Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
A victim of domestic violence is drawn to someone who loves her, I don't think someone going through trauma of marriage will fall for her preferred sex in one week, Mauli loves Nandini too but she's very much heterosexual, when you need love you take it from anyone, why would a victim be choosy? like "Yes, Mauli loves me but I can't sleep with her because I prefer man because I am heterosexual so Kunal will do"
That's not how it goes, love doesn't always mean romance, it can be platonic too
Alohomora_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Reemz*

The writers should've taken care of 2 things; one they should've given KuNan more meaningful scenes where they actually have full-fledged conversations so the attraction/love makes sense. Here, Kunal has saved her a few times which is an extremely noble deed no doubt but what do they know about each other? Nandini saw Kunal through Mauli's eyes, her best friends husband. It seems like she's fallen for the next guy who has treated her right. Now they both seem all restless around each other and I don't really get it or connect to it. 

I agree and disagree here.I agree on the point that they should have had more meaningful scenes.and conversations.I disagree with you wherein you say that Nandini saw him through Mauli's eyes.NO! She saw him through her own eyes- the very same eyes that looked for love,looked for affection but what it saw was nothing close. And about falling for the next guy who treated her right- isnt it understandable ? This was something she always wanted in her man. Kunal co incidentally happened to be the first man she met after Rajdeep who treated her so right and with so much respect.This was all she ever desired for but was deprived of it completely .To me it seems very understandable and natural the way Nandini's progression has been shown. This was the man she admired and deep down these were the qualities that were attracting her to him. I connect with her from whatever I have seen. 

Secondly, as you've mentioned Mauli has done much more than Kunal has. I read a comment once which said Mauli cares so much for Nandini it's like she bleeds for her when the latter is hurt. Nandini should be strong enough to use that to move forward. The writers are kind of showing that she basically needs a man to keep going. She held on to Rajdeep as much as she could and now she seems to be madly in love with Kunal. That does make her look weak.

No she isnt holding onto anybody now! Infact they have shown the complete opposite of that.With Rajdeep they showed her tackling him alone when she went back to give her mangalsutra to him. She went alone,gave him a piece of her mind and came back much like a hero. The second time she came in a saviour herself for Kunal when she saved him from the police and spoke against Rajdeep to them .This was the second time she stood up for herself without anybody's help. When the boys first eve teased her she gave them back initially all by herself but was too stunned when the group came attacking her and went into shock. The thing is they definitely can show Nandini even now fighting all by herself but that would be too quick given she has mostly been meek and is just beginning to grow stronger and sprout her wings.Overnight transitions would look artificial and out of place so a more gradual journey would make sense perhaps? 

Edited by Alohomora_ - 5 years ago
Alohomora_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: DracarysTrio

A victim of domestic violence is drawn to someone who loves her, I don't think someone going through trauma of marriage will fall for her preferred sex in one week, Mauli loves Nandini too but she's very much heterosexual, when you need love you take it from anyone, why would a victim be choosy? like "Yes, Mauli loves me but I can't sleep with her because I prefer man because I am heterosexual so Kunal will do"
That's not how it goes, love doesn't always mean romance, it can be platonic too

Except that it isnt a week really.It's been more than 2 months now! And your last line makes no sense. How do you want to sleep with or feel attracted to the same sex if you are straight?  Isnt it obvious to feel attracted to the opposite sex if you are a straight hetero person? Thats like asking all hetero people hey why are you so choosy about feeling for the opposite sex.Why not prefer your own sex?
FruitToasty thumbnail
Let me put it in a better way
I am a foodie, I love food but if I go without food for a month or if I am starving, I will eat anything, even something that I hate, I will eat it because right now it's not about the taste, I can't be choosy when it comes to a thing that I have deprived of for so long
I don't find it a norm that Nandini falls for Kunal because she was deprived of love, because Mauli was closer to Nandini and Mauli loves her too, unless Nandini wants only a man to take care of her, that's a different thing altogether and that's where I think she's wrong, she wants a man for herself, even if the man is married to a woman who has done so much for her
FruitToasty thumbnail
I am a heterosexual and trust me I do love women around me, I love my mom, I love my sister, I love my bestie, I love men as well even though I don't want to sleep with them, you have more platonic relationships than carnal relationships in your life, I love my brother, I love my father, I love my male friends but do I wanna sleep with them? Hell no
Why is the concept of platonic relationship so far fetched? Love isn't only romantic, love isn't only about physical relationship, it is much deeper, love is when Mauli fights Rajdeep for Nandini, but I bet Mauli is in no way interested in sleeping with NandiniEdited by DracarysTrio - 5 years ago
Alohomora_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: DracarysTrio

Let me put it in a better way
I am a foodie, I love food but if I go without food for a month or if I am starving, I will eat anything, even something that I hate, I will eat it because right now it's not about the taste, I can't be choosy when it comes to a thing that I have deprived of for so long
I don't find it a norm that Nandini falls for Kunal because she was deprived of love, because Mauli was closer to Nandini and Mauli loves her too, unless Nandini wants only a man to take care of her, that's a different thing altogether and that's where I think she's wrong, she wants a man for herself, even if the man is married to a woman who has done so much for her

Are we now going to compare our sexual preferences with food choices now? That is the most bizare comparison I have ever read. And she doesnt want the man for herself yet,its mostly sttill the feelings phase. Wanting someone to take care of her as a friend and seeing your partner in someone are two different things. A partner is someone who is emotionally and sexually involved with tou.how is it possible for her to have those kind of feeling for Mouli?
FruitToasty thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Reemz*

The writers should've taken care of 2 things; one they should've given KuNan more meaningful scenes where they actually have full-fledged conversations so the attraction/love makes sense. Here, Kunal has saved her a few times which is an extremely noble deed no doubt but what do they know about each other? Nandini saw Kunal through Mauli's eyes, her best friends husband. It seems like she's fallen for the next guy who has treated her right. Now they both seem all restless around each other and I don't really get it or connect to it.

Secondly, as you've mentioned Mauli has done much more than Kunal has. I read a comment once which said Mauli cares so much for Nandini it's like she bleeds for her when the latter is hurt. Nandini should be strong enough to use that to move forward. The writers are kind of showing that she basically needs a man to keep going. She held on to Rajdeep as much as she could and now she seems to be madly in love with Kunal. That does make her look weak.

I don't know about fault or blame tbh but I wouldn't blame one more than the other for sure. They're still going to end up the person they love the most

I am a Feminist, I won't blame a man more than woman, when both are doing same thing, Nandini is victim of abuse but just because she went through so much does not mean she gets a free pass to hurt people around her, I treat men and women equally so I am blaming both Nandini and Kunal equally for breaking or hurting someone like Mauli
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

The fact that KuNan didn't have many alone scenes kind of also shows that she saw Kunal for how he was with Mauli too. Yes he saved her from taunts and I think that's where it got all majorly triggered for her. If we think about it, about a month or so ago she was desperately trying to stay in Rajdeeps life even if he abused her but now she's hopelesly clinging on to Kunal. The writers should've given it more time, more scenes so the connection made more sense. Also, in today's time especially we need to show that a woman doesn't need a man. They're showing the opposite with Nandini but having said that I hope she does move out at some point.

My problem isn't as much about her feeling for Kunal, it's how they've progressed it without a solid foundation.
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I saw today's SBB segment and Kunal & nandini are acting like they've been in love forever and are so overwhelmed. Where did that amount of love come from?

The writers should've given us significantly more than they have done.
FruitToasty thumbnail
I am not comparing sexual preference with food choice, I am saying sexual preference should not play a role when you need love, like after months of starvation you won't be choosy if you are vegetarian and you can't eat meat, hell you'll eat whatever comes your way, love doesn't mean having sex, considering the fact that human can love many people but they don't have sex with everyone on their way
If Nandini needs love AND sex then I understand her falling for Kunal and I agree that she can totally cross Mauli because Mauli won't sleep with her