KarnSangini

Uruvi is charming

Fairy_KimBokJoo thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I think this was the episode for me to be even more charmed by Uruvi than usual! Few moments that stood out, 
i) Uruvi establishing that gender has nothing to do with friendship! I have said this before but I like how sorted she is! She is quite illusion-free, she is aware of the difference between feelings of friendship and feelings of love!

ii) Uruvi's playfulness with Karna! I was singularly charmed by her when she looked back at Karna and said, "Well maybe Angraaj has brought something." I am so amused by her teasing attitude towards Karna, she alternates between treating him like a shy young boy and a formidable man! I loved how she knew he was uncomfortable and kept teasing him...especially in the bit where she says, "no arrow can lower your eyes on the battlefield but your head is lowered in front of a few women?" ðŸ˜† I love this shy, awkward version of Karna! He reminds me of Matthew Macfadyen's Darcy which is... a great thing!

iii) I liked the dancing portion and the paan-poetry thing! The dancing was very Bollywood-ish but Uruvi was beautiful! 

iv) Apart from Uruvi, I liked one particular Karna moment tonight. When Duryodhan worries over whether Bhanumati will choose him or not, Karna says, "She has the right to choose anyone." This is a solid statement, a good statement. But a second later he adds, "I am sure she wouldn't choose anyone but you. Who can choose anyone else when you're there?" This is a seemingly innocent comment, a friend encouraging another friend. But we know the future direction of the story, so this slight edge of entitlement was interesting to me! Karna's thought process is intriguing, Yes, the girl has all the right to choose. But how can she not choose my friend? These are the moments where I feel this version of Karna may possibly be my favorite characterization of Karna!

Ps Bhanumati's comments were annoying! Also, why is Karna carrying love messages back and forth? Is he a pigeon? Kuch bhi ðŸ˜†

PS, still struggling with Aashim's portrayal. Please just loosen up a little dude. Stoicism = / = lack of facial movement.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Nice analysis .I found today's episode very cute...Ashim has to grow more but he was quite adorable in look he gave to uruvi.. when. She says suniye.. uruvi was very good..and her attraction towards Karn is increasing ðŸ˜³..she is mesmerized..even when she is dancing ..she is picturing him till he shows up himself..
We haven't seen this side of karn before..shy and blushing.. I wud love to see him smile as well ðŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by: riti4u

Nice analysis .I found today's episode very cute...Ashim has to grow more but he was quite adorable in look he gave to uruvi.. when. She says suniye.. uruvi was very good..and her attraction towards Karn is increasing ðŸ˜³..she is mesmerized..even when she is dancing ..she is picturing him till he shows up himself..

We haven't seen this side of karn before..shy and blushing.. I wud love to see him smile as well ðŸ˜ƒ

Yeah the episode was cute overall, not as dramatic as I feared! I tend to oscillate between liking and not liking Aashim's portrayal it seems, I liked him in the moment I mentioned above, also when he instantly stops as Uruvi says "Suniye"! I like the pursuer-pursued role reversal between them, Uruvi is pretty much pursuing him at this point, seeking him out, without any awareness though! ðŸ˜† I also am liking Karna's habit of fidgeting around her, it really is endearing! 
Edited by Fairy_KimBokJoo - 5 years ago
Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nice analysis. I am super glad they are keeping the political Dynamics of Mahabharata at bay, and focusing on a fairy tale romance here. I am loving it. I think it's mostly Urvi's freshness, her enthusiasm, her frivolity that make it so refreshing. 
For the first time ever, I saw the heroine in a mythology take the lead in romance - in both the heart stopping, deep moments outside thr bath when she saw him and those teasing moments as well. 
However, I see quite a few people mentioning the stoic nature of Aashim as Karn. I notice it too. But I think that just adds to Karna's allure for Urvi. He's so frigging in control of himself betraying barely any emotion, that it makes Urvi take more initiative. Of course, I think it's highly because the actor is too stiff but think about it another way, I think it jisr makes the character all the more attractive to me. And definitely to Urvi. The tension she feels, and the rawness he exhibits, I am blown. XD
Originally posted by: najma123

Nice analysis. I am super glad they are keeping the political Dynamics of Mahabharata at bay, and focusing on a fairy tale romance here. I am loving it. I think it's mostly Urvi's freshness, her enthusiasm, her frivolity that make it so refreshing. 

For the first time ever, I saw the heroine in a mythology take the lead in romance - in both the heart stopping, deep moments outside thr bath when she saw him and those teasing moments as well. 
However, I see quite a few people mentioning the stoic nature of Aashim as Karn. I notice it too. But I think that just adds to Karna's allure for Urvi. He's so frigging in control of himself betraying barely any emotion, that it makes Urvi take more initiative. Of course, I think it's highly because the actor is too stiff but think about it another way, I think it jisr makes the character all the more attractive to me. And definitely to Urvi. The tension she feels, and the rawness he exhibits, I am blown. XD

Oh same! Had I wanted to see the same tale retold, I'd just go to youtube and watch BRC's adaptation! ðŸ˜† People can keep complaining about it but I don't especially care. It's essentially fanfiction and should be treated as such! And it's not like Karna's personal life is actually a part of the original epic!

Uruvi, yes, she is the anchor of the show imo, she is so charming and vivacious! I completely agree with your point re. Uruvi taking the lead, it makes the romantic plot seem particularly enjoyable! I like seeing how enchanted she is, I can feel her physically falling in love. I always enjoy narratives which describe the female process of falling in love in detail! This show is doing a good job with the romance so far! Your point about Karna being in control is pretty great tbh, this is why I was comparing him with MacFadyen's Darcy! ðŸ˜† Karna is so endlessly fascinating to Uruvi because he is so in control, so mysterious! But the acting is still giving me problems! ðŸ˜†
Edited by Fairy_KimBokJoo - 5 years ago
Antara123 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Fairy_KimBokJoo

Oh same! Had I wanted to see the same tale retold, I'd just go to youtube and watch BRC's adaptation!  😆 People can keep complaining about it but I don't especially care. It's essentially fanfiction and should be treated as such! 

Uruvi, yes, she is the anchor of the show imo, she is so charming and vivacious! I completely agree with your point re. Uruvi taking the lead, it makes the romantic plot seem particularly enjoyable! I like seeing how enchanted she is, I can feel her physically falling in love. I always enjoy narratives which describe the female process of falling in love in detail! This show is doing a good job with the romance so far! Your point about Karna being in control is pretty great tbh, this is why I was comparing him with MacFadyen's Darcy! ðŸ˜† Karna is so endlessly fascinating to Uruvi because he is so in control, so mysterious! But the acting is still giving me problems! ðŸ˜†

I love some of your adjectives. They are so apt I can't tell you. First, that it is essentially fanfiction. True. And I love it. I have stopped reading posts on authenticity of the story and how different versions are varied in the story coz frankly it gave me a headache last week. ðŸ˜•ðŸ˜† I am happy knowing the Mahabharata I know. And yeah, BRC' MB is superb but that was more like a description of events. This is all about interplay of emotions. As to how some events affected these people, and fiction or whatever. It's superb. 
I also loved the adjective vivacious. I was looking for this word, couldn't recollect. ðŸ˜³ðŸ˜‰ I think this is the first time i am watching a show with the female taking a lead in romance and it's amazing ðŸ˜†
Another thing I agree with is, yeah even i can physically feel Urvi falling in love. Tender and exquisite. Sadly I haven't watched the movie to understand the Darcy comparison. But I know he's like the idol of gentlemanly romance. 
Another two words I loved are mysterious and fascinating. I don't think she's in love yet. It's the novelty factor that engages her. He's got so much suspense and his underratedness makes her want more from him. His quiet arrogance and his silent but apparent disinterest in her (we know he's interested but she thinks he isn't) induces her further. 
Originally posted by: najma123

I love some of your adjectives. They are so apt I can't tell you. First, that it is essentially fanfiction. True. And I love it. I have stopped reading posts on authenticity of the story and how different versions are varied in the story coz frankly it gave me a headache last week. ðŸ˜•ðŸ˜† I am happy knowing the Mahabharata I know. And yeah, BRC' MB is superb but that was more like a description of events. This is all about interplay of emotions. As to how some events affected these people, and fiction or whatever. It's superb. 

I also loved the adjective vivacious. I was looking for this word, couldn't recollect. ðŸ˜³ðŸ˜‰ I think this is the first time i am watching a show with the female taking a lead in romance and it's amazing ðŸ˜†
Another thing I agree with is, yeah even i can physically feel Urvi falling in love. Tender and exquisite. Sadly I haven't watched the movie to understand the Darcy comparison. But I know he's like the idol of gentlemanly romance. 
Another two words I loved are mysterious and fascinating. I don't think she's in love yet. It's the novelty factor that engages her. He's got so much suspense and his underratedness makes her want more from him. His quiet arrogance and his silent but apparent disinterest in her (we know he's interested but she thinks he isn't) induces her further. 

Yeah ignore that, I always do! ðŸ˜† Karna's personal life isn't even a part of the OG epic so people can afford to fill in the gaps/take some creative liberties there! This show is literally based on a fanfiction, so what exactly were people expecting? ðŸ˜†

I really agree with you about the female lead doing the pursuing, this is the refreshing aspect of the romance! I love how Uruvi is so drawn to him, Karna's characterization in this show is such that it makes sense! I agree that she isn't in love yet, she is just dangerously interested in him! I think you mentioned this in another thread, Uruvi is habituated to get what she wants...not getting Karna's attention bothers her! I think she was so happy to see him last night that she forgot her general stance towards him! ðŸ˜† I like this buildup so far, mainly because Uruvi is so proactive and she is the one doing the "seducing" if you will!

Darcy...I made this comparison because there are levels to the portrayals of onscreen Darcy! Firth's Darcy was the most accurate one, the ideal blend of posh arrogance and control! MacFadyen's Darcy, however, reminds me a little of this Karna for some reason...this curious blend of vulnerability, control and awkwardness! 
inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
In her last two shows the female lead, played by Tejaswi, fell in love first. ðŸ˜†
The Mittals are also well known for this in a few of their shows. 

Today's episode also had a slightly dreamy, fairytale feel to it. I, for one, am quite liking the way it's being shot. Hope this will continue. 
Edited by inlieu - 5 years ago
gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Great analysis. Uruvi is certainly growing on me. She excelled in bringing out all the facets of her character ,a friend to Arjun who tells him to get the jewel the right way , a young woman who is feeling the first pangs of some strange attraction to a man and does not want to disclose it yet, a romantic who looks at the moon which is half wondering if the man she has challenged will bring her jewelry. A fun loving girl during the dance, personally did not like the dance looked little out of synch. And finally as an impish girl who loves to tease the man who is constantly on her thoughts.
The stoic hero a complete opposite to the full of life girl I like the contrast. Karna still righteous loved what he said that a woman has the right to choose much ahead of his time . The shy man who is a strong warrior but gets tongue tied when he meets the princess lovely and a different tale than the brash heroes that are portrayed.
This episode is sort of setting the stage for the beginning of a journey
Antara123 thumbnail
@TM, I made a post regarding Duryodhan in another thread about Duryodhan. If you are as interested in other characters as you are in Urvi and Karn, do take a look. XD I enjoy your analysis of the characters. Would love to hear your take on him as well. Also, I saw your comment on the previous page and I'll reply soon enough. ;))