Saddam Hussain execution- do you agree?

Posted: 17 years ago

I was just wondering if you guys agree on the execution of Saddam Hussain?πŸ˜•, the thing is that i felt that the hang system was not worth it, i mean i felt he should have been tortured more, not that i am not kind-hearted but just that he deserved much more, as much as i know and to tell you i don't know much about him, but just wanted your opinions and suggestionsπŸ˜ƒ, and a few Q's for you-

If not hanged, what else could have been the punishment for him, if you were the judge?

The things he did to other ppl, do you think him being hanged is the same as what he did to others?

Do you think they should have waited a little longer before excuting him, atlest till Eid?πŸ˜•

What would you have felt if a victim who had been killed by Saddam was your relative or somewhere related to you?

and atlast: Was Saddam in any way a good leader to the Iraqi's?

Feel free to add your own Q'sπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³

Edited by angelaisha - 17 years ago
i agree with Saddam's execution..he was a dictator and killed so many people in his own country 😑 and that too, in a crucial way but stll, i think maybe his punishment was a little too harsh...i dont think that punishment should be given to anyone...

If not hanged, what else could have been the punishment for him, if you were the judge?

I think maybe....well....being hung kinda matches his punishment..he kinda deserves it, no offense....but maybe life inprisonment

The things he did to other ppl, do you think him being hanged is the same as what he did to others?

I think being hung is a less of punishment, looking at what he did to others but i think its wrong to do it...i mean, i know he did many wrong things,,,but i dont think this punishment was right

Do you think they should have waited a little longer before excuting him, atlest till Eid?

Well....yes, i think that would have been nice....after Eid, after he prayed, atleast. It would have been nice and more rewarding

What would you have felt if a victim who had been killed by Saddam was your relative or somewhere related to you?

I would be VERY mad 😑 I would hate Saddam even more than anyone! Its horrible just hearing about all that he's done to strangers to me...but if it was a family member...

No, i dont believe so...he ruined his country and pu all the citizens into a total darkness when they couldnt even be sure if their home was safe for them
Edited by zhasan2 - 17 years ago
Dunno, but i know that the main motive of America to Declare War Against Him or in Iraq was Oil Reserves
I don't know - when he was first captured I was all for the death penalty; after all, the man was a murderer. But watching the news in the last few days and seeing the images of him being led to the gallows brought out the human in me - he may be a bad man, but did he deserve to die like that? Would it have been a better punishment for him to remain in jail all his life? This way, for some and possibly himself, he is a martyr...I feel like the death penalty should NOT be be given to anyone - if Saddam was a murderer, this execution also makes *us* murderers. As Gandhiji said, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind". Edited by psawyer - 17 years ago

Originally posted by psawyer

I don't know - when he was first captured I was all for the death penalty; after all, the man was a murderer. But watching the news in the last few days and seeing the images of him being led to the gallows brought out the human in me - he may be a bad man, but did he deserve to die like that? Would it have been a better punishment for him to remain in jail all his life? This way, for some and possibly himself, he is a martyr...I feel like the death penalty should NOT be be given to anyone - if Saddam was a murderer, this execution also makes *us* murderers. As Gandhiji said, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind".

This is exactly how I feel !!!!!

I tried to say it in the "There is something i just have to say" thread but not in so many words.

I was quite saddened by his execution ? πŸ˜• even though I know he was a cruel and cold man !

But I too feel he should have remained in a dark prison cell.... to suffer for the rest of his life or if he was to die - then they should have just shot him dead.

I don't think anyone should be hanged.

Edited by ~priya~ - 17 years ago
Originally posted by angelaisha

Make a pan of boiling oil and fry him in that

nope

Do you think they should have waited a little longer before excuting him, atlest till Eid?πŸ˜•

nek kaam me deri nahi karni chahiye

cheated

Better than the current one's

Feel free to add your own Q'sπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³

Thanks, but no, thanks

Hmm,

1. I am not for death penalty.
2. I didn't have the gut to watch 'all' on tv.
3. Sadaam did do those wrong deeds; US brought him to trial. But I feel that his trial should have taken place in an international/crimes against humantiy court. At least, then the punishment that gets decided on is somewhat mutual.
4. Indeed sad to see a man get punished rather than reformed (general opinion/ not only for saddaam)

i agree to the fact that he should have tortured..! but i think he was tortured enought.! because when you know you are going to die in lyk so n so dayz..who isnt sad? i mean who isnt tortured!?  after all he is a human.! I think it is right that he could have get tortured in a different way rather than being hanged.! and i agree with psawyer to the fact that..if we killed him..the we are considered as a murderer as well..except we killed one..and he killed tons..!

Love,
ak

According to the Indian Govt

India disappointed over Saddam execution

Saturday, 30 December , 2006, 11:59

New Delhi: Describing the execution of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein as "unfortunate", India on Saturday said it was "disappointed" over the development.

New Delhi, which had earlier opposed Hussein's execution, hoped that the event will not affect the process of reconciliation and restoration of peace in the trouble-torn country.

"We had already expressed the hope that the execution would not be carried out. We are disappointed that it has been (carried out)," External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee said in a statement.

"We hope that the unfortunate event will not affect the process of reconciliation, restoration of peace and normalcy in Iraq," he said.

These politicans in IndiaπŸ˜†, all they care about is their vote-bankEdited by sareg - 17 years ago
I think this execution will lead to more hatred between Sunis and Shias. I think execution wasn't the right way to go about it. He died in just seconds.