stop comparing her to Drashti

Posted: 5 years ago
Drasti AT is also openπŸ˜†
Go dhindhora pitne waha if u like her so much

Yep time for me to some ignore hardcore DD fans.  πŸ˜³

Edited by SovereignFever - 5 years ago
Originally posted by SovereignFever

Yep I agree! She got boring really fast after Madhubala imo.  Drasti is an overrated actor.

I love fresh faces like Aditi Sharma as Mauli and hope to see more of her! Her acting is very interesting, promising and diverse.

Aditi Has been in the industry since long time I think. I remember watching her in the star plus womanhood anthem and really liking her.She potrayed the various sides of women sowella therea
Originally posted by WaveTeal

This is gonna be probably closed soon but I have few things in my mind. Since the whole post is based on comparison so my points would base the same and I am only going to give examples of the shows which I have seen.

To start with I confess that am a little confused. You want to see Drashti acting as who? Should she cry/shiver/vibrate like herself or anyone else(JW, DT, JR pick any)?? She is Drashti Dhami so she would appear the same wouldn't she??

Just as much I dislike blind fandom the same is with blind hatred too. Every actor has their strong and weak zones. As much as I disagree that Drashti might be the bestest actress with no short-coming, I would also disagree with this post which is spreading random hatred towards her! 

Bold red - I would have to politely disagree with you or suppose you have not seen Geet Hui Sabse Parayi. Or if you have seen it then let me refresh your memory a bit. 

That was her second show but first show as a main lead. She nailed her character as the relatable - full of life Geet and would remain as Geet for me and many like me, forever and always. Because she was that good. Hell she was freaking awesome carrying the whole show on her name. No prior strong fanbase, nothing still marked a place in the audience's heart!! 

Expressions - You need to understand when someone cries/ shivers/ smiles they have their own way doing it. Like you can't cry like Drashti or She can't cry like you. Yes, one can mimic other but that would never be authentic. My point of stating this is that each individual has their own ways of expressing/ emoting. 

When there is a show being made a lot of things are involved starting from the cast to the script. If the script is dull if a veteran actress also comes they can't lift the show up. 

Coming back to Ghsp - Drashti was phenomenal. I loved each and every frame of Geet. She was nowhere a shivering woman or a scared deer. She was a sober punjabi kudi who emerges into an independent strong woman and single handed tackled the Fierce character of Maan Singh Khurana (The inception of those angry young men in tv lol).

In this particular show of hers DD rocked as an actress and it's not because that was on her comfort level rather it was because of the good script and good direction. Not only that even till this day GHSP is considered to be one of the epic shows of indian telly which gave inspiration to many other shows.

In this scene below, Geet has lost her child, her expression seems remotely close to shivering to you?? And the impact of this scene is outstanding. Still this day, this whole episode leaves me numb due to the powerful performance of the leads. 

Here she has seen the worst accident of her husband, do you see her shivering?? Or anyhow similar to Nandini?? 
She seems devastated with natural makeup, swollen eyes, crying whereas smiles the next moment when her husband is trying to gather her strength! 

Coming to the next GIF. 

(I had to tone down the quality for obvious reasons)
Don't get confused, it is not from Silsila πŸ˜† But yes same Drashti and Abhinav!! This is a scene of confrontation where Geet was betrayed by Dev! You see any shivering, mumbling dialogues??

These examples are merely nothing in truth as there are plenty,pages would end. Geet is absolutely different than Nandini! 

So yes I find it offensive when someone without having a single clue just pass their judgmental generalizing statement such as the bold line I have underlined...🀒

Coming to DMG - That was an extremely contrary character if you are comparing it with Silsila's Nandini. 
Muskan is a vivacious bubbly happy go lucky girl. On the other hand Nandini is a reserved character which is everything opposite to Muskaan. So why should one even compare or give example?? For obvious reasons DMG would be different. πŸ˜†

Silsila/Nandini and Cvs - If you want to blame then blame the Creatives. 
What is there to play within the shades of such a poorly written character as Nandini?? 
I am a throughout supporter of Mauli and have been asking to Kunan fans that would their reaction be the same if DD happened to play Mauli's role. Now am asking you the same. 

Think wisely, what is there to improvise in this character "Nandini"?? She is doing how the creatives are telling her. If they don't know anything better how is that an actor's fault. Even they have tried to freaking copy paste each Maaneet iconic scenes, styled Shakti's hair, stubble almost similar with Maan, recreated the camera angles and stuff but is that DD's fault?? Of course not!!! πŸ˜•

Keeping these apart I can understand you might not like DD in Silsila or in general dislike her as an actress but generalizing all her shows in one category is am against of. You can probably point out that she might have not grown as an actress but do not degrade other shows/positive characters by comparing it with this awful show/negative Nandini's character. 

PS : Ignore typos & Sorry If I sound rude but irrationality and blind hatred to this extent is unacceptable sometimes just as blind fandom!! πŸ˜†
Thank you for this πŸ‘ I just don't understand why some aren't able to differentiate between real and reel and trying to bash the actress who is doing a great job with her acting just because she is playing a character like N. This kind of irrational hate I will never get.
Originally posted by Charaiveti

Aditi Has been in the industry since long time I think. I remember watching her in the star plus womanhood anthem and really liking her.She potrayed the various sides of women sowella therea

I think her break through came in during the Ganga role with her first lead role, I have seen bits of her character there, but obviously she's now more established with this serial. I think now people get to see the remarkable hidden gem Aditi is, and her excellent diverse acting she possesses. She comes out very natural as if she's not acting at all because it's so realistic how she performs her scenes. This shows she's extremely talented and deserves to be categorized in the top lead tv actresses in this era.  She's in her mid 30s so hopefully she gets the recognition and respect/credit she fully deserves now. 

Anyways as I said before, I fully agree with you on Drasti. 
Originally posted by SovereignFever

To be honest, I got bored of her. The last time I liked her was in Madhubala. Then she constantly played the same roles over and over and never really changed much. Even this one, she acts the same, crybaby/innocent level despite being a grey character. I want to see her acting badass and evil (even if it doesn't suit her! Just want to see something new for a change! 
She is good looking but not that pretty when she doesn't have make up on tbh.

To me Aditi Sharma is more beautiful and better actress! Too bad my girl Aditi is soo underrated and underappreciated in general!

You dislike Drashti as an actress, totally understandable. But why to degrade one just to state/Prove that your favorite is better??

Aditi is a finest actress which is why she was chosen for Mauli's role. I love her utmostly. At the same time Neither I understand Blind Fandom nor Blind Hatred. Be it towards DD, Aditi or SA, AS... Any of the lead actors. 

Want to praise your favorite. Point out their strength, in Aditi's case there are many. One really doesn't need to stoop at the level of demeaning some other actress while wanting to praise their favorites. 

Given the fact this is a fiction and merely a show, it's always better to talk about the characters and not the actresses. Are the forum rules not clear enough?? πŸ˜• 
As the two people you keep mentioning are extremely good friends. If you are a true fan of Aditi be assured she would not like her fandom to talk rubbish/bash Drashti and vice versa with DD as well. 

PS : Agar kichar dusro pe uchaloge toh khud pe bhi aayega. Meaning you are just opening ways for DD fans to bash Aditi. Me wondering on which side you are actually..Hmm...πŸ€“
Edited by WaveTeal - 5 years ago
Originally posted by Alohomora_

Thank you for this πŸ‘ I just don't understand why some aren't able to differentiate between real and reel and trying to bash the actress who is doing a great job with her acting just because she is playing a character like N. This kind of irrational hate I will never get.

I don't like blind fandom or blind hatred. Nor I like generalizing. A show is not done by one actor only. 
On Nandini's role there is not much which any actress can actually offer!! Why blame the actress when the creatives are to blame??

Talking fairly, If someone is really lacking in acting on this particular show then it's someone else than these two ladies. 

Whereas DD's character is extremely limited and they have chosen her for her strength of expressions. 

As much as I hate the character of Nandini but blaming/bashing DD is something really childish to me. She is not the one who has written that character. 

Folks this topic was about Drashti Dhami, not a comparison between Aditi and Drashti or a place to discuss other actors. Yet people made it such. This topic is closed. If you want to talk about Drashti (without bringing up Aditi or other actors) then please open a new topic.