Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by: luckySnow

Ek ek ek vachan porus Ka Tod Raha hai Alexander ...CVS  now yes I too think battle will be won by Alexander...because they are now using name sikandar a lot. Sikandar can't lose
 The name has feel of invincibility to it. I am sure Alexander ko bhi sabhi Indians jante hi Hain...but sikandar carries more weight in subcontinent...just like his name iskandar in middle East...When you say Sikandar you say winner 

Yeah, they kind of indirectly have a responsibility to respect the name and the legend of Alexander. He wasn't given the title of The Great for no reason. Also, let's not forget that this show is being aired in many countries. I'm not sure those audiences would like or accept to see Alexander lose the war. 😕
inlieu thumbnail

Jo bhi kaho sid Tiwari ko...usne Alexander ko itna bhi barbaad Nahin Kiya hai...yes that illusion killing of olympias was way too much and killing of baby also...yet Alexander has been protected by CVS in some way or other...

Look, I've always felt that some of the writers are secretly fascinated by Alexander and his tracks so no matter how hard SidT might want to demonize him, his dialogues, actions, and even the way his scenes are filmed show so much care and love for this character.

Take the recent example of Alexander's visit to Dasyulok. He went there to make friends with the dushman of his dushman, which is obviously an important move against PR, but look at the way the CVs showcased his arrival by boat, his walk on the pier, his dialogues and interaction with the Dasyu rulers and his parting message. How fabulous was that episode! There was so much care taken with those scenes and Rohit didn't disappoint of course. 👏  

Even when you look at the PR vs. Farsi battle and compare it with Alexander's "small" fight with the Thracian king, there is a huge difference in the quality and the care. 

After all, Alexander ki shakhsiyat hi kuch aisi hai. 

I don't know if the CVs intended for Alexander's character to become so popular, but Rohit just stole everyone's thunder. And now Sameksha is doing that too. 😆
Vaishnavi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: inlieu

Look, I've always felt that some of the writers are secretly fascinated by Alexander and his tracks so no matter how hard SidT might want to demonize him, his dialogues, actions, and even the way his scenes are filmed show so much care and love for this character.

Take the recent example of Alexander's visit to Dasyulok. He went there to make friends with the dushman of his dushman, which is obviously an important move against PR, but look at the way the CVs showcased his arrival by boat, his walk on the pier, his dialogues and interaction with the Dasyu rulers and his parting message. How fabulous was that episode! There was so much care taken with those scenes and Rohit didn't disappoint of course. 👏  

Even when you look at the PR vs. Farsi battle and compare it with Alexander's "small" fight with the Thracian king, there is a huge difference in the quality and the care. 

After all, Alexander ki shakhsiyat hi kuch aisi hai. 

I don't know if the CVs intended for Alexander's character to become so popular, but Rohit just stole everyone's thunder. And now Sameksha is doing that too. 😆

Yes! Exactly! 😉 I always liked the Macedonian part more because of its fabulous presentation even when I watched the show neutrally. CVs love Rohit for sure! Even the editing of his scenes is excellent. All of his emoting subtleties are covered with appropriate camera angles. This is so weird that we being Indians are preferring to see more of him. 😆 This has never ever happened with other historicals I ever saw no matter how much of the family drama the hero's story included or how better the villain acted as compared to the hero. But in this show, Alexander has fascinated us so much! After all, this is Alexander the Great! ⭐️ 
My favourite part of that episode was when Alexander asserted 'Meri shakhsiyat hi kuch aisi hai' to the spellbound Dasyu Royals, he looked so much classy and sassy!! Uff.. that SWAG!! 🥳
Edited by Vaishnavi_ - 5 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Is that really so? What do they say and where do they say it? He is a great disappointment here, and it is comforting to know that it is not just the few of us who feel that way.

Shyamala Aunty

QUOTE=luckySnow]I am happy that no-one is liking this thug. Everywhere most people are hating him. He isn't what Chankya really was...[/QUOTE]
sashashyam thumbnail
This is the real danger. Those handling such very great historical characters should have more of a sense of responsibility.
Shyamala Aunty 

Originally posted by: inlieu

I like Chetan Pandit a lot, but I want Chanakya to go because I can't stand seeing his character being messed up more and more as time passes. 

People who've never watched other shows about Chanakya or don't know much about him are going to get the wrong impression if they believe what they see on this show. 

sashashyam thumbnail
This is an excellent point. It had not occurred to me, but I am sure you are correct. The very word Sikandar does have the feel of invincibility to it.

Shyamala Aunty

Ek ek ek vachan porus Ka Tod Raha hai Alexander ...CVS  now yes I too think battle will be won by Alexander...because they are now using name sikandar a lot. Sikandar can't lose
 The name has feel of invincibility to it. I am sure Alexander ko bhi sabhi Indians jante hi Hain...but sikandar carries more weight in subcontinent...just like his name iskandar in middle East...When you say Sikandar you say winner 

Edited by sashashyam - 5 years ago
inlieu thumbnail
@Vaishnavi
Well said! Like Alexander, Rohit beat all odds to come out on top. He has always been outnumbered in terms of screen time and tracks, but look at how he fought his way out. I am quite sure Rohit made up his mind early on to grab this chance and really make the role his own with every single second onscreen backed by hundreds of hours of effort offscreen. 👏 

Yes, he is handsome, but there are many actors in this show and elsewhere who are. He knows how to use every single part of his body to great effect to create the right sensory impact in terms of what we viewers see, hear, and feel. 

I totally agree on the editing of his scenes being top notch. The camera and he love each other and you can see that he uses space very well. I also think he uses his experience working with Ashutosh Gowarikar on Jodha Akbar really well to understand the behind the camera aspects and give his performances that edge. 

If you notice, Rohit is shorter than a lot of the actors in the show so he is always looking up at them. However, he still maintains his kingly stance and never for a second looks anything less than royal with his head tilted up. In fact, it highlights his jawline, nose, and the narrowing of his eyes even better. Whether he was looking at Dasyuraj or Dasyurani, he still had the air of the one in control of the whole situation and commanded everyone's attention and respect immediately. The Dasyus following him reminded me of the Pied Piper story. 😃

And let's not forget that the background score used for him is something else altogether. The angry theme is my favorite but I also like the recently used gentler Alexander score. Just look at the camera angle, pacing, and music used when he was climbing up the stairs in Dasyulok as first his head and then the rest of his body appeared. Rohit's posture was spot on! It was all in the dark, yet it had a magical effect. 

I also feel as if the writers responsible for Alexander's lines are different from those in the PR tracks. There is often so much poetry and beauty in what he usually says that I don't find with other characters. Of course Rohit articulates them very well, but he is also usually given quote-worthy lines that he delivers in such a powerful way that it turns a regular scene into something extraordinary. 

Meri shakhsiyat hi kuch aisi hai will remain one of my all-time favorites on this show, especially when you consider the situation. I would be spellbound too if I were one of the Dasyus witnessing His Majesty Emperor Alexander like that. 

Edited by inlieu - 5 years ago
inlieu thumbnail
Yeah, I've always heard "Jo jeeta wohi Sikandar" since I was a kid and it has been imprinted on my mind as millions of other childrens' too I'm sure. 

Originally posted by: sashashyam

This is an excellent point. It had not occurred to me, but I am sure you are correct. The very word Sikandar does have the feel of invincibility to it.

Shyamala Aunty