Why didn't I feel bad for Nandini?

FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
In the Mahila Morcha incident, I didn't feel a thing for Nandini, mostly because at first I was confused as to why Nandini is smirking, I was wondering is she turning into a complete black character but a friend helped me understand it was not the character but actor, that was a turn off to be honest..

Let's look at the scene
1 Rajdeep paid women to humiliate Nandini - It was done by villain of the show to hurt the female lead, it was not done by society with the intention of realization, the intention was whitewashing Nandini, because the fact remains that Rajdeep did not lie everything he said about Nandini was true but because Rajdeep said it, it becomes a lie and that's the reason writer uses Rajdeep, he is a white paint for Nandini's character.

2 None in the society saw what happened - Mumbai is a place where none gives a damn about what you are doing, Nandini was humiliated in front of women who were paid to humiliate her, they don't care about Nandini, they want money that's it, so where exactly is the humiliation?

3 Nandini in trauma - I think the only way this could have effected her was mentally and she shivered for 15 minutes that's it, that's the end of all the hoopla, it takes me more time to come out of trauma of watching every episode (Sometimes I feel like a sadist)

4 Aftermath of the event - Nandini didn't even have to fight Rajdeep for divorce, Nandini's majnu gifted her freedom, it was that easy to get rid of Rajdeep, since Nandini is going to be a businesswoman and whitewashing process is complete they don't need him for a few years

It all comes down to what did Nandini lose?
Yes, she cried but the woman thrives on tears, that's her daily routine, shaking and crying is her USP
She gained her freedom, her love
Who's the loser here?
Again in all this the only loser is Mauli, sometimes I feel it's easy for Nandini, she isn't answerable to anyone, Mauli submitted divorce papers, she was obviously hurt but there was none to console her, Nandini got her freedom, Nandini does not have to live with a man who wronged her but Dida is forcing Mauli to stay with her Rajdeep. What I don't understand is that kunal spent 7 years with Mauli, I can understand he doesn't love her anymore but doesn't she deserve a little bit of decency from this man? He can free Nandini, he can say how his love is not wrong then why can't he tell HIS grandmother that it's not upto Mauli to give him a chance because HE does not love Mauli?

Why would I feel bad for Nandini when everything is being served in a platter to her from freedom to love? Where Mauli doesn't get an ounce of it?
Writer said that immorality won't be promoted and there will be consequences, what exactly did Mauli do to go through this pain? She just helped a snake and I understand she has to pay the price but still for how long?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

akashnanda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
So true..mauli lost everything n the makers expect we should sympathize nandini...
Angels11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Just a small correction. Nandini was not smirking. While opening the door she was expecting Kunal & hence she was smiling but the moment c saw it was Rajdeep & the women she got scared.

Wat i dont like bt tis whole Dida fiasco is not once did Dida talk 2 Kunal, check wat he wants. She forced Mauli 2 accept Kunal but y dint she force Kunal 2 apologize 2 Mauli. I am still waiting 4 an apology frm Kunal 2 Mauli but instead Majnu is happily romancing with Nandu 😡
SiddJ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I agree with each and every thing you have said..
Ppl please let mauli live..
Rithu0203 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
True.
Amidst these things, till y'day I was expecting Nandini to think a little bit for her friend Mauli. But, now no more hopes from her. She didn't value the friendship.
She didn't even realize what wrong she did even after all these happenings. 
Can understand in y'day's episode she was in panic attack, not in her senses to think about anyone else. 
But, when Kunal came with divorce papers signed by Rajdeep, initially she wants Kunal to leave with the reasons that those ppl will come again, she is dirty, Kunal is good human etc. But, not even once about Mauli or that he should be with Mauli. 
And when she was told that he will be with her, she accepted it without what will happen to his wife and his family.
Even before, she didn't have a bit of conscience about her actions, about her betrayal to her bff. Howcome, a person be this much selfish, blind or mad in love especially from a man?

And not only Rajdeep is used by writers to whitewash Nandini's actions, but Kunal also will be used.
Seems like Nandini will again be shown as a victim due to Kunal's cheating[by agreeing to dida's conditions]. Like yet another man cheated on her, atleast that time wish Nandini to introspect herself, what she is doing and see the reality.
kuchnaakahoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
She still acts coy while thinking Abt Kunal. Where has she shown any guilt. 
To think of it , she decides to leave everything and go away ONLY after the blackening of the face, If that TC article is anything to go by. Until then , she has always been just ...herself. Use kisi cheez se koi fark hi nahi padta. Not once has she tried to introspect Abt the aftermath and consequences of this affair , Abt Mauli's hurt, Kunal"s family , nothing zilch Nada.  Do anxiety patients behave like this ? Itna self centered ho jana ki aur kuch samajh aata hi nahi !!!!!

One grouse I have is that Kunal still haven't faced any repercussions as such.Even Dida is ready to forgive him. Are his actions not punishable. Y is he getting second chances? 
Edited by TheSmurfs - 5 years ago
JaZzs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
we know nandini did wrong but the motive of cvs is not to show it as wrong rather create sympathy for a homewrecker n backstabber and present ema as a divine thing then what is there to feel bad for her 
no karma will bite her coz she never intended to hurt mauli, just had affair with her husband n slept with him...only the self-centered mauli never understood her pure love...so now she will be blessed to be a successful business woman n destiny will unite her with her true love mauli's husband also...it has to be mauli who should suffer in a loveless marriage n be labeled as bad wife for justifying the divine couple kundini
Mishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Totally agree with all your points. Well explained 👏
Not sure about that smirking part, since I have  not watched the episode.
But I will not be surprised if I feel the same after I watch that scene.
Your statement that everything's served on a platter for N is just Apt .
Writers are making her the champion here 😡
For that matter, even K is let go...no punishment, no consequences for his act
M is the big loser in all this mess...😭

Honestly these two are just perfect for each other in terms of Selfishness / cheating & 
backstabbing. 

JaZzs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: TheSmurfs

One grouse I have is that Kunal still haven't faced any repercussions as such.Even Dida is ready to forgive him. Are his actions not punishable. Y is he getting second chances? 

I think they want to show it as, his biggest punishment is his separation from nandini n tolerate mauli for the sake of dida...they expect the viewers to take it as mahaan heroine sacrificing her love and hero staying with the vamp out of majboori...so after two years they can show how destiny unites them again, as if viewers would be waiting for it with a bated breath🤡
Edited by -JaZ- - 5 years ago
amortentia15 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FruitToasty

In the Mahila Morcha incident, I didn't feel a thing for Nandini, mostly because at first I was confused as to why Nandini is smirking, I was wondering is she turning into a complete black character but a friend helped me understand it was not the character but actor, that was a turn off to be honest..

Let's look at the scene
1 Rajdeep paid women to humiliate Nandini - It was done by villain of the show to hurt the female lead, it was not done by society with the intention of realization, the intention was whitewashing Nandini, because the fact remains that Rajdeep did not lie everything he said about Nandini was true but because Rajdeep said it, it becomes a lie and that's the reason writer uses Rajdeep, he is a white paint for Nandini's character.

2 None in the society saw what happened - Mumbai is a place where none gives a damn about what you are doing, Nandini was humiliated in front of women who were paid to humiliate her, they don't care about Nandini, they want money that's it, so where exactly is the humiliation?

3 Nandini in trauma - I think the only way this could have effected her was mentally and she shivered for 15 minutes that's it, that's the end of all the hoopla, it takes me more time to come out of trauma of watching every episode (Sometimes I feel like a sadist)

4 Aftermath of the event - Nandini didn't even have to fight Rajdeep for divorce, Nandini's majnu gifted her freedom, it was that easy to get rid of Rajdeep, since Nandini is going to be a businesswoman and whitewashing process is complete they don't need him for a few years

It all comes down to what did Nandini lose?
Yes, she cried but the woman thrives on tears, that's her daily routine, shaking and crying is her USP
She gained her freedom, her love
Who's the loser here?
Again in all this the only loser is Mauli, sometimes I feel it's easy for Nandini, she isn't answerable to anyone, Mauli submitted divorce papers, she was obviously hurt but there was none to console her, Nandini got her freedom, Nandini does not have to live with a man who wronged her but Dida is forcing Mauli to stay with her Rajdeep. What I don't understand is that kunal spent 7 years with Mauli, I can understand he doesn't love her anymore but doesn't she deserve a little bit of decency from this man? He can free Nandini, he can say how his love is not wrong then why can't he tell HIS grandmother that it's not upto Mauli to give him a chance because HE does not love Mauli?

Why would I feel bad for Nandini when everything is being served in a platter to her from freedom to love? Where Mauli doesn't get an ounce of it?
Writer said that immorality won't be promoted and there will be consequences, what exactly did Mauli do to go through this pain? She just helped a snake and I understand she has to pay the price but still for how long?

very well written I agree fully...
abominable people like kunaal and Nandini will have the last laugh and mauli will suffer...that is what will be shown...
and i domt understand this whole SBRK is a mature take on relationships...
A cheat is a cheat whether its the stone age or the 21st century...
Does a modern take on  relationships mean that a daughter in law has to take back a cheat of a husband because an ailing lady (mother in law of mother in law)🤔 is emotionally blackmailing her to do so...really?
Or does it mean that a homewrecker and a b***** are irersposible, insincere and cheats yet they are not dirty...they are a 100% filth...
I honestly cant stand Kunaal anywhere near Mauli...it gives me the creeps...he goes hugs, touches another woman and then comes back and is now playing ghar ghar in navratri celebrations with Mauli...