Rules & Announcements

Enforcing Https to make the site Secure

vijay Admin Group
vijay
vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 2:16am | IP Logged
Hi All,
As many of you must be knowing that earlier we had enabled HTTPS for our site but it was left optional as we suspected that it might slow down the site but with faster server hardware in place we are now enforcing that all our users browse our site completely on HTTPS.

This makes the site more secure and prevents man in the middle attacks. It will also prevent greedy ISPs who inject their ad script on http sites and risk their users at the expense of us as the user feels we are injecting those ads. 

Apart from this a lot of changes coming your way in form of our revamped site which we are beta testing with selected group of members and so far we have received very positive feedback.

We will also be starting Beta testing for our official India Forums Android native app soon. Work on the iOS app is also progressing well and we should be able to launch both of them in September.

Happy and Safe Surfing... 

Regards

The following 72 member(s) liked the above post:

SaranyashreeMilky-WayRadika2007MahaSrilumeenadsouzaSutapasimaPJayaVeda1125Amru4krishdiksha710-Siaa-MetisTonsOfWisheshutanbandarvasavi_sriSonatiaItsArohiShirishaTeddySonserina_ReinaMissPhalangeBlack_ManiacHend_Refaieufara_naghmmeshmeshAdiya45thilssRamonaGallizzwellannihilationcute.manasiPristineSoul-Nags-well-wisherajeebhotumdeeps07Subha_2601Namzie1226sashashyamBeingFoodieRadhikeraniDreamyButterflyHrideyy.26Anjali33Tahsu09TC_FAsirimiriTris007coffeebuffLuv_PaRiAnShParAnJasorion23war_is_peaceawidaInCenDiaSilverrmoonHeyDeviMaiyyalovely_nikkiKoeli_Appybhavisprincy48Sevenstreaksvrinda22NandiniRaizadaameenachemsunaina02Swetha-SaiMysticRiverromailaThabassum19xAishuuuxLeprechaunLianaa

eufara_naghm IF-Rockerz
eufara_naghm
eufara_naghm

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 2:27am | IP Logged
Can't say I understood half of itROFL...but it must be goodSmile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vijaythilssits-alexandriteHend_RefaiSevenstreaks

Sutapasima Coolbie
Sutapasima
Sutapasima

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 2:48am | IP Logged
Vijay sir ,

I am happy to know you are working for the betterment of our home .

Am waiting for our renovated new home patiently ...  .

Please do inform me in case any helping hands are needed. 

I loved the huge banners, better Page lay out  and the bigger pictures, complete  segregation of movies, TV and forums    in Beta Indiaforums .
The display/resolution is much better  and with amazingly superfast speed  ... 

hope once its in full use there will not be any Ads appearing in the middle of our posts and PMs 

please do add new emoticons .. we have been waiting for them for ages now 

Edited by Sutapasima - 10 August 2018 at 11:11pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

vijay-Siaa-TonsOfWisheshutanbandareufara_naghmHend_RefaiAdiya45sashashyamwar_is_peaceInCenDiaBeingBluntprincy48Sevenstreaks

Swetha-Sai IF-Addictz
Swetha-Sai
Swetha-Sai

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 3:06am | IP Logged
Dear VB,
Glad to know that your working towards the betterment of your website IF.

Hope you have found out a way to upload Images / Gif directly to IF website.. through your website and through IF mobile apps.

Looking forward to IF Android / iOS App! Approve

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

vijayMissy_08-Siaa-TonsOfWishesAdiya45war_is_peacesashashyamInCenDiaNandiniRaizadaaprincy48Sevenstreaks

eufara_naghm IF-Rockerz
eufara_naghm
eufara_naghm

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 3:13am | IP Logged

I did some research and now I've a idea what this is about...Approve
I wanna say something too
U see bhai when we CENTER a post from our mobile something weird happens with it...ummm here is a post reference for it

This is not the exact post as I can't copy that one's url...Ouch
The previous of this post is the problematic one...you see if we just edit and update it again the prob goes away but sometimes can't edit it

I did that with this post too

Edited by vijay - 10 August 2018 at 3:57am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

InCenDiaMasoomaBukhari

Milky-Way Groupbie
Milky-Way
Milky-Way

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 3:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

Hi All,
As many of you must be knowing that earlier we had enabled HTTPS for our site but it was left optional as we suspected that it might slow down the site but with faster server hardware in place we are now enforcing that all our users browse our site completely on HTTPS.

This makes the site more secure and prevents man in the middle attacks. It will also prevent greedy ISPs who inject their ad script on http sites and risk their users at the expense of us as the user feels we are injecting those ads. 

Apart from this a lot of changes coming your way in form of our revamped site which we are beta testing with selected group of members and so far we have received very positive feedback.

We will also be starting Beta testing for our official India Forums Android native app soon. Work on the iOS app is also progressing well and we should be able to launch both of them in September.

Happy and Safe Surfing... 

Regards

Really welcome the move of making the site https. Internet has become extremely insecure nowadays. Malicious sites can anytime steal our data. Its really good that this site will be secure now and users can use it without any fear.Clap

Edited by vijay - 10 August 2018 at 4:01am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Siaa-TonsOfWishessashashyamSwetha-Sai

MasoomaBukhari IF-Addictz
MasoomaBukhari
MasoomaBukhari

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 3:37am | IP Logged
That is really good to know that IF will be getting HTTPS Thumbs Up
Plus an android app is much needed with a condition of being user friendly.
I really hope the revamped website does not get the database messed up losing old forums and posts which are about 10+ years old

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

vijayRadika2007-Siaa-TonsOfWishesAdiya45sashashyamprincy48SevenstreaksSwetha-Sai

vijay Admin Group
vijay
vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 3:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by eufara_naghm

I did some research and now I've a idea what this is about...Approve
I wanna say something too
U see bhai when we CENTER a post from our mobile something weird happens with it...ummm here is a post reference for it

This is not the exact post as I can't copy that one's url...Ouch
The previous of this post is the problematic one...you see if we just edit and update it again the prob goes away but sometimes can't edit it

I did that with this post too

Will certainly look into it so that we can fix the issue.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

eufara_naghmSwetha-Sai

Go to top