Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IMA9167 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Unsulzi Dor

geet took a deep breath before entering the building, she was scared a bit thinking of the consequences, if not for her lovely darji she will never put herself here huffing a breath, she yet again ignored her mobile which cried for her attention, she knew if she paid any attention to the caller she will panic,its not easy to hear her over protective, self obsessed brothers to give her a lecture on what she is doing ,well!! Going to do now,for darji she again said those words thinking they will give her enough strength to get through this,well they did and finally she stepped inside the mansion...

If she was impressed with mansion outside view now she was  in awe with its interior decorations...being a architect she couldn't help herself praise the one who designed it,if only she knew she will give him/her a series of praises and may get a offer to work with, kicking her over active brain she looked at the matter at hand, she looked at the members ahead who were in some serious discussion...she was about to make her presence when her cell again rang loudly making others to look at her, she cursed her brother and cut the call...she looked ahead noting all eyes on her, she said a meek hello which none acknowledged..and the man continued

Man:dadima, its final I am not doing that..

Dadi:so you are ready to get engaged even after knowing you are married...

Man:againdadima I don't consider its even a marriage, so why fuss, and for engagement..No, I never said yes, I am just opposing your marriage thing...

Geet cleared her throat sesing she entered on wrong time: excuse me.

Man:no,you are not excused and who are you, what are you doing here...

Geet:looked at the man with rage thinking how dare he yet politly replied :I am geet handa ,here to meet maan singh Khurana

Seems like her words stilled them, there was no reaction, but after a moment she saw the elderly woman whom he called dadi brusting into laugh

The man strode towards her in anger and stood before her he seems offended, she looked around only to find their change in expressions, the couple seems displeased, while the younger ones were muffling their giggles, the only woman who looked around her age was shooting draggers at her, what exactly she did she couldn't fathom, did she said something unexpected...her thoughts stopped with his voice

Man:I am maan singh Khurana, and why do u want to meet me..

Geet: who..Hmm..i am geethanda..

Maan: that's second time you are saying your name...why are you here that's what I want to know!!?

He ended with sarcasm making geet grit her teeth; well she was forming her words to convey when he continued humiliating her and her family...

Maan: let me do the honors, you are here to claim me as your husband...

Dadi:maan

Maan: dadi please,I do know how these small town girls mind think..Turning to geet he continued...so where was I..Yes..So you are here for...

Geet: no, not for what you think, but I need you to come with me to hoshiyarpur...my darji..geet barely continued controlling her anger, her brothers were right, she shouldn't come here...alone

Maan: so u need money for your darji..Well think he is ill and all...so how much..

Dadi: maan enough son..you r..

Maan:I am just making it easy dadi...for her

Geet:what ever you are thinking is wrong,I am just here to ask you for coming with me to hoshiyarpur and end the thing what ever they did to us back then..

Maan: wow impressive you beat me with your thinking, you want me to come with you, business tycoon maan singh Khurana ,and give you a privilege to think that ever my name was attached with you, were this another plan to extract money from khuranas...knowing how rich I am, how come you never showed up to end this thing, but why now of all days when my family was in talks about my marriage...did you thought its perfect time for putting your plan in action...

Geet: are you mad, don't think so high of yourself...I don't need your money, I am here to end this..

Maan: so ,if you don't want money than you want publicity..Did you bring press with you for a sob story being the abandoned bride of maan singh Khurana...come now say what are your intentions are!!??

Geet looked at the person who was arrogant and self obsessed, she thought how can a man be such a jerk, she knew talking with him will lead no where, so she just passed him and went to the elderly lady  whom he referred as dadi...she folded her hands before her..

Dadi:dear..i am sorry for maan behavior, how is your darji, is he fine...

Geet: he is,dadi..hmm..mam..i

Dadi:you can call me dadi dear..

Maan:dadima that girl was here..

Dadi:I will look after why is she here, if you let her speak some words

Geet: dadi, my family wants me to marry my childhood friend rishab, but darji was upset thinking what ever happened in past, villagers will not let my marriage happen without snide marks, so he wants my past to end where it started before I starts fresh, papa and my brothers were dead against it, they thought past had nothing to do with my future, but darji thoughts were all about the villagers, who will not let a chance to point out mistakes, even though he is village head he wasn't immune to gossip, you do know how people in hoshiyarpur are, this thing was making him stress from past few days, I want my darji happy and stress free, so could you please ask your grandson to just come with me and sign few papers before village panchayat ending all this...darji will be happy...

Dadi:I know dear, whatever happened in past was not small thing, your darji and my husband thought it will strengthen their friendship, that's why they tied you and maan in marriage before ten years ..You were ten years then, you don't remember dear..do u...it was  a grand wedding back then...people talked about days..About how good things were..dadi said remembering how happy her husband was

Geet:that's what probably disturbing darji...the talk...dadi I don't remember anything,I don't want anything from your grandson,just a sign..i could have bring the papers with me dadi,but village panchayat had certain rules,I guess you do know,so I want him to come with me...and end it and make my darji stress free...

Dadi:even I wants that dear,well I wassaying maan samething a few minutes before you came,evenmaan was getting engaged to sameerasoon,soits good for him too,to end his past.

Dadi eyed maan remembering the conversation they had moments ago,thechopras came today for a match between maan and sameera,she was never fond of sameera but her son and daughter in law were so impressed with her,that they were about to say yes,but she had to interrupt,maan don't deserve a girl like sameera who was full of herslf and selfish,shealways consider annieand Vicky as rivals,her another grand children who were abonded of love thanks to her son,but she did her best in giving them values,but she failed in terms of maan,who faced ugly things in small age and made himself strong,but his mind was set that people were always behind his money...,she was afraid maan may say yes giving into his business mind,but thankfully he denied,but his parents tried to pursue him saying sam was perfect match and blah blah when she again intervened stating maan was married ten years before in hoshiyarpur,andhandas were still waiting for his return,maan was shocked knowing that he was married that too ten years before which he denied not even matter to him and he was not even going to talk with them...even he was sure handas forget about it,if even they showed up it was only for the money not for the word which they gave to Dadaji...they were still in heated argument when geet showed up stating she is geethanda which made dadi cracked up not for geet but seeing maan reaction...

Maan:dadi..you are agreeing to her..what if all this is..

Dadi:maan,will you for once think positive,all are not manipulators she said eyeing sam and herown son and his wife..there are some genuine persons like geet too which made geet smile while dadi patted her cheeks with love,whilemaan and sam rolled their eyes..

Geet:okdadithanks,I will leave now...papa will me waitig for me.

Dadi:nodear,not so soon,I will also come with you,but not today..tomorrow morning

Geet:morningdadi,no no  brij and arjun will go mad,not to forget papa will panic dadi,they don't know I was here,its just darji I told my whereabouts...they will

Maan:I thought your boyfriend name is rishab..wow now brij and arjun...

Geet:they are my brothers you arrogant snob...

Maan:how dare you,u little village ..

Geet:how dare I,what do u even know about me to assume things,what do u think of youself...a  god!!??

Maan:well I am rich,handsome,and had an empire to run..which makes me no less than.

Geet:you are rude,arrogant,irritating,selfobsessed,if nothing more you are not even good at treating a guest and a worst host

Maan:u spoilt brat..

Dadi:enoughmaan,not a word..turning to geet,dear I will talk with your darji will u make a cal for me..

Geet nodded still glaring at maan,that man made her blood boil talking nonsensenot even dadi and geet took a step when they heard

Sam:maan don't waste your time on her,she isn't worth it,maan if u mind me coming with you,tomorrow just to support you,we don't know what they planned and...

Maan father and mom:yesson,sam is right we too will come with you,to know what exactly they want from us...

Maan left from there glaring dadi and geet who just rolled her eyes at him,as said dadi talked with a anxious darji who was worried about his precious child,dadi promised him to take care of geet,once they finished the caldadi found herself along with geet and her sweet grandchildren in room while all left ,when and where she cared less,she called annie and Vicky towards her who seemed confused with the happenings and made then introduce with geet,and asked annie to share room with geet..annie was morethan happy to have geet with her,whilegeet was reluctant annie brushed off saying its not everyday she had company so they should enjoy,geet smiled at her talks and all had dinner not worrying about others they retrived to bed,hoping for  next day

Well next morning was really not so pleasant for maan thinking about the unwanted trip yet for his dadi he gave in and came down only to see his family was already waiting for him outside,whenheneard them he could hear excited voice of ...

Annie:its so beautiful

Maan:whats so beautiful annie..

Vicky:bro..this,did u order this..wow bro

Maan was also surprised seeing a jaguar xe red colour:this...

Geet came with dadi:mine...this is my car..

Vicky:wowgeet I love this..

Annie:nice one geet

Geet:if u want,u can join me along with dadi...

Maan:no,I don't trust your driving,I can drive my family...don't know you even know how to ride it,let alone how YOU got it.

Annie:bhai,that's rude

Vicky agreed with annie giving adisaproval look to maan while dadi glared at maan.

Geet:I am in one piece,if u see mister,I came here by driving this,and for getting this..its my bday gift from..

Maan:yourboyfriend,I must have known..

Geet:will you ever let others complete their words...my father,from my father.she stressed on the words gritting her teeth.

Maan:a jaguar ..gift from your father...what does he do...

Geet:none of your concern...saying she pulled her shades on and took her seat to drive much to maan protest dadi ,Vicky and annie went along with her ignoring him...maan gritted his seeing seeinggeet attitude and went to join his family while sam family followed him in their car planning to impress maan.

It took whole three hours for them to reach and maan will not even accept to others that geet is  good at driving,time and again she made sure she was followed by him and they didn't miss route ,its not he didn't know the way yet her guesture made him feel good,when he got out the sight before him made speechless,he thought she belonged to middle class family but in no way the masion before him will fit in that category...if not big than the handa mansion was not less than Khurana mansion...the first thought crossed was ..is he wrong about her and her family!!??but again shrugged thinking this was all to impress him..an act may b...hardening his impressive expressions he was about to enter when he saw her delaying her entry and looking up..on closer look he find that she was praying..

Maan:I will make sure all your prayers and plans are ruined,

Geet gave him a disgusting look and continued her pray closing her eyes

Maan took another minute and coulnt help the smile that trying to break free but his devil mind opened and cautioned him,maan you are smiling at her antics,she is making an impact on you

Maan:no..maan shouted aloud making geet to jerk open her eyes and cursing him for disturbing her prayer she went inside to see her family.

She reluctantly entered and saw her darji and her father greeting dadi while maan parents too were eagerly taking notice of each and everything leaving chopras to entertain themselves,she smirked looking at them until yesterday they thought her as some village girl today they were eager to know about her,she was about to go in when her father voice stopped her,making a cry face she turned to him...

Mohinderhanda:geet

Geet:papa..i am sorry

Mh:do u even know how worried we are...

Geet:sorrypapa,its just darji was being worried and he was spoiling his health..so I thought why not end his worries once and for all...

Brij:and put us to new worries

Geet pouted looking at brij,while he ignored knowing he will melt in a moment if he looked at her

Arjun:andgeet you went alone,atleast you could have taken ramukaka to drive

Geet:and he wil let u all knew what I was upto. Geet said with baby face while arjun turned his face

Finally she turned towards darji and her mother who were smiling ,she pleaded to them to save her from their over protectiveness but they only shrugged their shoulders saying it was her fault that she left without informing them,even though what she did was good but they were worried about her.

Geet:I am sorry verrji..geet said in a meek voice knowing this tone always work...and in a count of three her both brothers were on their side..

Brij: its ok geet ,what you did was correct but you must have informed any one of us,u do know how worried we all are!!?

Arjun:Gudiya ,you will never repeat this type of behavior ever again,I almost lost my mind,searching for you...

Geet:I informed darji and mom

Brij &arjun:what!!?

All three looked at them while they both exchanged nervous glance,truegeet did told them but knowing how difficult this brothers are,she didn't reveal them where geetwas,afterdadi calling darji slowly rano revealed things to them...it took hell lot of energy to make them agree for a night geet staying in unknown place,she couldn't even imagine what could b her state if she told anything before...

Rano:I said she went to meet someone

Geet:but mom I clearly told you where I am going...didn't i!!??

Brij:mom u let her go alone..

Pari:no,not alone I was with geet ...

All turned towards the voice and Vicky literally gasped parineeta...while sam paled seeing the very person who rejected her.

Pari:I was with geet until she decided to stay at mansion,I went to my place assuring geet is fine...aunty asked me to go with geet.

Geet looked at her mom pounting that she missed the grilling session from her son's..as always her moms pet saved her:yes,yes,pari was with me she said faking a smile

Geet father came towards geet placing a hand on her head,geet just hugged him:sorry papa he nodded turning to dadi:maaji u should rest.

Geet:papa,first let dadi introduce with my two body gaurds

Dadi:bodygaurds..

Geet:yesdadi...meet brijhandaand arjunhanda...the most protective brothers in world...geet said giggling

Both brij and arjun came forward to take dadiblessings,when her father said

Mh:brij runs handa hotels in Mumbai maaji,he is planning to open branch in delhi,whilearjun looks after handa constructions in Mumbai..u do hear about them maaji,

Dadi smiled eyeing maan who was still in shock knowing who geetis,anddadi decided to give him a reality chek as she already know what geet does...

Dadi:and our geet

Geet:I am still learning dadi...

Brij:my sister looks after hc in delhi,

Arjun:she is architect..and ...geet decided to stop her brothers ,if it was in their hands they will receit her biodata

Geet:dadi,pari..parineetaKhanna,my cousin , she owns k fashion in delhi...

Pari took blessings from dadi while her eyes landed on sam who was still looking uncomfortable .

Pari:hello..sameeraright..what are you doing here,in my house

Vicky:do u know her!!??

He asked to gain her attention,butparireplied not taking her eyes of sameera

Pari:yes,welllets say it was an interesting meeting,what say sameera..

Sam:excuse me,...mom  dad,we need to leave I got an assignment tomorrow,

Pari:ho,wow,which fashion house assigned U!!??

Sam:I need to go bye

Not even saying her bye to khuranas ,she and her family left,chopras knew there was no way they could continue the match seeing how impressive maan parents were,welldadi was always against this match,now they too lost hopes knowing who handaswere,sameera ran from there knowing pari was about to share how she got rejected in her first assignment.whilesam told others that she turned down the offer.

Maan looked at a running sam but what caught his attention was geetgiggle,if he had a doubt she was making an impact on him,now he was sure she did something to him,the girl who was surrounded in protectiveness and was treated as princess just got insulted by him that too for her darjisake,was this called love,did this thing even exsisted in this world,meanworld.he knew what he did was wrong,he blamed her,well insulted her,but he thought her as other girls who throw themselves at him for his money.he knew he was guilt ridden and had to apolozise to her,but the question is,how to face her.

Geet send her brothers to take care of their work,which she knew they neglected yesterday in her worry,the continuous calls were given proof to that, geet asked dadi ,if she was tired need some rest but dadi brushed her worries saying she is fine,mr&mrs. Khurana excused themselves after talking with mohinder in pretext of freshen up.leavingrano, darji,pari,Vicky,dadi and a ignored maan in corner,not that he was actually ignored by all dadi did introduced them and exchanged pleasentries,butgeet never spared him another glance and he didn't know what to do.

Geet:sopari how come you are here..!!?

Rano:I called her,evenrishab was coming tomorrow morning,remember tomorrow our khuldevi puja in temple.

Pari:and I saved my badimaa from her son's,what say badimaa,perfect timing na.

Rano:ofcourse my lovely daughter,she gave alook to geet and kissed pari

Geet:papa loves me more,mom...

Pari:ofcourse,butbadimaa loves me more.

Dadilaughed:are you girls really handle business...

Pari:hoodadi,u don't know GH then,how ever childish she was around her family ,she is a strict boss.

Geet:anddadipari's yell can make a top model shake..and you do know how good she was in lieing,she was never with me,just to save mom from brij and arjun she lied that she was with me,geet said pounting

And they both continued chatting making maan feel ignored he saw how his dadi and annie were jelled with them,even Vicky was involved in their talks but none acknowledged him,its not he was a talkative person,but seeing them chat even in lunch,and his dadi out rightly rejecting her nap in noon and continuing their talk was beyond his understanding.finally giving up on them he decided to attend his office calls,which he kept ignoring now and then ...it was almost dinner time and he can still hear his dadi loud laugh,hisdadi can laugh this loud which itself was a new discovery for him.he still kept himself busy until there was  aknock on door and a servant came informing about dinner.

When maan came he saw the the whole family was seated there..he hesitated to join them when he felt a hand on her shoulder.

Dad:comemaan,atleast today we can eat like family,she said pointing his parents.

He knew dadi missed this,his parents were mostly busy in their life,they never gave time to neither of them,and he was busy with his own business which he tried to take new heights,and he gave very little time to his sibblings and dadi...which he was feeling guilty now,he knew they too were busy men like him,yet they give importance to family unlike him.he took his seat and was having dinner silently looking at how much they pampered geet and pari,her brothers look at them like they were kids,his eyes turned to annie who was looking at them smiling ,he tried to find any longing in her but she was just enjoying her dinner,but her eyes misted when rano coaxed her to eat more.and he knew she missed this,the motherly love even though dadi was there,but a mother  was absent in her life.sighning he was about to go back when ..

Rano:tomorrow is our puja in temple almost all villagers will b there,if you could join ...you both can sign the papers there...

Geet agreed even dadi agreed reluctantly finally he too gave a nod,he had nothing to say..what ever they had in past must end tomorrow.

Maan laid on his bed wide awake thinking about the day,which proved him wrong more than ones,his opinion about geet,his behavior towards his family,most  importantly what he was missing in life,even though he tried he couldn't stop himself from thinking about geet,the girl stood against him but not once she disrespected him,even after his rude behavior she never insulted him,she had a chance to convey about his behavior to her family but she didn't,she behaved like there was nothing that went wrong.she behaved like a perfect host unlike him .he knew she will never look at him again after what he did,but he must apolozise her.

The next morning a determined maan tried to find geet but was disappointed knowing from dadi that geet went to temple with pari,he was trying to make excuse when rano announced that they should move now,its time for puja ,he grinned like a fool and was forming words to talk with geet.he eagerly entered temple and saw geet was helping a old man with steps ,she smiled when he blessed her ,and on seeing her family she came to them and her brothers came eiter side of her making no entry for him,he frowned seeing them and before they sat for puja darji suggested something to brij and he went to get a man with aregister and maan knew what it was,even though it didn't matter to him,but the thought of breaking only connection with her made him feel uneasy,and when geet signed forwading the book to him he too signed .he knew nothing changed beween them but he tried to change..he did know what love is...its too early to evenname it as love for him,and he was not in an age of attraction r infactuation,when he don't know what this feeling is,but being with her he can understand relations better,familybetter,so being friends seems a nice option.only if she agreed.

Handas sat for puja and dadi insisted that they can leave after attending puja so maan agreed thinking he still had a chance to talk with geet,she sat between her parents in puja,maan kept looking at her and smiled,she tried hard to concentrate on pujabuther eyes kept betraying her,she was about to fall asleep but kept her eyes open and finally her lids closed and her headfell softly on mr.handashoulder,mrs.handa tried to wake geet but her hand was stopped in mid by three hands,maan smiled seeing howmuch her father and brothers adorned her,her father slightly made her lie onhis lap without disturbing when brij made air forher using paper fan and arjun was coaxing her mother to let geetsleep.if everanything happened betweenthem,maan promised himself to take care of her like her family because she deserves no less.its almost an hour and puja was about to finish when mr.handa woke geet up she smiled looking at him and mouthed a sorry to her mother.

He stood watching his dadi, sister and brother were bidding bye to geet and other side his parents were talking to arjun and brij..business he thought to himself knowing his father,while his eyes caught of geet sight coming towards him with a smile,he was pleasantly surprised he straightened himself and took a step ahead when she crossed him and landed herself in another man arms,disappointed he looked at them confused.whichgeet herself cleared unknowingly.

Geet:mom see rishab is here!!??

Even before anyone could speak his sister shouted his name:rishabkundra...oh my god geet you are about to get engaged with rk...the rk super star

Rk and geet exchanged a glance while geetmarrowed her eyes on him,he moved closer to her and said something in her ears which made her grin,she took hold of his hand and dragged him towards her family and said something which made all happy.

Rishab ..her family was in talks with his family,may be its yes from both side,that's why all are happy,he looked at geet and the man who was accompanied by another woman of geet age but their talks didn't enter his ears,he knew he has no right to interfear but he is yet to apolozise to her...atleast he can ask for that if not friendship.deciding he took his steps towardsher who was lost in other man...

Maan:geet,we need to talk.

She gave a nod and stood before him when he said alone,amused she followed him

Maan:geeti am sorry

Geet:huh

Maan:for my words about you,you don't deserve them,I am really feeling guilty to say such words.

Geet:u must maan,even though you know nothing about me,you had no right to judge me,I can understand you had few bad examples,but nothing give you any reason to insult another girl let alone me.all are not same,you must knew this.being with your sister and dadi.

Maan:I will keep it in mind,sorryagain,hmmgeet you live in delhi I mean handaconstrucions..

Geet:not only me even my family lives in delhi,its only darji who lives in hoshiyarpur,we came here for puja and seeing darji worried for me,Iacme to you..

Maan  nodded and was about to speak when he saw geetsmilng at that guy,he cleared his throat gainingherattention:I am sorry again,its your fianc time and here I am..

Geet:rishab is not my fianc,he is my friend..

Maan:but u said..

Geet:our family did thought,but u see that girl besides rishab...she is madhu...his love whom he dared to propose yesterday.

Maan:propose!!??and you are happy for them!!??

Geet:ofcourse I am,he is my friend..she looked at him who was looking at her with his mouth open:i don't love him...we are just friends...

Maan:you read my thoughts..

Geet:your expressions gave away,she said smiling..

Maan:hmmgeet..can we..uknow..we can..

Geet:no,wecant be friends.

Maan:huh,its second time you read my thoughts..but why cant we!!??

Geet:we are competitors maan.

Maan:huh

To his confused look she gave a smile and he got why she said that:you bid for the government project

Geet: yes, so...

Maan:so...

Geet:friends don't compete maan and we competeeachother every now and then..so we cant befriends...and bye your family is waiting for you she said ponting towards them and she left leaving him sink her words.

He thought today they end whatever was between them,butunkown to them,its today their actual story started,most stories started with rejection,aren't they...

THE END

LovelyUmang5 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Wow di.. amazing OS..
This your first story I am reading I guess.. But must say I am impressed..
Right from the opening scene till the finishing scene I was totally hooked to it..
The story had quite a suspense factor.. The way the first scene was shown with Geet entering the Mansion & then how all other scenes unfolded with many revelations, it was quite intriguing.. There was no scope of getting bored..
I even enjoyed your narration style.. Simple & sobre yet very impactful..
The plot was another amazing factor..
You have made good use of it..
Maan's attitude & reaction, Geet's nature & lifestyle, their families every part was very entertaining..
Even Maan's conflict over whether to believe in Geet or not was so beautifully described..
His character was a strong outwardly yet so fragile from inside, with having gone through so much..
All those little little details put up together so intricately..
Nothing seemed rushed up.. in spite of being a oneshot you managed to put all the correct elements in correct amount in it..
I thoroughly loved it ( even though as you know I am not a fond of oneshots...)

PS- RK & MAdhu ka guest appearance was a sweet surprise..
Edited by LovelyUmang5 - 5 years ago
sharda_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome superb lovely fabulous fantastic OS dear
Thanks for pm
Keepdreaming thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
yeh toh abhi bhi unsulji hai na di
IMA9167 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3