Bepannah My thoughts, Draw the veil over..

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Bepannah~ My thoughts ~ep 55. 1.6.18 Draw the veil over

The theme, to conceal someone or something on face value, and separate it from what's behind!  is evident in the episode.  Reality and the truth appear undercover, with a film of doubt about things being different from what they seem. Blinds, curtains, veils.. cover people and situations. Who frames who?? Who hides reality under a veil? Is in disguise? The strong arm of law, the system? Or the assumed, convicted without trial, fugitive couple? So our intrepid stowaway absconders  ,conceal their true identities from public knowledge. However, Rajveer's  aims to  lift the veil, over their  secret.  

They stand, condemned, before Rajveer's pistol point! With the options, follow him or else be ready to meet their maker! Both options are unacceptable to them. Adi's fingers interlocked with hers, relay to her, Stay still, and have faith, Adi is here for her, till the end. Adi's taunt body, cold narrow eyes silently send Rajvir the visual message. They'll live, the vigilante way to prove their innocence. Not his way of expecting justice, from a corrupt system, or eventually being shot like dogs! For even god in heaven punishes the wicked only.. and somehow through his divine intervention, provision for the virtuous to flee! comes about!

The Muslim, peaceful assembly and procession scenario is used for a purpose .The burqa, provides the opportunity to conceal, mask, obscure and shade their true identity from the prying eyes of the law. Furthermore the crowd too provides a much needed diversion of Rajveer's attention. Plus the they can blend in with the crowd! Adi and Zoya, thus, assume the veil of secrecy, don the burqa, observe the purdah that shades all that lays bare about them! For Adi the burqa yet again, provides for Zoya a cover, a mantle for her virtue, that both Mahi and Rajveer, have set out to defile!

It's a frenzied skirmish! Between the law and the offenders! The absconders, appear to be winning! Despite being chased by Rajveer. Being only too prying and suspicious in another faith's religious practice, makes  Rajveer eat humble pie!  Muslim men protest against him for accosting their cloaked women, with intentions unknown! Only his ID ,  the power of which  he wields to throw his weight  around, gets him out of the awkward condition. Whereas Adi and Zoya evade him by blinding his well though tout moves, by constantly giving him the slip!  Rajveer reveals his true ID to seemingly support  the law .However it seems his rash nervous search for Aditya and Zoya is making him commit  foolish mistakes, that are not taken very well with the general public!  the small ,peaceful Muslim procession.. Rajveer ends up on the wrong foot with the diverse community !

The images of shoes.. trainers, Zoya's wedges, all carry connotations of footwear, objects worn to secure the foot, in sync with walking, running.. all actions related to Adi Zoya escape. Zoya's symbolic sprained foot, refers to the fresh twist they come across! Both are apprehended by Rajveer! Despite being hoodwinked by trainers!  he finally adds a twist to their nearly got away! respite for Aditya and Zoya!

Noor digs her heels before Hooda house.. as much as everything is veiled from the outside world. Recent developments about Zoya and Adi are disseminated to her, rather unintentionally  by Rajveer's crew! Noor's streetwise side of spotting a snake! throws the police presence at the gate! and gives her access to Hooda house!  Bravely she advocates her sisters innocence!  Noors's presence inside Hooda house is the moment of revelation for Arjun! the veil is lifted ! reality is exposed! Noor is Zoya's sister!his heart melts for yet another Siddiqui  daughter!  Although Noor ends up destitute on the streets in foreign city ! the needful is done! Two hearts without meeting face to face, become native to each others duress! Much unhinged Noor rings Arjun! both in short  feel the need to share they have family issues, how true.. and they correlate. Love  is the ability to lift the veil of how one feels , to a confidante. Arjun gives Noor solace by his sincere words, what ever life serves, keep hope and faith! and hard times  will pass. Arjun cannot offer her refuge directly at Hooda house, as she is still unaware of who Arjun really is?  He is yet to lift the veil about his true identity before Noor.

Aditiya and Zoya's  burqa disguise ,is lifted at gun point! Their reality now lies bare before him!  But Aditya's natural mental agility is geared to give this hounding cop a run for his pips. Adi may make it look like he surrenders,  nods to Zoya as well. But the truth is he  continues to screen his true intentions from Rajveer ,who in his keenness  to nab this prized booty for him, miscalculates Aditya's easy compliance and instead in a spilt second, gets a plate full of cayenne flipped by Adi in his face! The scene reminds me when cake on Adi's face, disguises his true identity from his father! Here too Adi  masks the truth  from  Rajveer!  Literally throws dust , in his eyes and does a runner! In both scenario Zoya accompanied  Adi! in both cases he saw himself as being responsible and accountable for Zoya. Some strange stroke of destiny, still gives him a sense of willing obligation towards her.

See how they run!once again Aditya like he did before by removing his naqaab! Catch me if you can! scoffing! mocks an irate Rajveer! Still for him duty is duty! gun concealed in this busy area goes hunting for his prey! With disguises off to the winds! The wild,  but innocent, blameless ones! look for another spot of refuge from the fowlers snare!

All of Rajveer's  attempts at hunting them down, fail! Despite the fact that he finds , the burqas, that cloaked and curtained their identities! Even with their modest veils off! People in general are clueless about who exactly  this cop seeks!! As all women  where he is are  burqa clad! Looks like now Rajveer the smart cop predator stands outsmarted by his prey!

Rajveer asks for Mahi help yet again, in seeking Aditya and Zoya, before they get to meet Harsh Hooda! If there is a couple made in hell its Mahi and Rajveer! each as bad as the other! united in seeing Aditya and Zoya! behind bars for life! Mahi of course hatches  yet another nasty plan... Rajveer smiles he's on to winner at last! Perhaps.

But the true winners are Aditya and Zoya, having lost much to the world. They still end up gaining  each other's trust. The mini bus takes them away ,on a long journey, a getaway  from accusations, blame, stigmas! The wheels roll on as together they sit, huddled up across each other, boxed up by the fear of once again being captured! Exposed and laid bare to unfounded accusations and sentences! For something they never even did!  

Beyond the veil of formality, of intense pain. Both Aditya and Zoya had drawn a veil over how they felt about their partners death. In the past both vented out anger at each, triggered off by their cheating partners. As the vehicle rolled on towards an unknown destination. Presently ,It just felt right to talk about sentiments that they kept private before. Somehow being boxed together in this situation, driven away scenario makes it natural for them to lift the veil about their pent up feelings about their pasts in all honesty!

Yet again it's Zoya in her gentle non-assertive manner, who probes Adi,to speak his mind and pour out his heart. It's Zoya's gentle call to him to gain a bit of emotional healing. He confides in her, their partners death seems more like part of some well hatched conspiracy. He  links it to what is happening to them at the moment. Where being innocent they are still being framed..

Zoya one burning question, what is the truth then?? Allows Adi to unload his emotional cargo he has carried alone so far! Zoya silently is the supportive listener. She didn't feel the need to speak, as he spoke for how she too felt about her situation! Adi seemed so tired and utterly helplessness when he confesses about being unable to differentiate between  a  truth and a lie.. he reveals how his trust was betrayed by the one he trusted the most.. Pooja! now  all he is plagued only by  unanswered questions! He suffers lower esteem, under estimates his brain power! All because he failed to spot Pooja's infidelity!  Zoya sees his mask come off as nearly choked, he confesses those exclusive  Adi Pooja moments which she fouled.. by sharing with another! Now he is unsure about the difference between right and wrong!  It is a poignant moment when it matters much to him if Zoya thinks he is  innocent ?  She fights back her tears and affirms she does. The beauty of the scene lies , when Adi proclaims them both as  innocent on charges of murdering their partners.. as both of them fought each other with such fervour for the same gift they chose for Pooja and Yash!  While those two silently cheated on them behind their backs! How lies become  truth and the truth a lie.. strange are the deceptive ways of the world.. duplicity blends in so well with the norms of truth set up by this world. The real truth remains under cover, in the face of guile.

The final scene.. its been a long hard day for both.. Zoya catches a  hundred winks. She nods off.. loses her balance. Adi  moves over to her side in time to catch her head gently  flop! then rest on his shoulder. His head rests on the side of the vehicle, but his hooded eyes look down on the top of her warm head. She sleeps ,like a babe. Soon he feels her arm slip through his, clutching  tightly  on to it like dear life itself. Adi closes his eyes as  the mini bus  drives on. He catches glimpses of their first meeting "in his mind's eye.. Zoya  catching kum kum colour on the top of her head, those incidental bumping into each other..  it was like they were hurled at each other by destiny it self. The bus rolls along, as Adi rest his watch clad arm on the flap of the vehicle.. perhaps its time to move on.. leave the bitter memories behind, let the dead mourn the dead.. and the living live!  Hamlet53 2.6. 18..

have a great Sunday.. love hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Hammie I was thinking where u were after such a beautiful episode especially the last part which I don't know how many times I have watched in voot.see adi lifting the veil and challenging rajvir. He is going to openly break the trust of the veiled world,this hypocritical world to keep the trust of one woman. And everyone might know it but will not be able to do much abt it.thanks to the woman whose hand he has held. It was also a message when ur in a crowd behave like the crowd.adi was an open book so was zoya.pooja tells everyone has secrets. So in this world of veiled ppl where when veil lifts another face come to picture there is no place for simple open ppl like adiya. They have to learn to put the mask to expose many. Rajvir and mahi are plotting with limited understanding. They have no clue on adiya or how arjun care for adi or noor care for zoya and the equation of arjun noor. They will pay the price like kaurav sena who didn't account for abhimanyu when they made the chakravyuha. Abhi died the most brutal death but he destroyed the vyuha and that death made arjun fight like maniac and krishna break all rules of war destroying the mighty kaurav sena.
Pori thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hammie, what a great insight to the Friday's episode. I was waiting for your summary.
You have described it to the point and beautifully. 
Mahi and Rajveer, indeed a couple made for each other in hell🤢
The last part is done so beautifully. I specially love the small detail you seem to explain so well- Adi's hand with the watch and time to move on👏
DreamOfEndless thumbnail
Dear Hammie,

Beautiful post. 👏

I loved your line about a divine intervention helping the innocent fugitive couple flee the corrupt system. Just before the entry of the peaceful Muslim procession, the camera is panned on an Urdu word. Can you tell me what was written? I am curious, though I can't read Urdu.

Aditya is a guy who can choose at his will to wear a mask or let his mask slip. He chose to disguise in front of Rajveer (burqa), Viranis (fake marriage) and his dad (cake scene, as you pointed out), while similarly he chose to bare his innermost thoughts to Zoya. He made the decision to flee an unjust punishment, which Zoya trusted. At the same time, he did not hesitate to admit to her that he is not sure of his decisions and judgement anymore after the betrayal hit him. To this also, she lent him her supportive ear. They are fighting for not only their own, but also each other's innocence. The trust between them is so warm and endearing. 😳

The scene between Arjun and Noor is equally endearing. Noor had once said to Arjun that name doesn't matter, only the purity of heart does. She may had said that in a jest. But would she remember her words when Arjun's identity is unveiled?

I agree, Mahi and Rajveer are a match made in hell. But their match is very brittle and unstable, unlike hell.

If light is dual in nature, so is the hope it brings. The fact in favor of Adi and Zoya, that they were shopping gifts for their partners when their partners were secretly meeting and subsequently murdered, can be easily twisted against Adi and Zoya.

Your final paragraph is simply beautiful and ethereal. Keep writing more. 🤗

- Tia
Edited by dreamy.tiara - 5 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail
stretching my arms above my head!... its a hot, lazy summers day here.. all out doors... so me just returned from local park...😛 tasting the great outdoors courtesy of Adiya..    😃 hammie
Happiness514 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Once again.. a great work... M at loss of words to express my gratitude towards u.. u provide us with the perfect explanation... Please keep posting such perfect views...
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

heloo Shruti 😛... here me is .. was out since Friday night.. but heard from my friends and family.. the expected between Adi and zoya.. has begun!

Hammie I was thinking where u were after such a beautiful episode especially the last part which I don't know how many times I have watched in voot.
watched episode on Saturday.. that song is so beautiful.. took the finale scene to another level.. Harshad's expression as the disciplined ,yet moved Adi were very moving.. he kept his free arm well away from her..  only  keeping vigil on a lady's honour.. truly  a honourable man.
see adi lifting the veil and challenging rajvir. He is going to openly break the trust of the veiled world,this hypocritical world to keep the trust of one woman. And everyone might know it but will not be able to do much abt it.thanks to the woman whose hand he has held. It was also a message when ur in a crowd behave like the crowd.adi was an open book so was zoya.pooja tells everyone has secrets. So in this world of veiled ppl where when veil lifts another face come to picture there is no place for simple open ppl like adiya.
such irony.. that the onlookers  seemed  to be looking at what the cop was up to.. however  its true best not to mess with the herd instinct  of the crowd
 They have to learn to put the mask to expose many. Rajvir and mahi are plotting with limited understanding. They have no clue on adiya or how arjun care for adi or noor care for zoya and the equation of arjun noor. They will pay the price like kaurav sena who didn't account for abhimanyu when they made the chakravyuha. Abhi died the most brutal death but he destroyed the vyuha and that death made arjun fight like maniac and krishna break all rules of war destroying the mighty kaurav sena.
what a pity.. that people do clad themselvres in masks to blend in with the general crowd.. all to avoid controversy. Only the gutsy put much at stake and expose.. the two faced deceivers.. thanks for sharing your valuable thoughts.. Shruthi...

be_honest thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hamlet53

The final scene.. its been a long hard day for both.. Zoya catches a  hundred winks. She nods off.. loses her balance. Adi  moves over to her side in time to catch her head gently  flop! then rest on his shoulder. His head rests on the side of the vehicle, but his hooded eyes look down on the top of her warm head. She sleeps ,like a babe. Soon he feels her arm slip through his, clutching  tightly  on to it like dear life itself. Adi closes his eyes as  the mini bus  drives on. He catches glimpses of their first meeting "in his mind's eye.. Zoya  catching kum kum colour on the top of her head, those incidental bumping into each other..  it was like they were hurled at each other by destiny it self. The bus rolls along, as Adi rest his watch clad arm on the flap of the vehicle.. perhaps its time to move on.. leave the bitter memories behind, let the dead mourn the dead.. and the living live!  Hamlet53 2.6. 18..

have a great Sunday.. 

Beautiful analysis of a beautiful episode ❤️
the last scene just took my heart away ❤️
i couldnt understand what the writer r conveing through his watch clad hand resting on the other side, now i got it ❤️ thankyou👍🏼
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Helloo Pori😃 good to see you.
Hammie, what a great insight to the Friday's episode. I was waiting for your summary.
You have described it to the point and beautifully. 
thanks for  your warm appreciation.. a lot went on in the episode, chase and then the escape.. each one of us loves the thrill! and eventually cheer for the innocent ones escaping!!
Mahi and Rajveer, indeed a couple made for each other in hell🤢
The last part is done so beautifully. I specially love the small detail you seem to explain so well- Adi's hand with the watch and time to move on👏
on second thoughts... shows the man's sense of honour... he could have gathered her closer to his chest... but he just laid it to rest like a man on guard.. her virtue was at stake...

be_honest thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

oh hammie,yr second thought is just so apt fo adi . He indeed is a man who honours woman's virtue !!
thankyou for this beautiful analysis ❤️