Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

no purity of love in infidelity

kiransgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I wanted to post a separate topic discussion here about the concept of purity of love in an extramarital relationship. This topic was touched on in another post but I think we may flesh it out a little more here. I feel there is a great misunderstanding about the nature of the actions taken in this EMA (and others). I have seen some posters argue that Kundani's affair could have been written as more pure if it had not turned, grotesquely, physical. It's almost as if the emotional cheating that led to the physical cheating is okay. It most certainly is not. No woman wants her husband pining in silence for another woman and acting as if he is making some great sacrifice being with her and not his mistress. Which woman won't be disgusted knowing he's thinking of another woman when he's with her and checked out. You know, like some great sadhu, making the ultimate sacrifice. 
I think it's still pretty disgusting. Emotional cheating is very destructive as well and here is why. IT IS BECAUSE OF THE LYING. The cheaters are still lying about their actions/feelings, etc. They are robbing the woman being cheated of an actual chance to make another life. If the cheater wanted to show how pure his love is, he would confess his true feelings for his wife and FREE HER. Free her to choose if she stays or goes. Free her to start anew and find the real love of her life because the love of your life wont' love another. So, it's the lying and the selfish actions that is at the heart of the issue, not just the nasty sex...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chirpyhapibird thumbnail
First time when it kicked your mind
should have been a simple nice gesture.
Here he got it seeing rain dance
No emotional growth.
Jumped on bed 3rd day.
Divine
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
No, it's not. As long as it's an EMA, the love is a doubtful thing since the there is no concrete commitment which is essential in any relationship.

But if the story is compelling, then it might force you to think certain things, not support or justify them though.

Nishabd left me speechless with the raw story line. I would never support what happened there, but the nakedness of human emotions at any age left me speechless & forced me to think if human emotions are that fragile. I have seen even the strongest falter when it comes to emotions & there is something about it to think.

But that's the problem here, makers tried to wrap this raw emotion & content in divinity which is absolute nuts. It's only now with Mauli's track, is there certain changes otherwise this would have gone on for don't know how long.
Edited by arshi_asya - 5 years ago
vibha28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
👏 👏 Completely Agree

I have said the same thing. Cheating happened the minute he felt more than platonic towards Nandini. End of!!!!! Would anyone want to be with a man who is emotionally attached to other?

I don't think staying with your wife out of whatever misconception you have is fair on her, she deserves a man who is hers - heart, body, and mind.

MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Totally agree! I saw the last few episodes coz of the Mahasangam and I wanted to see Aditya Zoya parts. 

But honestly, the most despicable character here in my eyes is Kunal even more than Nandani. She's at least emotionally unstable! The character Kunal is a weak minded cheat. All those nonsensical things he did like "Not eating?"How stupid and pathetic? Is he in High school? Forcing Nandani to say she loves him. Pathetic. It's was almost unwatchable how nauseating it was.

There is nothing pure about cheating be it emotional or physical. Here both has happened. I can't believe the way Kunal looks at his whole family and lies like he didn't do anything. The man is vile. After the last few episodes, my disgust for him grew a lot more than for Nandani who is a pathetic sad woman who acts like shes always scared and maybe she is. But she is very emotionally dependent on everyone, Mauli and now Kunal. 

But Kunal? What a creep! Acting like the good guy but in fact, playing his wife while sleeping with and romancing her unstable friend at the same time? Guys like him belong in jail. Guys like Rajdeep are criminals but guys like Kunal are opportunists. He is with Nandani to satisfy his own Ego that she "Needs" him. This is less about Nandani and more about him. If he was more of a real man, he would not be threatened by his wife's success and he would not use an unstable woman like Nandani. Disgusting.

As for the actor defending the character saying no one is wrong in EMA and "Your heart starts beating for someone else!" Dude, clearly you don't watch your show? If you did, you can see what a vile creature Kunal is, and his actions are NOT justified. Simple as that! 
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 5 years ago
vibha28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

Totally agree! I saw the last few episodes coz of the Mahasangam and I wanted to see Aditya Zoya parts.

But honestly, the most despicable character here in my eyes is Kunal even more than Nandani. She's at least emotionally unstable! The character Kunal is a weak minded cheat. All those nonsensical things he did like "Not eating?"How stupid and pathetic? Is he in High school? Forcing Nandani to say she loves him. Pathetic. It's was almost unwatchable how nauseating it was.

There is nothing pure about cheating be it emotional or physical. Here both has happened. I can't believe the way Kunal looks at his whole family and lies like he didn't do anything. The man is vile. After the last few episodes, my disgust for him grew a lot more than for Nandani who is a pathetic sad woman who acts like shes always scared and maybe she is. But she is very emotionally dependent on everyone, Mauli and now Kunal.

But Kunal? What a creep! Acting like the good guy but in fact, playing his wife while sleeping with and romancing this unstable woman at the same time? Guys like him belong in jail. Guys like Rajdeep are criminals but guys like Kunal are opportunists. He is with Nandani to satisfy his own Ego that she "Needs" him. This is less about Nandani and more about him. If he was more of a real man, he would not be threatened by his wife's success and he would not use an unstable woman like Nandani. Disgusting.

As for the actor defending the character saying no one is wrong in EMA and "Your heart starts beating for someone else!" Dude, clearly you dont watch your show? If you did, you can see what a vile creature Kunal is, and his actions are NOT justified. Simple as that!

👏 👏 You have not lost your touch when explaining. Been ages since I read your lovely comments, hope you are doing well?

If you don't remember me, Vibha from IPKKND forum 😊
pamk06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Completely Agree.. There is no relationship if the heart is not in there and it's really not fair on the partner who is contributing more than 100% to the commitment that you have made with each other. As soon as a person finds out that he/she no longer has the same feelings for the other person, they should let them know because if not, then it is Cheating. EMA can never be justified.
silver_lotus thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Exactly however they show. Even if the presentation was different and the two didn't had any physical relation and they act as sacrificing mahaans still it will be a crime from both of them. EMA can never be justified with love. If it is really pure love as you think then don't built it on lies. You start with first telling your partner then you go after the person you love.