Bepannah,My thoughts, First time fathers!

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Bepannah ~My thoughts ~ep 79 5.7.18. First time fathers..

Pooja gave Adi a surprise. she was pregnant! Adi's jaw dropped she was must be joking!!  Did Pooja want a child to tie Adi down! So he could settle down in his fancy free and foot loose ways? Today I would like to start on a positive note. Since Pooja's pregnancy is subject to debate and through Sakshi's scathing attack upon Adi we find out how Pooja like most married women was keen to roost so she can  pin Adi down with responsibilities. However as par  Sakshi,Adi was one child who refused to grow up and wanted Pooja to mother him forever so how could he ever want to become a father??  I would like to deal with the issue of Adi being a first time father... some thoughts are social trends, that are not absolute and should be taken as generalizations. But it is the volley of blames fired at Adi today that makes me think like the way I do; consider suppositions that revolve around how Adi's image is portrayed in the episode where  he is taken to task for showing unwillingness to start a family...

Today's episode epitomizes covertly, the dreads of the first time fathers. Back in the day the onus lay more upon the woman to bear fruit. Add to the branches of the family tree. Things were expected to happen. Not much consultation happened between couples regards starting a family. Children, however were and still are considered a blessing to the family. However in keeping with the current trends, in the humdrum of living in the fast lane. Couples now show more caution in starting families. Issues like parents jobs,child care and welfare have to be taken into consideration. Where the wider family lends support in the child care and nurturing its seen as a big advantage for the parents of the child.

However cv's highlight some issues a first time fathers can face. Adi I would defend in this category  to  save his stance on being seen as the flippant husband who denied his wife mother hood due to his I can do no wrong attitude! Sakshi is a mouthpiece that, Pooja craved to become a mother. While for Adi, quite rightly too, as I see it, he wasn't quite ready. In fact the idea of starting a family should have been a joint decision. In Adi/Pooja case it appears to be Pooja's, and that too to buckle him!  For Adi , too, I believe  like other first time fathers, was aware it would mean a big change in  both their life styles. Being a new father will mean where previously he was the centre of his wife's attention. She  met all his  demands. His , place  will be overtaken by a needy new individual in their life. Like other first time fathers, Adi too will feel he  would share Pooja's his wife's attention, with the baby. Like other new fathers, Adi too, would have to adjust their life style. Make room for a new member. Like other first time fathers, who knows? Adi too also feared losing out on Pooja's love.. come across being neglected? Perhaps, like other first time fathers, Adi too  felt anxious and fearful  about  proving himself to be a responsible father? We hear, from Sakshi that Pooja already thought he was irresponsible! No wonder he was nervous...  can he be trusted with the care of another member other their wife? 

Pooja as we learn from Sakshi found Adi a handful. Forever depending on her to take responsibility for him too. To me Pooja somehow wanted to be in charge, in control of his life. She preferred him being dependent on her. It was a way of proving she was the ideal wife for him ready to cater to his every need and want. In a way she never really gave him a chance to be the protective husband. She smothered him, by molly coddling him!  so when Sakshi takes Adi to task by telling him, how could he father a child? As he himself was the man who never grew up from a boy.

Another reason Adi dreads, wanting to be a father, perhaps, that like some first time fathers, he too feels that he would need  to  give, up the social life that Pooja and him both enjoyed , to cater to the needs of the new arrival! Some new fathers feel, and for me, Adi may not be an exception, that becoming a father may compartmentalises them into being older, boring ,stressed men preoccupied with nappies, cots and buggies!  Mind you, Adi as Pooja saw him had a lot of catching up to do before he could  reach maturity. Having a baby  will change  a lot in his  life. like  other new fathers, he will have to  slow down ,rather than live  life in the fast lane, doing  things at the drop of a hat! as suddenly such preoccupations  becomes a thing of the past with the coming of a bundle of joy! I suspect the Adi, too generally like the contemporary man has to be pushed into becoming a father.. although many might avoid the idea, their baby has the potential to work miracles!  Pooja should have pressed harder! She kept mum! Some experiences First time fathers,  may also celebrate and Adi too could have done so, had he not been denied this by Pooja.  Celebrate the transition  wives go through from being a wife into a mother! Adi was kept in the dark!

However for Chiku the role model father he has in the shape of Harsh Hooda is enough to put any one off fatherhood! If at all Adi ever fathered a baby, something tells me he will not be an absent father like Harsh Hooda. Adi has never looked up to his father. Money, respectability, power always mattered to his father. The man gave him and Arjun some sordid memoires of fatherhood at an impressionable age. Children roles models are their parents in the main.. and Adi's reluctance to fatherhood stems through his own experiences. Even in this episode Harsh Hooda never fails to remind Adi how his grace and power as his father!  Keeps him afloat!  Wherever possible  his father, tries to put down Adi. In the recent court case scenario , he embraces Adi only to save his professional  credibility...  using Adi as a pawn.. some father!    

Spanner in the works! Sakshi's comes to Hooda house to reveal the truth and nothing but the truth!  she fall's upon Adi like a ton of bricks! Was this Pooja's bitter mother I see before my eyes? Or  a foster mother who loves Adi to this day. The manner in which she handles and shakes him roughly is like a mother who scolds an adolescent son. Her words are caustic accusations ,  bitter truths all said to Adi to reprimand him. Warnings to him to mend his ways. Makes me wonder she was doing the job Anjana should have done to turn Adi into a responsible husband. Pity is, how could Anjana have done so? Her own husband deserted her at one point in life.   

Sakshi is cruel to be kind to Adi. Regrettably she only picks on all his negative traits and forces him to see Pooja as a victim! nd Adi as the perpetrator. She refers to Adi's attitude of  always being right and others his well wishers in the wrong. Sakshi warns him his manner only goes to isolate him, as he devalues relationships.  Pooja married him for stability, but soon got to see his falling out with his family and throwing temper tantrums! The saddest wake up call from Sakshi to Adi is about Pooja expecting his child! and then having to abort it due to his indifference  of not wanting to start a family. The effect of this news is horrendous on Adi and he literally sinks to his knees under its strain. Like a child who covers his ears to blot out being told off by adults. Did Sakshi do this to neutralize the effect of Pooja  having an EMA and then carrying her lovers baby?? If so then how can she claim to love Adi? In fact all through  her tirade  she weighed him down with  censuring him for Pooja going astray! She even blames Adi for Pooja's abortion. Pooja to me. May  have been an ineffective wife.. keeping secrets from him.. right from her pregnancy to her abortion. Both of these issues are serious and required both Adi and Pooja's heads coming together .But it appears she executed it all by herself. To me Pooja seemed laid back even in lumbering Adi with responsibilities..   

Ok the whole Sakshi's section of showing Adi the mirror is to put in place self-corrective measures for Adi. She uses tough luck! approach! on Adi that his mother Anjana should have perhaps used on him?Sakshi aims, crudely though, to make Adi stop blaming others and accept some  responsibility for Pooja's action and not blame and dismiss  her entirely.. 

I take this episode as the finale where Adi hits rock bottom. The diary, the pregnancy report..  Sakshi's reprimand all push him to face those truths he may have blocked out due to his initial shock of being cheated by his best friend/cum wife. This episode should be seen as a spring board  for  Adi to  jump off and leave behind  his past mistakes.  If he plays his card right, there is life in abundance for him and true love too! with Zoya ke baachi!.. love Adiya  Bepannah!!  I may have digressed,but this is my way of getting my head around this powerful episode..Nearly  refrained from posting it!  Hamlet53 6.7.18      

Harshad chopra as Adi..  you were par excellence  in the episode .thank you for breathing life into a character like Adi..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Hammie another thoughtful post. I am happy u too agree sakshi speech was like that of Mark Antony speech in Julius ceasear. Though it appeared to be correcting adi infact it shifted the entire weight of pooja ema on him. The dialogue she aborted her child was last straw for me. How it can be just pooja's,it was adi's too. Base minimum he needed to know it's existence and should have had a hand in decision making. Yes pooja kept him dependant. Do read my post. I can't type the whole analysis of that speech again.  But ur right. Adi has hit rock bottom. And he can go only up. Zoya face was worth seeing through the entire tirade. She cringed and when he fell she wanted to rush to him ,especially when he called out zoya. But she controlled herself. That was not the time and place for that. She didn't had the authority to take charge of him or refute what sakshi said. As she herself was dealing with ghosts. But she will take charge and together they will come out from the shadow of pooja devi and yash bhagwan.
sun2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Superb dear Hamlet.
Your words - Harshad chopra as Adi..  you were par excellence  in the episode .thank you for breathing life into a character like Adi..

Yes, wish Harshad Chopda gets his due credit and sweeps all awards and continued successful projects that he is so deserving of. None on tv can compare to Harshad Chopda - the other shows pale and hold fleeting interest to me other than Bepannaah and have made me Bepannaah for this show.
mm250314 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Lovely words ...the stellar performance of Harshad in the episode.    ...he is so fine an actor that even  the entire universe finding faults with Aditya makes him vulnerable n child like  n we cannot hate him ...Dear Sakshi. -  No real love for Adi was there ...only your concern for your daughter...and  covering up of Pooja 's loose character was the agenda to expose the long list of defects in Adi's personality...Pooja  was just  a selfish person who was happy to have preconceived ideas about Adi ..   in fact both Yash n Pooja had beliefs that Zoya n Adi lacked many traits as being irresponsible immature .n what not ...
It is not true ...Adi had shown maturity in handling the difficulties with Zoya coz Zoya had trusted him ...
That is the difference between Adiya n  Poosh... Adiya had trusted each other to be able to rise up to the occasion where as..  Poosh had already believed that Adi n Zoya were  useless as  spouses .likewise Zoya was not such a weakling n hollow woman as Yash had declared her ...Adiya had some faults but Poosh were sinners n they had broken the trust n sanctity of marriage vows ...And Sakshi   She could not think of a single good quality in .Adi ...So pathetic writing ...the makers faults    ...Adi was blamed fully for Pooja 's illicit affair n abortion ...when Pooja had not been open n if he had said is this a joke Pooja had instantly branded him as irresponsible n had gone for abortion without actually discussing her wishes ...lame excuses were given to put the blame on Adi ...   Adi was perfect in portraying hurt anger disbelief n pain through his face n stance ...Sakshi had merely voiced a small word that cheating is not justified but her long tirade of angry words were aimed to blame Adi fully ...maybe to highlight his faults so that Pooja 's faithlessness is not talked about...Anjana was right in saying that imperfect situations doe not mean to go on n have an affair n be pregnant also ...   Pooja had loved that Adi was totally dependent upon her but in fact she was responsible for making him stay like that ...Who was stopping her from trying to mend him ...Aditya n Zoya had met for a brief period but still they were able to extract the best out of each  other ...Pooja n Yash in no way deserved Adiya ...Glad that a new phase shall begin ...Sakshi ..be there   . You will yourself wonder how these pure hearted characters who have been blessed by God to live shall now  be transformed...those who had sinned had perished ..
And ...  Adiya will be free from the tormentors Poosh n will rise from the brokenness ...the makers shd show that ...Adiya happy n moving on ...freed from the past clutches of two shameless spouses 's betrayal...after all Adiya were loyal ones n they deserve new beginnings. ...
enlightenme thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
What is your mind doesn't know your eyes can't see. That's what happened to Aditya here.

A child is an inspiration. But Aditya is through and through a product of problem family.With the kind of family he lived in it's very obvious he didn't want to have his own kids. Pooja only sympathised with him, she never felt an ounce of empathy for Aditya hence their relationship had short life. She never fought with him argued with him. What kind of relationship is that you always give in despite you being correct most of the times. Was Aditya, their relationship and their child not worth a fight for Pooja. She never ever tried to make him understand her stance (just the way Zoya does). She said certain lame things like 'Aditya tum kab Bade hoge', 'Jo khud jag jate hai unhe Jagani hi zarurat nahi parti' , was that enough for Aditya to understand, what is needed out of him from this marriage.

Any woman in Pooja's place would fight Aditya to keep the baby. Here, she didn't even find it necessary to inform him about the abortion. A child is a joint decision in fact she had more right on the child than Aditya because she was the biological mother, if she put her foot down in that instance no Aditya could stop her from being a mother, she was legally married for God's sake. Shakshi blamed Aditya for the abortion just because the thought of Pooja being pregnant was  unwelcome to him, but it was her daughter who took that decision of abortion.

Aditya definitely has some faults here, maybe he was a bit insensitive. He may be responsible for Pooja drifting apart from him. But, he is not responsible for her falling into another married mans's willing arms despite being married. She could have walked out of him inspite of stooping to the levels of cheating that too with a married man.

With Pooja and Yash, Aditya and Zoya had fallen in love. Poosh never actually treated Adiya as equals, always underestimated their ability to handle relationship, their truth.

The promos look promising and we are soon to witness a story where Zoya and Aditya will rise in love.
Edited by enlightenme - 5 years ago
geetkumar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey Hammie!!
Another brilliant post!!
Yesterday's episode left me with a heavy head and a heavy heart..
Yes I agree Adi was not a perfect husband as he thought himself to be. And I also agree with some of the points raised by Sakshi. But was it entirely his fault? No!! As a wife it was Pooja's responsibility to make him understand. She should have been vocal and put forth her needs. For god's sake she was his best friend. And I don't think any best friends would hide anything from each other. In fact she had an advantage that he was her best friend first and a husband later. Still she chose to hide everything from him. The things she shared with Yash, she could have said it to Adi. He was not some dictator who would have prosecuted her was it. She could reprimand him for various things but couldn't tell him what she desired most? Well to me that is utter nonsense!!
Who gave her the right to make all the decisions alone. I repeat my question, Did she ask him? Did Aditya say that no Pooja, I do not want this child, get rid of it! She took that decision alone!! Why!
Aditya is an antaryami, He can read her mind!!
Bulldozing him with all the blame for the failure of the marriage, not acceptable to me.
I agree with Anjana here. Every marriage has problem. There is no married couple on this earth who might have not undergone any kind of turbulence. So everyone should go and have an EMA.
I am sorry Sakshi, but that was below the belt.
She might think that she loves Adi, but she certainly behaves as a bereaved mother bent on extracting a little revenge.
Zoya need not have any dialogues. Her eyes and her face said it all. She was as heart broken for Adi as if it was her own pain. But she couldn't go to him.
Harshad chopda, I salute you. You have rendered me speechless.
Sorry  Hammie, for dumping all my frustration here. Actually saw the episode just then which made me very angry.
I think once you see the episode you will realise why. 
Seriously I am tired of this blame game and guilt trip. I just want it to end already. 
Love Geet .
Edited by geetkumar - 5 years ago
LoveAnushka thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Spare me for my thoughts! I am just 16 yrs but something right I know is...
I do not agree with this statement, 

Being a new father will mean where previously he was the centre of his wife's attention. She  met all his  demands. His , place  will be overtaken by a needy new individual in their life. Like other first time fathers, Adi too will feel he  would share Pooja's his wife's attention, with the baby. Like other new fathers, Adi too, would have to adjust their life style. Make room for a new member. Like other first time fathers, who knows? Adi too also feared losing out on Pooja's love.. come across being neglected?

For me, love doesn't competes but completes. Makes a family not takes one away! I simply know that whatever it may be, new time father or anything, something I know from what I have learnt that people shouldn't be insecure or need not be as the arrival of new one is just to make you care, trust and love more thank before. I might be wrong but from a young age every sister, even me, is told, your new sibling is going to be your friend and love isn't going to divide but multiply and in real life it does. 

But yes I agree that Adi seeing a father like Harsh, can not easily put himself into those shoes of fatherhood. And as Sakshi scolded him, which Anjana should have but how could she when her own martial life fell apart. So yes maybe Adi was right somewhere. But Sakshi was also not. She wasnt cruel to be kind. A mother would make you sleep, be transparent to her, be the friend as mother but would scold and slap you too! Even though Pooja was wrong at cheating, but as a mother she can understand the pain to abort a child of your flesh. Pooja is wrong but for me even Aditya is wrong. Flaws are meant to be told by mothers only. Sakshi, I feel, is genuinely a mother for Adi too. Her eyes say that she does love Adi, but she loves Pooja too. And not giving any explaination from both sides, she stated the truth, yes a bit harsh it would  seem or was but she said for the better future.

I don''t know why everyone are seeing Adi as victim but even Pooja, Sakshi, Zoya, Anjana, Harsh was victim, in other ways. So being told the story, there is a story of every character too and everyone are right on their selfs but are wrong on other side of coin. Even forum members see the bad in Pooja and Sakshi, but even Adi was wrong many times then why butcher only Pooja and Sakshi? That is not fair in the race. 

Maybe we need to see other side of coin as well!

Sorry if anyone finds my comment offensive. But what I felt to state I just wrote the thoughts running in my mind. But yes there are some points to which I agree and some to which I don't. So sorry if you are offended by my comment.😊

Love,
Anushka
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Hello Shruti.. ðŸ˜ƒ     I need to read your post... will have to hunt the post 
Hammie another thoughtful post. I am happy u too agree sakshi speech was like that of Mark Antony speech in Julius ceasear. yes... she really was  saving her daughters image... replying  to all the insults   she received in Hooda house after...
 Though it appeared to be correcting adi infact it shifted the entire weight of pooja ema on him. The dialogue she aborted her child was last straw for me. How it can be just pooja's,it was adi's too. Base minimum he needed to know it's existence and should have had a hand in decision making. Yes pooja kept him dependant. Do read my post. I can't type the whole analysis of that speech again.  But ur right. Adi has hit rock bottom. And he can go only up. Zoya face was worth seeing through the entire tirade. She cringed and when he fell she wanted to rush to him ,especially when he called out zoya. But she controlled herself. That was not the time and place for that. She didn't had the authority to take charge of him or refute what sakshi said. As she herself was dealing with ghosts. But she will take charge and together they will come out from the shadow of pooja devi and yash bhagwan
MORE of this will come up in Friday's episode... thing is both Yash and Pooja wanted to wash their hands off their partners... they had found each other nothing else mattered.. Shruti will hunt your post  from the back pages... your thoughts on a very devious episode... will read your Friday one too...  much love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sun2011

Superb dear Hamlet.  hello sun..😃 good to see you

Your words - Harshad chopra as Adi..  you were par excellence  in the episode .thank you for breathing life into a character like Adi..
he is a fine actor...
Yes, wish Harshad Chopda gets his due credit and sweeps all awards and continued successful projects that he is so deserving of. None on tv can compare to Harshad Chopda - the other shows pale and hold fleeting interest to me other than Bepannaah and have made me Bepannaah for this show.
what a befitting award of words sun... I guess the man speaks for himself..  thanks for reading and commenting much love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail
helloo mm... and many pardons for turning up late ,even now watching England v Sweden.. match
      Lovely words ...the stellar performance of Harshad in the episode.    ...he is so fine an actor that even  the entire universe finding faults with Aditya makes him vulnerable n child like  n we cannot hate him . its the dramatic irony we  know the reality!..Dear Sakshi. -  No real love for Adi was there ...only your concern for your daughter...and  covering up of Pooja 's loose character was the agenda to expose the long list of defects in Adi's personality...Pooja  was just  a selfish person who was happy to have preconceived ideas about Adi ..   in fact both Yash n Pooja had beliefs that Zoya n Adi lacked many traits as being irresponsible immature .n what not ...
It is not true ...Adi had shown maturity in handling the difficulties with Zoya coz Zoya had trusted him ...  that's where he went wrong... too much dependence on the woman who preferred him  child like so she can  get up to her tricks!
That is the difference between Adiya n  Poosh... Adiya had trusted each other to be able to rise up to the occasion where as..  Poosh had already believed that Adi n Zoya were  useless as  spouses .likewise Zoya was not such a weakling n hollow woman as Yash had declared her ...Adiya had some faults but Poosh were sinners n they had broken the trust n sanctity of marriage vows ...And Sakshi   She could not think of a single good quality in .Adi ...So pathetic writing ...the makers faults    ...Adi was blamed fully for Pooja 's illicit affair n abortion ...when Pooja had not been open n if he had said is this a joke Pooja had instantly branded him as irresponsible n had gone for abortion without actually discussing her wishes ...lame excuses were given to put the blame on Adi ...   Adi was perfect in portraying hurt anger disbelief n pain through his face n stance ...Sakshi had merely voiced a small word that cheating is not justified but her long tirade of angry words were aimed to blame Adi fully ...maybe to highlight his faults so that Pooja 's faithlessness is not talked about...Anjana was right in saying that imperfect situations doe not mean to go on n have an affair n be pregnant also ... 
have to say that Anjana was not taking her boy's side   she was pointing out  Pooja's weakness... Anjana went through the bad time when her husband left her... but  she stayed virtuous... Sakshi knew her daughter any excuse ..
  Pooja had loved that Adi was totally dependent upon her but in fact she was responsible for making him stay like that ...Who was stopping her from trying to mend him ...Aditya n Zoya had met for a brief period but still they were able to extract the best out of each  other ...Pooja n Yash in no way deserved Adiya ...Glad that a new phase shall begin ...Sakshi ..be there   . You will yourself wonder how these pure hearted characters who have been blessed by God to live shall now  be transformed...those who had sinned had perished ..
 wonderfully worded thoughts... me to   completely   agree
And ...  Adiya will be free from the tormentors Poosh n will rise from the brokenness ...the makers shd show that ...Adiya happy n moving on ...freed from the past clutches of two shameless spouses 's betrayal...after all Adiya were loyal ones n they deserve new beginnings. ..
even Fridays episode was about Poosh being cruel to  Adiya... cant wait to see the end of    a pair of cheats... thanks so much  for a fantastic, detailed comment... enjoyed reading it.. much love hammie