The Fateful Evening..Arjun Draupadi OS .Thread 4 - Page 21

Posted: 5 years ago

Chariot of Dharma...journey towards awakening..

Truth is supreme..the ultimate.

Take resort to truth..you will never fall from dharma..

Arjuna walked by the river..Hiranwati...Vedavyasa's words to his Eldest ...at Indraprasth..he could hear the soothening voice of the Sage as if he said it just before

Arjuna gazed at the river flowing with rythym unperturbed by the sudden rush of people who camped there ...with a hope of victory?

The water is green, darker in the shadows and more pale in the light, but still green. Against the noise of the birds that are returning to their nests,the gentle murmur of the water can only be heard, sounding like a  backdrop to the musical notes coming from the twittering Of birds.

A nature lover at heart but Arjuna seemed immersed in his own thoughts or rather doubts.
Is truth that much powerful ? Why should then his Eldest suffer all these years in forest and now forced to fight for his right over the kingdom?

Arjuna was in confusion. There is only one night left before the great battle to commence. Thirteen years he never felt this kind of disturbance in his heart and mind.

Fighting battles is like childplay for him. He never hesitated to fight any battle he fought...begining with his first battle with his Father in law Drupad!

Arjuna waved at Krishna Who is smiling at him..walking towards him...

Why are you roaming here Parth...Drishtadyumna is waiting for you..to discuss the vyuha for tomorrow's battle. Your Eldest is tensed up not seeing you there in time.

Arjuna nodded his head...he knew so much is to be done...the soldiers should be motivated ..they should be thorough with the rules of the war..

Sahadev approached them and said...I checked the medical wing. There is still deficiency of aushadhis ..We need more..I asked Nakula to send someone to Upaplavya and get them ...

Krishna held Arjuna's hand and looked deep into his eyes...Why are you looking lost? Parth..What is the matter?

Before Arjuna could reply Daruka came and bowed before Krishna..I arranged the chariot of Prince Arjuna as per your instruction. May the lord have a look and tell if anything more is to be done? ..he asked .

Krishna turned to Arjuna...I will check the chariot and come to Drishtadyumna's tent. You go straight without delay...keep your never ending dilemmas and good shots for tomorrow... We will have a separate Question answer session...he patted on Arjuna's back and left.

Arjjuna  closed his eyes and tried to feel what is going to happen the next day.He is reluctant to think what will happen if he and his grand father come face to face.He then got up and walked towards the tent of Drishtadyumna .

Arjuna could not help but  reminisce his child hood at Satasrunga mountain when his father was alive.Pandu used to teach him how to hold the bow when he was four years old

.After that Kripacharya instructed him the basics of Archery but more theoretical than practical .Then came into his life Dronacharya who extracted the best from him 

. He learnt ,he practiced,he excelled,he achieved.He owes his identity of an archer par excellence to Dronacharya in particular.

Then he had the good fortune of learning from Siva himself 

. The Pasupat mantra only once he recited. but he is able to grasp that thanks to his memory power.

Then he learnt the fourth and fifth vidhis of   Archery which no one knows apart from Siva himself. 

Then he was taught by his father Indra and other gods..He learnt every astra with utmost devotion and dedication.

But what is the end result? His whole knowledge is meant to be utilised against his grand father ,his Guru and his kith and kin.Will he be able to do it?

' Arjun,You are here?" Panchali'svoice brought him back to present.Arjun looked into her lotus eyes which always uplifted his spirits and encouraged him in his every step.He smiled at her and said.' Krishnaa your Arjun will never fail in his purpose. Don't worry. I am fine." 

Panchali bent her head down and said.' Did I ask you anything? Please don't think you are answerable to me. I feel guilty to see you in dilemma Arjun. I blame myself for instigating you all for war." 

Arjun stopped her.' Don't ever say that. We all are equally responsible for war. More than all of us,Jyesht Pita Dhritarashtr is responsible. Don't blame yourself.My dilemma has nothing to do with you at all

l.My concerns are my weaknesses.I will try and overcome my soft corner for Pitamah."

Panchali looked into his eyes and assured.' You will..Govind is there with you.

As Arjuna passed by the place where chariots and horses were getting arranged,Krishna is still there conversing with Daruka.

Daruka knew how to set the chariot and horses ..Why are you still here? Arjun asked with a bit of surprise in his eyes.His white horses are looking beautiful gearing up for the war ahead. 

His Devadutta and Krishna's Panchajanya are hanging on the right side of the wall. The celestial ape banner is fixed straight on top of the chariot.

Arjun caressed the horses and bent down to say...let us begin our most crucial journey together. 

Krishna added with a strange expression on his face...Yes..the chariot Of Dharma is waiting since a long time.. Finally the preparation is done with. We two also waited for this moment since ages to be in the Chariot Of Dharma. ..to fulfill the urge of destiny.

Arjuna gazed into his face that appeared Devine..You won't stop speaking in riddles. If it is the Chariot Of Dharma, Eldest has to ascend it not me..he tried to correct his Madhav.

Krishna laughed heartfully...Parth..the day you solve the riddle you will attain the purpose of your life...His words sounded different..thought Arjun.

The first day of the Great War dawned at Kurukshetr,with both the armies gathering momentum by their chief commanders who got themselves into the task of infusing energy and enthusiasm among them

.The chief commander of Kaurava army  Bhishma  went to the river Hiranvati in the early hours of the day.He stood in knee deep waters and offered arghya to Surya Narayan

.As he opened his eyes he saw his Ganga Mata walk towards him in the water flow with a smile that is pale and a bit sad.

He did Pranam and folded his hands.Ganga placed her hand on his head and said.' Blessings my son.May your wish be fulfilled." 

Bheeshma  had an understanding smile on his face. She didn't wish him victory.He knew the reason. She is aware of the outcome of war.

But still he couldn't help but ask.' You didn't wish me victory?" Ganga looked deep into his eyes.' My son,you really want to win the battle for Duryothan?"

Bheeshma replied tongue in cheek.' But I am fighting for him Mata?"

Ganga said with reluctance.' I know and you know who is going to win war.What is the use of my blessing? All blessings are meant for your dearest grandson the third Pandav. Swayam Narayan is with him." 

Gangaputr had a glow on his face hearing the mention of Arjun.He said softly.' My Arjun deserves victory Mata. He is Vijaya the invincible. He will surely redeem me from my tiresome journey of life." 

Ganga had tears in her eyes.' You don't know how painful it is to see you fallen. My heart breaks at the thought.is that the way you should end your life? "

Bheeshma looked detached. He confessed.' Justice should be done to Amba who took the form of Sikhandi.I owe her my life." 

Ganga blessed him and smirked.' Your Arjun is coming Bheeshm.I will go.May god bless you my son." 

Bheeshma looked back and found Arjun entering into the river. He is in trance immersed in thoughts. He wore a white dhoti without uttariya. 

His curly hair is  touching his shoulders enhancing the beauty of his face.

Bheeshma looked proudly at the bow marks on his shoulders that highlight the triumphs of the warrior Extraordinaire.

Arjun slipped in the water just to be caught by his grand father in time
.Gangaputr hugged him tight and scolded.' Why are you so absent minded? A warrior should always be alert and careful. Ofcourse you can come out on your own unless another damsel in distress abducts you again. 

Arjun 's face became red at the hint of Ulupi.He gazed into his eyes and said.' Pitamah how could you be so calm and cheerful?The war starts now. You look so charged up to wipe us out." 

Arjun's sarcastic comment made Bheeshma  smile.He patted him and said.' I am waiting for the arrows released from Gandiv to caress me all over. Don't deprive that bliss of me."  

Arjun remarked.' It is easy to say that. But too difficult for me to accomplish."

Duryothan came to the shore with Karn and called up.' Pitamah GuruDron waits for you to arrange the vyuha. I hope you remember that you are our chief commander. If you finish your interaction with your favourite grandson,come over now." 

Bheeshm's face became pale and he followed Duryothan. Arjun looked at his disappearing form with concern and heard his friend's voice.' Parth,come out now. Eldest waits for us.Panchali is ready with Aarti. Let us go." 

Arjuna's mind is still clouded with apprehensions. He knew his Pitamah is fighting a lost battle. He definitely believe in his Eldest's confession.

Yato dharmah Tato Krishnah
Yatah Krishnah tato jayah.

Where there is Dharma,Krishna is there. Where Krishna is,there victory happens.

But what is Dharma? 

Edited by ltelidevara - 5 years ago
Your concept for novelist contest is good and I look forward to reading that

For this story I just was rereading and thought of something

Now that all wives of Arjuna are at hastinapur please write something where Arjun favours Draupadi even if it upsets his other wives. Maybe something like celebrating his birthday or the wives having argument or just joking and saying something that hurts Panchali and arjun getting annoyed.

Also maybe make Panchali taunt about how he come late in night like he is stealing something that is not his or maybe he is not very proud to come to her.

I know it's not in parth's nature to hurt his other wives but maybe once in a while he will be too mad or depressed for some other reason etc. I just feel arjun never showed his other wives explicitly that he loves Panchali and maybe it is natural for them to feel a bit jealous of her beauty and hence try to make themselves feel good by taunting her. But going too farEdited by pari0706 - 5 years ago
Sorry for the delay. Will update soon.
Parikshit is fifteen years old. He is looking exactly like Arjun in every way. Priyamvada Who is still mourning Kunti's death expressed her surprise before Panchali.

Arjun used to be like Parikshit only .At this age he completed his training under Drona and returned...If Kunti is here,she would have said the same...Priyamvada stopped as her voice is choked with pain.

Panchali  wiped her tears..She knew how close she was to her mother in law. 

She said...Gurumata also always thinks of Mata only. She could not bear the thought of her departure.

Priyamvada sighed ...Your mother in law punished herself for her sins..I used to say she did not commit any wrong ...situations made her do so. She could not forgive herself for abandoning Karna ...What would have happened if she revealed her pregnancy ? Her father would have forsaken her...She would have given birth to Karna in an asylum . She would never have been able to marry Maharaj Pandu. Pandavas wouldn't have come into existence.

Panchali smiled ...And Draupadi wouldn't have born at all. She remarked.

Priyamvada nodded her head. I told her...She provided a better future for Karna by making him an adopted son of Adhiradha. Karna got a loving family..He got Duryodhana's friendship and Anga kingdom..

Panchali remained silent. She could never reconcile to the fact that Karna was the Eldest Of Pandavas.She could Still hear his insulting voice...She is a wh**e...She got five husbands..Take away her garment Dussasan!

Panchali shivered ..and walked to the window..,Priyamvada's voice is heard from behind..Princess...Ever since Kunti realised her part in sharing you..she did not sleep well. All along she convinced herself that you are better positioned as the wife of five,specially her Eldest who made you the queen..

But then she realised the other side of the issue..After realisation she was not able to spend much time with you here...I feel for Kunti.

Draupadi closed her eyes..she doesn't want to revisit her past..specially that defining moments...

Suddenly Chitra ,Ulupi and Subhadra entered followed by Arya and Alli.

Chitra's personal maid brought some portraits..

Ulupi revealed..Priyamvada Masi...Panchal Princess.,.Thsese were the portraits of prospective brides for Babhruvahan. The minister of Manipur sent them. We have to select some.

Chitra expressed her irritation..Ulupi atleast now don't call her princess. Call her queen.or empress. What will you call these brides then?

Alli commented sideglancing Panchali...Though she still looks like a Princess only on par with these brides to be..

Arya smiled and took Panchali s hand...She is of Devine origin. She is like Parvati,Lakshmi..

Subhadra nodded her head...Yes..After I understood this secret I relaxed.

Chitra laughed and said...Now check the portraits..who will suit Babhru..

Arjun loosened her hair and covered himself with her long tresses. The full moon is spreading nectar ..Panchali tried to get up from the jhoola.

Why are you looking upset? Arjun asked pulling her back again.

Panchali did not reply. Whenever Ulupi calls her princess Chitra raises objection. For Chitra she is the wife of five but for Ulupi she is the princess won by him.

Go and select your would be daughter in law..time to stop your midnight visits. Your daughter in law I mean Babhru's wife will arrive ..Chitra wants to get his marriage done here... Panchali said in a sulking tone.

Arjun raised his eyebrows..Why should I chose? Babhru has to like the girl not me. And about my mid nite visits ..I rejuvenate myself at this hour in your company. To get my energy and enthusiasm back I...should..he stopped and smiled.

Panchali s face turned red. She could not raise her eyes...years passed but the love did not diminish..the thrill did not diminish.,neither for him nor for her..Arjun caressed her eyes with his lips...Yajnaseni I am waiting for your answer..his magnetic voice made her bit her lip like she always does to control her emotions.

Edited by ltelidevara - 5 years ago
Loved it please update soon waiting for the next part
Superb update with full romance of ardi😊...now waiting 2 see panchali's reaction for arjun's midnight visit...also waiting 2 see babhru marriage n pari bravery n skills lyk his grandfather...update soon di...thank u so much 4 dis lovely update
Lovely update.

Love how chitra always shows her irritation on Panchali being called princess. Once again I would love Parth to see her irritation or her comment which is borderline rude.
Awesome update, loved it. Please show some moments where Arjun shows his concern and care for Draupadi in front of his other wives and family members, that would be nice to read.
Also, please post something related to events that can provide some light hearted moments during Babhru's marriage, like may be some funny incidents.

Please post the update soon and continue this wonderful story. Thank you.
can't wait for the next part - please continue soon
Originally posted by ltelidevara

Happy new year to all my readers..

Pardha,Unmesha,Pari,Divu,Sweetika...

May god bless you with prosperity and good health..

I posted one of my favourite updates. just to feel good old days...a new year gift...

Old is gold...I believe..

With good wishes

Lakshmi

Happy new year to you all , ( I know I am late , still it's January😛 , )  

Lakshmi di , again I am sorry I miss this thread sooo... much but can't do anything 

And yep , this is one of my favorite chappy too , actually thread 1 is my most favorite  , I mean there was Abhi , Kirti Pragati and that was the thread  where we saw most romantic ArDi  senses , 
I really don't know how many times I've read this story but still wish to read again... 

Love from all ArDi lovers to you for this wonderful story :-D