Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

What is the right way to fall in love?

JoonBai thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm asking this question both generally and with respect to the show - What do you think is the right way for a person to fall in love?

First scenario - Take Mauli out of the scene, or say she's just a mutual friend or acquaintance of Kunal and Nandini, would you still label Kunal's feelings for Nandini as corrupt? The way that he's drawn towards her, would that be him falling in love with her, or would it still be lust? His immature behavior - would it be cute or would it still be creepy? His crazy antics - would they be weird/wrong/immoral or would they be romantic/passionate? All in all, would this be the right way for him to fall in love with her?

Second scenario - Bring Mauli into the scene as Kunal's girlfriend and not wife in the same situation. What would your views be?

Third scenario - Whatever is actually happening in the show. What are your views on Kunal falling for Nandini? 

My views -

The first scenario is the classic 'boy tries to win girl's heart' thing with no *other* strings attached, so the answer is obvious. 

The second scenario is something which I have faced (I won't say which one I was), but I know this - it is possible to fall head over heels in love with someone else really fast even when you are in a committed relationship. And that second relationship can work out better than the previous one. However, the entire process is quite painful and difficult as the people involved go through an excruciating phase. But after this process, everyone changes for the better. They become stronger and more mature. And when they look back, they realize that it was all for the best. There is a person who was wrong - the one who cheated, but everything is yin and yang ultimately; so he or she pays for it. The person who has cheated suffers the most, because he or she has to carry the extra burden of guilt in addition to constant reprimand attacks from the ex as well as his or her mutual friends. And after going through the suffering, I believe that person has the right to move on, to be happy, to love again. And that love, even if it's for the person with whom they cheated on their girlfriend or boyfriend, is love - it's not lust, and it's not wrong. 

Before talking about the third scenario, I'd like to say that there can be no reason good enough to 'justify' an extramarital relationship. In context to the show, Kunal falling for Nandini doesn't have to be because of something wrong with Mauli or their marriage. It can just happen for no reason. It really can. Having said that, the third scenario, to me, is different from the second one in terms or degree. The amount of suffering is much higher and will probably last for a longer time. It will be much more complicated and messy. And when it's all over, if the cheating spouse and his or her lover are still going strong, then yes, that is love. This isn't something that I have faced but I have seen it very closely. With respect to the show, Kunal's feelings for Nandini could be temporary or permanent. I am open to seeing how the story unfolds. If KuNan do fall in love and last after all the trials and tribulations, I'm with them.

This is a show portraying how complicated emotions are, which is the truth of life. I know that many of you are not happy with the show, and I'm really not trying to bash anyone here, but I think I understand and connect with the show because of my personal experiences. 10 years back, I would have been a hater of the show too. But driving through entangled and complicated relationships into a marriage (which is the most complicated of them all) has changed me. 
Edited by iota - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The show from first promo itself showed Kunal and Nandini affair although Kunal is married to mauli .These things happen in real life i liked this show for showing reality although EMA should not happen to any girl but it happens and it is not like they changed the script now it was the crux of story from the beginning.I just wish that mauli should be shown as the victim and Nandini remains homebreaker 
Alohomora_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
First of all what a beautiful heartfelt post Iota. Secondly I am sorry you had to go through what you did in your personal life but I am glad you are a stronger and much happier person today! Kudos to your spirit ðŸ˜Š EMA is a topic that is highly debatable actually. Definitely it is a very very difficult situation both for the person that strayed and the one that didn't. But if we keep our moral value parameter aside and think..is it impossible to fall out of love even with the nicest of partners and the most loving couples ? No it isn't. As much as you don't want it to happen,it happens. I don't agree with calling Kunal's feelings for Nandini lust. Yes at one point he was attracted to her but deep down he feels much more than just an attraction. He feels protective for her, he feels concerned for her ,he feels angst when she risks her life going back to meet the man that almost killed her.,he feels a relief to see her back safe. I don't think all this comes with lust. What Rajdeep had for Nandini was lust .He just wanted sex and when she refused he would either force her into it or get home a prostitute.There is  a clear difference there. And it goes without saying it is not fair to the partner and she will be hurt when she comes to know about it but that's how life is. Sometimes you don't want to hurt your partner,you don't want to stray,you want to control your feelings but you end up doing exactly the opposite and carry that guilt all your life. It is a show close to reality . On one hand we bash TV for making unrealistic shows and concepts but when they choose to do a serious and realistic topic then we aren't ready for it.. We have had loads of books,films and even tv serials on EMA so I don't understand how and why some people think this is the first ever subject of its kind and will corrupt our society ðŸ˜•ðŸ˜† 1.6 trp means not even 0.6 percent of our country is watching the show so how is this corrupting our nation exactly ðŸ¤” Also the way some people disregard Nandini's emotions bothers me. And mind you she hasn't even been shown in love with Kunal yet but there are already a few that have started raising aspersions on her character. From the moral brigadiers, I see nobody really cares what happens to Nandini. Her happiness,her well being ,her independence..no that is not of any concern to a certain few. Why ? Isnt Nandini a human being too? A woman too? Does she not deserve any happiness? Why such disregard to her emotions and her past life? Like I have literally read comments that said she deserved Rajdeep's abuse. And dont even get me started on the abla / bechari taunts .Not a word from these people though when she finally stood up for herself! Says a lot!! In between blind love and blind hate I feel sadly neutrality is lost as people rush to take sides in this matter without thinking from a neutral perspective and that is what is happening here too.  Edited by Alohomora_ - 5 years ago