Shows that you think are Overrated? - Page 5

Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by BeingBlunt

But if you are also talking about foreign shows its GOT.  Will never ever get hype about a show that is basically p**n with a storyline. πŸ₯±
Storyline is incestuous too , everyone is related to everyone , will never get the hype about that show !
Edited by ItsArohi - 5 years ago
Almost every show that tops the charts , presently the two horrible Bhagyas , Kumkum & Kundali 
Also Kulfi Kumar Banjewala or something , shows child abuse 
Naagin , a Joke itself
Shakti , mocked the transgenders 
Ishqbaaz ( not only IB , but almost all Gul Khan shows )  , male lead's abusing the female leads which seems romantic to some 

Saathiya(absolutely hated that show), yeh rishta ( can't understand how are ppl not bored of it till now) & the twin Bhagyas ( only God knows how they top charts all the time )
Originally posted by Samaina12

ask me about ipkknd season 1. University hostel ke tv room mein it used to be so crowded at 7 30 pm and we would have squeeze in ourselves into the hostel mess and mess and tv room were attached.  never understood the.hype of that show though.
Lol..yes. It was crazy at that time. Some friends of mine would fantasise themselves with Barun .. eeks 
And my mom is no less than an IF fangirl.. she can't hear anything against this show and the leads..for her its the best show ever, the actors are best ever , story is best ever ..everything. I am scared to criticize it even a bit infront of her πŸ˜† 
Originally posted by BeingBlunt

<font size="3" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#9933ff">Only Indian shows ?πŸ˜›</font>
<font size="3" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#9933ff">There are a lot of them.πŸ˜† Biggest one being DMG.</font>

<font size="3" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#9933ff">But if you are also talking about foreign shows its GOT. Will never ever get hype about a show that is basically p**n with a storyline.πŸ₯±</font>

I always liked Mjht over Dmg tbh. As for GOT i have not seen it so can't comment.

Originally posted by HoLiEr.ThN.tHoU

I wouldn't term the trp oppers as overrated..as they are bashed left right and center everywhere
Overrated shows are those which have huge fan following but I don't get the hype. Example, IPKKND, Madhubala. Never found these to be great shows just strictly mediocre but look at their fan following! Honestly, I wonder what is so great about IPK.. even my mom is a blind fan of that show so much so that she even watched the ultra crap IPK3 coz of Barun.

I have seen ipk1,2,3 but only few episodes of each season. I actually think ipk2 was better than 1 and let's not talk about ipk3, the storyline was crap but Braun/Shivani had great chemistry.

Madhubala ky bhi kuch epis dekhe thy but didn't liked it either.
Originally posted by _Bitchaari_Bahu

Then put in the newer ones like Bepanah, Silsila Badalte something which glorifies extra marital affairs, ishqbaz which glorifies male leads abusing the female leads. Yet these shows have crazy fan following just because of their popular leads.. who turns a blind eye to the ridiculous story lines.

Honestly, I have stopped watching tv for about a year now.. dont follow any of these new shows like bepannah silsila etc but I did watch Ishqbaaz for a year since it started. Now i regret the time I wasted. 
The only recent show that I watched online and really liked was Ye Un dino ki baat hai .. but even that got boring after about 150 episodes. I think the only way to improve content in ITV is to make finite shows with say 50 or 100 epis. Make it compact, engaging , and say the story you want and then end it. But what can be done if audience isn't willing to accept anything new other than rishtas, naagins , bhagyas. A show like POW came and went without a notice. 
I m yet to see a show which is not overrated. People who create shows are overrated too. 
Originally posted by BhataktiJawani

I have seen ipk1,2,3 but only few episodes of each season. I actually think ipk2 was better than 1 and let's not talk about ipk3, the storyline was crap but Braun/Shivani had great chemistry.

Madhubala ky bhi kuch epis dekhe thy but didn't liked it either.
I didnt watch any of the IPKs πŸ˜† at that time, the only show I liked was pyar ka dard hai.. which didn't have manhandling etc and was a progressive show better than most others. It wasn't great but atleast good. It didn't have much popularity coz most people didn't like the lead couple.. but I liked them and the story was a bit different from usual and refreshing before it was ruined as well. 
I tried to watch IPK many times but I didn't like Barun's mumbling voice and sanaya's OTT expressions. 

Didnt get the courage to watch IPK3 after reading about the storyline and seeing the costumes etc.. but mom used to watch.. and I would roll my eyes

And Madhubala.. It was nothing great either.  Too unrealistic and dramatic storyline.. why the hell would a Superstar marry a lower middle class girl whatever be the reason? πŸ˜†Also Vivian 's 2 expression face was far from my liking. I liked Drashti tho and her chemistry with Vivian..

What else do u find overrated Hadia 😊 
Each and every show that goes past say 10-15 episodes minimum, max 50. It's all pukey depressey after that. 
That bloody kasuti relaod ka promos dekh / sun ke hi I get anxiety attack / depressed πŸ˜† what torture the original used to be, dinner time and you had to be der while it was going on. 🀣 sigh