Why does Dhrasti Dhami do same acting in all serials?

Posted: 5 years ago
She has done same type of acting in all her serials expect DMG. The same shivering, mumbling dialogues, vibrating, looking like a scared deer. There's something called improvisation which DD doesn't do.
I don't think its her fault though. I loved her quirky nature in DMG, she was fab. But after that she got similar cry baby characters again and again. Madhubala was better but yet even she had her cry baby moments.
She should accept different roles maybe, out of her comfort zone. If she keeps doing similar roles it would feel like she is acting the same throughout.
Originally posted by overactor

I don't think its her fault though. I loved her quirky nature in DMG, she was fab. But after that she got similar cry baby characters again and again. Madhubala was better but yet even she had her cry baby moments.
She should accept different roles maybe, out of her comfort zone. If she keeps doing similar roles it would feel like she is acting the same throughout.
She was amazing in DMG. After Arman, she was my favourite from the show...but after that don't know what happened. Her characters have been similar in all her shows but still...actors do improvise. I have seen actors trying to act, speak and cry in different ways...but DD never changes her style.She is always the same.
Another actress who doesn't improvise is Jennifer Winget...but well...I'll not say more about her here. 
she is only beautiful but her expressions are not good. 
She did try different roles and she succeeded in them...from and muskaan to silsila nandini all her characters are different ...and hundreds of episodes female lead  obviously get to cry ...and emotional scenes are her Porte she nails them with perfection 
She was amazing in GHSP.  From a victim of an abusing family, a fraud case and honor killing (well almost), Geet emerged as a strong woman. I loved her journey till she got married to Maan.  DDH has great comic timing. However, didn't watch the shows she did after that. In this show she is playing a Grey character. Hope CVS will explore her in a better way. I enjoyed her acting as an abused wife in this show. She was tremendous in some scenes.  Edited by Sea-Hawk - 5 years ago
Originally posted by MallikaDua

Another actress who doesn't improvise is Jennifer Winget...but well...I'll not say more about her here.

If you lay down the ladder of difference between Maya and Zoya, you can reach the Sun and I'd advise you not to go too near as you are going to feel the burn
I am so glad someone else besides me thinks this. Drashti is not that good of an actress. 
All of her crying scenes are the exact same. What the hell? All she does is vibrate. 

Look at Aditi. Her crying was AMAZING. Even when she was crying, her enunciations are perfect. Drashti is only good at romantic scenes. Aditi is an all-rounder and definitely a better actress than Drashti. 
Disagree strongly. From Doctor Muskan to Geet to Madhu to Rani Gayatri to Naina to Nandini there has been absolutely NOTHING similar .And she has tried something totally different with Nandini where she is the other woman and has greyness to her. And how does someone cry in 100 different ways?  Do we as humans cry differently at different times? No right.Then how do we expect an actor to cry differently each time?😕 She has played N beautifully and made even the most gory difficult scenes worth watching. Her character here is SUPPOSED to suffering from depression and anxiety after her years of abuse and she has actually brilliantly incorporated it in her body language with the shivering and shaking.If anything she needs to be lauded for it.