Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Samaina_1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by: Azraa01

My assumption would be that Mrs Reena Mittal is a pen name for Naina Agarwal.
And the story Sameer read was about his and Naina's love in college...
Cant wait for more

Thanks for the comment Azraa! Good guess! Let's see how the story unfolds! πŸ˜ƒ 
Love
Sur
Samaina_1990 thumbnail
Originally posted by: gugul

The update is too good!! Loved reading it..and happy to see the changes in Sameer and how he has got a new vision to his life and has become responsible... But can't tolerate their separation any more πŸ˜­

Mila do yaar dono Ko... 5 years is a long time...and we don't even know where is Naina and how is she.. this author seems to be Naina... But lot of suspense around her...

Missing their passionate love!! Hope they end up in each other's arms soon... Sameer has suffered a lot !

Hey Gugul! Thank you so much dear! So Sameer is stepping the ladder of success, prosperity now...and hopefully happiness soon! πŸ˜Š Good guesses again! Would reveal the mystery in due time! 
Haha- actually I was missing writing their passionate love! πŸ˜† Am actually contemplating ghusaofying something! πŸ˜ƒ
Love
Sur
Samaina_1990 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Anjali33

Surbhi, I'm really loving the way you've shown Sameer in the last few updates.. How he's trying to gather the shattered pieces of his life, rebuild himself, make his Nanu proud..its all written very nicely πŸ‘

Thank you so much love! πŸ˜³
And the summer morning description.. Paseena hi aa gya mujhe toπŸ˜†
I'm honoured tumhe garmi ka ehsaas kara diya! πŸ˜†

No matter what Sameer does; drinking, sleeping with women, or anything else.. He just cannot move on from Naina.. Every damn thing reminds him of her.. And Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam was just😭
Hero hai na...heroine ko kaise bhulega! πŸ˜‰ Am glad you found the HDDCS reference apt! 
Even his assistant tried to hit up on himπŸ˜† Ab bhai banda h hi itta hot
Wahin toh...yahan pura fandom hit kar raha hai to bechari secretary ko bhi chance milna chahiye na! πŸ˜‰

Ab to bas Sameer aur 'Reena Mittal' k confrontation ka intezaar hπŸ˜ƒ
πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ Aayega jald hi- dekhte rahiye...oops padhte rahiye EU! πŸ˜†
Also, I loved the title of her story.. If only I had you😳
Thanks dear! Glad you liked it! πŸ˜³
Aur tum Naina ko kyu nhi layi is update meinπŸ˜‰
Sorry yaar...kaan pakad ke...but already bahot lamba ho gaya tha...2-4 page aur khinch jaate! 

Hey Anji!
Thank you so much! My response is Bold. πŸ˜‰
Love
Sur
Samaina_1990 thumbnail
Originally posted by: suhaaniladki

Sabse pehle toh cliffhanger  par na chodne k liye bada wala thank you πŸ˜‰ warna har baar pareshan ho jati hu main πŸ˜† ... As I have already said that I liked this update very much the detailing u added in the beginning, whole description about summers was so perfect I could feel everything happening in front of my eyes . It's actually sad to see Sameer in a such a state. . Bechara kitna struggle Kar rha hai to forget Naina but all in vain πŸ˜­ I hope he gets back his lifeline Naina soon.. .  Pls update this ff soon as I m waiting impatiently for Samaina's confrontation ...

Dhanyawad mohatarma! πŸ˜ƒ Bach gayi main! Am so glad you enjoyed the update dear, including the detailing bit of it! Naina wapis aayegi...confrontation kaise hoga...uske liye padhte rahiye EU! πŸ˜ƒ
Lots of love Suman!
Sur
Samaina_1990 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Arjst

cant wait for the update 

Tthanks Arjst! Would try my best! πŸ˜³
riyashailja thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Yaar I can't wait anymore when are u going to update this?plz plz jaldi update karo
Hitanshivyas thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Where are you dii waiting for the update
Ankita.jaiswal thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Plzzz...update de do...waiting since eternityπŸ˜†
Samaina_1990 thumbnail
Hello all my dearies! I know I've been late again! But what to do...life can be expectedly unexpected! πŸ˜† Okay bad joke! 
I know I'm yet to respond to comments on my stories, even this one. Would do so soon! 
Till then, read ahead! Hope you enjoy! πŸ˜Š

Part 21: The Tryst

Sameer entered his office in a haste, slammed his briefcase onto the table and rang for his secretary. Rita looked up from her desk at the clock in front of her. "8 am! Another of his workaholic phases! she sighed collecting her folders, as she made her way to her boss's cabin.

"Rita! Come in! Sameer prompted as soon as the door had been knocked. He motioned to the chair in front of his desk and began filing through the pile of manuscripts in his briefcase, and extracted the one of his choice.

"This! he held it out for her to see, appreciation brimming in his eyes. "Call her for a meeting!

Rita took the document extended out to her- If Only I had You!' By Mrs. Reena Mittal. She looked up at him in astonishment, "sir ye wali file to maine parso hi di thi aapko...aur ye to bahot badi hai...aapne padh bhi li puri?

"Wohhh...haan! he mumbled. "Maine socha ek do padh leta hun weekend pe...to ye haath me aa gayi...aur inka likhne ka tareeka mujhe bahot pasand aaya..., he deliberately obliterated that the writing style had also reminded him of someone.

He flopped down onto the chair and crossed his legs, contemplating, more to himself than to Rita, "matlab romance mein itna interesting likhna aasaan nahi hai! "I'm very pleased Rita! She doesn't sound like a newcomer to me! he added as he turned back to her.

Rita let out a small smile, "sure sir...main inke saath ek interview set up karati hun...sir Wednesday tak aapka time booked hai...aur Thursday ko to tentative Mr. Arora ke saath aapki meeting hai...wo kal tak confirm kar denge ki wo Delhi isi week aa rahe hain ya next week...Friday ko bulwa lun Mrs. Mittal ko?

Sameer bit his lip. Somehow he felt a sense of exigency to meet this author who'd captured his mind, and his heart- no not his heart. It couldn't be her! He peered at the typescript Rita had put back onto his table. As he took in the title again, he was pensively reminded of her. He just couldn't get Naina out of his mind, especially after reading this story. He wondered where she was now. How she was. And if she ever thought of him- even if she hadn't loved him.

"Focus Sameer! He commanded himself. You don't even know who she is, what she looks like, how she behaves. You can't judge someone solely by their work...Just because she writes like her, doesn't mean she is like her too. You can't search for a replacement for Naina in her. Plus, even if you could, remember that the lady in question is also married...

"Sir? Rita interrupted his reverie.

Sameer glanced up at her blankly, as he recollected her question. "Ahh...yeah Friday is good! was all he managed.

Rita telephoned him half an hour later, informing him that she'd spoken to Mrs. Mittal on the phone and she would be there by 10 am on Friday morning.

"Thanks Rita! he responded politely. And then in order to quell his wayward musings, he buzzed for a cup of strong coffee, and set about to collate the financial expenditures and earnings for the year's tax returns. For Sameer was an ethical businessman who did not believe in meddling up funds to evade taxes- things he felt were his, and every citizen's due to the country's development.

Days passed swiftly, but for Sameer, the eagerness to meet the writer who'd managed to intrigue him to this extent in a romantic novel, increased. He felt lucky that the writer had approached him and wanted to ink a deal with her as soon as he could, before any of his rivals caught up with her.

Friday morning dawned. Mrs. Mittal was due in twenty minutes and Sameer, confident of bagging what would hopefully be a bestseller deal, couldn't help but feel smug about himself. His telephone buzzed at that moment. "Sir! Mrs. Mittal is here early! If you are free, shall I send her in? Rita's voice boomed from the receiver.

"Uhh sure! Send her in 5 minutes! Sameer responded.

He took in a deep breath. He didn't understand why he was feeling so nervous, apprehensive. He kept twirling in his revolving chair. He was facing the wall, when the knock sounded on his door.

"Come in..., he prompted, and swiveled around in his chair. As the door opened, his eyes fell momentarily upon a slender waist draped in fabric, and immediately jumped to the face of the young woman who entered.

And then, the earth slid beneath his feet.

His past came crashing in front of him. Sameer's heart forgot to beat as he took in the sight of that demure woman, in her mid twenties now, clad in a striped lavender cotton saree, staring in shock at him. Sameer stood up from his chair, stupified, dumbstruck, unable to believe his very eyes. Was this a dream? Was he in one of his drinking bouts? Or perhaps...perhaps he had been thinking too much about her again!

Involuntarily, his feet drifted forward, ambling over to the mirage of the woman he loved, to ascertain if she was for real. He drew closer, but she stood rooted to the spot. Closer still and he could now see her breathe. Her chest heaved up and down, slower still as he moved nearer. His gaze travelled the familiar curve of her cheeks, now red with blush at the proximity. They lingered over her long eyelashes, moving up and down as she gazed at him- the stunned gaze that mirrored his own.

The woman who'd teased him, frightened him, almost killed him with her disappearance- the woman he'd once come to so ardently love, the woman with those brown doe eyes that'd drowned him in them, mesmerized him- she...she was right in front of him?

Sameer blinked several times to make sure it wasn't an illusion, another of his nightmares or the effect of lack of sleep playing tricks upon him. And then he heard a sharp intake of breath- as if she too just realized he was for real. Recognition dawned onto her face. And then he knew. He knew Naina was standing in front of him. No, it wasn't a dream...it wasn't a nightmare too. Naina had apparated like a genie out of a fable- after five long years. After five long years, three months and fourteen days to be exact. 

Nainaaa... His Naina...!

He could not count the minutes that stretched by- or were they hours? She stood still as she tried to take in his presence. And Sameer endeavoured to absorb the image of the woman he'd coveted for so long, standing right in front of him.

Her features were still perfect. Her body much the same, barring the slight increase in girth and the little weight she'd put on. Not that it dampened her aura of sensuality. If anything, it made her seem more voluptuous and more desirable than ever. A pair of golden beads glinted onto her ears. She'd held up her hair in a chignon, a few awry strands flitted across her face in the summer breeze through the open window. Her hair was as silky as he remembered- a long, black mass in general, yet tingling in hues of auburn when sunlight streaked onto them. Exactly as they did now.

Sameer's gaze slid down her shapely, bare arms, where her sleeveless blouse freed them. One arm supported the fall of her saree and in the other hand, she held a big brown folder. No nailpolish, he thought subconsciously. Like always. A golden dial, brown strapped ladies watch adorned her left wrist. Again, like always.

Behind those shocked, stricken, fearful, livid eyes- he couldn't exactly place the expression, Sameer looked in amazement at the streak of kohl lining them. His eyes traversed the curve of her cheeks yet again and fixated onto her lips, seemingly fuller than he'd remembered. Or was it the shade of rouge pink lipstick smeared onto them that accentuated the appeal and the beating of his heart.

Despite everything, there was an austerity in her face- her features now. Sameer saw her clutch the folder in her hand tighter, her fingers curling onto the paper. And then she shifted in place, as if suddenly realizing the predicament she was in.

His heart thudding against his rib cage, his hands started moving of their own accord. His trembling fingers hesitated before they dared to touch the velvet of her cheeks. He heard her gasp and at the same moment felt he himself might have jumped for it was no less than being treated to a shock. Every cell of his body started swelling with joy, feeling her so near, they demanded to be closer to her, the intimacy which'd he long tried to forget marked its resurgence. Sameer lovingly felt himself getting lost in her. His eyes roved across her face once again, his fingers longing to tuck the errant strands of hair blocking his view at the back of her ear. He gazed fondly at her angelic face, to the simple red dot on her forehead. And then his eyes found an obscure, yet a disturbing, alarming shade of red amidst the parting of her hair.  It was that red dab of sindoor that jolted him back to reality. His searching eyes flew over to the neck, the neck he'd kissed and caressed umpteen times- the neck which now held a mangalsutra of someone else's name.

His eyes widened in shock, in dismay, his  stomach lurched and his heart drooped. Sameer immediately retreated. What was he doing? He had no right to touch her now. He turned around, gasping for air, his fingers raking through his hair. He took several deep breaths as he waited for the reality to set in. She was here! She is here! She was really here. Why? He was in a state of utter bewilderment and saw his confusion reflected in her eyes as he turned around to face her again. Apparently, she too wasn't sure why she was where she was, or if he was in the wrong place.

A lump formed in his throat as their eyes locked again. The girl he'd loved was staring back at him, and now he could pinpoint her expression exactly. Her gaze was now accusing. He saw her face contort in rage as she pulled herself together and she threw him a loathsome glance. She was right in front of him- yet out of reach, marked as someone's else's bride, looking at him as if he had wronged her, not she. And then Sameer felt his betrayal get the better of him. His mind demanded answers, despite the fact his heart seeked her love, the warmth of her arms. He steadied himself, tried his best to match her gaze of haughty nonchalance and derision.

"Tum...yahan kaise...aur kyun aayi ho...kya karne aayi ho? he asked through gritted teeth, hoping his voice didn't sound as hoarse to her as it did to his own ears. Naina looked down and replied, her voice shaky as well, as if she was trying to tame her own anger, "wo sample...write-up...sorry mujhe pata nahi tha ki aap...aapki company hai...sorry... With this, she turned to leave.

"Ruko..., Sameer had decided to torture her now. She had made his life miserable. She deserved to know it too. "Toh tum ho...Mrs..., he laid emphasis on the word "Mrs., he flippantly took the manuscript in his hands as he read out the name, "Reena Mittal?

Naina nodded slowly.

"Waah...Mrs. Reena Mittal...naam bhi change kar liya...?

Naina didn't respond. He could see her face flush with colour.

"Uhh...vaise congratulations! Shaadi pe bhi nahi bulaya. Tum bhi kamaal karti ho yaar Nai...oops sorry sorry...Reena...or shall I call you Mrs. Mittal..., he spat scornfully.

Naina remained silent.

"Vaise yaar shaadi ke baad bhi hot hain aap! Kya naam bataya apne pati ka..., Her gaze shot up to him and her rage matched his own.

"Zabaan ko lagam do! Agar mujhe pata hota ki ye tumhari publication agency hai to main yahan galti se bhi kadam nahi rakhti!

"Acha pata nahi tha...jisse milne aayi uska naam bhi nahi pucha? he uttered sardonically. Naina huffed.

"Vaise chill yaar! Itna kyun bhadak rahi ho...toh kya karte hain aapke pati Mrs. Mittal...suna tha aapne bada lamba haath maara tha..., Sameer taunted, as Naina listened, each word hitting her hard.

"Aapko isse matlab? Her brows cocked in anger, as she tried to control her rage. "Please mera write-up return kar dein...mujhe yahan se jaana chahiye... Tears threaten to erupt at any moment now.

"Yaar tum itni khafa kyun ho...ek arse baad mil rahe hain...bhool gayi hum kitne close the? he sneered.

Her patience ran out at this. She gave him a piercing look which Sameer reciprocated with fervour.

"Thank you for your valuable time! she spat as she spun around and flew out of the room, her flats clicking behind her.

As the door crashed behind her, Sameer's eyes bored into the wooden door, misty, yet red with rage. He wondered whether she suffered by his words or not- wondering at the same time if she was happy with her marriage or not. She did seem contended. His hands clutched his head as he tried to reign in his temper, but failed miserably.

Naina had come back! But it was of no use. She had already bequeathed herself to someone else.

"You bas***d Mittal..., Sameer mouthed through clenched teeth and smashed the files on his table onto the ground. His palms clenched the table for support as he leaned against it, recalling the scene that'd just played out.

And then a waft of summer breeze flew in and ruffled the papers he'd just spilled onto the floor. His eyes darted to the floor, to where Reena Mittal's manuscript lay open. Sameer stooped down and picked it up slowly.

Could hate be a mere reflection of what was once love, or a mere predilection of his heart which refused to beat without chanting her name? Could it be that he could no longer forget her, and all the same he no longer had the right to love her? Could loathing be what disguised his love- simple, true- still throbbing in his chest, still meandering through his veins? 

He did not know. He could not tell. The truth was his heart still yearned for her! 

These first few sentences he glanced upon summed his own dilemma, his own feelings for her. He'd believed he had started hating her. Or perhaps he'd tried his best to. He had a reason. But the uncanny thing was the loathing with which she'd been eyeing him. Till now, he'd pleaded himself to be the victim and her to be the betrayer. But her eyes spelt something quite otherwise today.

Sameer slumped onto his chair, his head in his hand. His head was searing with pain all of a sudden. All the memories of the past, came gushing back to him. He had no idea that he would meet Naina ever again and when he would meet her, she would have already married someone else. She could not belong to him. The last flicker of hope he had in a corner of his heart stood vanquished, shattered and the shards were piercing him. All along, he'd hoped and hoped that there was some explanation behind her sudden disappearance. Maybe she was forced to marry that Arvind. Maybe she left for higher studies only and rejected the proposal. Maybe she had run off for the fear of getting married to someone else. But all those misconceptions had been cleared today. Naina was married and seemed content about it too.

He spent the entire day holed up in his cabin, his tiffin lying untouched, his work in the exact same condition as it had been before Naina had shown up, his thoughts immersed in the story he'd found so captivating a while back- a tale of how the protagonists, who are like poles apart fall in love, get separated and then reunite. The classic trope that was bound to succeed in the virtual world, but not in real life. The woman who'd written this very line had reappeared before his eyes today. Sameer gulped as he remembered her story, their story, bizarrely similar to the one she wrote- if it had ever been started, had suffered a separation already. But today- today was the day when this story had finalized reached its end.

A lone tear trickled down his cheeks as his heart wished, "If Only I Had You!  

"Sir...aap ab tak office mein hain? Rita asked, alarmed at the disheveled state of his cabin and her boss. 

Sameer looked up at her, slightly disoriented, and nodded "kaam hai thoda...tum ghar jao.

"Okay sir! Sir wo Mrs. Mittal ke saath meeting kaisi rahi? Kya wo interested hain sign up karne mein? Rita asked innocently and immediately noticed his jaw clench.

"She's not good enough and she's asking for more than she's worth! he responded brusquely.

"Ohh...okay...shayad sir unhe paison ki zarurat hai na isliye!

Sameer's quizzical gaze shot up to her. "Tumse kisne kaha unhe paison ki zarurat hai?

"Sir...wo jab apna write-up dene aayi thi to unke husband ke saath maine unhe baat karte suna tha...ki articles se zyada paise nahi aa paa rahe...ye book publish ho gayi to shayad unki financial condition theek ho jayegi!

Sameer stiffened more at the mention of her husband. So she'd come to his office before. And with him? They'd been so near him and he hadn't even known? He realized Rita was looking at him, expecting a response. He put on a smirk, guising his thoughts- an art he'd perfected before she'd come into his life and then again- when she'd deserted him.

"Rita! Log jhoot bhi bolte hain...unki bholi shakalon pe mat jao...aajkal to bahot saari ladies abla naari bani firti hain...ho sakta hai wo paise ki need bol ke sympathy aur ye contract gain karna chahti hongi!

Rita was about to tell Sameer that Mrs. Mittal did not look like a cheat to her, but sensing her boss's mood, bit her lip. "Ji sir! Okay...good night! she stated and left the cabin, leaving Sameer pondering over this new piece of information he'd just received at the end of a hugely unsettling day.

Ab Reena Mittal kaun hai yeh to reveal ho gaya hai...πŸ˜› Ab Reena Mittal ka reaction next mein pakka! Do leave in your comments! :)
Edited by Samaina_1990 - 5 years ago
munchkinland thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Finally an update
I have been waiting for it Sur
but let me say it was worth the wait
what a fantastic chapter
he finally knows Reena Mittal and naina are same
Loved the way he thinks and again the same
not much has changed but very much have
like the title says expectedly unexpected