Love marriages break too!!!!

arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Disclaimer- I am not defending anyone here. But I have to share my views. Talk strictly about the characters and not actors. If you don't agree, then disagree politely. Don't bash.

I haven't been watching the show but forum is something I can't leave.
So, there have been lot of posts about whether Kunal never loved Mauli & whatever he is feeling for Nandini is for the first time.

Kunal did & does love Mauli very much. Love feels differently with different people. With some it feels easy, with some intense, sometimes passionate. Just because it's different sort with 2 people doesn't mean it wasn't love at all. Mauli loves Kunal too. Otherwise she would have not been working so hard to fulfill Kunal's dreams. In no way, Kunal-Mauli relationship till now was that of a friendship kind only. It was balanced just like it should be.

I will take my own example- my feelings for my first crush were so intense that I couldn't even talk to him without letting out my vulnerability. Almost everybody around me could tell about my feelings for him. And those developed from the very first time I saw him. After I left school, my feelings became less but never gone. Probably I was immature enough back then.

Then came my second crush in graduation college after 3 years. Again it was kind of first sight thing. But with him I could talk freely about almost every single thing just like best friends & still be normal around him. I was his emotional counselor as he was dealing with breakup phase at that time. By the time he proposed, I was already over him. No one could tell if I ever had any feelings for him. Even today, we joke, laugh & talk about all the other stuff. Ever since, I found no one to have crush on.

In both the cases, my feelings were strong enough & were of romantic kind initially but with one it came as difficult to deal with while with the other, it was relatively very easy.

Not all love stories follow the same path. 
1. Some begin with friendship & later develop into passionate & intense ones. 
2. Some begin with passion and develop into friendship over time. 
3. Some have a perfect mix of friendship & passion & that goes on hand in hand.
4. Some begin with love & end up on hate.
5. Some begin on hate & end up on love.
6. Some begin normally with no strong feelings but later develop stronger- arranged marriages.
7. Some on love & end up on neutral emotions.

Kunal-Mauli relationship belongs to the 1 & 3 kind. Beginning episodes did show the passionate side of their relationship as well which came of easily like it normally does with couples who have been together for longer time. Kunal-Mauli's relationship is what exists in real life. Kunal-Nandini is what is shown on TV with drama added to it.

It's been a long time since Kunal-Mauli's marriage. Kunal is used to be with Mauli all the time. And this shell would have never broken if he wasn't unknowingly drawn to qualities that he wants to see with Mauli. I repeat again, Kunal is not drawn to Nandini but to the qualities that he fails to see in Mauli. Sometimes, some things imprint hard on your mind & that leads to overshadowing of everything that you have held dear for all these years. He is so used to be with Mauli that he fails to see the freshness in his marriage anymore. He fails to see Mauli's bubbly, caring, mature personna With Nandini he is drawn to the newness. He is unconsciously comparing Mauli with Nandini, something he shouldn't be doing & he knows it.

Who says that love marriages can't break? Look at 
1. Hrithik-Suzzane- there was a time these two were irrevocably in love with each other.
2. Saif- Amrita- Even they did love marriage right? And everybody know the situation now.
3. Brad Pitt- Jennifer Aniston- most talked about couple in the world at that time.
4. Brad-Angelina- They were literally couple goals for many.
6. KSG-Jennifer Winget
5. And the list is long.

Can you say, that they didn't love their partner? NO, they did, but then second one came much strongly that could change every relationship in their life.

The concept of true love is over-rated as hell. Truth is that many a times, we encounter feelings which shouldn't be there but we can't help it. The decision we take at those complex times, is what makes or breaks a relationship & person's individual image as well. Same is the case with Kunal. He knows that he shouldn't be feeling like this & yet he is failing to stop himself from thinking about her. 

There are two things- 
1. To love someone- most of the relationship fall in this category, like that of parents, siblings, friends, children, ex-gf, bf, etc. You love them even unconsciously. Feelings are balanced for everyone & not very strong for just one person.
2. To be in love with someone- Exclusive to romantic relationships. You need to fall in love with your partner everyday to keep that passion alive, to ensure that your unconscious self doesn't overpower your conscious self. Feelings in this case are very strong for one particular person.

Eg. For those who have watched FRIENDS, Ross always loved Rachel but he was not in love with her always. Similarly, Joey always loved Rachel but he was in love with her only at certain point of time.

Kunal loves Mauli & but he falling in love with Nandini. We love multiple people at the same time but we can't be in love with 2 people at the same time, we have to make a decision about one sooner or later. Even if Kunal-Mauli break, Kunal will still love Mauli but in a different manner but he won't be in love with her any longer.

In no way, I am, can or will defend Kunal. This storyline will end up making him a cheater. And he literally is on his way of infidelity which needs to be condemned. Kunal's cheating will be all the more horrible for sensible viewers because of Mauli's character which is very sensible & in love with Kunal & Mauli-Nandini being the best friends. If someday, Kunal chooses his feelings for Nandini over his relationship with Mauli, he will be coined a cheater, which he will be for sure in that situation.

All I can say is that relation with some people is more stronger than with the other. And this I can say from personal experience.

In my opinion, this storyline is just highlighting how adultery is a complex & grey thing rather than that of black or white. And some things are hard to be accepted in grey list. They are always going to be measured in either black or white. And that's exactly why makers are trying to show potential affair in a romantic light to show it as a complex thing rather than a black-white thing. We want utopia but reality is harsh & perfection is a myth. Utopia can never be achieved just like perfection.
Edited by arshi_asya - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ExpectoPatronu thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Best view jo maine dekha hai 👍🏼
Ye bat to sahi hai ki marriage ya koi aur relationship hamesha ke liye nahi hota sabki ek expiry date hoti hai agar uske bad bhi dose lete rahe to harmful hoga, relationship ka end better hai us relationship ke bojh se dab jane se, to mai bhi manti hu ki kisi bhi relationship me agar pyar nahi hai to use end kar dena chahiye.

Jo bhi points hai wo hamare hai fans ke hai, writers ke nahi, sach batau to unhone justify nahi kiya Kunal ke character ko Kunal lead hai aur uska character positive nahi to gray to hota par abhi uska character negative hai.
2 important part hai is show ke pahla Kunal aur Mauli ka relationship aur 2nd Kunal aur Nandini ka relationship, jab tak pahla relationship end nahi hota tab tak 2nd ki beginning kaise hogi, agar khamiyan Kunal aur Mauli ke relationship me thi, agar Kunal Mauli se sirf pyar karta tha romantically nahi to pahla break unke relationship me dikhta, Kunal detached hota Mauli se par aisa nahi hua, Kunal ek week pahle tak to bahut romantic tha aur ek week baad friendship wala love ho gaya, yaha par writers ne mistake kar di. 

Writers ka pura point tha ki Kunal ko Mauli time nahi de pa rahi hai, waise hi kuch time ka leap lete man lo 2 month ka aur dikhate ki kyonki Kunal ko Mauli time nahi de pa rahi thi Kunal aur Nandini time spend kar rahe the aur Kunal emotionally attached ho gaya Nandini se aur udhar Kunal Mauli se dur hone laga, Affair ko justify nahi kar sakte lekin feelings hone ka koi to reason hona chahiye, kisiko dance karte dekh liya to kya itna enough hai feelings ke liye?
Affair ko to kaise bhi justify nahi kar sakte hai, par aisa dikhana tha ki chahe log affair ke against ho par wo samjhe ki situation Kunal aur Nandini ke control me nahi thi aur log unke pain ko samjhe.

arshi_asya thumbnail

Originally posted by: ExpectoPatronu

I agree, affair can & should never be justified. But then as I said, EMA is a sensitive topic. It is grey area rather than just a black-white thing. Even I can't support Kunal's character but then Kunal is being shown as every single person who resorts to EMA despite having a perfect life partner & he is being true to that portrayal.

The only mistake makers did is that they have rushed into Kunal-Nandini without laying the proper ground. For a character like that of Kunal, his feelings for Nandini seem abrupt. 

Nandini clouding Kunal's mind after that dance is because sometimes, a single moment is enough to change person's feelings about the other & from there the things can take a drastic turn.

It would have been nice if Kunal-Nandini had developed properly first as individuals & as a group. Kunal was happily married who hardly knew Nandini & yet with a moment finds himself fiercely drawn towards her is what viewers can't relate to. Even I can't relate to it & this is exactly what disappoints me.
My whole disappointment with the show is that they have just jumped into show the Juzzbat & conflict part & to top that Kunal is shown acting on his impulse of jealousy too that soon. 

The way Kunal is being shown right now makes it look like he was grossly unhappy with his marriage, never loved Mauli & was only with her due to obligation of marriage, and was looking for an immediate exit, something which contradicts with what was shown in earlier episodes. His conflict feels as if he has to choose between his burden of marriage to perfect Mauli Vs his feelings for naive Nandini.
Whereas his conflict should be having to choose between his commitment, stability & love for Mauli Vs his newly developed feelings for Nandini.

Someone who has missed initial episodes will feel that Kunal-Mauli's marriage was a compromise with this track. And that's where makers have gone wrong in portraying this sensitive plot.

The main problem with this show right now is not the plot but the way it is being executed. It is too rushed.

Makers want audience to be disappointed because EMA's in reality disappoint everyone who suffer because of it, even the relatives who once were a witness to a perfect couple. Here even Nandini-Kunal will suffer because of it. I am pretty sure Kunal's family will turn on both once they find out how Kunal is on his way to cheat on Mauli.

rehann thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
100% agree!!! Thats real life n human being... we cant justify all... its just happen...
The concept of true love is over-rated as hell. perfect description!!!

Angels11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I agree with ur basic premise but I dont agree that it applies to Kunal. In all the egs that u quoted & even in my own personal experience (self & friends) there is a cooling period in marriage. After 14 yrs of marriage & a daughter I can vouch for this. Sometimes we blow hot, sometimes we blow cold. And yes when v hit a plateau or trough our mind wavers. This is when most EMAs happen.

Why I cant accept Kunal's characterization is this lack of ebb & flow. All this while they showed Kunal & Mouli's marriage riding a crest. Yes they had some issues with Mouli's work load but they were simply brushed off. Now if they had shown Kunal slowly stewing in resentment like SRK in KANK or if they r shown drifting apart then it would make sense that Kunal was unhappy in his relationship or missing some X factor. And when he was low he was stuck by the Nandini hurricane. But that did not happen here. 1 day Mouli & Kunal r a jet-setting couple loving each other, fighting, making up, having hot sex. And then suddenly 1 day BHAM Kunal is drawn towards Nandini.

If the CVs had slowly built towards that event by small small incidents. They c'd ve shown Kunal falling sick but Mouli has to go out of town due 2 her work & Nandini takes care of her. Or Kunal sees Nandini doing some altruistic or noble like feeding orphans or stray dogs (just kidding 😆) then I w'd ve understood his so called feelings. Here he is dancing with his sexy wife & suddenly her friend does a rain dance & Kunal's heart goes DHAK DHAK???? Now suddenly he is all jealous. A creepy stalker who keeps ogling his wife's friend in his wife's presence. Really? Now tats so illogical & unrealistic!
arshi_asya thumbnail
@Angels11
This is what I have already mentioned in the other comment on this same post. Comment 3.
I know makers have rushed into this track probably because of TRP or fan pressure to see the main pairing. 
RM14 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
A different analysis for this situation ..
and you have explained it with your personal experience too ..
love can be different with different people and ya love marriages too break..true..
I was also thinking of example of Saif and Amrutha ..
and ya Ritik's story we too know ..
who could say they will broke one day and some times without even having a third angle in story .couples having issues ..and they decide to end relationship ..
so there can be many deciding  factors ya..
agree to most of your points 👍🏼
PiaT thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angels11

I agree with ur basic premise but I dont agree that it applies to Kunal. In all the egs that u quoted & even in my own personal experience (self & friends) there is a cooling period in marriage. After 14 yrs of marriage & a daughter I can vouch for this. Sometimes we blow hot, sometimes we blow cold. And yes when v hit a plateau or trough our mind wavers. This is when most EMAs happen.

Why I cant accept Kunal's characterization is this lack of ebb & flow. All this while they showed Kunal & Mouli's marriage riding a crest. Yes they had some issues with Mouli's work load but they were simply brushed off. Now if they had shown Kunal slowly stewing in resentment like SRK in KANK or if they r shown drifting apart then it would make sense that Kunal was unhappy in his relationship or missing some X factor. And when he was low he was stuck by the Nandini hurricane. But that did not happen here. 1 day Mouli & Kunal r a jet-setting couple loving each other, fighting, making up, having hot sex. And then suddenly 1 day BHAM Kunal is drawn towards Nandini.

If the CVs had slowly built towards that event by small small incidents. They c'd ve shown Kunal falling sick but Mouli has to go out of town due 2 her work & Nandini takes care of her. Or Kunal sees Nandini doing some altruistic or noble like feeding orphans or stray dogs (just kidding 😆) then I w'd ve understood his so called feelings. Here he is dancing with his sexy wife & suddenly her friend does a rain dance & Kunal's heart goes DHAK DHAK???? Now suddenly he is all jealous. A creepy stalker who keeps ogling his wife's friend in his wife's presence. Really? Now tats so illogical & unrealistic!

Totally agree, the way the CVs potrayed Kunal's character made him look like a weak characterless person who is lusting after his wife's friend. The way he stares at her in the presence of his wife is just very wrong. Being married has some moral responsibilities , getting a crush is ok but openly behaving like that in front of a loving wife is just not acceptable specially when the guy is shown to be a great guy with high morals. If he was like Rajdeep then no one would have blinked because inreality a lot of love marriages break because of cheating husbands or wives.
But to portray him to be this great guy and then to show him to suddenly be so immature, possessive and attracted to Nandini without showing any reason except for physical attraction doesn't go down well with the storyline.
KuNan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ExpectoPatronu

Ye bat to sahi hai ki marriage ya koi aur relationship hamesha ke liye nahi hota sabki ek expiry date hoti hai agar uske bad bhi dose lete rahe to harmful hoga, relationship ka end better hai us relationship ke bojh se dab jane se, to mai bhi manti hu ki kisi bhi relationship me agar pyar nahi hai to use end kar dena chahiye.

Jo bhi points hai wo hamare hai fans ke hai, writers ke nahi, sach batau to unhone justify nahi kiya Kunal ke character ko Kunal lead hai aur uska character positive nahi to gray to hota par abhi uska character negative hai.
2 important part hai is show ke pahla Kunal aur Mauli ka relationship aur 2nd Kunal aur Nandini ka relationship, jab tak pahla relationship end nahi hota tab tak 2nd ki beginning kaise hogi, agar khamiyan Kunal aur Mauli ke relationship me thi, agar Kunal Mauli se sirf pyar karta tha romantically nahi to pahla break unke relationship me dikhta, Kunal detached hota Mauli se par aisa nahi hua, Kunal ek week pahle tak to bahut romantic tha aur ek week baad friendship wala love ho gaya, yaha par writers ne mistake kar di. 

Writers ka pura point tha ki Kunal ko Mauli time nahi de pa rahi hai, waise hi kuch time ka leap lete man lo 2 month ka aur dikhate ki kyonki Kunal ko Mauli time nahi de pa rahi thi Kunal aur Nandini time spend kar rahe the aur Kunal emotionally attached ho gaya Nandini se aur udhar Kunal Mauli se dur hone laga, Affair ko justify nahi kar sakte lekin feelings hone ka koi to reason hona chahiye, kisiko dance karte dekh liya to kya itna enough hai feelings ke liye?
Affair ko to kaise bhi justify nahi kar sakte hai, par aisa dikhana tha ki chahe log affair ke against ho par wo samjhe ki situation Kunal aur Nandini ke control me nahi thi aur log unke pain ko samjhe.

agree with u
arshi_asya thumbnail

Originally posted by: piataylor

Totally agree, the way the CVs potrayed Kunal's character made him look like a weak characterless person who is lusting after his wife's friend. The way he stares at her in the presence of his wife is just very wrong. Being married has some moral responsibilities , getting a crush is ok but openly behaving like that in front of a loving wife is just not acceptable specially when the guy is shown to be a great guy with high morals. If he was like Rajdeep then no one would have blinked because inreality a lot of love marriages break because of cheating husbands or wives.
But to portray him to be this great guy and then to show him to suddenly be so immature, possessive and attracted to Nandini without showing any reason except for physical attraction doesn't go down well with the storyline.

I agree, affair can & should never be justified. But then as I said, EMA is a sensitive topic. It is grey area rather than just a black-white thing. Even I can't support Kunal's character but then Kunal is being shown as every single person who resorts to EMA despite having a perfect life partner & he is being true to that portrayal. CVs would never be able to state the reason for Kunal's sudden attraction, because there are times when you simply can't explain why are you attracted to anyone for that matter.

The only mistake makers did is that they have rushed into Kunal-Nandini without laying the proper ground. For a character like that of Kunal, his feelings for Nandini seem abrupt. 

Nandini clouding Kunal's mind after that dance is because sometimes, a single moment is enough to change person's feelings about the other & from there the things can take a drastic turn.

It would have been nice if Kunal-Nandini had developed properly first as individuals & as a group. Kunal was happily married who hardly knew Nandini & yet with a moment finds himself fiercely drawn towards her is what viewers can't relate to. Even I can't relate to it & this is exactly what disappoints me.
My whole disappointment with the show is that they have just jumped into show the Juzzbat & conflict part & to top that Kunal is shown acting on his impulse of jealousy too that soon. 

The way Kunal is being shown right now makes it look like he was grossly unhappy with his marriage, never loved Mauli & was only with her due to obligation of marriage, and was looking for an immediate exit, something which contradicts with what was shown in earlier episodes. His conflict feels as if he has to choose between his burden of marriage to perfect Mauli Vs his feelings for naive Nandini.
Whereas his conflict should be having to choose between his commitment, stability & love for Mauli Vs his newly developed feelings for Nandini.

Someone who has missed initial episodes will feel that Kunal-Mauli's marriage was a compromise with this track. And that's where makers have gone wrong in portraying this sensitive plot.

The main problem with this show right now is not the plot but the way it is being executed. It is too rushed.

Makers want audience to be disappointed because EMA's in reality disappoint everyone who suffer because of it, even the relatives who once were a witness to a perfect couple. Here even Nandini-Kunal will suffer because of it. I am pretty sure Kunal's family will turn against both once they find out how Kunal is on his way to cheat on Mauli.

Makers have obviously run into this due to fans pressure to see the lead pair together. 

Edited by arshi_asya - 5 years ago