Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

Trying to understand Kunal and Nandini

shubh20 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Not sure how to start and how to end ..it's been long since I have written ..so kindly bear with me..
Having started to follow the show without much expectations, now after seeing audiences reactions from all over, I just wanted to share my two cents about the show..
First of all it's very nice to see people being clear about what is right and what is wrong (after getting to read so much of hatred filled and bashing comments everywhere)..So I don't think a show showcasing EMA can ever influence them since they are so clear in their opinions. But if the society is filled with only these people who seem to have high moral standards then I am sure our country won't be facing so much of Sh** that we keep hearing every now and then..There are people who keep indulging in all sorts of anti social and nasty activities and one such thing could be an EMA as well.. Media influence people and vice versa.. We can say that Tv shows/movies impact one's life with its content in a good or bad way.. in another angle, we can say that TV shows/movies somewhere take inspiration from real issues and depict them onscreen... So in case of silsila, it can be both ways..it has taken one relevant topic of today.. an EMA, which might not have taken place in ours or our dear ones' house but is happening in other houses.. So the way they are dealing with this issue is pretty different..

As a person who feels disgusted on even hearing such things, I had reservations before starting to watch the show..But it wasn't a planned one..it just started as a time pass, (since it comes after bepannaah..coincidentally, which too had a similar track).. Seeing Rajdeep made me scared with the very idea of getting married to a wrong person without knowing his real character..Seeing nandini made me feel that, one's life or ambitions should not get spoilt for the very reason of being unable to stand up for yourself against the atrocities being done to you.. Seeing mauli and kunal made me feel that, there should be understanding and adjustments to balance your professional and personal lives..But we all know that these all will change after a point of time..
Unfortunately life is also like that, "what's next?" we never know..So it got kinda interesting for me to see how things will turn ...

When the whole Jazbaat thing started, I somehow could not hate these two, even though they deserved that..probably I got mentally prepared for the concept.. The first thing is, the writing and execution could have been far far better in handling kunal and nandini's love story.. It should have been matured instead of a teenager kind of love so that these two would not have been put in such a bad light or would not have faced such a backlash which they are receiving today(some comments are so bad that, people have gone highly personal with their comments)  ..They say "feelings aren't right or wrong..feelings are just feelings"..so such a sensitive topic should have been executed with even more care so that people can understand kunal and nandini's point of view..

But still, when people started watching the show, they very well knew what they are gonna be shown.. ok, you waited to see how the execution is..you kept watching ...and you are definitely not liking how things are shaping up...so it is better to stop watching right?? when people stop watching, then a show has to ultimately shut it's shop..that is the best option available ..isn't is ?? Now a days it seems like people are watching the show just to bash it left right center...and it is increasing day by day..why to waste so much of energy in a show which you are not liking?? I just want to say one more thing..Every other show running on TV right now, is directly or indirectly showing this "pati, patni aur woh, gharwali baharwali" kind of concept when their main theme is different..It is...I don't wanna pick any show's name right now as it could hurt the sentiments of the shows' fans..Just because silsila has been vocal about its concept, I don't think this show deserves that much of bashing or negativity.. It is not at all about justifying or not justifying the concept..I am just coming to the bashing thing that is going on..People are definitely entitled to their opinions on watching a show..But I felt for this show, the scenario is like... "come on let's bash ..four people are writing something negative, let us join them too".. This show is not for kids..definitely not...We adults I think are mature enough to decide what is good for us and what is not.. I am repeating again.. EMAs should never be encouraged..that is why we are shown mauli firing kunal with her right questions, his mom blasting him and sending him out of the house and probably other things will continue..

Ok coming to the story..I don't know how people are comparing Rajdeep and kunal..these two are two opposite persons.. Just because Rajdeep is doing his disgusting acts in front of everyone, would it make him good?? He is a cheap husband who asks his wife to go and impress his prospective clients, beat her, slap her, compel her to wear short dresses and dance and much more which I am not writing..Kunal on the other hand is basically a good person..again the writing went awfully wrong which spoilt the entire characterisation of kunal and nandini and ultimately instilled audiences anger when their relationship started (the reaction is completely justified..I am not denying ..again)... otherwise, if we actually see, kunal is supposed to be a good person..he supports his wife, does things for her happiness, understands her.. Rajdeep had some good dialogues when he confronted Nandini post the revelation of the EMA...But one dialogue of his which cracked me up was "kya tha uss kunal mein jo mujh mein nahi?".. like seriously?? These two are not to be compared when it comes to the characteristics.. I can completely understand and agree when mauli asked the same thing to kunal...it is her right and she is good inside out and deserved to know the reason for what kunal did to her ..but rajdeep asking nandini?? he should go and get a life..

See a person who is so happy with his wife, falls for someone else..that is the story of silsila..People are questioning the reason for kunal falling for nandini (I am talking about nandini's rain dance)..even I am not clear..but as they say in films and daily soaps..pyaar poochke nahi aata..bas ho jata hai (sorry I have no idea about falling in love..).. So there should be some starting point for anything and everything.. in kunal's case it seems that there was a sudden pang of attraction once he saw her dancing..who knows..you never know what makes a person like another person, it some where probably starts as an attraction, which intensifies with time and then culminates as love..(I am just trying to decipher kunal and nandini..not concluding).. So as mauli rightly asked, it is kunal who should answer what exactly made him fall for nandini.. Nandini alone is not to be blamed..because I strongly feel, like how mauli said "this is not me..yeh mauli nahi hai..mujhe nandini jaise banna bhi nahi hai".. So the same applies for nandini as well right?? she never tried to be like someone else..nandini was being nandini...making kheer, dancing,shivering, vibrating, crying or being timid..or whatever it is..that is nandini ...that is how she is..she never tried anything to make anyone fall for her..it is kunal who fell for her so he knows the answer better..Let us view kunal and nandini as different human beings.. kunal and nandini are not you or me or people whom we probably know..they are two different persons..their reason for falling in love could be anything which might totally seem stupid in our POVs.. So even I was curious to hear kunal answering something for mauli's questions..Nandini on the other hand..I could understand why she fell for kunal.. being with a beast like rajdeep and finding someone like kunal who does so much for you, you tend to get attracted to that person.. So I am sure, nandini can give strong reason for falling for kunal.. when she said "hum dosti aur pyaar dono ke bina nahi reh sakte" people bashed that too..But why?? once you fall in love you cut your friendship?? I am not clear about that.. I don't have any problem with that dialogue per se..but people are probably angry with the fact that, in nandini's case, that "pyaar" unfortunately turned out to be her "dost"'s husband, which made it sound all the more worst..
ok..So they finally accept their feelings, confess their love..ok hogaya hai..but after that, what ever was shown made the show all the more anger instigating.. they totally turned nandini to someone who is blind and deaf to Mauli's feelings.. kunal and nandini not showing any guilt or not thinking about confessing to mauli was really surprising and disturbing...especially someone like nandini who is subdued, shocked me when she showed no guilt after "her act" with kunal..Writers damaged their very own creation..and that's saddening..
Now I am curious to know how things will further shape up..People are saying mauli should not accept kunal nor should he be with nandini..yes..kunal and nandini should strain every nerve of theirs to seek forgiveness from mauli who was so nice to them...but I feel, if kunal is sincerely in love with nandini, then I think showing him trying to get back to mauli will make things even more yucky for me as it would further more damage his character..because it would then mean that, he was just fooling around with nandini using mauli's absence and nothing more ! Atleast if he decides to not get back with mauli (whether or not he decides to be with nandini) I can understand that, he does not want to spoil her life even more by being in a relationship when there is nothing left...

Waiting to see the upcoming story line... phew...sorry guys..the post went really long...
Edited by shubh20 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
What I don't get is, how is Kunal actually seriously in love with Nandini and out of love with Mauli? And how does what he have with Nandini actually prove to be love, considering that he's only known Nandini for a couple of days, whereas he has known and loved Mauli for years, then within a mere few days of knowing Nandini he starts showing attraction to her, starts ignoring Mauli, confesses love to Nandini then sleeps with her? All in a few days. This is love? Does this prove he is actually out of love with Mauli, or he is actually just so strongly infatuated by Nandini to the point he feels he no longer loves Mauli, but loves Nandini now? To me it looks more like Kunal is in that honeymoon phase where his new feelings for Nandini are so strong that he feels his feelings for Mauli are actually over/ a thing of the past. In actual, he's so strongly infatuated with Nandini right now, that his love for Mauli has actually took a backseat but not actually finished. And I have a feeling that further into the story he will realise this and will clearly be able to differentiate between what his feelings for Nandini are compared to Mauli.
Kashishangel thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Readingg a very sensible post after vry vry long tym... 👏
Kashishangel thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I guess cvs hv missed mny details showing in the serial lyk kunal falling out of love with maulii,, thn showing exact things y did he fell for nandini.. they jus rushed bcoz they wanted to strt the actual theme of the serial that is extra marital affair.. lets wait n watch hw the story goes on now
shubh20 thumbnail
Originally posted by: sammy17

What I don't get is, how is Kunal actually seriously in love with Nandini and out of love with Mauli? And how does what he have with Nandini actually prove to be love, considering that he's only known Nandini for a couple of days, whereas he has known and loved Mauli for years, then within a mere few days of knowing Nandini he starts showing attraction to her, starts ignoring Mauli, confesses love to Nandini then sleeps with her? All in a few days. This is love? Does this prove he is actually out of love with Mauli, or he is actually just so strongly infatuated by Nandini to the point he feels he no longer loves Mauli, but loves Nandini now? To me it looks more like Kunal is in that honeymoon phase where his new feelings for Nandini are so strong that he feels his feelings for Mauli are actually over/ a thing of the past. In actual, he's so strongly infatuated with Nandini right now, that his love for Mauli has actually took a backseat but not actually finished. And I have a feeling that further into the story he will realise this and will clearly be able to differentiate between what his feelings for Nandini are compared to Mauli.

I know right ! That's why I am saying the writing is flawed ! I don't know what the writers exactly conceptualised when they decided to go ahead with this show ..there should have been more detailing.. Even I keep feeling that Kunal might anytime take a U turn and go back to mauli leaving nandini..it all depends on audiences reaction and TRPs.. and above everything, it is a daily soap..anything can happen..
shubh20 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kashishangel

Readingg a very sensible post after vry vry long tym... 👏

oh ! Thanks a lot !! 😊
shubh20 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kashishangel

I guess cvs hv missed mny details showing in the serial lyk kunal falling out of love with maulii,, thn showing exact things y did he fell for nandini.. they jus rushed bcoz they wanted to strt the actual theme of the serial that is extra marital affair.. lets wait n watch hw the story goes on now

True !! what is the need to go in jet speed is not known..probably as your rightly said, they wanted to go into the topic straight away without much delay..which in one way I appreciate...because you lose interest after a point of time when things get dragged.. I am curious as well..to know what is in store for us now.. Edited by shubh20 - 5 years ago
No offense, but I think you will probably need to stop making posts understanding Nandini, else you will also be called dd fan who's justifying Nandini because you are a fan of DD apparently. You see you've no right to make post on grey/negative character to understand the character. Else you are just blind fan of the actor.
Y12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
N is pathetic who needs man man . I like M breakdown scene when he stopped k from holding her bc she doesn't need man validation.
Looks like R knows N true colors. How? How so sure? 
Why does it seem like N was just showing herself to be the victim even with R when most probably it could be she wasn't. But its hard to stage those rape scenes and all so maybe pov is farfetched
sherma thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: _Darling_

No offense, but I think you will probably need to stop making posts understanding Nandini, else you will also be called dd fan who's justifying Nandini because you are a fan of DD apparently. You see you've no right to make post on grey/negative character to understand the character. Else you are just blind fan of the actor.

honestly nandini n kunal chrctee can't b understood only cause of poor charcterisation. So people like me who were not fan of either of them find it difficult to digest .the makers totally dependent on dhrashgi n shakti fan base thought it might work. As u seemany actrs fans also against the charcters.if God forbid  any 1 u close n r idol match have n ema will u try to understand.