MG OS - Meeting the Ex

Ms.Lizzie thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago

It was her. No doubt. I couldn't mistake in recognizing that wavy black hair and hazel eyes. My ex-girlfriend stood two places ahead of me in that queue. We didn't meet after the college farewell. When Arjun called me few weeks ago inviting me to his wedding at Bangalore which we believed could be kind of our college reunion, I expected to see everyone but her.

A sudden chill ran down my body as I saw her after four long years. She looked no different from what I remember. I didn't want to shout her name and create a scene. I stood in the line impatiently tapping my feet. Once I collected my boarding pass, I half ran to the waiting area. My eyes were scanning the crowd to spot that familiar face. The smile that spread on my face turned into a scowl as I saw her patting a small child and cooing to it. Is she married?

I stood at the same place debating with myself if I should go talk to her or just pretend that I didn't notice her. I was glancing at her now and then trying to analyze the situation when her eyes caught mine. A huge grin spread on her face and she waved at me frantically. I gave her smile and an awkward wave as I began to walk to her. All the time my eyes were scanning the surrounding for a husband of her.

"Maan She greeted me loudly with a wide smile.

"Geet I copied her tone obviously in way of mocking her

She rolled her eyes at my attempt of imitation and murmured something on the grounds of "Never grew up. I ignored her and sat on the chair near her after placing the bag, which looked like a baby's bag, on the adjacent chair.

"So? How are you? she asked lifting the baby to her chest and kissing its head as if pampering it.

"Huh Good I replied trying to find any signs of marriage.

"It's been long time. I was... Geet's voice faded in background as I let myself linger in past for a minute.

I and Geet met through common friends and hit it off very quickly owing to the fact that we both were from same city. After first few fun filled casual dates, we realized we enjoyed each other's company a lot and soon entered into a serious relationship.

"Are you listening to me Maan? Geet snapped her fingers near my ears trying to grab my attention.

"Yeah I said trying to nod convincingly.

"You didn't change much Mr.Khuranna. Still the same inattentive lad she said shaking her head.

"Glad that I didn't disappoint you "I replied grinning.

"Where have you been? No contacts with anyone whatsoever. What happened? She asked.

"Life happened I said as I dug in my pocket to take my ID card.

It gave me a great pleasure to flaunt my successful career to my ex. Geet lifted her eyebrows in appreciation.

"Not bad. You are doing well for yourself. Well done she said patting my shoulder.

I took an animated bow smiling at her.

"So what is new with you? I asked trying not to stare at the child while asking the question.

"Ah.Nothing. I am just a melancholy damsel since you left me she said in a dramatic way pressing her hand on her forehead like the heroine of old movie.

I laughed looking at her antics and for the first time I realized how much I missed this Drama Queen' in these past four years. The child woke up from slumber and started to wail and Geet was distracted for a minute in settling the child. I still didn't grow bones to ask who that child was. I was letting my brain believe that it was just someone's child.

When Geet was busy taking care of the child, my eyes felt on the book store nearby. My mature man's brain was replaced by young Maan's brain.

"Geet when was the last time you read a book? I asked while smirking at her devilishly. As Geet followed my gaze, realization dawned on her and she winked at me with a smile.

"Excuse me where is the Erotica section I asked the guy in the counter and he waved to his right not bothering to look up from his phone.

As we walked to the section, I picked a book and turned to a random page.

"Oh Maria I read in a voice loud enough to grab the cahier's attention.

"Jhon purred Geet.

"Do you like this my sweet little kitten? I read trying my best to enact the scene in the book.

From the rear view mirror we could see the cashier giving us wired looks.

"Ooh Jhon, yes. Do it Geet cried sensually.

The cashier began to look around as he wiped the sweat from his forehead. We would have gathered more audience if the book store wasn't empty.

"Scream my name baby

"Jhooon darliiing.Ohhh

"Yeah baby

"Harder, baby, harder.

"Come for me, sweet Maria.

The cashier almost lost it when we continued reading another page. Not able to control the laughter we stopped the little act and went to the counter with the book. I smiled at cashier who shot daggers at me.

"Very good book. It gave us this baby. Geet said holding the child's hand and waved at the cashier who glared at her.

We were laughing hysterically as we walked out of the book store. It's been long since I enacted a book. Back in college it was our thing to read a book aloud. It is Geet's way of loosing up bottled up emotions. Now to think about it, I have been uptight these past four years probably because I never tried to loosen up. I was so keen on running in the race. I didn't have enough confidence on anyone to take care of me and the always 'on guard' life just messed my head.

"Oh God I miss us I said as we settled back in our chairs.

"Aren't you continuing this reading thing? She asked

"No, because I didn't have you with me I said with a cheeky smile.

"Awww she said patting my cheek.

"Why did we break up again? I asked looking at her.

"Because you my friend were bored with me She said

"Not at all. It was you who thought we needed a break I reminded her

"Well I said a break not a break up She said.

Our eyes met for a few seconds before I averted my gaze. I remember her exact words. We need to explore more. We can't be tied together forever already. I can't do that to both of us. It was just life that caused this distance between us. It was neither of our mistakes. She never said anything about breaking the ties with me. We didn't break up, not with so many words. And just like that the truth hit me.

"Well we haven't broken up yet, at least technically "I sounded stupid to even myself.

"Yeah right she said rolling her eyes.Tell that to your present girlfriend

"I don't have one I confessed innocently.

There was a sudden change in her expression which she soon masked with a smile.

"Then find one. You badly need a reading partner. She said giggling.

I took a minute to look at the girl who changed my life for good. What was I even thinking not contacting her all these years? I am such an idiot. How different these four years would have been had she been with me. She wouldn't have let me sulk after my initial set back in career. She would have handled me so well after my father's death. She would have stayed up with me when I spent many sleepless nights staring at the stars brooding at how monotonous my life became. On second thoughts she wouldn't have let my life become monotonous.

The wailing of the child brought me out of my thoughts and for a moment I looked at the child with dislike. Not because of disturbing my thoughts but because by now I was convinced that Geet was married and this is her child.

The announcement for boarding Bangalore flight was on and I looked at Geet asking her if we can proceed.

"I am not going to Bengaluru She said looking at me with a worried face.

"What? Aren't you attending Arjun's wedding? I asked wondering why she was in Airport.

"I am going to Chennai. she said

"But I thought...

"My husband works there she said interrupting my talk.We both are going to meet him she said raising her child and hugging it closer.

My heart missed a beat hearing her say husband. Though all these minutes I was preparing myself to the fact that she was married, hearing it from her broke my heart. I kept staring at her until I saw her place a card on my hand.

"This is my number. Call me sometime. She said smiling at me.

I kept staring at her. I didn't know what to tell her without making a fool of myself.

"Geet I ...

"Bye Maan. You are getting late she said waving at me.

I think I saw a drop of tear near her right eye before I turned to walk to the gate to board the flight. This is not any movie Maan', I told myself. No girl will wait for you for four years without any promise to hold on to'. How much ever I try to console me, I couldn't help but weep inside. Last time it didn't feel half as hurting as it is today. Maybe because today I truly know I have lost her.

I sat on my seat staring through the window at nothing particularly. This is not anymore my most expected reunion. I sighed. I took out my phone to check it one last time before putting it in the flight mode. There was only one message from an unknown number.

It read,

Hello Buddu,

Got ya!!!

That is my sister's kid. LOL.

She is also flying with me to Bengaluru.

Yes, I m attending Arjun's wedding.

No,I am not married.

P.S. Got your number from the ID card that you proudly flaunted.

P.P.S. I am in seat number 24A

I immediately turned my head to the right, where I saw Geet grinning at me. A woman who looked very much like Geet was now holding the child and she smiled at me as well. Geet waved at me with fingers. No Ring!! Darn why didn't I notice it early. I shook my head at the stupidity's personification that I am. Thank you god. Now this is going to be one hell of a reunion and I am waiting for it.

- - - -- - --

Was written looonnggg back

No idea why it was lying unpublished 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aparna3011 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
amazing story
loved it very much 

Rahiramesh thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Superb
They were lucky to get one more opportunity from life
Loved the way it was scripted
Would love to read more of your stories buddy do keep posting
metromasti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
awesome story . maaneet are lovers but due to some reason their breakup happened . after four years they met at airport , they enjoyed but maan thought she is married cos a baby was there with geet . he was heartbroken cos he still loves her but when he received her msg his sadness was gone cos geet cleared everything...telling that was her sister's child & she is not married .
Anushree_anu thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Was little heart broken when geet said that she married and was going to meet her hus with their child loved how geet fooled maan good that they got a second chance ðŸ˜Š
Nice OS ðŸ˜Š
IMA9167 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I almost had a mini heart attack
Thank god that's Geet child
Lovely os
Thanks for pm
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
hey Lizzie... how are you doing? thanks 4 da pm! 

thanks for sharing this OS! 

Stupendous OS! wonderfully written.

so they again... great that Geet spoke to Maan! love the moments in the bookshop! 

wow also start Geet was married! Maan was shattered! 

but glad she is not married and the baby is her sister's! Maan was relieved! 

nice that Geet is going to Bangalore...

will you consider continuing????

thanks 

Neeju.2 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wow such an amazing OS
I throughly enjoyed it
You are really good writter i can easily imagine everything happening in the Os

Thanks for Pm
Doracake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
beautiful OS 
You almost broke my heart! 

Love the ending 
latecomer thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Just a beautiful story.,mera hal bhi kuch maan jaisa tha kabhi laga married hain kabhi nai aur jab pura vishwas ho...gaya toh .., it turn out to be different..
Loved it