Why these tacky symbolism???

arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I just saw recent promo with Mauli bringing Nandini home. Mauli entering first. Kunal-Nandini entering together & suddenly the name plate of the house falls, door garland falls on KuNan.

Why the hell are CVs pushing KuNan so desperately? Why not let them develop steadily? Everyone knows what this show is all about. Then why push it with those tacky symbolism. Is it too much to expect a decent Indian soap with realism where things eventually take turn without such pathetic name-plate breaking & what not. Everyone knows even perfect marriages fall apart due to various reasons. We wanted to see those reasons develop eventually.

This show is going to make absolute mockery of friendships, marriage, domestic violence & what not. They want to go typical way of showing Mauli with negative shades. I won't be surprised if a month later Mauli turns exactly like Ragini from Swaragini with blind support from her mom. First, get done with Rajdeep, then proceed. Meanwhile show Kunal as responsible human being rather than showing him as future potential cheater again & again when he helps Nandini.

I wanted to watch this show to see how things grow between Mauli-Nandini-Kunal eventually. But here CVs are hell bent on showing Nandini as a home-wrecker at the end of the day with Kunal being a football who can be kicked in anyone's court.

I wanted to see Mauli-Nandini equation in a lot more depth, Nandini growing on her own without these regular symbolism. Anyhow they have to justify KuNan asap without building any firm grounds for it.

Kunal saved Nandini from accident in Goa was normal. Any sensible human being on seeing a distressed person can go to this length to save them. I have seen real-life incidents of the same. Kunal again saving Nandini from pool, again he was there at the moment. Him saving her yesterday, again he got the distress call which was supposed to be for Mauli. These were coincidents & not any symbolism. But promo is filled with symbolism of so many negative things as of now.

Every amazing Indian show turns this way. I don't think content will ever rule Indian TV shows. One more show ruined for me.

P.S- No bashing please. I am disappointed with the latest promo. Refrain from making any personal comments on this post. Constructive criticism is welcome but no one is allowed to bash anyone for having a different opinion. Please stay away if you can't stand it rather than creating a post war.
Edited by arshi_asya - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Symbolism would hv looked good if Kunal was not a married guy .. but with Kunal being married all this garland symbolism between KunAn trying to show them as soulmates looks bad 

Writers should not rush with the whole affair part or try to show how KunAn r already soulmates etc etc .. it wont go well with viewers because this is not like any other love story .. here there is a marriage angle and Kunal is a already comitted guy who has a wonderful wife ..

madlal thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
😛😛😛
I remember laughing my heart out at the scene where the garlands fall on Kunal and Nandini.it was so not warranted.But it being a hindi serial,come on ,we have to expect some tackiness.but this was heights.😃😃
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Yeah, that promo was OTT. I hope the actual episodes don't have such scenes. This angle of Kunal and Nandini are 'destined' to end up together and Kunal-Mauli marriage is 'destined' to break is a bit too much. Basically, this whole 'destined' angle does come across as a superficial justification for the Kunal and Nandini love-story to happen. Instead they need to deal this with more depth and sensitivity.
Rosh4rose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

We are moving forward , but every show on TV tries to pull audience backward !

All nonsense signals , who follows all these craps now a days !

See how it goes ...
madlal thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
There was another SBS in which Mauli and Kunal come out and sees Nandini cooking, Kunal sits down to tie his shoes and he looks up and his expression changes as if seeing someone in a new light. Now see that is what I want, the starting of awareness, the change in look and mannerisms, then Kunal smiles and dismisses the action and walks away. I loved that.
But I did not like Varmala falling on them, nameplate breaking and so forth.
Sir-Please thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
What an un-neccessary promo...for some reason Indian TV always fails to understand their audience/own show.

All the respective characters are not even anywhere near ready to move on with their lives much less with another partner. There's a big disconnect between the show itself and what they're showing in the promos.

It's just a cheap trick to get people to talk abt it I guess...hope the show/content itself is more mature than this promo.
Angels11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
You missed all that sudden storm in Mumbai which smashed Mauli-Kunal's wedding photo when Kunal was saving Nandu hero ISTYLE in Goa. It was so OTT Bollywood 1970s type scene, the wedding photo shattering, I was actually LOL at that scene. I almost expect a scene with another storm, rain, temple bells clanging & either Nandu or Mau angrily ranting to god in Mandir.

Subtlety & Indian shows is an oxymoron. And the only romance & chemistry is trip-fall-catch-eyelock-chest heave-asthma. FACEPALM!

I think the makers made a major blunder by showing Nandini & Mauli 2 b BFFs. It makes the proposed track honestly uncomfy for many viewers. The CVs c'd ve simply shown Nandini 2 b a stranger whom they befriend in Goa & accidentally save her. Now how are they gng 2 make the viewers continue to empathize with Nandini & not feel bad for Mouli 😕
BayAreaGuru thumbnail
Yeah these kind of tacky symbolism and apshakuns are completely unnecessary. I would have understood maybe 1 or 2 but what they are showing is not needed. ðŸ¤” Edited by BayAreaGuru - 5 years ago
Alohomora_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I was just talking about this yesterday. More than any other reason it is the promotion of blind superstitious beliefs that irked me! Why the unnecessary photo frame breaking, name plate breaking,maala falling etc etc? Why promote such blind superstitious age old omens ki dekho photo gir gaya toh kuch bura hone wala hai ya name plate gir gaya toh rishta tootne wala hai .I thought this show was going to be different from the rest of the OTT regressive shows on Tv at the moment but by promoting such regressive ideas it looks like they are trying to be like just any other show on TV right now. And instead of showing bad omens happening one after the other whenever KuNan meet , why not focus on more logical details of KuNans bonding or why they start seeing a potential friend in each other. Like maybe they develop an emotional bond because both of them feel lonely somewhere down within.There are so many things that can be explored between them without this unnecessary and lame symbolism. I would like CVs to focus on the more realistic and sensitive aspects of their equation instead of showing this lame maala girna and frame tootna rubbish. Dont just show destiny is doing its work.Please focus on the logical and realistic aspects too.