Give Love A Chance - Chapter 13 page 22

johnangad thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Give Love A Chance

Chapter 1

Could life possibly be any worse? wondered Kripa Khanna, gazing at the amber fire blazing in the fireplace, reflecting the turmoil in her heart. Her marriage was on the rocks, and it was almost completely her fault.

Angad Khanna was the brother of Kripa Kapoor's best friend, Anjali. They weren't friends but often got to meet each other, gradually getting to know each other. Then out of the blue, Angad's parents dropped the bomb on him with an ultimatum-get married in six months to your choice or settle for ours! After a lot of coaxing, he agreed to marry Kripa-she was a nice girl and he could fall in love with her eventually. However, this was not the case with Kripa. She still had one year left of MBA left, and wanted to concentrate solely on her studies. Besides, she was a very dreamy and firmly believed in the theory of her prince charming sweeping her off her feet   She did not want an arranged marriage and explained her perspective to Angad, who talked to her parents for her but to no avail . Mr Kapoor was adamant-he wanted to see his only child settled before he died, as his heart problems were taking a turn for the worse. Kripa finally yielded to the pressure, and married Angad .

This happened four months ago . Kripa knew she had nothing to complain about.  She had loving in-laws, her best friend as a sister-in-law so there were no saas bahu or nandh sagas in their house .She could spend money without care, unlike before when financial conditions were usually tight .And Angad helped her at each step, they did not consummate their marriage yet because  Kripa needed some time. Yet, they shared a warm relationship, went out to dinners, shopped, enjoyed conversing  .He , being a businessman  himself, understood Kripa's studies and helped her tackle difficult topics.

However, a marriage cannot survive on friendship and mutual respect alone It needed love too .Yet something always kept Kripa reluctant to move on  and  she knew Angad couldn't wait  forever .The truth was that  Kripa sometimes resented being married so early and felt as if her freedom had been snatched . Only two of her friends were married,  but this was not much of a consolation .Balancing her studies and the duties of marital life was no mean feat, and she had finally blown her top at Angad this evening . He had been harping about a business party later in the night  and Kripa had had an awful test in the morning, dampening her spirits  .When Angad kept on chattering, she  finally screamed

''Just stop it Angad! I am not going anywhere .I have had a rotten day and you do not need to make it any worse''

She was about to turn when Angad grabbed her roughly and she was pinned to the wall. She tried to loosen the hold but his grasp was tight. His eyes were blazing with anger…and hurt . "What the hell is your problem Kripa? You have been behaving like this for the past few weeks .God damn it you are not the only one who got married  .I am also trying but if you go on like this, a divorce would not be too unlikely an option" Saying this, he just left the room and slammed the door behind him .

It was now past midnight and Angad still wasn't back . His mobile was switched off and Kripa's tears had dried . Anjali had come to call Kripa for dinner and was shocked to see her state and upon a little probing, Kripa told her everything .

Anjali sighed " Kripa don't do this to yourself . You should give Bhai and yourself a chance. He won't let you down".

"I know he won't. I am afraid I will" Kripa whispered .

"The past is over and done with Kripa . Don't punish yourself for what happened years ago. Life doesn't give us chances at happiness again and again .Take it .  Trust me you won't regret it ." With that advice, Anjali patted her cheek and left , her words ringing in Kripa's ears.

Hi everyone, I have been a silent reader for quite a long time and since the vacations are here, have decided to write my own story based on our favourite couple, Angad and Kripa. I hope to finish it in the holidays so it won't be very long, 15 parts maximum Pls do comment and enjoy the story!!  πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by johnangad - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

apra thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
well i may be the first person to comment. i like the story line its good i hope you will continue soon 😊
Shazii thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
just read it i love it its awesome and saw interesting pls cont soon πŸ˜› πŸ˜ƒ
koolaries4 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
woow.. i thik its awesome... plz continue sooon... plz continue.. awesome..
candyprincess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
cont. soon i really like the story line it really good
berkeleygirl818 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
WOW!!!!!!!!! it sounds REALLY interesting!!!!!!! continue soon!!!!! πŸ˜ƒ
Rajeev fan thumbnail
amazing part 😊
loved the way angad was really supporting kripa with everything.Hope kripa gives a chance to her marriage
cant wait 2 read the next part
πŸ‘
johnangad thumbnail
Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the comments Seriously they are very encouraging. I have written the second chapter but I will post it tomorrow. Hope to see more comments and more pages filled up by then! πŸ˜›
guju_girl1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
really nice part continue soon πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
Numera89 thumbnail
continue soon! i lovedddddddd it!