Hina58966 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Everyone is busy bashing characters and actors for ema but Iam confused,section 377 IPC had been decriminalised which legalises relation against nature even legalizing acts with animals ,in such situation where does ema stand?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
EMA deals with adultery which is very much a criminal offence in IPC dealt under Section 497A of IPC.
Section 377 decriminalization has nothing to do with adultery or EMA.
It just decriminalized the homosexuality which was considered unnatural as per the conventional biological norms. The consensual homosexual couple's sexual acts won't be criminalized now.

SC has not decriminalized bestiality, minor or non-consensual sexual acts. So, sex with animals, children & non-consenting person is still a punishable offence. (Check the Wikipedia for this fact).

Adultery is  still a criminal offence in India. If this is decriminalized then Karma hitting back is the only punishment for the couples engaged in it.
Since decriminalization of it would leave with divorce as the only legal remedy for spouses whose partners were cheating on them.
Edited by arshi_asya - 5 years ago
Hina58966 thumbnail
I know only section 377 had been decriminalised  ,
We all oppose ema because its against morality and social and cultural norms then isnt allowing homosexuality and doing such acts with animals isnt against ethics,morals and social norms?
arshi_asya thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hina58966

I know only section 377 had been decriminalised  ,

We all oppose ema because its against morality and social and cultural norms then isnt allowing homosexuality and doing such acts with animals isnt against ethics,morals and social norms?

Sexual acts with children, animals & non-consenting person is still a punishable offence under the same ACT. So, the Act still stands but with modifications now.

SC has only removed consenting LGBT community people from this Act.

This Act is still very much in place for the rest of the cases.

And no, homosexuality isn't against ethics, since it is caused by variations in the chromosomes of the person leading to homosexual sexual orientations. It's very much biological since many species are knows to have or have shown the homosexual behavior including human beings.

Even Polygamy was a societal norm & moral earlier, but it's not now in most of the communities. The definition of societal norms & morals is subjective. Lying is immoral but it's not for a spy.
Edited by arshi_asya - 5 years ago
Hina58966 thumbnail
Well going by wikipedia as u told,still iznt homosexuality against social norms and ethics? Edited by Hina58966 - 5 years ago
arshi_asya thumbnail

Well going by wikipedia as u told,still iznt homosexuality against social norms and ethics?

Edited the comment. Read it again.
Ashley.J thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Well going by wikipedia as u told,still iznt homosexuality against social norms and ethics?

No it isn't.
How can you even put an EMA and rights of LGBT people in the same category!!?
Hina58966 thumbnail
Thanks.
I read it but still my question is isnt homosexuality against our morals?what about our social and cultural norms?
Hina58966 thumbnail
Well sorry i dnt support ema and like that i dnt  support homosexuality.for me both are against my religion and my morals and ethics
Hina58966 thumbnail
@veronica.
So u support homosexuality then hkw come u judge others for having ema or likewise,its ur choice thats their choice
For me both are shits