RockBarbie

Posted: 21 June 2018 at 10:20pm | IP Logged

Index:

Prologue: Page 1
Chapter 1: Page 5
Chapter 2: Page 10

Edited by RockBarbie - 30 June 2018 at 3:38am

The following 30 member(s) liked the above post:

prhasangeethbalaranoovsjacknjill03FancyDewy92johngaltGreyasrprati_inceptgprsgurukhushanamika00thephoenixenigmshils28nik1310kizh72SharuAGPdroverKtotheMsaschadeskshubhangipenny25abivicky86AnjuRishvrindaguptaKishmishJaveria3991Lily30Breath-Markpup03MysticRiver

Related Videos

RockBarbie Goldie
RockBarbie
RockBarbie

Posted: 21 June 2018 at 10:21pm | IP Logged

Prologue:

He feels a bone deep ache coursing through his body and within seconds the pain concentrates at the side of his head. He winces at the pain and the sudden burst of noise around him. Quiet falls a shushing noise and he blinks awake moments after.

"Welcome back Mr. Raizada, he hears a voice next to him that feels exceptionally close and unnecessarily loud. He startles when he hears a gentle tinkle of laughter in his head. He shakes his aching head minutely and tries to pay attention to the words thrown in his direction.

"What. He says, intentionally ignoring any intonation.

"You fell while climbing down the stairs this morning and had to be brought here, the doctor says gently. Arnav blinks at him again and narrows his eyes when the laughter, obviously a female, echoes in his head.

"Is there anything wrong with me? He demands after one glance at his sniffling sister and red eyed grandmother.

The doctor shakes his head no. "You are perfectly alright, Mr. Raizada. We ran some tests and found no causes for concerns. Take it easy for couple of days and you should be just fine.

"Can I leave now? He demands.

The doctor gives him a measured look that Arnav matches with a glare of his own. The doctor swallows a sigh and nods. "I will get the discharge papers ready. Arnav breathes a sigh of relief when the doctor leaves in a flurry of white coats and blue scrubs. His sister, Anjali, however doesn't waste time and flings herself on his bed and lets out a sob.

"Why is she acting as if you were in some life threatening surgery? You had just passed out, sheesh, calm the f**k down lady. A woman's voice snarks from the back of his head, making him jump. He looks around frantically wondering if someone else is in room but only finds Anjali and his grandmother looking at him in concern. Must be losing my mind, he thinks waspishly.

"Nope. You are not cuckoo brains yet. Just little ol' me talking to you. The female voice responds jovially. Arnav massages his temple.

"Anjali, can you stop crying please? I have a killer headache and I just want to go home now. Can we go now please? He begs his sister to be quiet. Before she could respond, his grandmother, the wise woman that she is, stops Anjali from saying anything further.

"Give the boy a moment to breathe Anjali. You can interrogate him all you want tomorrow but for now, leave him alone. She heralds her granddaughter outside the room ignoring Anjali's protests. Arnav breathes a sigh of relief and hears the woman's voice letting out a groan of contentment once quietness sets in.

"Finally. We are alone. The voice says. He doesn't startle much but the surprise element is still there. He wonders if the fall has damaged his head enough to induce auditory hallucinations. Or unplugged something in his brain to speed up schizophrenia.

"Relax, you are fine. The voice responds.                                       

"Yes, I am supposed to be perfectly fine given how I am having a conversation with a voice in my head. He mutters dryly.

"I am not a voice in your head, the voice says with a huff. "Though technically I kind of I am since I am residing in your head however I don't really have a voice

Arnav groans and buries his head deep in his pillow. "Dear God, why. He mumbles under his breath. When he hears no response, he sighs in relief. Now quietness in his head matches to the one in his room and his eyes begin to rest after going through a rough day.

He is shaken awake by his brother-in-law, Shyam, whose pleasant smile is a welcoming change. "Let's go home, he says and supports Arnav. They make unimportant small talk and Shyam keeps worry in his voice at bay. Arnav is glad there is one member of the family treating the bump on his head little less like a catastrophe.

The ride to his home is uneventful. He dozes in and out of cat naps and is huddled to his room by Shyam. His sister and grandmother are silently standing in the edge of his periphery. He smiles reassuringly at them once he settles down in his own bed. Once everyone has left, he sighs deeply and slowly as if to exhale away the stress of the day. He briefly wonders about the voice he was hearing in his head earlier, but the thought dissipates as fast as it arrives.

"I thought we established the fact that I am not a voice in your head. The voice prods. Arnav fumbles awake as the voice is clearer than before and has a husky undertone to it.

Something has gone wrong when I fell this morning and doctors couldn't find it, he thinks frantically. Or something must be wrong with my ears, he latches on to the idea for a minute before the woman's voice interjects.

"Arnav, you are perfectly fine. I am not really a voice in your head, the woman's voice says, strong and clear.

What are you then? He asks, giving in to his curiosity and too tired to argue.

"Settle down. It's a long story.

Edited by RockBarbie - 22 June 2018 at 10:50am

The following 103 member(s) liked the above post:

parimaladNehal_24prhaswathicutomchi94akshayaraviraniushaChardonnaynoblyIamleeneena2000g.s.p.r.9.4.3.v5a1s6Aashlok1Mamu768ansaktheartsHemaSuryanccrwrtSiri007CrazyarshiTiyajiYooo22manju-ujnamnzmonicageetakhannadawnkkaybakwas_serialaaokranoovsttannsangeethbalaprerna27fanfollowerCHERUKURI9manusmithclthephoenixenigmanamika00shoobieoutland_123inamajarAmrita_12johngaltTiramisu_coffeegprskoyalpariGreyasrprati_inceptgurukhushkulfi89FancyDewy92LuvAmalfiloves_aishuSharuAGNilima2016kizh72Savera84nik1310kajal511ArilipWanieA.scarlet.barbiebalatanu_15faffyshils28hina11sini1234mayabhiAishu136ArmelaSwaatiicaskerhararnavabivicky86Sharaashiv456KtotheMpenny25Shru9tikshubhangisaschadessarita_barunMDTharunPdroverrk2127dev25coderladyArshi67Lily30honey-sweetyAnjuRishJaveria3991vrindaguptaKishmishGirlabouttownBreath-Markranogillpup03IMA9167dv19Alone111MysticRiver

-Loki- Groupbie
-Loki-
-Loki-

Posted: 22 June 2018 at 2:02am | IP Logged
:)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RockBarbieMysticRiver

Mirabell Senior Member
Mirabell
Mirabell

Posted: 22 June 2018 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Oh my goodness... I cannot wait (but will of course). <3
------------------------

Intrigue abounds and it starts with the title! I am so ready for this journey, I cannot tell you. I have missed your writing and storytelling and this is a treat! 

A voice in his head? And a snarky one at that... I love it already!

Edited by Mirabell - 25 June 2018 at 12:36pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

RockBarbiepenny25Arshi67dv19

Greyasr Senior Member
Greyasr
Greyasr

Posted: 22 June 2018 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Omg seriously i was just thinking about your other story and pop came the PM is it a coincidence or what .. Wow wow wow lucky me!!! Too too too good 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RockBarbie

SharuAG Goldie
SharuAG
SharuAG

Posted: 22 June 2018 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Is it the tumor talking... ?

Are they hiding something from him?

Looking forward

RockBarbie

.scarlet. Goldie
.scarlet.
.scarlet.

Posted: 22 June 2018 at 11:27am | IP Logged
woww this really seems intriguing! 
waiting for the next part :D 
thanks for the PM ( i guess i owe it to my stalking lol) 

RockBarbie

coderlady IF-Dazzler
coderlady
coderlady

Posted: 22 June 2018 at 11:52am | IP Logged
The voice must be Khushi. What is she? 

RockBarbie

Go to top