😆
Thanks a lot again 😳
I am a big fan of such type of stories.
I myself always wanted to write a story on plot of Krishna and balram transported to ramayana period and Krishna messing up with everyone at ayodhya and teaching a lesson to surpnakha in his own prankster way. Never got a chance to do that.😆
diksha710 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Lovely OS Mahi ...👏 Wish we get such scenes in the show 🤔