Bepannah My thoughts, Marriage of convenience ?

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Bepannah ~My thoughts ~ ep 42~15.5.18  Marriage of convenience?

History has evidence where monarchs and statesmen /women have stepped into  a  legal marriage to forge cordial relationships politically , to boost trade and commerce or to avoid war. So really this form of marriage  is based on practical  purpose ,rather than love or  extension of  lineage .There is play on the word marriage , that revolves around the central theme of falsity within this episode.

Right from the photo session, clicked to capture Zoya and Aditya nearly by default. The issue of promoting an image which is not how it is between them looms up. As Zoya challenges the inaccuracy of how they appear in the promote Zosh  images clicked. To her they misrepresent the truth. The photo session scene is included to show how deceptive images can appear. There is hardly any amicability or cordiality between them!

Thus crops up Zoya's quite vocal stand against any kind of falsity in facts. Aditya and Mahi of course challenge her clear stand against the quality of being against what appears untrue. Rather eloquently Zoya stands her ground that under no circumstances is she prepared to negotiate her inherent integrity. Time and again she thwarts the heavy handed emotional pressure exerted upon her by Aditya and Mahi to break her stance before the employees of Zosh. But Zoya rather admirably reiterates her part in non-conformity to the act of falsifying or warping the truth.

Regards the issue of Aditya winning the contract to the lucrative, just the monies deal needed  to pay off the debts that will bail Zosh out of permanent closure. It's a scenario that  brings out further Zoya's rejection of mendacity. Not even for business reasons ,will she support what Adi proposes.. a pretend marriage with Mahi to qualify for the prerequisite of the contract , the business should be a family run business. To Zoya the whole nature of their bid to acquire the contract is inaccurate. She maintains half the truth, only acting married! is really a complete and outright lie! As the pretension in marriage between Aditya and Mahi is based upon misleading, and cheating the Viranis.

The complete scenario is not only narrowed down to being upright  in one's dealings personal or business. It further stretches to the legal, sacred bond of marriage too. Zoya denounces, the fake marriage idea, as near enough blasphemy! Argues, it scoffs, the rites, rituals outlined by faith itself. For her to use this  holy bond without  an ounce of truth in it, to win a contract is  practicing deception with the Virani's who promote the image that success in business lies in the inclusion of one's family! She challenges Adi's idea of his marriage of convenience with Mahi as setting up something based on falsehood!

"She is much stronger than she thinks..Adi's words for Zoya to pull her down for her stubborn integrity, before all.

To me it's a silent compliment to her resilience that she puts up against his and Mahi's two pronged assault ,waged her sentiments, her very spirit! But she bravely puts up with Adi's passes and poses with an over the moon Mahi, for whom even the idea of fake marriage with Aditya Hooda makes her starry eyed.

To me Zoya is far from being a "green-eyed monster! ! she knows life is a vast playground for an over grown child Aditya where  he plays games, pranks! To push back a pain he'd rather not talk about!  So she takes all that comes her way after her No to the Virani's contract, in a stride. Even , remarks  from the office staff about  Adi ,Mahi match as the pretend married couple  lacking something, she dismisses with dignity. Is this because she knows, but cannot admit even to herself, that Adi ,false or true, will not be taken in by a girl like Mahi ?. To me she is loud, clear, assertive , aggressive about serious issues like personal sense of morality, and conscience. Adi's and Mahi's pretend bonding behaviour is too flippant and insignificant for her.

How far can she go? Before she cracks under the strain..to me Adi tests her again. Calls her a liar ! of letting down Zosh's workforce! One more time he hammers her, with the truth it's her husband Yash who  landed the company  and its employees  in a mess in the first place. Now  by her stubborn stand of hoisting the flag for truth. She  confirms the  works will  surely end up jobless ! it's a dead end for them! While she can go to bed with a clear conscience that she refused to compromise the truth.. Adi actually saves her face  before herself.. gives her the informed choice, sometimes a lie, can act as a buffer zone against imminent  major disruption and disaster being caused to others.. will Zoya soften??

People lie or withhold the truth for various reasons.. Sakshi lies to Anjana  to cover  a personal blunder.. one that has the potential to disturb the peace of three families. She too sees sense, in perhaps unravelling the truth to Adi . About the blackmailer, the photograph maybe  with Adi's help she may  set herself free? Sakshi lies to conceal her insecurity about her future, perhaps.  

Arjun maintains his lie before the bubbly Noor, about who he really is to  hang on to how he feels about her. It's a harmless lie, that actually lands her a job on her own clout.  Besides I suspect, she is bound to find out about his true  identity when she sees him. Will she get mad at him for lying about being RJ?? But then RJ is unreal.. that's his way of striking a chord with unseen listeners .. he is under cover ,masked, to perform feats for those who wouldn't reveal their truth before others around them..

Apart from Adi's dry wit, caustic comments and outrageous propositions! There is a certain melancholic ring to the episode. Yes both have had disastrous out come after five years of marriage . It's all out in the open, that both Adi and Zoya were thought off as first class mugs! Taken for a ride by their married partners.

Adi's stance is clear he'd rather flush the foul experience and move on with life. What fascinates him is Zoya despite being landed in a greater mess than him, by her cheater husband Yash, still believes in the sanctity in the institution of marriage.

Such irony there is to life. Adi can see here is woman let down badly by a man she loved and married. Emotionally scarred like he is. Yet  even today, unlike him, Zoya maintains the necessity of  sincerity, fidelity and sacredness in marriage , whereby  two people are joined together in the eyes of the law, before a larger audience and above all in the eyes of a practicing faith.

Here is woman who treats love, with devotion, respect and value. Here is a woman who draws cross connections to the virtues she claims, she has. Applies them her to life. Here is a woman, who errors, but is unlikely to repeat them. She realizes she too was not free from selfishness. She inadvertently too had her part in Yash's so to speak downfall. But with Adi around, whose bark is worse then his bite, like it or not, Zoya too heeds to his words as he does to her.  Adi begins to see a reliability, some substance, and much truth about Zoya. Will  the truth in her set him free too?

Overall a fine episode , balanced between tongue in cheek,  striking business deals the unscrupulous way. It raises questions can business be run? Without getting bogged down with issues like integrity and morality? where do interest rates, and profit fit into it? Image /the face! fits in, but how true are things on the face of it? Hamlet53 16,5.18

Its interesting to see  Mahi can lie through her teeth to suit herself. For Aditya its simple. A  liar is a cheat! and a cheat a liar! For Zoya..  "we wouldn't lie to save our dear life!  

Thanks for your comments.. and to enjoy the real thing! Be sure to watch the episode.. love hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

be_honest thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I wish mods pin yr analysis as you give a detailed insight of all characters !
Awesome as always. I wish all forum members read yr analysis so that they can enjoy the show to its full extent.
thanks๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: be_honest

I wish mods pin yr analysis as you give a detailed insight of all characters !

Awesome as always. I wish all forum members read yr analysis so that they can enjoy the show to its full extent.
thanks๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

helooo be_honest  ๐Ÿ˜ƒfirst in class๐Ÿ˜› !teachers pet! rosy apple for you... you spoil me.. don't know if mods even know me here... your thoughts are so gracious.. mate.. I am loyal to whichever show I  commit myself to..,I can tell you that for sure.. lets then savour Bepannah.. lots for all tastes to enjoy.. much love mate,  yours hammie 
DreamOfEndless thumbnail
Dear Hammie,

Once again a brilliant post. ๐Ÿ‘

The episode held so many lies in parallel; Sakshi's lie to Anjana, Arjun's lie to Noor, Adi's lie to Mahi (that he likes her), Zosh about to lie to their clients. And centrally, PooSh's lies to their spouses (and cheating). 

It is very famously said that lying for good ain't a lie. And hence Aditya, the guy who hated his late wife for lying to him about going to Chennai and cheating on him, agreed to lie marriage to his clients for the sake of Zosh (his wife's boyfriend's company), its employees and most importantly for Zoya, who had been an innocent, loyal and loving wife to an undeserving guy. I would observe this lying as a giant leap of faith from Adi towards Zoya.

As he declared that he was lying, that it was only a harmless white lie to tell his clients, I cannot help but remember the Liar paradox.

Suppose a liar states that he is lying. If the liar is indeed lying, then the liar is telling the truth, which means the liar is lying. If the liar is not lying, then the liar is telling the truth, which means the liar is lying. 

There's another lie that Adi has said to himself, that he was doing these things to get "reaction" from Zoya. Did he really ask Mahi to pretend to be his wife? Why was he so happily grinning when Zoya accidentally slipped into his arms?

"Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others." - F. Dostoyevsky

Adi doesn't understand grey, yet he is treading on a dangerous grey line. Since he is a hater of lies and cheating, he would soon loose the sense of what is lie and what is not. He better figure it out what he wants before everything else, and acting Zoya's guardian angel.

And how would he do that?

"That which is false troubles the heart, but truth brings joyous tranquility.
" - Rumi

What brings tranquility closest to his bruised heart? Exactly, that's the truth, the answer he is searching for. ๐Ÿ˜‰

BTW, I was wondering, how pretending to be Mahi's husband make Zosh a family owned bussiness? Co-owner to Zoya hai. ๐Ÿ˜›

Thank you for tolerating my quotation-filled rant. Your lovely post inspired me to write this. Keep them coming. ๐Ÿค—

- Tia

Edited by dreamy.tiara - 5 years ago
coolgal270 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Hammie...
Sumi here! Loved your post!!

The only thing I want to add here is that Aditya too knows and understands the value of marriages,mangalsutra and everything holy that ties two people together! He is hurting, he might not believe in love any more, or that he can ever fall in love again...but he believes in the sanctity of marriage!!
and so  he asks Mahi to do a fake drama..coz he knows for her, all these bhandhans dont matter!!
And I believe he would have tied that mangalsutra to Mahi if those virani's wouldnt have barged themselves in...he would have coz for Mahi that is just a thread, a means to be nearer to Adi and maybe make him fall in her 'I m the greatest of all' trap...
but he Will NOT tie it on zoya...the episode is yet to air today, but I am sure he will not tie it on Zoya..because he knows, for her, it is important, it is sacred!
just like it is for him!!

just my pov! I maybe completely wrong here and look like a fool tonight after the epi...but just thought of penning it down!
princy48 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
ur post always amaze me hammie๐Ÿค—...!!be_honest is absolutely right..ur posts are lyk gems ..they are to be preserved in a ryt way...!!
coming to the analysis...i fear to say that our thoughts are alike but the presentation differs..!!i present it in a funny way whereas u present it in a wonderful way ...there are no if n but's ...i'm jus loving ur posts..thinking day by day..!!

keep writing more..!!will wait fr ur next post..do pm me if possible ..!!
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dreamy.tiara

Res ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†

yeah right! you are being missed by hammie... will fish for your musings later  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ hammie
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Beautifully written post. I agree to your thoughts on marriage of convenience. But for a woman like Zoya even if its marriage of convenience, that marriage carries with it the responsibility of standing by the vows.
Adi complimented Zoya in various ways though those words were hidden in sarcasm. He did play of words and Mahi didnt understand it. 

He asked Zoya "Biwi banogi meri," so Adi is willing to trust this woman. He pauses and tells Mahi we need to pretend. 

Again the precap the man says pehle tum apni patni ko mangalsutra pehnavo. The words have to be heard. I am not sure whether Adi will tie the mangalsutra or he will just keep it so that she can tie it. I am waiting for that scene. But the fact that when he heard apni patni it was not towards Mahi he went, but towards Zoya. 

Why do I feel Zoya will think it is fake for him, but somehow the woman that she is she cannot brush off the sacredness of that symbol. She might behave in a fashion that will ensure the respect of that symbol, somewhere healing Adi. And I would really love to see the scene where she realizes that symbol meant more sacred to him than to her. 

The first scene where Adi tells Pooja he had specially designed mangalsutra for her. So it did mean a lot to him. Mangalsutra is actually a symbol of trust between a husband and wife.  The mantra chanted at the time of tying the mangal sutra is this 

Mangalyam tantunanena mama jeevana hetuna: kanthe badhnami subhage twam jeeva sarada satam ( Meaning:"This is a sacred thread. This is essential for my long life. I tie this around your neck O maiden having many auspicious attributes. May you live happily for a hundred years (with me).)

A husband trusts his life with his wife when he ties the mangalsutra around her neck. A wife by accepting the thread agrees to ensure she behaves in such a way that at no point he has to stand in front of society with bowed head because of her. She agrees to be his strength. And the husband promises to respect her always for what she is doing for him.

It is a very sacred symbol if you know its meaning. And it is not child's play.
Edited by shruthiravi - 5 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolgal270

Hey Hammie...

Sumi here! Loved your post!!
helooo Sumi...๐Ÿ˜ƒ super to see you on my thoughts 
The only thing I want to add here is that Aditya too knows and understands the value of marriages,mangalsutra and everything holy that ties two people together! He is hurting, he might not believe in love any more, or that he can ever fall in love again...but he believes in the sanctity of marriage!!ohhh  totally agree with you... glad you brought this up๐Ÿ‘... despite his smarting. and bad experience..we can see what he really feels for Zoya..underneath his hunky dory mask  .. correct,he knows Mahi will buy his act..but zoya will denounce or question it... its tragic he somewhere deep down wants a new beginning with a relable woman this time
and so  he asks Mahi to do a fake drama..coz he knows for her, all these bhandhans dont matter!!
And I believe he would have tied that mangalsutra to Mahi if those virani's wouldnt have barged themselves in...he would have coz for Mahi that is just a thread, a means to be nearer to Adi and maybe make him fall in her 'I m the greatest of all' trap... well expressed Sumi.. adi is also smart to realize, this chick is not the marrying sort..if there is such a thing..
but he Will NOT tie it on zoya...the episode is yet to air today, but I am sure he will not tie it on Zoya..because he knows, for her, it is important, it is sacred!
just like it is for him!!
๐Ÿ‘... oh zoya gives him the  bashans which he may reject.. but so far he follows bits.. loving their pull towards each other..
just my pov! I maybe completely wrong here and look like a fool tonight after the epi...but just thought of penning it down!
nope Sumi... I'll be disappointed if Zoya accepts his Mangulsutra.. unless fate by default puts them in the situation..and we get to see Adi going balmy  and resisting ,while  Zoya embarks on the task of tolerating him... ensuring  the sanctity   of what Adi did remains in tact.  that marriage is marriage. mangalsurta is a sacred  symbol ..my thoughts... and you Sumi provoked them...  thanks   coolgal.. cool id...๐Ÿ˜ƒmuch love, hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail
hello princy48,๐Ÿ˜ƒ good to see you mate..
ur post always amaze me hammie๐Ÿค—...!!be_honest is absolutely right..ur posts are lyk gems ..they are to be preserved in a ryt way...!!gems... thanks you..mate.. waise I am a sliver rings person and Zoya's "rings on her fingers" interest me immensely.. 
coming to the analysis...i fear to say that our thoughts are alike but the presentation differs..!!i present it in a funny way whereas u present it in a wonderful way ...there are no if n but's ...i'm jus loving ur posts..thinking day by day..!!
listen mate.. lets face it humour, pranks,  mazzak are a big part of Adi's character.. if he goes all docile ,I'll be anxious.. as for holy Joan, Mz.. prude ๐Ÿ˜›  Zoya.. ab hum kya irshsad karien... love her too as much as him.. perfect partners in war and in peace... in love?? this we'll have to wait and watch! He cracked me up with his , every one grab a chair.. musharia shru! haaa haaa.. nearly jumped off my settee.. me and my cuz love his lingo and hers too!๐Ÿ˜›    kitna happening hai humra show princy.. lets    enjoy it in our own ways 
keep writing more..!!will wait fr ur next post..do pm me if possible ..!!   sure mate will pm you.. my pleasure๐Ÿ˜ƒ... thanks for your happy comment ๐Ÿ˜ƒ... much love hammie