Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prettywomaniya thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
copied from some earlier post of mine..

i do not see nandini suffering from any mental illness or depression.. because what creatives have shown is sadness not depression or mental illness.. in real world there are people who love wearing trendy clothes, getting clicked, getting attention from people, smiling, travelling, eating out with friends , they party they go for movies but deep down are very depressed.. in a world of social media we often get wrong hints about somebody else's life.. we think everybody else is happier than us. but that's not the case. people can easily hide their depression or sadness behind makeup, clothes and fake pictures. but in television world , we viewers takes things as they are shown, we dont assume things. indian tv shows are famous for their exaggeration of things and i am sure if they wanted to show nandini in a depressed or mentally ill state they would have shown her doing certain actions which can justify her depression state. (eg- maya in beyhad). 

for me the right word for her state is DELUSION.. and that too delusional about her future with kunal , this word can not even justify her INDIFFERENT behaviour towards mauli.. she is not giving a damn about it.. like how can she could never thought of her friend for once.. 

she may be suffering from depression only in our heads  but it is not shown in the show.. i wish they could have shown her extremely distorted, not like to dress up generally after getting rid of rajdeep, i wanted a weak body language, giving up on life or on daily activities. as in a bit indication that she is not normal.. depression is often confused with sadness.. which is really wrong.. depression has many levels.. not every sad person is depressed.. lethargy and no active participation or interest in daily chores is a symptom of severe depression..

makers are being extremely stupid here for not using various possibilities and reasons for nandini's state and actions.. she could have been depressed, selfish, grey, bitter, unethusiastic, lost and what not.. but what they have made her is a blend of bechari and selfishness.. these two things do not mix up together.. if they can exaggerate this love saga with kunal and nandini running like mads for each other , with sufi music playing in background, holy mantra chanting then why not a little bit hint of nandini's depressed state.. 

in real scenario a girl like nandini would be lost, weak, lethargic or unenthusiastic and somewhat bitter, but they havent shown such nandini.. in that case she might have gained viewers' empathy , if not approval or justification for their EMA.
obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: arshi_asya

Doesn't make sense. There are so many male activists working for abused women, they don't fall in love with woman while saving them. That's not any law of nature. So many psychiatrists and peope who deal with troubled people. They don't fall for anyone just like that while saving them since there is symathy and kindness not any sort of romantic feelings. 

For a woman who has been abused by a man for years, a man is a last thing any abused woman wants. Most woman are simply too afraid and scared of any new relationship for a really long time. They may adore kindness and gain confidence but just don't get into any relationship so fast or agree to have sex since sexual abuse is traumatic. 

PTSD is such a loosely used word here when in reality it's effects are huge. Makers had a chance to show PTSD earlier and now they have crossed that stage long back and there is no going back from here. 

As for the suppprt, she was getting all support that was necessary at that stage. When your belief in marriage has been so shake , how can a victim get over it so fast. 

It's all superficial and so is Abhinav's statement. Reality is very different.

I never said i agree with abhinav statement .I don't agree with it too.But to be true i hv seen married psychiaterists falling in love with patients and married social worker too falling for victim lol being in medical field i hv seen may kind of ppl but then that is different thing in real life ppl don't  interfere in such matters.But that doesn't mean i support them or going to justify them .In my eyes person who cheats is wrong your mental condition doesn't justify your wrong doings.
Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: TheMockingBird

Agree poor writing and execution.She would hv despised even if she was shown with PTSD becoz our audience are not mature enough to understand PTSD .They only like either pure white or pure black.

i respectfully disagree MB. the bold bit.
Maya of beyhad became legendary. and she was layered, grey and black.
there are many grey characters who were loved for the way they were presented on screen.

to think of it.. Gabbar is the best loved character more than say a thakur; jay or veeru of Sholay movie😆. and not because he was black. coz he was epic.

A well written; well enacted; well presented character will be accepted by  (not entire junta maybe) the audience regardless of the characters being white or black.

Originally posted by: Anahi

copied from some earlier post of mine..

i do not see nandini suffering from any mental illness or depression.. because what creatives have shown is sadness not depression or mental illness.. in real world there are people who love wearing trendy clothes, getting clicked, getting attention from people, smiling, travelling, eating out with friends , they party they go for movies but deep down are very depressed.. in a world of social media we often get wrong hints about somebody else's life.. we think everybody else is happier than us. but that's not the case. people can easily hide their depression or sadness behind makeup, clothes and fake pictures. but in television world , we viewers takes things as they are shown, we dont assume things. indian tv shows are famous for their exaggeration of things and i am sure if they wanted to show nandini in a depressed or mentally ill state they would have shown her doing certain actions which can justify her depression state. (eg- maya in beyhad). 

for me the right word for her state is DELUSION.. and that too delusional about her future with kunal , this word can not even justify her INDIFFERENT behaviour towards mauli.. she is not giving a damn about it.. like how can she could never thought of her friend for once.. 

she may be suffering from depression only in our heads  but it is not shown in the show.. i wish they could have shown her extremely distorted, not like to dress up generally after getting rid of rajdeep, i wanted a weak body language, giving up on life or on daily activities. as in a bit indication that she is not normal.. depression is often confused with sadness.. which is really wrong.. depression has many levels.. not every sad person is depressed.. lethargy and no active participation or interest in daily chores is a symptom of severe depression..

makers are being extremely stupid here for not using various possibilities and reasons for nandini's state and actions.. she could have been depressed, selfish, grey, bitter, unethusiastic, lost and what not.. but what they have made her is a blend of bechari and selfishness.. these two things do not mix up together.. if they can exaggerate this love saga with kunal and nandini running like mads for each other , with sufi music playing in background, holy mantra chanting then why not a little bit hint of nandini's depressed state.. 

in real scenario a girl like nandini would be lost, weak, lethargic or unenthusiastic and somewhat bitter, I but they havent shown such nandini.. in that case she might have gained viewers' empathy , if not approval or justification for their EMA.

i agree with your all points but i don't agree that person can't be blend of selfishness and bechari mode.I know ppl who think they are bechare and behaves like bechare too but in reality they are selfish to core and pretends to be victim.But they themself don't know about this nature .They are in own delusion .
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: TheMockingBird

I never said i agree with abhinav statement .I don't agree with it too.But to be true i hv seen married psychiaterists falling in love with patients and married social worker too falling for victim lol being in medical field i hv seen may kind of ppl but then that is different thing in real life ppl don't  interfere in such matters.But that doesn't mean i support them or going to justify them .In my eyes person who cheats is wrong your mental condition doesn't justify your wrong doings.

I am not saying you agree to it dear. I am just talking about flaws in actor's statement. I think actors should be careful when using certain words since their use is highly subjective to a situation and may turn out to be controversial. 

I believe world is a strange place with strange people doing strange things for strange reasons. We can figure out some but can't figure out others. It's all grey, 50 shades of grey.  😆

And yeah,  glad I am your fav person. Even I have found out sensible people in the forum worth talking to, including you. ðŸ˜Š
Edited by arshi_asya - 5 years ago
prettywomaniya thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@TheMockingBird  ohhh yeah u are so right about that blend thing.. people can be selfish and yet innocent in their head.. delusional is the right word for them.. totally agree.. a good point i must say.. slipped out of my mind.. 
will edit that part if again i have to copy paste this reply to some other post.. ðŸ˜›

i respectfully disagree MB. the bold bit.
Maya of beyhad became legendary. and she was layered, grey and black.
there are many grey characters who were loved for the way they were presented on screen.

to think of it.. Gabbar is the best loved character more than say a thakur; jay or veeru of Sholay movie 😆. and not because he was black. coz he was epic.

A well written; well enacted; well presented character will be accepted by  (not entire junta maybe) the audience regardless of the characters being white or black.

Maya never brought trps for beyhadh although it was sony show but many shows like badhe aache have brought trps for sony also and kbc also. and here i m talking about trp janta .I use to love maya but my mom and aunties use to hate her and they used to despise her.So you see our indian audience still not ready for grey characters.They only understand black and white .Gabbar was pure negetive and his dialogues was epic so character became famous.
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Indian serials very rarely touch on mental health issues or disorder, and when they do it is horribly and inaccurately portrayed.

sorry for cutting in 😳.. if this is the reason Kunal fell in love with Nandini how is he different from Rajdeep barring the vileness and abuse part?
he too is an insecure man who needed a weak dependent girl to make him feel like her savior and a man.
True men; truly secure strong men will be on equal footing with a strong wonderful woman such as Mauli and stand with her and by her without feeling the need of wanting to be a man. He knows her worth and his own worth.

and yes.. domestic abuse and what Nandini went through courtesy Rajdeep is worse. worst actually.
but what Mauli going through thanks to both Kunal and Nandini is abuse of her trust; her confidence; her worth; her feelings; her entire being.
should Nandini and Kunal be getting free passes coz of N's abuse and K's 'law of nature' for her?
nothing justifies abuse. agreed.
nothing can justify K and N's deeds too.

so yeah. i guess i am disagreeing with the fan. strongly!😊

This reply is not by me actor Abhinav Shukla who is playing Rajdeep in show liked some fan comment. i just quoted it from his insta..Although i don't agree with his statement as it shallow for me.I can't support kunan whatever actors or writers say. Edited by TheMockingBird - 5 years ago
FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Abhinav just liked the comment, he didn't write it
Previous
1 2 3 4
Next