Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

byeleftgone thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
AASUS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Happy Ganesh Chathurthi if you're celebrating :)
Ty for msg
I'll read when I return agin to forum. 😃
Goldstar7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nice update , waiting for next chapter s since  3-4 years .
 Feel this Manmeet  is double faced person and must be  villain opportunist to bring P H together😊
Edited by -prime- - 5 years ago
JCluvs srk thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Nice update enjoyed reading
Now in this one month they will come closer
Pls update soon eagerly waiting

Thanks for reading!!! your comments keep me going! i hope you like the next update.

Originally posted by: preciousrose26

Thanks you so much JC for updating this story.
Will give my comments after reading.

can't wait to read your comments! thank you for reading!

Originally posted by: AASUS

Happy Ganesh Chathurthi if you're celebrating :)
Ty for msg
I'll read when I return agin to forum. 😃

You too! i don't celebrate but many wishes to you too :) Can't wait to read your comments!

Originally posted by: -prime-

Nice update , waiting for next chapter s since  3-4 years .

Feel this Manmeet  is double faced person and must be  villain opportunist to bring P H together😊

awww sorry yaar I feel terrible for abandoning this fic all those years ago...i hope these next updates make it up to you for the long wait...don't forget to leave comments!
JCluvs srk thumbnail

Chapter 6

Heer walked the halls of St. Xavier's as her last class of the day ended. She continued walking absent mindedly and walked straight into Meher.

"Ow didi...kya kar rahi ho?" Meher complained, rubbing her shoulder from the impact.

Heer's eyes widened realizing what happened and apologized immediately. "I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention..." she explained, with a guilty expression.

Meher brushed off the apology and fell into step with Heer as she started walking again. "By the way di...what were you thinking about? You seemed so occupied in your thoughts that you didn't even realize me approaching you." Meher asked, curious about the dazed look in her sister's eyes.

Heer gulped and avoided eye contact. How can she admit to Meher that she was thinking of a certain Juneja brother who was supposedly her biggest enemy? And she wasn't pondering about him in a negative way...she couldn't force her mind to stop thinking about the moment they shared in her bedroom.

Thinking back to it now, Heer didn't understand what happened to her. She was out of breath because of the fall...yes...that's what happened. Heer didn't instantly pull away because she needed to catch her breath.

This incident happened two weeks ago...and Heer remembered every detail clearly. It took a few moments for Prem and Heer to realize how close they were and both jumped apart like they were burned.  

A heavy awkwardness filled the air when neither knew what to do next. Prem opened his mouth to say something, but Heer never gave him the chance. She dashed out of her room and didn't look back.

Neither spoke to each other since that moment. The Junejas moved into the Mann mansion a few days later and Heer still avoided Prem. Both were now living under the same roof, but that didn't stop Heer from avoiding Prem like the plague. He tried a few times to approach her, but she dashed in the opposite direction every time.

How could she? Even for a second...how could she lose herself? She was going to marry Manmeet. She loved Manmeet...shame on her for not reacting sooner.

"Di!" Heer came back to reality when Meher shook her. "I'm asking you about your dress fitting and you are zoning out again. What's gotten into you?" Meher asked, started to get concerned.

"N..no..nothing..." Heer stammered, avoiding the question. "I have something to do! I'll see you later." With that said, Heer dashed away with a confused Meher looking after her.

Heer walked into another building and made her way to the music room. She will play for a little bit and clear her head. Yes...that's what she will do. Nothing happened between her and Prem...there was no need for her to feel so guilty. All she needed was some time for herself and she will forget the incident even happened.

Heer turned a corner and let out a squeal as strong arms circled her waist and pulled her into an empty classroom. When she opened her mouth to scream, a hand covered her mouth and a deep voice whispered into her ears.

"Shhh...it's just me..."

"Prem!" Heer jumped out of his grasp when she recognized the voice. Prem put his hands up in surrender, letting Heer know he won't touch her.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you, but I needed to talk to you." Prem spoke.

"I don't want to talk to you." Heer cut in and made her way to the door. She made it half a step when Prem grabbed her arm and pulled her back. Heer opened her mouth again, this time to curse out Prem for touching her, but it died in her throat when her eyes met his. They were intense...and a little bit angry.

"You are not going to avoid me." Prem said in a dangerously low voice, his eyes glaring into her's, daring her to make a move. When she didn't, Prem loosened his hold on her.

"Heer...we need to stop avoiding each other. NOTHING happened. Why are you making things so awkward between us?" Prem finally asked, revealing what he's wanted to say for the past week.

"I'M making things awkward? Prem it was an awkward situation." Heer defended, trying to erase the incident from her memory. 

"I understand that. But nothing happened. It was an accident." Prem retaliated. "Look Heer...I'm here to help with your wedding and we are going to be living together. I can't have you running the other way every time I'm standing in the same room with you."

Silence fell between them for a few moments until Heer sighed, admitting defeat. "I guess you're right. The least we can do is be cordial with each other." She agreed. After all, he was just trying to help.

"So we are ok?" Prem asked hesitantly.

"Yea..." Heer nodded her head, "we are ok."

Prem let out a breath of relief. "Finally...she speaks sense." He stated, to no one in particular.

Heer's jaw dropped and she slapped his arm. Prem simply grinned in return.

"If we are going to make this work you have to be nicer to me!" Heer complained, Their semi truce lasted about two seconds. The devil will always be the devil.

Prem laughed, "Sorry. Old habit. I can't promise to completely change...but I will limit my teasing to three times a day" He replied grinning.

Heer narrowed her eyes, "Once a day." she bargained.

"Jaan logi kya? Acha...two times a day." Prem bargained back.

Heer glared at him for a few seconds, while Prem continued to smirk...and then let out a hearty laugh. They may not be the best of friends, but they grew up together...and Heer admitted that it felt nice to not feel awkwardness between them anymore.   

Prem felt goosebumps scatter across his arms as Heer laughed. Hmmm...must be the AC in the room'' Prem thought and ignored the feeling.

"So...we are good?" Prem asked again, once Heer's laughter died down.

Heer smiled, a rare sight when it came to Prem, "Yes...we are good." She replied.

"Alright then...I'll see you later" Prem smiled back, a real smile...not a smirk, and walked out of the classroom.

Heer looked on after him; a smile still adorning her owns lips.

Well that was an interesting encounter...'' She thought. For the first time...neither wanted to bite the other's head off...and they shared a genuine conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

When the last bell rang indicating the end of another school day, Prem exited the school gates and headed to the parking lot. As he was walking, he pulled out his cell phone and dialed Manmeet's number. He was given instructions by Teji Maa to give Manmeet a ride from school today. The Manns were finalizing some of the wedding details tonight, such as the venue, floral design, catering, and music.

Manmeet did not own a car because if his modest background, and with Mumbai's fickle public transportation system, it would take Manmeet hours to reach the Mann mansion. To save time, Prem happily agreed to give Manmeet a ride after school. They were team mates after all, and Prem loved spending time with them whenever he could. 

"Hello."

"Hey man. It's Prem." Prem replied.

"What's up Captain?" Manmeet asked from the other end of the line.

"I'm heading to my car right now. Where are you?" Prem asked, as he entered the parking lot and maneuvered his way to his Lamborghini.

"Oh...I...mmm...I already left.  Yea...My mother called earlier needing my help with something. So I had to leave...can you please apologize to everyone on my behalf? I don't think I can make it tonight." Manmeet replied hastily. The nervousness in his voice did not go unnoticed by Prem.

"Is everything ok? Anything I can help with?" Prem asked, genuinely concerned.

"N..no...no...I'm fine really." Manmeet replied hesitantly, "I will call Heer and let her know. But please, apologize to her parents for me." Manmeet concluded. If Prem were to see Manmeet face-to-face in that moment, he would have seen the look of guilt on Manmeet's face.

"Alright buddy, no worries. But please...let me know if you need anything. I guess I will see you at the Sangeet then..." Prem ended the call awkwardly. He felt that something was off...but didn't think it was his place to ask further. Manmeet and he were never close friends. Whatever friendship they had was because they were in the same basketball team. But...something was just off...

Prem shook off this feeling he had and revved up his engine. With the Sangeet only a few days away, there was a lot to get done and Prem needed to reach Mann house as soon as possible.

As Prem maneuvered his Lamborghini out the school gates he happened to glance toward the football fields.

His eyes focused back on the road when it hit him and he slammed on the brakes. He darted his brown orbs back to the fields. There...on the football field bleachers, Prem saw Manmeet sitting with an elder man.

Prem frowned...completely confused...Why did he lie? What is going on? Who is that man? Did Manmeet lie to Heer too?'' All these questions dashed through Prem's mind as he caught the two men speaking to each other in the distance.

HONK!!!

Prem jumped out of his thoughts as he realized he was blocking traffic. Giving the two men one last glance...Prem drove away...tons of unanswered questions running through his mind.

Maybe he was overreacting. Manmeet is a good man...surely he wouldn't lie to Heer. Manmeet probably had something personal to deal with and didn't feel comfortable sharing it with him since they weren't close. Yea...that's what happened...I'm sure Manmeet didn't lie to Heer about this.'' Finding some peace in his conclusion and giving Manmeet the benefit of the doubt, Prem decided to stop thinking about what he saw and focused on traffic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''

"Alright, the catering is done for the wedding and I also finalized the starters for the Sangeet" Balraj announced.

The Mann and Juneja family were scattered around the lavish ballroom doing various tasks. Prem was on the phone with the electrician regarding decorative lights and Preet was finalizing the music for the event. 

"I just got off the phone with the florist, they will bring everything the morning of the Sangeet so the flowers are fresh." Lalit informed everyone.

"That's wonderful! Thank God you are all here to help...or else we could never have planned everything so last minute" Teji replied, appreciating the Junejas' help.

"Don't be silly" Gayatri replied has she helped Teji wrap the gold tokens which will be given to each guest, "Heer is our daughter too."

While everyone was hustling and bustling around Heer, she was lost in her own thoughts. She was an understanding person...she really was. But couldn't hide her disappointment when Manmeet called her and said he couldn't make it tonight. There was so much to do for the wedding...for their wedding...and Heer felt that Manmeet was missing out on a lot of the decisions. He should be here...they should both be picking out the decorations...the food...and music.

Oh stop it Heer...stop being so selfish. If Manmeet said his mother called him urgently it must have been something important. But why couldn't Manmeet tell her what exactly went wrong? They have been together for 1 whole year now...and Manmeet never hid anything from her...so what was so important?'' Heer's thoughts were interrupted when Meher gently tapped her shoulder.

"Heer di...are you ok? I called you several times and you were so lost in your thoughts" Meher asked, worried about her elder sister.

"Oh...sorry Meher...what did you need?" Heer asked, trying to forget her worries and focus on the task at hand.

"I brought your Sangeet outfit...I was telling you to go try in on and show it to us." Meher replied.

"Sure" Heer replied quietly, not really having the heart to change, but doing in anyway because she couldn't say No'' to Meher.

Once Heer left the room, Teji sighed. "Heer won't say anything, but I know she is upset because Manmeet isn't here." she spoke, sensing her daughter's mixed emotions.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and agreed. They all noticed that Heer was quiet throughout the evening...and why wouldn't she be? Her future husband was not here helping her plan their wedding.

Prem remained quiet, not sure what to think because of what he saw earlier.

"I hope he is the right man for Heer..." Balraj stated, voicing his concern.

Lalit placed a comforting hand on his friend's shoulder, "I'm sure it's nothing serious. Manmeet must have had something important come up to miss tonight. I'm sure Heer would never fall in love with a bad person..." he spoke, trying to give Balraj strength.

"I agree with dad Balraj papa" Prem spoke, "From what I know of him...Manmeet is a really good guy...I'm sure he will keep Heer extremely happy" Prem comforted, and Preet nodded his head in agreement since both the boys were teammates with Manmeet.

The serious conversation was interrupted when Heer entered wearing her Sangeet outfit. Prem felt his throat dry up a little...just a little...at the sight before him.

The outfit was a two piece lehenga, leaving Heer's midriff completely bare. The two-tone purple and pink lace fell softly around Heer, accenting her porcelain skin further.

"Wow didi, you look amazing!" Meher gushed, admiring the outfit. Teji placed a loving hand on Heer's hair while everyone complimented her. The dress fit her perfectly. She will look gorgeous. Everyone in the Sangeet will be staring at her.

Heer smiled at the kind words of everyone. She was so blessed to have such a loving and supportive family. She was glad that they accepted Manmeet...now if only he were actually here. She really appreciated her family for doing everything they did...but it didn't mean anything if her future husband was not around to be a part of it.

Everyone noticed Heer's quiet demeanor, but they tried to distract her by gushing over the lehenga. Prem stood a little away from the group. Everyone was surrounding Heer, but he decided to keep his distance until he caught his breath. So she looked pretty...Heer was a pretty girl...no big deal.' Prem thought in his head.

As Prem was trying to justify why his throat dried up when he saw Heer, he couldn't help but notice she was still awfully quite. Preet even tried flirting with Heer, so Meher would slap his arm and hopefully their interaction would distract Heer from her worries. But Heer just smiled and still remained quite.

Prem broke away from his thoughts when Gayatri called him. "Prem beta...doesn't she look lovely? You were right to recommend your friend's boutique for the fitting." Gayatri spoke.

"Hmmm I agree...Heer sach mein bohut khoobsurat lag rahi hai." Prem replied honestly, getting everyone's attention. Heer's eyes then met his, and Prem slowly walked towards her. For a moment it felt like they were the only ones in the room. Everyone around them remained quiet, anticipating what Prem was going to do next.

"Bas ek choti si problem hai..." Prem said, his voice deepening a little.

"Kya?" Heer asked, her full attention on Prem...not able to break eye contact with him as he got closer. 

"Tum..." Prem began, stopping about half a feet away from Heer, "thodi..." he leaned in as Heer held her breath, "moti lag rahi ho...and even my friend can't help you in that department" He concluded.

"KYA!?" Heer screeched as everyone else busted out laughing, knowing that Prem, was joking and that Heer was not fat from any angle. Prem laughed out loud and ran as Heer raised her hand to hit him. "PREM I'M GOING TO KILL  YOU!!!!!" Heer yelled and chased him out the room.

As the elders laughed at their kids antics, Meher tugged Preet to get his attention. "Did you see Preet? We tried so hard to cheer up Heer di, but Prem bhai managed to distract her so easily from her worries." Meher mentioned with a soft smile, amazed at her Prem bhai's talent.

"I know I noticed it too. They may hate each other's guts...but I think deep down they care about each other...that's why PB couldn't see Heer didi sad." Preet agreed. Prem ran back in the room with Heer still chasing him. But this time around, Heer was laughing with Prem as she chased him around their parents.

It was such a wonderful sight to see. Two families connected with deep friendship...and their children to carry on that friendship onto the next generation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How was it? please comment!
JCluvs srk thumbnail

CHAPTER 7

"Arre bhaiyya kababs abhi tak serve kyon nahin huye? Agar Balraj ko pata lag gaya na tho bahut maar pari ghi" Lalit scolded one of the servers and dealt with the small crisis as the Sangeet ceremony started filling up with guests.

The Mann ballroom was decorated lavishly from top to bottom. Special purple orchids were flown in from Japan and cascaded down every corner with white lilies. Crystals glinted as it caught the light...the Manns' and the Junejas' left no leaf unturned tonight.

The couple of the night was standing in the front of the room, smiling as many guests came up and congratulated them. So how are the wedding preparations going?'' We can't wait for the wedding.'' You guys are meant for each other!'' Heer, what a beautiful outfit.''

Heer and Manmeet smiled and mingled with the guests. Heer was more of a natural at this, while Manmeet felt a little uncomfortable. The Sangeet ceremony had a lot of elite guests from Mumbai and Heer was more familiar with this crowd than he was. But he covered his nervousness well. Rich guest were the least of his worries tonight...

"Heer I really need to speak with you" Manmeet asked again. He tried to get a moment alone with her before the Sangeet started, but someone or the other kept on interrupting.

"Sure, what is it?" Heer replied, turning to him after another family walked away after congratulated them.

"Can we go somewhere private?" Manmeet asked.

Heer opened her mouth about to reply, but another family came up to congratulate them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Manmeet got the chance, he pulled Heer outside to the balcony for some privacy.

"Manmeet! What is so important that it can't wait until after the ceremony?" Heer asked, flushed that Manmeet dragged her away from the celebrations in front of everyone.

Manmeet let go of her hand and combed his hands through his hair, frustrated.

"Heer..." Manmeet let out a breath and tried again, "Heer...I really need to tell you something." Manmeet said again, in a calmer tone.

Heer placed a gentle hand on his arm, trying to sooth him "Hey...what's wrong?"

"Heer I've been trying to tell you something for some time now." Manmeet began, "It's about my basketball career..."

"Heer di!"

Heer and Manmeet turned to see Preet approach them, "Arre yaar romance karne ke liye puri zindagi pari hain...but you guys have to go inside. EVERYONE is looking for you" Preet voiced, completely oblivious to the serious atmosphere he interrupted.

"Preet! Please...two minutes" Manmeet asked, desperate.

"Yea Preet, we will be right there." Heer added, noticing how disturbed Manmeet looked.

"Oh ho...Can't stay away?" Preet nudged Manmeet's shoulder, teasing him. "But sorry guys...Teji maa will kill me if I don't bring you inside. " Preet concluded, ending all discussion, and ushered them towards the door.

Heer gave Manmeet an apologetic look as they went back to the ceremony. Manmeet, on the other hand, felt defeated. He just didn't know if there will ever be a good time to tell Heer.

Preet dragged Heer right smack in the middle of the dance floor. Heer laughed as Preet twirled her around and danced around her. Meher and Ashlesha joined and the girls intertwined their hands and spun around.

The seriousness from earlier forgotten, Heer laughed again and lost herself in the celebration.

Prem's gaze shifted from the gentleman he was speaking with to the dance floor when he heard laughter. His gaze transfixed for a moment...just a moment...on Heer as she danced, her smile brilliant and eyes twinkling. He watched her for a moment...happiness radiating from her.

When Prem heard his name being called, he broke out of his trance and turned back to the conversation. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a few hours after the last guests left the sangeet celebration. Heer went up to her room as everyone decided to call it a night. As Heer sat on her vanity chair and took off her earrings, she re-called Manmeet trying to speak to her again after the party ended.

Manmeet tried to take her to a more private area, but again was interrupted. This time by his own mother who seemed fatigued and wished to go home. Giving Heer a defeated look, Manmeet left with his family as Heer gave him an apologetic look.

What was it that was so important?'' Heer wondered, concern framing her face as she pushed away from her vanity chair. Manmeet looked so worried throughout the Sangeet. What was bothering him so much?''. All these questions played in Heer's mind as she now paced her bedroom floor. Not finding any peace, Heer decided to get some fresh air and headed for the garden.

Heer breathed in the cool air once she stepped outside. The chill hit her bare arms and caressed the lahenga around her. Rubbing her arms to ignite some warmth into them, Heer started walking towards her favorite place.

As Heer got closer to the lake, she noticed a silhouette sitting on the grass, throwing rocks into the lake. As she got closer, the silhouette became clearer, until she realized that it was Prem. He was still in his sherwani which he wore in the sangeet. Heer wondered if she should approach him. She did need to clear her head and pondered if she should quietly walk away and find another place to sort through her thoughts.

"Kya mein itna handsome lag raha hoon?" Prem's deep voice interrupted Heer's thoughts. Heer snapped awake and glared. "Oh hello...kaun kehta hai ke tum handsome ho?" Heer retaliated.

"College ke sari ladkiya" Prem replied smoothly, not breaking stride.

Heer rolled her eyes. "Mein tho nahin kehti." Heer retorted back.

"Tum ladki todi na ho." Prem responded, looking at Heer with a grin.

"Uff!" Heer breathed out, annoyed. She turned to leave as Prem laughed and called out to her.

"Heer! Arre rukho tho!" Prem chuckled. When Heer kept on walking Prem darted up and ran after her. "Arre sorry yaar!...I was just kidding." Prem said, getting a hold of Heer's arm to stop her. The innocent touch sent a shiver down her spine, but she blamed the chilly night air for that.

When Heer stopped, Prem lead her to a bench looking out to the rose garden.

"Prem you said you will stop being mean to me." Heer scolded, still irritated.

"No...I said I will try to limit it to twice a day" Prem retorted, "Now sit." He ordered before Heer made a smartass comeback.

When they sat, Prem let go of Heer's arm, ignoring the tingling sensation her smooth skin left on his fingertips. "Now tell me...what's bothering you?" Prem asked, his face turning serious.

Heer looked into his eyes, all signs of mischievousness gone. Knowing this man for 12 years, Heer has seen Prem in difficult situations, his gaze focused...ready to take on any problem. And that gaze was now directed at her.

"What makes you think something is wrong?" Heer responded, breaking her gaze from Prem.

"It is..." Prem looked down at his watch, "3:00am in the morning. You just finished your sangeet ceremony. It's been a hectic few days and you are dog tired...and instead of crashing in bed and sleeping...you are out here, still in your lehenga might I add." Prem stated, matter of factly.  

There was a moment of silence as Heer looked at Prem, and he simply waited patiently. Heer sighed, defeated, "Patha nahin...bas...ek ajeeb si becheyni mehsoos ho rahi hai..." Heer murmured, breaking eye contact and looking out at the garden.

Prem frowned as Heer got a distant look in her eyes. He has always seen Heer as a spitfire...temper at the tip of her nose and passion in her eyes. He has seen her eyes soft, so in love with Manmeet...he has even seen her eyes bright...happiness reflecting every time she is with family...determined...when she has to overcome a problem...but Prem has never seen Heer's eyes so distant...so...confused. She was so happy just a few hours ago on the dance floor.

Prem couldn't explain this feeling in his chest...the intense need to protect Heer he felt in that moment surprised him. " Kyon?" Prem asked, his voice a little husky with emotion, "Manmeet ne kuch kaha kya?"

Heer looked back and made eye contact with Prem again, "Wohi tho problem hai...he isn't saying anything." Heer responded, a little frustrated.

"I don't know...I just...feel like he has been stressed lately and I can't seem to do anything to help because he hasn't told me completely what's bothering him..." Heer spoke honestly, trying to make sense of the problem.

Prem didn't know what to say. This was new for them...to have an actual conversation and share problems. But he wanted to help her...that sense of protection returning...she was his freckle face after all.

"Tum kal college aa rahi ho?" Prem asked suddenly, an idea forming in his head.

Heer, taken back by the sudden change in conversation, replied, "Haan...kyon?"

"We have basketball practice tomorrow, I'll let Manmeet leave early and you can meet up with him...see if you can get him to talk." Prem suggested.

Heer blinked, surprised, "You'd do that?" she questioned, taken slightly aback that Prem would do something nice for her.

Prem smiled, "Ofcourse..." He replied gently, and then Heer saw it...the mischievous glint return, "And the sooner you guys talk the better for me...at least I won't have to be out here at 3:00am losing sleep."

Heer's jaw dropped, he really is the devil. Heer slapped Prem's arm as he burst out laughing. Previous mood forgotten, Heer huffed out a breath and got up from the bench to leave.

"Heer!" Prem called out a second time that night. "What!?" Heer roared turning, annoyed beyond belief as she placed her fisted hands on her waist.

"Ek baath kahoo...all jokes aside...?" Prem asked.

"Kya hai!?" Heer snapped. Prem looked at her. Her two piece lehenga cascading down her figure...rich dark hair surrounding her...moonlight reflecting off porcelain skin...annoyance flushing her cheeks.

For the second time that night, he remembered Heer dancing, her face glowing with so much happiness..."Aaj sach mein...bohut khoobsurat lag rahi ho." Prem said softly, a kind expression on his face. Heer blinked...surprised, not sure how to respond.

~...saiyyan...~

Prem smiled and turned to walk away in the other direction, not looking back.

~...saiyyan...~

Heer watched his retreating back, not sure what to do. She eventually made her way back to her room, changed, and got beneath her comforter. When Heer closed her eyes...she didn't realize that the uneasiness she felt earlier was gone...and she slept peacefully for the rest of the night.

~...saiyyan...~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how was it? did you like it? hate it? do you want to keep reading?

ananyaguptha thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice update enjoyed reading
Pls continue soon
Premeer scenes r nice
Hope they realise there feelings
Waiting for the wedding eagerly
Goldstar7 thumbnail
Very good update s.what up with this Manmeet? Think  he is not good guy may be already committed to someone else.
JCluvs srk thumbnail

CHAPTER 8

Preet dribbled and passed the ball to Manmeet, who then shot the ball and watched it bounce off the ring of the basket.

"Stop!" Prem ordered and the players broke away from the drill they were practicing and walked towards their captain. Manmeet gave a frustrated sigh and Preet put a sympathetic hand on his shoulder as they formed a circle around Prem.

The St. Xavier Tigers were at their usual practice after school. With their coach retired, Prem was in charge of keeping the players in shape until a new coach was assigned. Luckily their basketball season was over, and they would not be playing any games for a few months. But as captain, Prem had to make sure the team stayed in good condition until the new season started.

" Alright guys...this drill won't work unless someone makes that last shot." Prem reprimanded. He then looked at Manmeet, who was avoiding eye contact. Prem noticed that Manmeet's focus was off today, which is why he kept missing that last shot.

Prem then looked at his teammates, sweaty and starting to look a little tired from practicing the same drill for the last hour. "Let's take a water break...we'll revisit this in 15 minutes." Prem announced, feeling sympathetic.

As the players turned, Prem placed a hand on Manmeet's arm, holding him back as the rest walked away.

"Manmeet...where's your focus? You haven't made a single shot today." Prem asked, concern etched on his face.

Manmeet sighed again, "I'm sorry captain." Manmeet replied apologetically, "I just...have a lot going on in my head right now."

"Look, if you need to take some time off to sort things out...I'm ok with it. We are all here to help if you need it...but the team needs you 100% here when you are with them." Prem reasoned gently. As captain, it was Prem's job to lead the team to victory...but to also support each player when they needed it. That was the sign of a true leader.

Prem felt it then...a pull...a sensation he couldn't explain. Instinct forced him to glance at the gym doors. A few seconds passed...nothing...and then Heer walked in. Prem's brows came together, frowning. That was weird...'' Prem thought, unsure of what just happened.

Brushing off the feeling, Prem turned to Manmeet. "In fact, why don't you take off? Look, even Heer is here so it's perfect timing." Prem pointed out.

Manmeet turned to see where Prem was pointing and true enough, his fianc walked in and gave him a sweet smile. "Are you sure this is ok? I don't want to leave practice half way..." Manmeet asked hesitantly.

"Yea..." Prem encouraged, "Take some time to clear your head. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thank you." Manmeet replied, feeling grateful. They two men bumped fists and Manmeet turned towards the locker rooms for his belongings.

As Manmeet disappeared behind the locker room doors, Heer turned to Prem and caught his gaze. Their eyes held for a moment...an understanding passed between them. The kind of understanding that you have with people you grew up with.

Heer gave Prem a small smile. A genuine smile. Grateful for what he just did. Prem nodded, acknowledging Heer, then turned towards his players and called out another drill.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Heer sipped her tea as she sat across from Manmeet in the college coffee shop. After Manmeet changed from his practice clothes, he met her and both walked to the coffee shop for some private time. It was after school hours so the shop was practically empty, giving them the privacy they needed. 

Heer waited patiently as Manmeet stared down at his coffee. He avoided eye contact and Heer could tell his mind was occupied. He would start to say what was bothering him, and then change the topic...like he couldn't form into words what needed to be said.

Heer sighed, "What's wrong Manmeet?" she asked, a little frustrated. "You tried to tell me something at the sangeet and now that we have the time you aren't saying anything. What has gotten into you these past few weeks?" Heer asked outright, tired of tip toeing around.  

"I've just had a lot on my mind alright." Manmeet snapped back, and regretted the words instantly as he watched Heer's eyes ice over and she stands up to leave.

"I'm sorry!" Manmeet yelped, standing abruptly and blocking Heer's path. "Please..I just..." Manmeet sighed, not sure how to approach his dilemma.

"Ok" Manmeet let out a long breath to catch his bearings. He then placed his hands on Heer's arms and looked into her eyes, "If I had to tell you...that I need to leave for some time...what would you say?" Manmeet finally asked, his words holding weight.

Heer gazed deeply into Manmeet's eyes, the eyes of her beloved. He was nervous to ask her this...she felt it...and her eyes softened as she felt her frustration from earlier melt away.

"Toh mein kehti ke jao...fikar mat karna...mein yahaan sab sabmal loongi. Bas...humari shaadi tak aa jaana." Heer replied gently. Her hands then curved gently over his, "Manmeet...where do you have to go?"

Manmeet gazed back at Heer, her eyes filled with so much care and understanding. She didn't even know where he had to go, she simply supported him blindly. He knew in his heart what needed to be done. He loved her.

"No where..." Manmeet replied softly, pulling Heer into his arms. "I'm not going anywhere...I love you." he murmured as he felt Heer return his embrace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Manmeet entered his modest apartment and went straight to his mother's room. After his father's death, the responsibility of the his mother and younger sister fell on his shoulders. Manmeet never complained, however. He stepped into the role of a dutiful son and fulfilled his role wholeheartedly.

Manmeet slowly opened his mother's bedroom and saw the sleeping figure. Not wanting to wake her, Manmeet closed the door as gently as possible. He then saw his little sister approach him from the corner of his eye.

"Maa neh dawaii leh li?" Manmeet asked his sister and he turned away from the now closed door.

"Yes bhai...She was complaining of some discomfort earlier, but took her medication and was able to fall asleep." His sister replied.

"Ok...I will check on her again after a few hours. Go and sleep...it's getting late." Manmeet replied, and made his way to his own bedroom.

Once inside, he rummaged through his study desk and found the letter he was searching for. He read over the words again. he must have read these words a thousand times...but he did it again tonight.

It was an offer letter, to join an international basketball team and play professionally. When the recruiter contacted him at the end of the championship game, he couldn't believe his ears. They wanted him...it's been his dream to play professionally since a little boy.

This would open so many doors...Manmeet would have a set career and not have to worry about his families expenses. He would not have to worry about his mother's health problems. If he signed this contract, he would not only get a hefty start up bonus payment, but he would also be gifted a new flat...a placed where his family lived comfortably.

But there was a catch. Manmeet read the last few lines in the letter. He had to leave for training by the end of this week...to Europe. His wedding to Heer was in just a few days.

His mind made, Manmeet placed the letter back on his desk and dialed a number on his cellphone.

"Manmeet" the aged voice on the other end of the link answered, "I'm so glad to hear from you."

"Hello Sir..." Manmeet began hesitantly, "I'm sorry...but I'm going to have to decline your offer."

There was a pause on the other side, "Are you sure Manmeet? You are very very talented young man...and this is a once in a lifetime opportunity." The gentleman on the other end voiced.

Manmeet closed his eyes, knowing he needs to do the right thing. "I'm sure sir...I'm getting married...and I just can't leave to Europe on such short notice. Thank you so much for your offer." Manmeet concluded, ending the phone call with a heavy heart.

Manmeet turned to see a picture of him and Heer, happily smiling at the camera. He did the right thing...he knew he did the right thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prem tested the last of the lights hanging from the ballroom ceiling. It was 2 days before the big wedding and Mann mansion was in full frenzy preparing for the big day. Satisfied with how the lights looked, cascading down the ceiling, Prem turned to see Meher give him a thumbs up. She then looked at the check list she was holding and crossed off lights from the things to do.

"Arre Meher beta, good that I found you." Balraj rushed in, "Can you please go give this to Heer? Manish just dropped it off and I need to speak to the caterers again." Balraj said hastily while handing Manish Malhotra's designer bridal outfit to his youngest daughter.

"Papa I need to check the flowers before they start assembling the center pieces." Meher then turned to Prem, "Bhaiyya please, can you take this up to Heer di's room?" Meher asked, handing the outfit to Prem, not waiting for an answer.

"Arre lekin..." Prem started, but looked to see both Balraj uncle and Meher's retreating backs. Prem then started down at the bridal gown he was holding, hesitant. He hasn't been up to Heer's room ever since their bed incident.

Prem looked around the now empty ballroom, not sure what to do. Ummm...'' Prem looked down again at the bridal gown...and then mentally slapped himself. Ugh! It was nothing Prem! Just an accident...won't happen again.'' Prem scolded himself in his mind. He took in a deep breath, exhaled...and then made his way to Heer's room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prem stood in front of the closed door that led to Heer's bedroom, awkwardly staring at it. Why did he feel so nervous? They have been in the same room alone before...and this wouldn't be the first time he was alone with her after THAT incident on her bed...then why was he hesitating?

He didn't want something like that to happen again. Yea...that's why he was feeling nervous to enter. He didn't want things to get awkward between Heer and him like last time. He preferred their usual relationship...he makes fun of her...she gets mad...he pokes more fun...she hits him.

With that in mind, he entered Heer's bedroom without knocking...he never knocked...it was one of the many habits of his which annoyed Heer. Prem felt relief wash over him when he saw three pairs of eyes turn towards him.

The eyes of the elder women held immense love and adoration for the gentleman that stepped in. The last pair of almond eyes flickered with annoyance.

"Prem, how many times do I have to tell you...knock kiya karo." Heer hissed as her frenemy walked in like he owned the room.

"Heer, be nice." Teji scolded for the millionth time as Gayatri just shook her head in defeat. Their eldest children will never get along with each other. You would think that after all these years there would be some change to their relationship...nope...no change at all.  

"What's yours is mine...why this discrimination?" Prem replied smoothly, which caused Heer to throw a pillow at him. He dodged in easily and continued, "Yeh saab kya hai?" Prem asked, as he entered further into the room and looked down at the countless sets of jewelry which were sprawled over Heer's bed.

"We are trying to decide which set Heer should wear for the wedding ceremony." Gayatri replied, picking up a heavy gold necklace to examine it.

"Prem beta, tu batha naa...khaunsi wali Heer pe acchi lagi gi?" Teji asked, making room for Prem to sit on the bed.

Before Heer could protest, Prem replied, "Teji maa I know nothing about jewelry, I just came to drop off Heer's wedding outfit." Just then, Heer noticed that Prem was holding a lehenga neatly pressed on a hanger.

She felt excitement climb up her spine as Prem gently placed it down on her bed. Teji and Gayatri gushed at its beauty. The color was a deep red...the same red you found in the rarest of roses. The material soft...smooth...and the intricate working hand stitched. Heer simply reached out and traced a finger over the delicate material.

Prem watched Heer...he observed her stunned expression...the softening of her features. He continued to watch her as Teji pulled Heer from the bed and sat her down in front of the vanity mirror. Gayatri then placed the ghoonghat over Heer's head.

The gorgeous design traced Heer's face and floated around her, the deep color contrasting against her jet black hair and radiant skin. Heer stared at her reflection in the mirror, she was a bride...and she was marrying the love of her life. Heer cast her eyes downwards...a blush creeping up her cheeks.

Prem watched the emotions play on Heer's face. There was...a softness to her. Eyes downcast...skin rosy...shy smile...she was so in love. Prem felt something shift inside him...he didn't know what...but there was a tightening in his chest he didn't understand in that moment. He felt himself move without thinking.

Prem's gaze shifted to the different jewelry sets displayed on the bed, and he saw one that stood out. It was a beautiful diamond set with an intricate design. Red and green gemstones set delicately on the diamonds, giving it a splash of color.

Without thinking, Prem lifted the necklace and walked until he stood behind Heer. Teji and Gayatri slightly stepped back as Heer's gaze met Prem's in the mirror. No one said a word...and the air around the room stirred.

~Banke maala prem ki tere tan pe jhar jhar jaaoo...~  

Prem placed the necklace around Heer's neck, his hands going around and clasping the hook, his fingers slightly grazing her skin...never breaking eye contact. Heer's round doe eyes held Prem's golden ones...neither was able to look away...

~Baithoo naiya preet ki...Sansaar se thar jaaoo...~

"Yeh wali acchi hai..." Prem murmured, his fingers lingering over the hook a little while longer before he adjusted the ghoonghat around Heer's face. Heer's eyes flickered to the diamond set around her neck for a moment and then shifted back to hold Prem's gaze again. The air around them changed from a gentle stir to a spark...it intensified...it electrified...

~Tere pyaar se tar jaaoo... ~

This is it. This is the set Heer will wear on her wedding day. It was the perfect choice. She knew it was the perfect choice...

Prem was the first to break eye contact. He stepped back, not sure what had gotten into him, and left the room without a word. Heer watched his retreating back. Once he was gone, she gently touched the necklace around her neck, and continued to look at it through the mirror.

A look passed between Teji and Gayatri, not sure what they should make of the moment they just witnessed.

~Saiyyan...~  

Jugni opened her eyes as she stirred from sleep. A smile adorned her aged face. "Arre Jugni...tu utt kyon gayi?" another elderly lady, dressed in traditional rajasthani attire, asked.

"Kuch nahin...tu soh jaa" Jugni responded, her smile not leaving her face. Jugni then turned to look up at the sky. Her smile brightened. Something was happening...she felt it in her veins...something was happening...

With a knowing look, Jugni turned and closed her eyes to go back to sleep.

Saiyyan... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Hope you guys are liking it so far! please leave comments! the wedding is approaching so stay tuned 😉
Goldstar7 thumbnail
Waiting for marriage of PH , M can leave for Europe asap.