Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

SHIKAST - A Mauli story pt 2 pg 9 (12/01/19)

Sakura24 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi dear people on forum,
You don't know me, I'm a retired writer on IF  😆 But something about a certain character of this show (And a certain very talented aatma  called @Banjaran25) pulled me back to my old hunt. You can call me Sakura. 
So first things first this is going to be a story on Mauli. Why? Cause I think she is an awesome character with so many sides to explore. (If you think the same, welcome aboard!🤗)And I'm going to explore a few in this little fic. 

It might turn out to be a long SS or a short FF, depending on my mood, my schedule and your response. Especially your response!

Thirdly, it will feature Mauli but not her Husband And Best Friend. Beause honestly they get enough story without me writing It.

It will be Mauli's journey of rediscovering herself after she parts ways with Kunal. So it will have a plenty  of  Mauli and my own original characters. 

I'm not a fan who follows the show, so there Will be inconsistencies. 

If anyone of you are grammar nazies and punctuation lovers,  who wants to read this story with all those features I invite you to find me on Wattpad. I'll be posting the story there and I confess I'm too lazy to retype all the quotations and stuff IF keep deleting. 

That's all dears!  Sorry for the miles long A.N. but that's a must to keep things peaceful. 

Read on if you're still with me!

Edited by Sakura24 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sakura24 thumbnail

Shikast

To

undo;

to

disfigure;

to

destroy

...a bond

To

overcome or vanquish,

...a belief

To

render null and void,

...a promise

To

frustrate,

...a hope

To

deprive

...a dream

With a month remaining for the final decree of her divorce Dr. Mauli sets on a journey to rediscover herself. If she is to rise from ashes of a relationship that burned her belief in love to the ground she must find answers to questions left behind by the abrupt end of her fairy tale.

In a war torn country where there's a bullet's difference between life and death she finds herself tucked into the pits of evil and folds of humanity. What begins as a month of voluntary work, a mere illusion of distraction might end altering the path of her life forever.

And amidst it all is a man who intrigues her. Only time will tell if she would dare to tread the waters where she drowned once and dive deep enough to find a love that lasts.

Perhaps a defeat is only a learning, a step before the happy ending.

____

INDEX
zero - post below
Chapter 1 page 5
Chapter 2 - page 9

Sakura24 thumbnail

ZERO

I won't be there for you to return to...

A month until the trial or 30 days of trial?

A month until she saw him again or 30 days of reminding herself that she will not see him ever again?

Mauli shook her head, bringing herself back to the mundane present where the sharp corner of her passport cover bit into her palm and the queue at the airport continued its way towards the counters.

Whatever they will turn out to be, 30 days were all that she had to rediscover herself; for she would loath it, absolutely abhor it if she had to face Kunal Malhotra as Mauli Malhotra once more.  

Mauli Malhotra was dead, buried by the hands of her loved ones while her heart was still beating, withering in raw agony. While she was still trying to come in terms of how this betrayal came about. Where she went wrong?

In her place was born a monster that had no big heart that could forgive and forget. She refused to forgive the man who strayed from his path, refused to forget the moment when she saw another in his arms. She also refused to move on or acknowledge the hurt he had caused her. The right to work for his dream had suddenly been snatched from her and it was then she realized that she had no dreams of her own?

Her life split in two eras before and after Kunal were separated by a chasm so deep that she could hardly recall what Mauli used to be. Perhaps that was where she went wrong, in the night that she spent crying in the darkness a puffy eyed Mauli had decided. So she set out, as soon as the fate set its course to find herself once more.

There were only a couple of people in front of her now. An obese woman with purple highlights munching and blowing out a pink bubblegum and a bony man with an electric blue guitar wearing headphones. It was then she heard her voice.

"Mauli!

Instantly in an unconscious reflex she turned around and wished she had not. Nandani stood there, her lower lip already trembling. Even after repeating the same thing again and again for weeks no less, it seemed she had not yet understood. Mauli remembered their last conversation too well to doubt where this possible dialogue would lead.

"You can't run away from your problems you have to face them!

Mauli sighed. So says the friend who wants to reunite her with her husband. Mauli recalled holding her gaze in silence until she had blinked and dropped her gaze. The sheen of tears in her big eyes would have made her die of guilt but the monster nudging in her mind kept her sane.

"Why? She questioned back. "Why should I play a part in your redemption? Why should I put myself through pain so that you can relieve your guilt?

The pause that followed was enough for her to walk away, but she called after her voice cracking.

"But I heard it's dangerous where you're going. There's there's a war going on!

Her lips curled in a bitter smile. Was there a place in this world where there was peace? Was not there a war being waged in her heart at the moment? Was she not the woman who brought a battle of heart and soul, morals and emotions to her doorstep? Could there be anything possibly more dangerous than right here with her?

"Is revenge worth dying for? She called after still and Mauli finally stopped. It was now that she understood where Nandani was coming from. Well, given her view point perhaps she could not imagine another scenario. She thought Mauli would die without Kunal? Her ex best friend thought of her like that?

"I'm not going there to kill myself. She said curtly, her tone clipped. "I don't believe a woman needs a man to live. At least I don't.

Sakura24 thumbnail
||Author's Hub||
(Where I give explanations, disclaimers and information. )

Zero

This chapter is dedicated to Nimmy (Banjaran25) who introduced me to Dr. Mauli. 

You might have noticed all the creations are snow white themed. Let me tell you why. There is a significant similarity between Mauli and the fairy tale character. Snow white was led to the woods and left there because she trusted the huntsman. Snow white was poisoned because she trusted the farmlady ( the step mum in disguise) and took a bite of the Apple.
It is trust that led her to her doom. Rest I leave for your imagination. 

The creations were made by my good friend with magical hands Lucky. Who comes to my aid when ever and where ever! She is my wonderful cover artist and I'm indebted to her. 

The shayari was picked up from internet and does not belong to me. 

ONE
The story is set in a country which is fictitious. At one point it may resemble one country and at some other point another with history of war and violence. I'm trying to keep medical jargon at a minimum because obviously not all who are in to ffs appreciate complex ones at that. So I'll keep things as much simple as possible.
There will be violent themes involved. Nothing too gore because I hate that kind of stuff. But to be on the safe side I'm making chapters here after members only so that kids who are under 13 (I hope they don't lie and make accounts) won't be a part of my reading population. 
Aatish has a very good explanation for what he is. Just give him time to share his story with you ;-)

Famishah thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
can't wait to read first update. i keep coming back to forum just to check if someone has posted another fanfiction on mauli and finally i got it! 
Sakura24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Famishah

can't wait to read first update. i keep coming back to forum just to check if someone has posted another fanfiction on mauli and finally i got it! 

it's done! you can read it now. 
Famishah thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
zero post or should i say first chapter is absolutely brilliant. so here nandani is feeling guilty and trying to redeem herself, this was n't what i excepted but i enjoyed this tuurn of events. so mauli is going to war zone... 
amortentia15 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hiii Sakura...
Thank you for yet another story on Mauli, the beam of light in the lives of people she called her own...
You are here on the insistence of Nimmi banjaaran,aah she is one of the sweetest and one of the most gifted writers of the forum...
Now coming to your story...
I absolutely love it!!! It's everything that I want our Mauli to be...
She has always been fiesty that's her intrinsic trait and she will remain so...
Zero the first chapter...what can i say...i literally saw the scenes unfolding in front of me...
Looking forward to reading a lot more from you...its truly a delight to have writers like you on the forum...
A fab story and you are a fab writer...
Sorry for the long post... 😆
Also I'd want to follow you on wattpad because i completely agree with the points you've made regarding posting stuff here...
Juhi
Edited by amortentia15 - 5 years ago
Sakura24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Famishah

zero post or should i say first chapter is absolutely brilliant. so here nandani is feeling guilty and trying to redeem herself, this was n't what i excepted but i enjoyed this tuurn of events. so mauli is going to war zone... 

From what I understood of N she has a flawed opinion on right and wrong. And from the spoilers that I came across or the scraps of conversation I caught on Twitter I felt she might feel guilty and try to reunite the couple but as I have tried to highlight this is not N doing charity but N trying to ease her own burden, the guilt that she caused their seperation. 
And Mauli at least my version is not willing to give her closure or extend that comfort to her on her own expense. You might call it her way of retribution. That's why I called her the new little monster. 
Thank you so much for your response! I always cherish the first ever comment on any of my stories. For Shikast you have grabbed that special place in my heart. I hope we will have more conversations in future and that you will read on!

Cheers!
Sakura 
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Absolutely loved it. Earned a follower with the story. Will. Wait for the next.