Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

I am unsure if I should say yes or decline.

evelyn1990 thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

I have been together with my boyfriend for seven long years. We have enjoyed so much together, created memories together and even had travelled abroad together. For those seven years of loving me, he never failed to make me feel that I am special and how genuine his love is for me. I can't see my future without him. However, when he proposed to me, I was dumbfounded not because I was surprised, although I really am but because I didn't know what to say; I didn't know what answer to give him. I stood there quietly like everyone around us did as he was kneeling on the ground, waiting for me to answer. It took me a while to tell him that I needed time to decide and I saw his eyes that seemed to be disappointed. I just am not sure of what I should say. I love him, I do. I am just not ready for marriage yet.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NGATIA thumbnail
tell him to be patient enough if he loves u ...up to the time u will make up your mind ... 70% sure it will work..
evelyn1990 thumbnail
Originally posted by: NGATIA

tell him to be patient enough if he loves u ...up to the time u will make up your mind ... 70% sure it will work..

Yeah. I told him I'm not ready yet. Everyone, including our family was in shocked. But they understood somehow. My boyfriend told me he's willing to wait. 
Indianthought thumbnail
Seven years is a long time. He should be able to understand once he is out of the shock of the incident. Find some time to talk to him about it. I am sure all will be okay.
2_addicted thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
If after 7 years you're questioning whether or not to say yes or decline, then that's got to be a no.
Easy_A thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.