Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

adventurousman thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by: Crazy.Beautiful

I just want to give each woman a hug here.I don't want to say anything except just give all of you a hug .I just have tears at this point and it's gut wrenching to read all this .

Big big hug to all of you . 🤗

I want to say so much to all your ladies but I am just flowing with tears so I will stop .I have so many emotions running through my veins .

I will just add thankgod #me too movement is here .I am filled with joy that movement has empowered so many women to come forward and hope it is vigorously promoted everywhere .I hope all the predators ,rapists ,molesteors etc ..rot in hell and fall from the face of this earth .They just fall off .World will be better place without them .

I hope me too exposes more leeches one by one and continues to empower women.I hope this is the beginning of downfall of leeches one by one everywhere .there should be zero tolerance against these kind of loathsome human beings.

What about to me? No hugs for me? Why the discrimination. Sexual assault is sexual assault! or women get a free pass? Another guy I knew was molested by his own mother as a kid. There are many more but let it be.

Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Whispermist: I CANNOT AGREE MORE WITH YOUR LAST WORDS!!! MEN DISGUST ME TO THE VERY CORE OF MY BEING!

OT: Yep. A # Of tomes. You can't escape any of this when you live in Delhi. What's most disturbing in hindsight, is being 7-8 years old & being CAT CALLED BY GROWN MEN!!! W*F?!!??! Never have I been more disgusted & felt like throwing up. In metros, in public transport, once I was groped by a drunk man on a bike who blocked my path & wouldn't let me go & I was in such a freeze. Not going into details, but I felt so mortified & disgusted. I begun shivering & my friend tells me she's never heard me like that ever. The most disturbing thing also, is being shamed for it most by women!!! My own friend told me, "you aren't that desirable so why are you saying these sort of things.

Every single woman I know has been through this, and most are family members because the vile evil reality is that most predators stem from trust & no-one is more trustworthy than your own family.

What the heck?!?! It's better to not have such friends then! I'm so appalled! People you expect to be your support system dish out such shit to you...it's just disgusting to hear that. 
Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I won't go into any details but yes I have faced harassment too. 
And I'm truly sorry for everyone who have been through so many incidents and were brave enough to share their stories here. 

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail
Yes. Number of times. Almost all women go have gone through it at least once in their lives...my friends have, my cousins have, my colleagues have. There is something very wrong with how our society is built. It's disturbing. 
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Rhimjhimsawan

Oh such a necessary question. Almost all the girls I know have been sexually harassed in one way or another. I apologize if this makes anyone uncomfortable, about to get graphic here. 

Between age 8-10

my mom's uncle took me out one day. We were supposed to just drive around and grab some food and he would drop me home. Instead we went to his apartment and took a nap middle of the day. Under the covers he made me play with something which he told me was his finger. I had no idea what it was back then but I knew it was not his finger. Now I know it definitely was not his finger. He always tried to kiss me and shove his tongue into my mouth when no one was around. Supposedly that was the only way to show how much I loved him. And I did love him. He always got me everything I wanted when my parents ignored my whims. No one in my family knows other than my sister and I told her only in last few years. The man lives in a different country and I feel sick when I hear him talk to my mom about us. Some days I just want to tell her so I won't have to hear her talk about him, and remember what he did with me as a child. But he has a family now, a wife, two daughters. What would I even get out of doing this anymore? My mom would never forgive herself for trusting him and leaving me with him. 

One of my private Quran tutors constantly told me how I did not treat him well compared to his other students (kids I knew). He would constantly threaten me that he would tell all my friends I was rude and had behavior issues? What did he mean by this? Because I supposedly did not care for him the same way his other students did. How did he want me to care for him? He wanted me to kiss him on the lips. He would try in so many ways. He would tell me I would look prettier, my lips would look prettier if I did it. So the next day I stole my mom's lipstick and he said my lips weren't pretty, kissing would make it a different kind of pretty. I was never good with comebacks, I told him that's okay. He would ask me who was home at the time and when I told him my uncle and my maid he would tell me they are probably doing things in secret that we should also be doing. He used to say such dirty things to me. He would constantly try to convince me to let him "love" me, that I would like it. One day it was too much so I went to the other room and called my mom at work. I cried that I didn't want him but couldn't tell her why. My mom thought he was just being a strict teacher so she wanted to speak to him. Another day I started crying in front of him. I still remember this in details. I got up from my chair and sat on the floor burying my face on the sofa, too ashamed to cry in front of him or anyone else in the house. He let me cry and after few minutes he came over to hug me from behind, I felt him rubbing himself on me. This traumatized me and scarred me. From then on I was scared of any male tutors. I think my next tutor was a nice, decent man. But our knees kept touching under the table, like a simple brush here and there. I would get scared every time it happened. I couldn't trust it to be accidental. So I told my mom his knees touches mine and I don't like it. She changed my tutor. 

One day our driver dropped us from school. My best friend and I were right about to enter our apartment building when a group of teenager boys grabbed us. They picked us up and were laughing. We screamed and my friend's mom heard us. From that day on the driver was instructed to take us to our doors. 

In high school I really liked this boy. He was in college, he was good looking and I had just gotten out of a messy breakup. It was fun flirting with him and texting him all day. On our first date he wanted to show me all the things he wanted to do with me for so long. I kept telling him no, I am not ready, I don't want to... He didn't let it go though. "Come on, please..." So we did certain things, no not we. I let him do certain things while I stayed silent because I felt I would ruin things. I liked him first, I flirted with him first and now I am telling him I didn't want to do things with him. It was my fault. After that day I hated myself. I had never really hated myself before this. I liked boys so much before this day. After that day I was done with men. I ignored his texts, then I changed my number. I felt bad because it was my fault. I started it and now I was not being clear enough that I didn't want to see him again. I kept hoping he would get the hint. Months and months later he caught me at a museum I was volunteering at. He asked me why I was ignoring him. he asked me for my number and like a coward I gave it to him. He called me on the spot to make sure I didn't give him a wrong number. Then I went to the back and saw he was trying to take my picture from the window. He already told me once before that when we were friends he would pull up my picture and masturbate to it. I didn't care we were in public, and other volunteers were around, I ducked at that moment and didn't come out until he left.  

Those are my three big ones in life. This is not counting the men I have encountered in work. There was this one old guy who would rub my back the whole time he would talk to me. His hands going over my bra over and over again. There was another old man who would constantly take my hand and try to buy me lunch or offer to give me outrageous gifts. Then there are the regular "compliments". Some guys don't just compliment and walk away, they stick around and make things uncomfortable. I have a hard time telling men straight up I am not interested so I usually lie and tell them I am seeing someone. 

OMG...I can't believe that you as a young kid had to go through all this trauma...I hope some day those nasty men get exposed...🤢...so that they don't do this to another child ...and I hope they rot in hell🤢...
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: astha36

I am so sorry to read all these experiences. It is so unfair that women go through these experiences so often in life and there is no one I know, who has never had even a single such thing done to them. If nothing else, then they have at least been catcalled multiple times. I feel so helpless when my male friends, who are supposed to be progressive and modern, complain that women make such a big deal out of simple flirtations or staring. One guy used to insist everyday at lunch at work that the law which requires the police to arrest those who have been filed an FIR against, is so unfair and one-sided and women should have to prove the harassment cuz the onus is on the accuser and not the defendant. I don't know how to explain to them how it's like to be constantly conscious of yourself in public and scared that someone will accidentally touch you.

Personally, I've faced multiple experiences with varying degrees of gravity since when I was around 7-8 years old. I don't have the guts to go into details. I don't want to call myself a victim because I could've and should've raised my voice, even as a child. But somehow, even now, when something like this happens to me, I just try to leave that place or move my body away from that person. I have never been able to confront anyone but I hope I am in future. And I am so happy that women are brave enough to call these pathetic people out and get them punished. I support the #MeToo movement wholeheartedly.

So sorry to hear that Astha...but you were definitely a victim...a 100%...you were a kid and u didn't know any better...and even if grown ups can't raise voice against harassment they are still a victim...I don't blame the victims for being afraid to raise their voices...because as a society we have a lot of growing up to do...but hopefully one day... 
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Yes. Multiple times...leaving aside cases of eve teasing which is very common in India. Otherwise also I have faced from trusted people. Though fortunately when I pretended not to understand or was firm with them they all backed off and went of to being my 'uncle'. 
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sigh !!!
If any women say they didnt face any harrasment then it would be a lie..
I guess 99% of indian women have faced/facing this at least once in their life..be it in public transportation or while walking on roads or in school/college or from relatives...etc., have heard these cases many !

Sigh !!
AladdinKaChirag thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Yes i have. And most of the times it's some relative who is the culprit! I also faced groping in a public transport and became so numb to react and felt so angry on myself later on for not reacting. 
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Canterville.

Its like an everyday routine for a women to get harassed.

Once, I remember I was travelling in a train with my family. I was really young, I don't remember exactly but maybe between 10-12 years old. That was my first time travelling in a train. I was so excited because it was one of the things in my wish list at that time. This old men was sitting next to me and was roughly touching my foot with his foot. At first I didn't care about it much. But he did it continuously, and then tried to touch my hand. I didn't know what it was at that time. I never told anyone. At that time, I thought it was just an old man annoying me for some reason. There has been many more incidents but for some reason this one is something that reminds me how innocent and excited I was for that trip and now this is my memory from that train trip.

Then there was a guy I was dating, I still regret it. He is one of the guys who thinks that women are the one who are the reason of rapes and molestation. Men are superior and can do anything. He never forced me to do anything but his thinking was disgusting for other women. He would be ok with his friends having multiple GFs and some of them cheating on their wives. But whenever a women did the same, the issue will automatically become bigger. I'm not saying that a woman cheating on his husband is ok but I'm talking about unequal the end results are for women and men when both of them are unfaithful. Eventually we broke up.

Then I moved to Canada there weren't any harassment incidents with me and I used to feel really happy for being able to be free. But recently, I started seeing a guy. He is an international student here(Indian) and at first I thought he was nice unless he tried to rape me. It was our 2nd date. I managed to escape but after a week one of his friends started to harass me. Now I'm in a different city because of my work and college. And I don't want to return and see their faces again.

God this is horrifying to read. W*F. I am so happy to hear you escaped. Tc of yourself. Big hug.