Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

Nandini and mental health

Y12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
It seems like almost everyone is trying to figure out why N is behaving like she is doing, and many of us, are jumping to conclusions that she might have PTSD. 
Now what are the signs of PTSD?

Re-experiencing

Re-experiencing is the most typical symptom of PTSD. This is when a person involuntarily and vividly re-lives the traumatic event in the form of:

• flashbacks
  • nightmares
  • repetitive and distressing images or sensations
  • physical sensations such as pain, sweating, nausea or trembling(done)

Some people have constant negative thoughts about their experience, repeatedly asking themselves questions that prevent them from coming to terms with the event.

For example, they may wonder why the event happened to them and if they could have done anything to stop it, which can lead to feelings of guilt or shame. ( Guilt and N lol)

Avoidance and emotional numbing

Trying to avoid being reminded of the traumatic event is another key symptom of PTSD. This usually means avoiding certain people or places that remind you of the trauma, or avoiding talking to anyone about your experience.

Many people with PTSD try to push memories of the event out of their mind, often distracting themselves with work or hobbies.

Some people attempt to deal with their feelings by trying not to feel anything at all. This is known as emotional numbing. This can lead to the person becoming isolated and withdrawn, and they may also give up pursuing activities they used to enjoy( N seems pretty happy cooking, dressing up, building idol)

Hyperarousal (feeling 'on edge')

Someone with PTSD may be very anxious and find it difficult to relax. They may be constantly aware of threats and easily startled. This state of mind is known as hyperarousal.

Hyperarousal often leads to:

• irritability
  • angry outbursts
  • sleeping problems (insomnia)
  • difficulty concentrating

Other problems

Many people with PTSD also have a number of other problems, including:

PTSD sometimes leads to work-related problems and the breakdown of relationships. but it is diagonsed only where a cluster/many symptoms are there

Source:https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/symptoms/

More : https://www.verywellmind.com/an-overview-of-ptsd-symptoms-2797638

https://www.everydayhealth.com/ptsd/guide/symptoms/

Those who are not convinced can do other google searches

__

Now the real question is whether she is suffering from PTSD or not. It is also important that NOT everyone who faces abuse will have PTSD, just because she is a victim of abuse doesn't mean she will automatically have PTSD or any other mental illness. She might need few counselling sessions for her mental health but seeing her actions, it doesn't seem like she has PTSD. I think if she did have some mental illness which are serious, Dr Mauli would have noticed it .

In fact, for me(of course doctors and psy on this forum can tell better) she is just a selfish person, thankless and a backstabber hiding between an innocent traditional avatar, who slept with her bestie's hubby with no guilt because she believes she is right, and is okay with Kunal/man sailing on two boats. 

Do post your views. 

Edited by Y12345 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Silverrmoon thumbnail
If a person faces such violence continuously like in case of Nandini they will definitely take a while to move ahead in their life at times it may take years to heal, counselling does help in making the person's situation better,, but Nandini forgets things and behaves as if it doesn't affect her. She hasn't shown any guilt at all, she thinks it is alright to have an affair with her best friend's husband and didn't bother to think about the consequences of her actions. No amount of excuses or explanations can justify cheating. 
rhondasa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think the fact that she seems so thankful for getting scrapes of affection from Kunal, a much married man itself is a telling sign. She seems to be quite dissociated with her past. One more thing i noticed is her lack of any self respect. People taunt her etc she seems to feel bad and next moment its over and she is back in the same place. She seems quite delusional and in her own head. Also her reaction to Rajdeep i sometimes find hysteric.
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
It might have been an interesting angle but I don't think makers want to go that route. It's way out of their league. 
All they care about is juzzbat drama.

Shabby writing. 
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Like.. why can't we accept that they are selfish and they did it to fulfil their desires ..where is love here ..can anyone help?
LiveLifeHonest thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
  I'm a doctor and all that you have put up there is totally correct. Contrary to what most people think, doctors don't just randomly talk to patients and diagnose them with a psychiatric illness. There are psychiatric guidelines like ICD-10 that we follow to diagnose patients. We look out for certain symptoms. There are some grey areas at times, but there's when a doctor's intuition and experience comes in. Does Nandini exhibit the symptoms of PTSD (Blame the CVs for this)? No. Depression? Probably in the beginning but the writing here is so half-hearted and terrible, that more than depression, it looks like a short bout of sadness. Her married life had high possibilities of leading to these 2 conditions, but the CVs never demonstrated symptoms of both clearly.

Another misconception is that patients with psychiatric illnesses can't be held liable for their actions. Clinically except for certain illnesses like Schizophrenia (that too each case is carefully reviewed by a psychiatrist before any legal proceedings), patients can be charged for their crimes and can be held accountable for their actions. Psychiatric illnesses don't hinder your logical reasoning, but people commonly perceive patients with psychiatric illnesses as mental people.

In short, can Nandini be held liable for her actions? Yes. Can her supposed psychiatric illness absolve her from what she did? I'd sooner blame her immaturity for what she did than this. She was a victim of Rajdeep's abuse. But in this scenario she still has to be accountable for what she did.

Edited by LiveLifeHonest - 5 years ago
VARUNI2014 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
No need to think that deeply when makers itself insisting it is jazzbaat
They used this abuse reason to some how get nandhini stay in Mauli house that's it 
Free_Rein thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Dishoom

She has only one problem and she takes full advantage of it which is:

🤣
Preetieee thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Why people thinking so much deep? Ye indian tv show hai yaha sirff drama chalta hai itna dimag yaha kisi writer ke paas nahi hoga im damn sure😆. They just want to cover nandinis all deeds in a single word Juzbaat thats it. Except it or explained it galat to galat hi rahega
Rosh4rose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Really don't want to care much about the serial any more
Actors are asking people to do better work too if they don't like the serial
I think better not to waste too much on analysing things which is nothing but...Disgusting
Since it is funny for me at times i do watch selected epi or visit forums
.,...Kunal is a snake really not Nandini
...atleast witness "lust oozing hugs"
   They are getting paid , let viewers get entertained
... It is all for mere entertainment
...all the serials are same but some are decent thins is not