A different Dhuryodhan

Sukrutha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
This Dhuryodhan seems to be different...he is shown better and showing more of his good sides rather than the bad ones.They are keeping him grey and not making him an outright negative guy...like who would expect to see him sending a love letter... 😆 ...he is being sweet and considerate that he might afteral not impress the princess.Well what he does next is different but as a whole this Dhuryodhan is not going to be as ruthless and negative overall...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Yes this portrayal of Duryodhana is different and grey ..not totally a villain they are showing his human side...
Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am absolutely loving this Duryodhan. I was wondering why no one's made a post about him. Firstly, I love the guy playing Duryodhan. I think Duruodhan's potrayal just gets better over time. He is arrogant, he is fully cognizant of his position as a prince and has the arrogance and careless attitude that come with a prince. However, I love how he genuinely befriends Karn and how he treats him as a friend. In fact, he doesn't even address Karn by name and only calls him "Mitr". Which is frigging amazing. And this love letter thing still showed his arrogance but a better and more humane side to him which is superb. I hope it stays that way and I have a feeling he will catalyst Karn's relationship with Urvi. Simply coz he doesn't feel superior to his friend and doesn't dictate terms to Karn. 
Even while giving that vachan, Duryodhan could have questioned why Karn gave that vachan to Urvi and stuff. But the only thing he says is that he's not obligated to do so. Basically, Duryodhan was just emphasising on the fact that Karn is royalty too and doesn't have to give in to people. 
And later, when these two have that slight confusion about liking that princess. He doesn't throw his weight around that Karn dared liking someone he likes. He mentions it off handedly which was handled with so much finesse it's awesome. At the same time, he's pretty rude to the artist. That shows his rapport to Karn. And despite his dislike for Urvi, I feel Duryodhan will support Karn if he figures out his feelings for her. Coz he simply doesn't question too much. Even in that scene, he said, I want the girl and Mitr wants her gem. Simple. I absolutely love this. I am eager to see how they get their hands on the gem, I feel Duryodhan will have a role to play there too. 
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree. I feel, in fact, that he not only seems to be different, he IS different. And it is not just the love letter, see the polite manner with which he greets Kunti!

His being grey and not the usual pitch black bodes well for the show, as he will be a more complex, and thus a more interesting character.

But viewers are unpredictable!. I have seen only one review of Karnsangini, and the writer was lamenting that this Duryodhana was not like Puneet Issar of the 1988 version, or Arpit Ranka of the recent one, a powerful, perennially snarling bully!

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: BluFate

This Dhuryodhan seems to be different...he is shown better and showing more of his good sides rather than the bad ones.They are keeping him grey and not making him an outright negative guy...like who would expect to see him sending a love letter... 😆 ...he is being sweet and considerate that he might afteral not impress the princess.Well what he does next is different but as a whole this Dhuryodhan is not going to be as ruthless and negative overall...

Edited by sashashyam - 5 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Just perfect !! 👏

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: najma123

I am absolutely loving this Duryodhan. I was wondering why no one's made a post about him. Firstly, I love the guy playing Duryodhan. I think Duruodhan's potrayal just gets better over time. He is arrogant, he is fully cognizant of his position as a prince and has the arrogance and careless attitude that come with a prince. 

However, I love how he genuinely befriends Karn and how he treats him as a friend. In fact, he doesn't even address Karn by name and only calls him "Mitr". Which is frigging amazing. 

And this love letter thing still showed his arrogance but a better and more humane side to him which is superb. 

I hope it stays that way and I have a feeling he will catalyst Karn's relationship with Urvi. Simply coz he doesn't feel superior to his friend and doesn't dictate terms to Karn. 

Even while giving that vachan, Duryodhan could have questioned why Karn gave that vachan to Urvi and stuff. But the only thing he says is that he's not obligated to do so. Basically, Duryodhan was just emphasising on the fact that Karn is royalty too and doesn't have to give in to people. 

And later, when these two have that slight confusion about liking that princess. He doesn't throw his weight around that Karn dared liking someone he likes. He mentions it off handedly which was handled with so much finesse it's awesome. At the same time, he's pretty rude to the artist. That shows his rapport to Karn. 

And despite his dislike for Urvi, I feel Duryodhan will support Karn if he figures out his feelings for her. Coz he simply doesn't question too much. Even in that scene, he said, I want the girl and Mitr wants her gem. Simple. I absolutely love this. I am eager to see how they get their hands on the gem, I feel Duryodhan will have a role to play there too. 

Edited by sashashyam - 5 years ago
adithyan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BluFate

He seems different because here we are exploring the other side of the story... None from MB was white... All were grey... After all one's white will be other's black
SweetRogue thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Currently this Duryodhana resembles Vyasa's Duryodhana more than any previous TV adaptation. Though Puneet Issar's Duryodhana too was portrayed as being good to those that were his friends. I don't recall BRC Duryodhana ever insulting Karna. Starbharat totally butchered Duryodhana's character, essentially turning him into a caricature.