NOVEL~*Hiding behind a Stranger*~THREAD 47~Teaser CHAPTER 52

Posted: 5 years ago

Prologue 

Three Great Emperors had toiled hard to build the vast and flourishing legacy of the 'Mughal Empire', keeping relative peace by unifying its Mughals and Hindus. However; by mid 1600s, cracks began to appear in its solid foundations. Insecurities crept in through the gaps, widening the gulfs between the two religions once again.

With the old Emperor becoming too feeble to take charge and his jealous successors remaining preoccupied with expansion and power, the damage was never repaired. Not surprising then that new rebellions arose every day. Violence escalated, claiming many innocent lives.

Yet; in the midst of such turmoil and peril, there bloomed a beautiful story - much like a lone flower blossoming upon the steepest edges of a cliff - a story of love, of sacrifice and honour!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Forced to flee from her motherland, the one home she knew... forced to leave behind her people, for whom, she was their only hope...forced to grievously abandon the last rites of her loved one while the flames on the pyre were still ablaze...the orphaned heiress of 16 overcame grief and many shortcomings, as she embarked on a long dangerous path... setting out to seek help and support, for her people and her lands...

Till a chance stay with a complete stranger would change the course of those very plans forever!

Being the most shrewd, determined and unforgiving of the lot meant he was formidable... a force to be reckoned with... it also meant he could have owned it all - riches, power, women and fame... but, he fancied none of it...

As a recluse with simple tastes, the rich life held no real appeal... power didn't tempt him... women didn't interest him... his passion was work and his only family were a few loyal friends... he had decided that he wanted little else in life...

Till a chance visit from a complete stranger would change that decision forever!

Part 2 Individual links

Part 3 Individual links
Link to Chapter 37 https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4865965 
Link to Chapter 39 https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4897456  

Part 4 Individual links
Edited by lashy - 5 years ago

Teaser for chapter 52

'These are account books... of Akbar Khan's business dealings'
His fingertips stalled beside two specific entries, compelling the Shehzaade to have a closer glance at the numbers 'It shows the man has been making plenty through his horse-business. However... he has never cared to reveal any of this to us, has he?'

He paused. A grin pushed through the edges of his wrinkled lips - the glow was ebbing away from that princely profile, bit by bit, into a darker corner.

'Akbar let us believe he is a simple man all through... while he's been secretly stashing money away!!'

An entire stretch passed.

'Well' sighed the Prince at long last, before the prickly silence could sprout anymore thorns 'Farooq Sahib... you speak as if YOU haven't done the same... as if you haven't let us believe you're a simple man all through!'

'Wh... what?' Stammered the old advisor through a smile. Surely, the Prince had to be jesting! 'Huzoor... I don't quite understand'

'Why so surprised?' The Shehzaade pressed on - allowing a little more suspicion to show up in his tone 'You always profess about having no wish for money or power... and yet, you own a glamorous summer house out in the country somewhere, don't you?'

Farooq Sahib shuffled half a step back - his foxy mind suddenly dazed by a web of complaints being thrown at him from nowhere.
Wasn't it the Ustaad whose crimes were under scrutiny? Wasn't it Akbar who was meant to be flogged today and sentenced later? Then, why was HE - the royal advisor - facing accusations now?

Perhaps, the Shehzaade had become guarded after the happenings at the court yesterday. 'H... Huzoor...'

'Anyway...' the Prince ended the short argument with a self-satisfied smirk - seeing how the old man was still fumbling for words. 'Akbar doesn't reveal all those amounts because I believe he needs that money to bribe others for information... uses it to maintain his safe-houses... and to recruit an army of spies'

'An army of spies?'

The daze gradually lifted off. The old advisor had just found another opening. 'Akbar might be using all that money to recruit an army of spies' he mumbled 'Or, he might be using it to build HIS very own armies... who knows?'

A heavy stillness hammered within the pillars of the Prince's chambers.

'Farooq Sahib!' The prince spun around, his teeth almost gnashing against each other. 'I warn you - THINK before you mumble! Armies? Your remarks are beginning to sound absurd!'

'But...' the advisor kept his grey gazes on the floor, as if avoiding the prince's glares 'my remarks cannot be more absurd than what we saw yesterday, can they Huzoor? Trained soldiers daring to stand against you... publicly... in court. This has never happened before!'

'Armies?'

The word was starting to jump around insidethe narrow walls of his mind, pricking at its sides. He used every trick he knew, to hold it still - but it wouldn't work. 'Akbar's own armies?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Part 4 - My silence is not my weakness. It is the beginning of my revenge'
Edited by lashy - 5 years ago

Good morning Sachu Patti and all my dear baisas! 😳
Happy Thursday! 🤗

Good evening Lana di, Vathsy di, Pallavi di ,Rekha di and Aparna di 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗
Edited by binduprasad41 - 5 years ago

Faroo..q!
Iru..iru..class-kku poittu vandu vechukaren..

KK.
Congratulations everyone for new home! 🤗
Thank you lashy di for new thread with teaser! 🤗

But it's quite late for you so please go and rest ...you need rest after your trip.😊
Love you! 🤗
Edited by binduprasad41 - 5 years ago
Originally posted by karkuzhali

Good Morning! 
Getting ready to go to my Calligraphy class after a gap of one month..
Prepared my check list:

1. Leave letter-..Done.. already sent through e mail.
2. Pack my school Bag-  
    Bleed proof note pad  -  yes.
    Nibs and holders   -        yes.
    Ink Bottle -                     yes.
    Blotting paper -               yes.
    12" ruler   -                     yes.
    Colour pens, sharp tipped -  yes.
    Pencil, eraser, sharpener  -  yes.
    Apron  -                          yes.
    I/D tag -                          yes.
   The exemplar of the 
   Legend(e) script and
   the relevant line sheet -   yes.
   Home work?    -         No..😲 Thinking of an excuse..🤔  Sickness?                                                            Preoccupation? Laziness? Forgetfulness? Tell lies that  
                                      I left it at home?

BYE!

Image result for caricature of a little girl ready to go to school 

>>> Aww ...You are so adorable , Patti ! 
You forgot to do homework 😆
Long list of excuse 😆
I just love lil girl picture 

Originally posted by lashy

Bindup's here? I better call it a night!😲
GN darling!

>>> Good idea ! 😆
Good night 🤗

Yaar, tumne bola bhi nahi ki teaser is up! 
Did I say FS is the least of the villain to aunty's quiz, I take it back! Kya haath dhoke peechhe pade hai! 😡 Only because AMK married a Hindu girl! FS my curse to you, may your son do so too!! Hmph! 😡

Now AMK's men's loyalty too is shown in a negative angle to Shehzade! AMK's armies!! 😲

Shehzade, you see that is the difference between you and AMK! He treat his men as family, as his brothers, as his very own and that is why they are behind him in heart, body and soul but you on the other hand treat your men as loyal subjects, as mere puppets to guard and protect you, to serve you like your very own minions, to stand and sit when you beckon them to, give their lives up when you order them to, and put them in dungeons when you wish if your own requirements are over or if your ego is pricked but AMK can, will and does give his honor, respect and life if required for his men as we saw! So his men are his personal armies willing to do anything for him if need be! You pay them and throw them a gift here and there but AMK not only spends for them but their families and for charities and for his people! He is human enough to think of digging a canal for the people of Parnagarh, which does not come cheap and free. These have to be felt with a beating and thriving heart and not with a selfish, self-centered, egoistic, vindictive stoned one! Even the stables and training horses does not come cheap!

Something to lift my mood, the Prince is smart enough to test FS! 👍🏼 If he can see straight that AMK have expenditures to meet then he should be able to see that something is wrong somewhere specially when it is coming from FS, where it is plainly visible that no love is lost between AMK and him! And if just a prod in the dark can make FS shift from one leg to the other then there must be deeper waters that needs to be checked and probed!!

But here again FS, like a true old wazir, has aimed his target well. He has hit the arrow where it will hurt the most! The Prince's giant sized inflated ego! Men that work in his army, paid by him, fed by him, clothed by him is turning against him and siding with his CIO, who is also a subject just like those men! How dare they?! Now this will eat him live, thinking on this, mulling about it, fuming on this, fretting with fury and then getting more vindictive and avengeful because of this fact! So another hurdle for AMK to cross to reach that stone heart of the Shehzade! 🤔

But I am proud and happy, in these dire times at least his men are with AMK to give him hope and some relief! 😃

Thank you Lashy for updating the teaser in spite of your jetlag and tiredness. 🤗 Lots to mull and muse! 😃 Very interesting angle and scenario. 👍🏼
Originally posted by karkuzhali

Faroo..q!
Iru..iru..class-kku poittu vandu vechukaren..

KK.

Oh oh aunty, I want to hear what you are saying to the slimy creature, in English please!! FS, you made our aunty angry...imagine that!! 😡 After the troubles are over, how should he be punished?? What should be done to him? I have to think something really nasty.
Originally posted by lghosh

Oh oh aunty, I want to hear what you are saying to the slimy creature, in English please!! FS, you made our aunty angry...imagine that!! 😡 After the troubles are over, how should he be punished?? What should be done to him? I have to think something really nasty.
It means 
Faroo...q!
Wait...wait...i'll come back from class and tumhari khabar loongi.

This Farooq is a lot like Dolores Umbridge. She was a slimy toad who provoked the Ministry of the possibility of 'Dumbledore's Army' and Farooq is a slimy snake provoking the Shehzade of the possibility of Akbar's Army. Lashy, please throw him to the centaurs too.😡