Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 years ago
Nandini kabhi nahi badal sakti.
Good for mauli she moved on.
chemgirl thumbnail
Hi guys...really happy to see the response...so many Mauli fans...I am so happy...I will reply to comments soon...meanwhile enjoy the second part which is also the last
chemgirl thumbnail

Part 2

7 years later

Mauli looked at herself in the mirror. She looked good but the saree was mess. She still hated sarees. it was waste of time and effort specially when there were more important things to be done. But she had promised. How was she going to manage it now? She felt someone come up behind her.

"Mumma dekho na. Yeh mujhse nahin hoga. I am getting late. " she said sulking.

"Main jaanti thi teri yahi halat hogi. "Yamini said laughing.

Then she started helping Mauli with the saree. Mauli smiled. What would she have without her and Dida?

Yamini Malhotra was the most wonderful woman she had ever seen. Dida too of course. They had been firm in their decision of removing him from their lives. Seven years and not once in these years had they met Kunal. Not even when Kunal's son had been born. Kunal had called his mom as he struggled with a pregnant Nandini. The woman hadn't budged. She just told him to hire a maid. And then when he had told them about the birth of their first grandchild even Mauli herself had asked them to go meet the baby. But neither women had melted. Yamini had told her that some day when she or Prerna gave birth to a child it would be their grandchild. She hugged Yamini as she finished with the saree.

"Mumma aaj ka din mere liye bahot important hai. Thanks for being there always Ma. she said.

They were interrupted as the two most loved members of the family came in running. Mauli smiled as her kids came in calling her loudly. Her twins, Aarav and Ahaana, were four years old . it was their first day of school.

"Mumma aap bahot pretty lag rahi ho. "Arav said.

"Aapse promise jo kiya tha. " she said kissing him on the cheeks.

"Aaj bhi Dadi ne aapko saree pehnaya? " Ahaana asked laughing and holding Yamini's hand.

She gently pulled Ahaana's cheeks. Just then Dida called them from the hall to have Dahi shakkar. She ushered the kids outside. Five minutes later they were in the car. Driving withbthe kids around drove her insane. They asked so many questions. She laughed as she thought of their creative questions.She parked the car in the school parking. She told the kids to wait and and stepped out of the car dialing her phone.

It was then she saw them. The white car pulling into the parking lot. She looked at the number plate hoping it wasn't theirs. But it was. She didn't care for them anymore. But didn't want to see them on a good day like this. She stood there frozen. Nandini stepped out of the car, gorgeous as ever in a white net saree, the only difference was the long mangalsutra that she now wore. She held her son's hand and looked worried. Then Mauli saw him. He got out of the car and said something to Nandnini who was leaving with their son. He stood leaning on the car waiting and waved to their son. Their family. A family built on the ruins of her heart. Neither of them had seen her. She decided to park the car further away. She didn't want to spoiling her day by running into them. But before she could turn around Kunal saw her.  Once again she stood rooted at her place. It made her remember the day she had caught them. In each other's embrace. She clenched her fists.

But then something happened. She felt an arm around her waist. Instinctively she relaxed and smiled. She knew even his touch. She turned around and saw the man she loved. Her husband. Dr Dev Varma. His very presence made her calm. She forgot all about Kunal and Nandini.

"Sorry Mauli. Late ho gaya. Surgery mein kuch complications ho gaye unexpectedly. " he told her.

"Patient theek hai? " she asked.

He nodded smiling. Just then Arav and Ahaana joined them happy to see their father. He had left early for a surgery and had promised to join them at the school. Mauli turned around to lock her car. It was then that she noticed Kunal looking at them. There was some emotion on his face. Maybe a kind of awkwardness that she had felt a few minutes ago. But in that moment she was overtaken by an emotion. Of immense gratitude. Destiny. Fate. God. Whatever it was that had led her to Dev. It was as if the distance between her family and Kunal was a clear divide between a present and her past.

Dev was the best thing that had happened to her. Ironically it was on the day of her divorce that she had first met him. That day she had left the court angry after her conversation with Kunal and Nandini. She wanted to be alone. So she had made an excuse of an emergency and gone straight to the hospital.

(Flashback)

As she opened her cabin she saw someone standing by her bookshelf. She assumed it was some patient's husband. She was on leave that day but maybe there was some emergency. In that case she wondered what he was doing in her cabin.

"Excuse me. Mujhe jaldi se patient ki details deejiye. she said walking towards  the chair.

He turned around confused.

"Aap poochhke nahin aa sakti kya? " he asked her.

She was in no mood to take it lightly.

"Meri marzi. Kaun sa trimester chal raha hai. she asked.

He looked even more confused.She felt impatient.

"Aapki wife ka naam kya hai? She asked.

"Usse aapka kya? aap kaun hai? " he asked.

"You know what. I don't care. Get out. " she shouted.

"You get out. " he snapped.

"I am calling security.  she shouted again.

"Ya maybe they will take you to an asylum. he said.

Before it could get any worse a nurse entered.

"aap yahaan Dr Mauli ? Aaj aap leave pet hi na. she asked.

"This is Dr Mauli? I am so sorry. Maine aapko pehchaana nahin. I was told u r on leave. " he said smiling now.

She looked at the nurse confused.

"Ma'am, yeh Dr Dev hain. Humare naye Neurosurgeon. Dr Khanna ko replace karenge. Dr Khanna next week tak hi jaa rahe hain toh cabin available nahin thi. Plus inhe chhot lag hai toh he cant climb the chairs. isliye kuch din aap inke saath cabin share karegi, if that's okay with you. " the nurse informed her.

Mauli felt embarrassed.

"I am so sorry Dr Dev. Mujhe laga aap kisi patient ke saath aaye ho. Kisi aur ka gussa aap pe nikaal diya. "  she apologized.

"Its ok. par aap jis pe bhi gussa thi use aap se door rahna chaahiye. If he wants to live. Dev said smiling thoughtfully looking into her eyes.

(Flashback ends)

She hadn't even noticed much about him that day. He had told her that he was back from London only a few days ago. He said no more and she asked no more. They had barely even spoken to each other. A few days later he had shifted to his cabin. They greeted each other at times. That was all there was.

And then that day. The day she had seen him, in the true sense of the term. It was the day Kunal's son was born. She had been in the kitchen with Mumma when Kunal called to give them the news. She had known it was coming but it was like a fresh stab to her heart. The ones who had hurt her happily holding a baby. A happy family. And here she was, with nothing but a broken heart and dead soul. She needed to get out. She left for the hospital citing emergency. Perhaps they understood but they didn't stop her.

It was about midnight. She sat alone in the hospital pantry pondering over her life. Wondering why everything went wrong with her. Crying her heart out. He put a coffee in front of her. She looked up. He smiled.

"Not going home? he asked.

"No. she said wiping her tears.

He sat down next to her.

"It is midnight. " he reminded her.

"I don't care. And please don't ask if I am okay.she asked.

"I will not. Of course you are not okay. And its not going to be okay. I know nothing is worse than when people tell u things will be ok just for the sake of saying something. he said smiling.

She looked at him. There was no pity on his face. He was looking at her intently.

"But yes, things wont get better if you just sit here. You cant put yourself in more danger just because you are sad. Think of those people who care about you. Your family. Atleast you have someone who cares about you. Some people don't even get  a shoulder to cry on. he told her.

She knew he was right. She looked at him. She wanted to get it out.

"Main nahin jaana chaahti ghar iss haalat mein. You know about my divorce? " she asked.

he nodded.

"My husband...i mean ex husband had a baby today. He has a family and here I am left with nothing.I am sitting here wondering what my mistake was? Why did he leave me? Kahaan galti ho gayi mujhse? she said.

"Aur kisne kaha galti tumhari hai? galti uski thi. Loss bhi uska hoga. " he said.

She rolled her eyes at him.

"You don't even know me. she said dryly.

"But I have heard about you. I have seen you. Tum apni patients se itni pyaar se baat karti ho. unke liye aadhi raat ko bhi bhaagke aati ho. Hospital ki har staff ko tum pasand ho. Sab tumhari taareef karte hain. tumhe dukhi dekh kar un sab ko bura lag raha hai.Weekends pe kisi aur bade hospital mein kaam karke paise kamaane ki jagah NGO mein pregnant ladies ki treatment ke liye jaati ho. Jo doosron ke liye itna kuch kare woh use kaise takleef degi jise woh pyaar karti thi. he said.

She looked at him surprised.

"Who sab chodo. Agar tumhari galti hoti toh tumhare in laws tumhara saath dete? Par dekho who bhi tumhare husband ko chhod tumhare saath khade hain. Still blame yourself? " he asked.

She looked up at him and smiled gratefully.

"Dr Mauli tum ne meri table pe who frame dekha hai? " he asked.

"The phoenix? " she asked.

She had been surprised to see it.It seemed out of the place in the hospital.

"Yes. They say a phoenix catches fire when it is old. Then it is born again from the ashes. People too need to do that but most fail. But you are doing it Mauli. Just keep going. You are a phoenix. Remember that. he told her.

She suddenly felt more confident. He was right. She was a fighter.

"how do you know the right thing to say? " she asked  smiling and wiping her tears.

"Kyunki main bhi isi dor se  gusra hoon. Atleast tum apne ex se nafrat kar sakti ho. I still love my wife. he said looking away.

She was shocked.

"She passed away a few months ago. She was a gynaec too. Major accident tha. I watched her die slowly in the hospital. " he said cringing.

She had once heard that broken hearts are the most beautifu. Now she saw it. She could see him blinking away his tears. instinctively she placed her hand on his and squeezed. He smiled and said "And I thought I was going to comfort you. Dr Phoenix.

Mauli felt tears down her cheeks as she thought of that day. It was the beginning of a new bond. A companionship based on pain. they had started spending time together. He taught her to play the guitar. She suggested books. She took him around the city. Sometimes they just sat silently sipping coffee. She could discuss anything with him. He had no one. So she invited him home often. Very soon Dida and ma too had grown close to him.

Almost a year later he confessed that he loved her and she didn't hold back on her feelings either. But neither of them were in the frame of mind to start a life together. They were both still healing. They had taken it slow. It was she who had proposed. She realized no longer how much she waited she wasn't going to forget what happened. She had to move on. She was ready to take the plunge. He had accepted and they had tied the knot. A little more than a year later their children were born. And she got everything she had asked for.

Dev could never be Kunal. She couldn't love him in the blind carefree way she loved Kunal. That girl was dead. She was a different woman now. She loved Dev more deeply. They didn't need to assert their love a 100 times every day. They just knew.

"Dr Mauli kya soch rahi hai aap. Bacche school jaa rahe hain or Ma ro rahi hai? he asked wiping her tears.

She smiled and started walking towards the school. She knew Kunal was still looking at them but she didn't turn around. She didn't want to look back.

"Mauli. Ek minute. " she hear him call loudly.

She stopped. There was time she loved hearing him say her name. Now she felt nothing. She didn't want to talk to him. She started walking forward but Dev held her hand.

"Kunal? he asked.

She nodded.

"Mauli I will drop the kids to their class. tum check karlo meri car locked hai ki nahin. " he said giving her the keys.

She knew he what he was doing. She was about to refuse when he whispered in her ear "Just remember. You are my phoenix. "

she smiled. She turned around and walked towards Kunal.

"Thanks Mauli rukne ke liye. Can we have a cup of coffee? " he asked.

She gestured to the cafeteria. He brought two cups of coffee. He looked different. Older and stressed.

"How are you Mauli? "he asked.

"Happy. she said coldly.

"That was your husband? " he asked.

"Yes. she replied curtly.

"And those are your kids. They look very cute. I came with Nandini. She went to meet Abhi's teacher." he said.

She was starting to lose her cool.

"Kunal we are not teenagers who just had a breakup and can discuss our new relationships over a cup of coffee. I am not interested in your life. So get to the point. she told him.

" I just wanted to know how you are Mauli. It feels good to see you happy. " he said.

"I am happy Kunal. I have a husband who loves me. He himself has lost his love once. So he understands me. We are very happy. And I have two lovely kids. What more could I want? " she said calming herself down.

Kunal smiled.

"Dida aur mom kaise hain? " he asked sadly.

"They are fine. Arav aur Ahaana ko wahi samhaalte hain. she told him.

"Do you guys ever talk about me? " he asked.

For a moment she felt sorry for him. She knew how much he loved his family. But then she remembered that he had betrayed them too.

"No Kunal. we never talk about you. " she said looking him in the eye.

She saw him cringe.

"But I still think about you people. You, mom and Dida. I miss you. " he said.

She looked at him shocked. Was he crazy? It seemed he had decided to  test her patience.

"That's your problem kunal. If you are done can I leave? " she asked.

"Wait Mauli. kya tum mujhe kabhi maaf nahin karogi? " he asked.

"No. she replied.

"Kyun? Saat saal ho chuke hain. Hum sab apni apni life main aage badh chuke hain. Ab toh maaf kar do hum donon ko. " he pleaded.

He had crossed the line.

"No. Kunal. Kabhi nahin.Haan aaj main khush hoon. Par un dinon ka kya jab main tumhare liye royi hogi. Who akelapan jo maine jhela jab tum apni nayi zindagi sawaar rahe the. Woh din jab main duniya se bhaag rahi thi. Woh baatein ko logon ne mere bare mein kahi. Woh raatein jab main akele bethke roti thi. Agar woh sab bhula doongi toh tumhe maaf kar doongi. Tumhe pata hai tumhare dhoke ne kujhe is tarah toda ki dobara pyaar hokar bhi mujhe rishta jodne se dar tha. woh toh Dev ne mujhe samjha, isliye khush hoon main. So no. main na tumhe maaf karoongi na tumhare biwi ko. " she told him.

He gulped. Guilt lined his features. She didn't care.

"Anything else? " she asked.

"Kya main mom aur Dida ki zindagi ka bhi hissa nahin ban sakta? I miss you guys. Akele reh gaye hai hum. Na koi rishta na koi apne. " he said.

"No Kunal. Main tumhe apni aur apne family ki life mein nahin chaahti. aaj tumhe yahaan dekh kar ek minute ke liye main phir se woh sab yaad karne lagi joh main bhoolna chaahti hoon. Main dobaara woh nahin chaahti. Aur na tum aur Nandini chahenge. It is awkward. I saw you when you were looking at me and Dev. You felt that didn't you? Do you want that again? "she asked.

He remained silent.

"And its not just me. Tum ne mere dil ke saath Ma aur dida ka guroor bhi toda tha. jab tumhare bte ke bare mein suna to maine khud unhe kaha tha ki woh tumse mile. Par woh nahin mane. " she said.

He looked at her tears in his eyes.

"I am sorry Kunal. We all make our choices. choices come with consequence. You didn't choose Nandini over me. You chose lies over truth. You could have told me. I would have forgiven you someday. they would have too. But you chose to lie. To cheat me. To cheat them. And that choice has cost you your family. There is nothing you can do now Kunal. I am sorry. " she said.

And then she walked out with her head held high as always. She walked on. She didn't want to look back this time. She walked on until she saw Dev standing outside the school gate. She ran straight into his arms. She didn't care where they where. This was her happy place. Her destiny.

chemgirl thumbnail
Hi guys...pls buddy for PMs for my stories
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
Wow, this part is super awesome I loved it so much.
I am eager to read more.
chemgirl thumbnail
Thanks for the response...sorry for not sending PMs but my laptop is not working
kendra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Absolutely amazing!! πŸ‘πŸ‘ I was planning to write something and you wrote exactly what i wanted. I wish Mauli rises again as a phoenix. Thank you so muchπŸ˜ƒ
prettywomaniya thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
this was realy really good yaar.. this is our mauli.. 
i really want her to move on .
i am glad she didnt chose to be bitter and had moved on.. 
glad she didnt listen to him.. he doesnt deserve her time, attention and apology.. 
mauli is a fighter indeed..
nicely written πŸ˜Š
keep it up.. 
Famishah thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
both parts were awesome. loved it!!!!!!!!
sujr thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
very nice uprise of mauli, but i see no guilt or karma of kunal and nandini, if it had been der it would have ben very nice. kunal just misses his family but not guilt at all.
Edited by sujr - 5 years ago