Karn Uruvi OS : At First Blush...

Paradise_1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and though the show is just three episodes old I couldn't stop myself from writing this. One disclaimer before you read this. This piece has been inspired from the book "Karna's Wife : The Outcast Queen" by Kavita Kane. ( The same book that this show is inspired from). Read on to find out how this is...

...*...*...

...At First Blush...

The archery competition of Hasthinapur was in full swing. Her friend Arjun was clearly the winner here.The proud face of Guru Drona was enough to confirm that. Against the glowing halo of the dipping sun, he looked every bit the extraordinary man that he was. Uruvi was impressed. Her friend was absolutely correct when he had proclaimed proudly that morning that he would be the hero of the tournament. His absolutely awesome feats with the bow and the arrow had mesmerised everyone there; if the proud faces of Pitamah Bhishma, mata Kunti, Yudhisthir, Bhima, Nakul and Sahadev were anything to go by.

She was so busy admiring the qualities of her friend that she had missed his entrance. She noticed him only when he spoke, "That was surely remarkable."

She turned to follow the voice that was striding into the arena of the tournament. The handsome radiant face with head held high, the golden armour glinting against the light of the golden sun, the earrings sparkling as they caught the faint rays, he was every bit as exquisite as any male creature in this woruld can be.

He progressed in the arena until he was standing face to face with her best friend, Arjuna.

"I, Karna will perform every act that this young man has performed here but with greater prowess", he declared with a straight face and then proceded to do so with ease.

Uruvi went on to see him prove his words as he continued to perform feats with the bow and arrow but with greater mastery. Being the princess of Pukeya she had the opportunity to sit amongst the regal entourage of King Dhritarashtra and Queen Gandhari. From the royal enclave, situated majestically above the swarming crowd, she could feel herself getting hypnotized by the way the man who had declared himself as Karna just minutes before.

"Maa, who is he?", she asked Kunti as she felt her shiver a bit.

One look at her ashen face and Uruvi knew that everything wasn't right there.

"Maa, are you alright? Should I call vaid ki?", she asked.

"No, it's alright. I am fine. It is just that this competition is too much for these old bones", Kunti assured her smiling faintly.

"You sit here maa", holding the Pandava mother she proceeded to make her sit.

Gathering her silk saree and her confidence and elegance she went on to wet her parched lips, "I am fine. It is the heat. Now don't you worry about this old soul and watch the competition".

Making sure the mother was fine and properly taken care of, Uruvi peered down the gallery to watch the proceedings there.

The show which was to be the show of courage and skills between the Kauravas and the Pandavas quickly became the show of the handsome stranger called Karna. She looked at Arjun and found him looking stupefied and unhappy with the happenings. Duryodhan, on the other hand, looked on with a wide smile as Karna continued to show his skills and bow disdainfully everytime he repeated the feats of Arjun with greater elan.

As soon as Karna finished showcasing his skills, Uruvi found him engulfed within strong arms of Duryodhan.

"Whoever you are, God has sent you to me", He thumped Karna's back and declared with a gleaming smile.

The forceful removal of limelight from him was enough to make the third Pandava frown.

"Whoever you are, I believe that you know that you are an encroacher", he thundered.

" Can't face competition, can you? The great Arjun!", Karna said with a smirk, "You were always touted to be the best amongst all the Kuru princes but now the time has come for you to face some competition. So let us compete against each other to find out who the greater archer is. What do you say?"

"Oh! No.. no", Uruvi felt Kunti clench her fingers tightly as sudden panic became visible on her face, "don't let them fight against each other". Kunui was clearly agaitated and completely against the duel.

"Maa, what happened? It's fine if they fight against each other. Oh! I'm enjoying this competition now", Uruvi said in her excitement.

"No, they shouldn't fight. One of them can get hurt in this", it was Vidur this time.

The crowd looked on as the temperature seemed to rise uncomfortably until the royal priest Kripacharya intruded, "According to the rules, only a Kshatriya can challenge a Kshatriya. Arjun, whom you have challenged here is a Kshatriya, the third son of Pandu. Pray, disclose your identity, young man."

As soon as the words were out of the priest's mouth, Uruvi felt a sharp pain in the arms. Kunti in all her agitated glory had clutched her arm and in the process her nails had dug into Uruvi's arm.

The strangest part was that the stranger was silent. The head which was held high till then was bowed, as if in extreme shame.

The rescue, however, came soon.

"As everyone present here has seen that this young man here as clearly outmatched Arjun. If caste is the only hindrance in this competition, then I have the right solution. I declare Karna as the King of Anga". He then proceeded to complete the rituals.

"Now, I guess Arjun has no more qualms in this competition", Duryodhan thundered once he had finished the rituals.

Just as Arjun was about to reply, Uruvi heard the commotion at the entrance. Pushing the audiences gathered there to watch the show, an old man came inside only to advance towards the stranger and engulf him.

"My son, my son", he cried repeatedly and tears coursed down his wrinkled face.

To Uruvi's great surprise, Karna seemed to be taken aback for a moment, may be a bit ashamed, but then he broke the hug and bent down to touch the old man's feet.

Unbeknownst to her, a small smile gathered in her lips as Uruvi watched on. A sheer divine feeling coursed through her as she saw the open display of devotion.

The crowd gasped and the Pandavas jeered with insulting laughter before Bheem, the second Pandava mocked, "Oh! All these pride for this! You, the King of Anga is nothing but the son of our charioteer Adhiratha! Oh great indeed Go take up the whiplash and forget royal crown, you low birth".

Uruvi felt anger wash over her at this. Looking sideways at Kunti's white face she went on, " Maa this is wrong. Bheem should know how agonizing his words are."

Similar protest was heard from Duryodhan too. "Bheem, such mean words doesn't glorify you. I hope you know that. As for Karna's caste, I feel it is courage and valiance that define a Kshatriya and in those terms Karna is much more Kshatriya that any of us present here are. Open your eyes and look at his golden armour. Do you think an ordinary charioteer can be born with something like that? No. He is of royal birth of course. I feel he belongs to some celestial dynasty."

With these words he turned to Karna, "Come along with me, my friend. They say you are not fit to rule Anga but I say here that you, my friend, you have all the qualities to rule the world".

And with these final words, the eldest Kaurava took Karna by the arm and proceeded towards his chariot only to ride away into the dusk.

Uruvi looked on as the chariot drove away the stranger from her and the dust from the road gathered behind the chariot to hide him from her.

Uruvi heaved a sigh of relief and surmised the fact that she had fallen for the young man, who had called himself Karna, utterly and irrevocably.

...*...*...

I just couldn't stop myself from penning this piece. I guess Karna's character has enough charms to make me do something like this... Read and hit "like" button if you find this interesting πŸ˜‰.

With love,

Barnali

Edited by Pretty_me - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Beautiful one..😊,keep it up.. looking forward to many more from you 
mitras thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Amazing yaar loved it.  Waiting for the ones
..KarnaKriti.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Good one πŸ‘πŸΌ Got all your references from Karna's Wife : The Outcast Queen 
Keep writing more. I have added this one to the list of FFs in Karna/Aashim AT.  πŸ˜³
Edited by ..KarnaKriti.. - 5 years ago
Paradise_1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: riti4u

Beautiful one.. 😊,keep it up.. looking forward to many more from you 

Thank you😊
Paradise_1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -VintageLover-

Loved the OS  ❀️

Thanks😊
Paradise_1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mitras

Amazing yaar loved it.  Waiting for the ones

Thank you😊
Paradise_1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..KarnaKriti..

Good one  πŸ‘πŸΌ Got all your references from Karna's Wife : The Outcast Queen 

Yes😊
Keep writing more. I have added this one to the list of FFs in Karna/Aashim AT.  πŸ˜³

Thank you so much😊
TAMOGHNAD11 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome os! Please do write more!
Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Lovely OS<3 Keep it up⭐️