My take on the leap!

tranquilmelody thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Nov 2012 to Nov 2018- looks like a full circle has been completed for GK show fans. I was not aware of IPK at those times, I watched it first time only in 2017 & read about all the drama but could understand the emotional investment of the fans especially the online ones who spend time & effort to express their opinions, analyse the episodes, rant or rave in general. 
But I have different take on this. Either when BS & SI were cast for IPK or Narbhi for IB, its only GK & her team who knew that this pairing would click. Watching initial episodes even the fans wouldn't have guessed that Arshi & Shivika would go on to become such iconic pairs. So it is to GK's credit that she had the conviction to pair them & it grew on us the audience. 
While I read that IPK was shut down due to fandom request, I felt that GK should have stood her ground & gotten a new ML & went on with the show. We fans need good chemistry & acting & GK has the eye for spotting talent & chemistry. So if IPK had gone on with a new ML & good storyline, things might have worked out for everyone.
The same goes for IB. I'm a Shivika fan but what made Shivika dear to me was the beautiful progression in their relationship for which the credit goes to the initial day writers, Narbhi & GK. Now in redux which is supposed to focus on Shivika, many fans like me have stopped watching because of the poor writing, though the actors remain the same, Shivika hold no appeal anymore though I tried holding my interest through all the crap thrown only for Shivika. So Shivika alone is only going to extend the show to a certain extent but can't stop it from sinking. 
So if IB is coming with new FL or continue with Narbhi, unless the story & script is good, it is not going to succeed.
Coming from watching another show in a rival channel for the past couple of weeks, which is also shutting shop due to poor writing, one thing I have realised is from now on I should select a serial to watch 1st based on the writing team & 2nd to the leads.
If IB comes with a fresh & well written story & I know NM will ace it & if the FL is a good performer too then I would surely watch it.   

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Free_Rein thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Do you still believe in the writers??😆😆.Its the actors who made the show successful.If not them,the show would have shut down at around 145 episodes,the story was somewhat well written  only upto around 145 episodes.It went downhill with 1st forced Shaadi.The actors were the one who managed to made the viewers hook to the show,otherwise who watch the shit writing of fake memory loss,nafratbaaaz sisters,stupid mergers??If not for SC played Anika and if the other actress played it,Anika would have looked OTT,its Surbhi chandna who  had brought a life to Anika.

The writing has always been poor if not pathetic even before catlady turned into showrunner but its the actors who made it possible to reach the milestone of around 700 episodes.

And i confidently say it has been NM-SC and Shivika as a unit was,is,will be the USP of the show.Nothing is going to work without these 2 as a unit.Its a Universal fact.There is no other way around.Only Nakuul or only Surbhi can't run this show.Its  only their chemistry that works for this show.
Edited by Metis - 5 years ago
Sayali_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Gul has a eye for talent... I will give u that... But that does not equals to a guaranteed success... It has to be backed up with substance in storyline, acting & direction... Its a team effort...
In IB case post force shaadi & KjLee falling sick it was NM-SC who carried the show on their shoulder with their performance even the writing was becoming mediocre day by day and throughout redux for the lack of better words its bull shit...

Gul can very well start a new show with NM with new actress... Nobody is opposing that but but but not at the cost of Annika being killed to make way for that...

Shivika fans who tolerated nonsense illogical tracks dished out to them time & again on the way deserve a happy ending... & not even Gul has a right to deny us that even if its her show... Because IB survived for so long with substandard quality in terms of writing & PH value only because of fans and Gul owe it to us fans...

krithi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I completely agree with your points. I was also unaware of IPK. When IPK-2 had been started by another PH with new leads , that show met so many controversies . Some fans were not ready to accept even the name and some fans were not ready to accept the female lead for their favorite male lead. They told that the show would be shut down within a week just like the soothsayers. But that show breaked all the things and it reached 500 episodes due to the good theme , good creative director, talented cast and crew and the wonderful chemistry of the leads.   It could be more if the male lead and the very good director didn't quit the show. So the show success can't be decided by the particular fans only.
Every show has various types of viewers. They all have not the accounts in social media to interact with the writers. So the writers should not change their thoughts on the basis of a few fans request. So that some show stories meet the discontinuations and the meaningless scenes. All the writers are the creators. They should feel free when they create the characters. They should not be forced to create something to satisfy sombodies. 

Actually the actors are accepted or rejected according to the viewers mindset. So no one can forecast the show's destiny.
Edited by krithi1990 - 5 years ago
tranquilmelody thumbnail
I for one don't think only one particular actress can do justice to the character, lots of talent in the industry & if someone is able to do similar or better, then it is good. I do love SC as Annika but that doesn't mean if Annika is played by some one else & even if she is good I'll stop watching, as long as the character is etched well & the actor performs, no problem for me. Anyway it seems that someone else is playing shivika's son, so SC fans can rest easy but we will have to see how Annika is being dealt with before the leap.
Free_Rein thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: tranquilmelody

I for one don't think only one particular actress can do justice to the character, lots of talent in the industry & if someone is able to do similar or better, then it is good. I do love SC as Annika but that doesn't mean if Annika is played by some one else & even if she is good I'll stop watching, as long as the character is etched well & the actor performs, no problem for me. Anyway it seems that someone else is playing shivika's son, so SC fans can rest easy but we will have to see how Annika is being dealt with before the leap.

Gul confirmed quoting "Nakuul will be playing Shivika's son playing Shivaansh Singh oberoi after the generation leap" in latest Pinkvilla article.

She didn't open her mouth yet on Surbhi's exit but as per this article,they are hunting for new female lead 😆
Edited by ...Nihara... - 5 years ago
tranquilmelody thumbnail
Is SC really out of the leap or are they still trying to work it out? If NM is SSO junior then surely SC is not going to be the FL. So what could be the fate of Annika's character, any guesses other than dying during childbirth? But they say a love story becomes great with a tragic ending, so arc lady, as you so sweetly call her, might have decided along with GK to give a tragic end & make IB great.😆
Sayali_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: tranquilmelody

agreed industry is full of talent... but after 2.5 years doing a particular character and making it alive on screen for that long... koie super star bhi use replace kare toh bhi ppl will not feel the connect... it's natural to feel that way...

it's more to do with emotional connect with the character and actor playing it...
AreYaar thumbnail
That's a lot of stock to be putting in the writers of this show. 

All GK shows essentially have the same stories...what makes them work? Just the faces keep changing and based on individual tastes ppl connect to the pairing accordingly. 

Off late, the writing has nosedived even more in Gul's team especially with Harneet proving her range doesn't extend beyond IPK3/DBO type stuff...Shivika seem like a total fluke now. 

So for me personally, all that kept them afloat was NM-SC's chemistry...and it wasn't the kind of chemistry that only flares for patented GK show "hawt" scenes...they had a multi-faceted, multi-range one of a kind chemistry. 

GK can continue with her delusion that she can pair up NM with any new girl and build a new fanbase...but she is setting herself up for failure here. 

For me, NM's previous show was utterly forgettable in terms of his romantic pairing...Gul seems to think she can put any girl with him and create the same kind of chemistry...lol dekhte hain. 

I feel sorry for NM cuz he's also just going to get pulled down in the riptide here...all the glory he kamaaoed as SSO, as part of Shivika will be tainted by whatever new pairing he's dumped into...lol 
SRKisLove thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I was wondering whether I should comment or not bur well, whatever. This isn't to do with this show particularly, just what I think about the maker's post (I haven't read the rest of the comments!)

Okay I have watched three (four, if you count DBO separately) Gul shows now. My fav was and will always be QH season 1. ❤️

So, when KSG quit QH as Asad, we all boycotted the show. ( I am not a KSG fan but I loved his portrayal of Asad). Even the trps sank badly, because for both tv and online audience, KSG was Asad. The new guy just couldn't gel in.
So, the makers quickly ended that season, and took a generation leap. Surbhi Jyoti was retained as Zoya's twin daughters, Sanam and Seher, while rest everyone changed. 
The new pairing of Surbhi and KVB was a hit too, I liked it too, though not as much as Asya. 

What I am trying to demonstrate is that if the makers replace some other actress as Annika, then it would definitely not work, because the audience connects SC's face to Annika, no one else can be Annika for them. There is no Annika, without Surbhi. 

But there can be IB without her, just as there was QH without Asad/Zoya, replaced with Aahil/Sanam. 

If they change the storyline altogether, and get a new CHARACTER pairing then it might work. Because Nakuul's face will no longer be associated with Shivaay, in the new pairing. It will be the face for some other character, his son I guess, then. 

I know online audience is all about pairings and ships. But honestly trp audience doesn't care for that. They care for characters. If they cared for actors, then shows with the best actors or most popular actors would have done well, but that is not the case. 

For the tv audience, Shivika's story would be over, and they will move on to the next generation's story. If the Gen next story is told well, then who knows, IB might rebound on the trp list (from where it has been expunged since a month or more). And trp is all that matters for Star

This is nothing new, its being done several times on tv and films before. 

If they get a famous actress opposite NM like Drashti or someone, then their pairing will be huge too, just like KVB brought his own fanbase to QH. 

Thats just how industry works. *shrugs*