Silsila - an EMA story or...?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 5 years ago
Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka is NOT just about EMAs (extramarital affairs) ! The way the show has been receivin SO much of attention and louuuve, is so  quite amazing, honestly! The actors themselves have mentioned that the show is more about REAL relationships, how their story unfolds, how they handle the difficult and unwanted situations in their lives.
And how many promos did we get so far? TWO only. Nandini & Kunal's POV as of now. Not sure but we might get Mauli's POV promo soon!

And as India Forums so 'beautifully' elaborated what happened in the 2nd promo - wait lemme just copy and paste - :
"Kunal tells us how he absolutely loves his wife, Mauli and then how her best friend, Nandini came into their lives and with time passing by, she became a lot more than just a 'friend' to him. Nandini came into their lives and with time passing by, she became a lot more than just a 'friend' to him. He then concludes by telling how he doesn't want to break Mauli's trust, and doesn't know if his 'relationship' with Nandini is right or wrong."

Honestly, Colors urf Rangeela is coming up with a different and fresh concept on TV, no typical romantic love story or saas bahu crap. Isn't that enough to give the show a try? And how can we forget the extremely talented Shakti Arora & Drashti Dhami? I'm pretty sure the trio - Shakti, Drashti, Aditi - are gonna keep us hooked to the show. I really don't understand why some non- Silsila fans are getting to touchy about the show and its concept. Like let the show begin first, phir apne 2 cents de diyo. 

However, super duper excited for the show!! Hope all of you are too.. feedbacks on this topic is appreciated. :)

PS: sorry for typos!

Edited by rabia.shaktiaro - 5 years ago
Nicely written...
Let's just wait for the show to start na ...just seeing two promos and reading articles people coming to conclusion...
Both kunal and nandini in promos clearly mentioned they don't want to hurt mouli  they may have feelings for each other but they care for mouli  ...i am really looking forward to see  how will makers gonna handle the show so far two promos are reached our expectations..
You know what actually DD Shakti both have a very strong fan base that's why many feels that their fans will support their character irrespective of how they r being portrayed & those people carry this idea that DD & Shakti's characters will commit sin (EMA) & get away with it just because of fan base & thus giving wrong msg to the society BUT those people are completely WRONG in their thinking ... I have no intention to hurt anyone I am just stating my opinion... What is extra marital affair? If Nandini goes for Divorce 1st then during her relationship with Kunal we can't say that she is having EMA... Now coming to Kunal he clearly distanced himself from Nandini thinking about Mouli in the 2nd promo is that EMA? NO... Just developing feelings for someone other than the spouse is NOT EMA... EMA is having sexual relationship with someone other than the spouse... So we should 1st check if there actually going to be an EMA between the leads or not... EMA is wrong because divorce exists but LOVE is not wrong even if you develop it for a married person unless it causes harms Edited by Arpimugfan - 5 years ago
Originally posted by Arpimugfan

You know what actually DD Shakti both have a very strong fan base that's why many feels that their fans will support their character irrespective of how they r being portrayed & those people carry this idea that DD & Shakti's characters will commit sin (EMA) & get away with it just because of fan base & thus giving wrong msg to the society BUT those people are completely WRONG in their thinking ... I have no intention to hurt anyone I am just stating my opinion... What is extra marital affair? If Nandini goes for Divorce 1st then during her relationship with Kunal we can't say that she is having EMA... Now coming to Kunal he clearly distanced himself from Nandini thinking about Mouli in the 2nd promo is that EMA? NO... Just developing feelings for someone other than the spouse is NOT EMA... EMA is having sexual relationship with someone other than the spouse... So we should 1st check if there actually going to be an EMA between the leads or not... EMA is wrong because divorce exists but LOVE is not wrong even if you develop it for a married person unless it causes harms

WOAH! That was something really great to read. But just to let everyone know - it's not DD & SA fans who are doing the EMA jhaap (read discussion). Basically, Non- Silsila fans are. God knows why. They feel Silsila is gonna be a super romantic fairy tale love story and EMA is not accepted in a hardcore romantic show lol. Do the promos even hint at a romantic fairy tale story? Clearly not! And coming back to your elaboration about 'EMA' - My dear, I couldn't have said it better.

Originally posted by rabia.shaktiaro

WOAH! That was something really great to read. But just to let everyone know - it's not DD & SA fans who are doing the EMA jhaap (read discussion). Basically, Non- Silsila fans are. God knows why. They feel Silsila is gonna be a super romantic fairy tale love story and EMA is not accepted in a hardcore romantic show lol. Do the promos even hint at a romantic fairy tale story? Clearly not! And coming back to your elaboration about 'EMA' - My dear, I couldn't have said it better.

Actually from 2-3 days after reading few comments here & there online this thing was continuously roaming in my head why people are taking it this way and your post just blessed me the platform to say what I feel about the whole thing so thank you for that & your appreciation means a lot ðŸ˜³ 
Whether it is an EMA story or not will depend on the presentation and how the story progresses. From the promo we can see that Nandini is in a dilemma of if she can break her best friend's marriage for her own happiness while Kunal is caught between his newly found feelings for Nandini and his love and loyalty to the woman he is married to, Mauli. But how long will this go on ? Will Kunal choose to tell Mauli about his feelings and divorce her ? Or will Kunal and Nandini choose to get over their feelings for Mauli and Kunal will stay with Mauli ? Or will they cheat her ? The third option will turn it into a  EMA show. I hope that doesn't happen. 
The topic of thr show is a sensitive one. Yes, love triangles are extremely common on TV, involving married people too. But usually there is a side to take. Either the wife is a perfect woman and the other woman a dangerous vamp or the other way round. But here all 3 characters seem positive. That makes it an interesting watch. I just hope the makers continue the presentation as in the promo. I just hope they dont turn Mauli's character negative to justify Nandini and Kunal for the sake of trp audience. 
Originally posted by chemgirl

Whether it is an EMA story or not will depend on the presentation and how the story progresses. From the promo we can see that Nandini is in a dilemma of if she can break her best friend's marriage for her own happiness while Kunal is caught between his newly found feelings for Nandini and his love and loyalty to the woman he is married to, Mauli. But how long will this go on ? Will Kunal choose to tell Mauli about his feelings and divorce her ? Or will Kunal and Nandini choose to get over their feelings for Mauli and Kunal will stay with Mauli ? Or will they cheat her ? The third option will turn it into a  EMA show. I hope that doesn't happen. 
The topic of thr show is a sensitive one. Yes, love triangles are extremely common on TV, involving married people too. But usually there is a side to take. Either the wife is a perfect woman and the other woman a dangerous vamp or the other way round. But here all 3 characters seem positive. That makes it an interesting watch. I just hope the makers continue the presentation as in the promo. I just hope they dont turn Mauli's character negative to justify Nandini and Kunal for the sake of trp audience. 

I hope the don't butcher the characters for trp sake.. let's see! But Drashti's latest statement on the show is worth reading! She talks about the REAL concept of the show, so beautifully!