Khichdi

Something is a miss!

Ratukrus thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Ok, I used to love Khichdi, Sarabhai and Baa Bahu while growing up.

But honestly, I am not finding Khichdi to be as entertaining as it used to be. It's definitely not as disastrous as Sarabhai season 2 was but still, the humor doesn't crack me up as much as it used to. 

And no it's not because I have matured and find the jokes childish now, I still laugh out loud watching old episodes of Khichdi (not instant khichdi) but season 1. 

Here are some of the things I am not liking in this season 

1. Lack of old characters. I miss Raju, Melissa, Bhavesh Kumar, that angry maid etc. 

2. The old episodes used to have bittersweet moments it definitely had humor but there were also emotions involved. Like for example the episode where the whole family revolts for Jayshree when she is being asked to be treated like a widow by an old aunt or the episode where Jayshree and Hansa had a tiff and many more such episodes. Now it's just brain dead comedy with no plot! I am just not connecting with the characters. 

3. Himanshu is the weakest character for me! I find him as annoying as the deaf guy who does Hain Hain in Sarabhai. I really wish he disappears or comes once in a while like in season 1.

4. One hour episode instead of 30! Too much of anything is bad and here there's not even enough content in the script that would have my attention intact for a whole hour. 

No offense to people who are enjoying this season I'm just stating my opinion here. 
Edited by Ratukrus - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pollyanna thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I agree with you to an extent. Maybe because it's an hour long some of the jokes seem repetitive. 
jenny156 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I agree with you. There are more jokes than needed and they pop up out of nowhere. I am finding Praful sometimes annoying!! I like him more with Hansa.. And I agree, there needs to be substance more than the number of jokes.. There needs to be a balance between comedy and emotions so that we can connect. I also wish the old characters had been there, there was more variety, also the kids need more screen space. Edited by jenny156 - 5 years ago
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
For me a few things that didnt work are..
1) The kids dont play the important role they used to play

2) Other characters are missing. Without them the essence is missing

3) Himangshu's stay at Parekh's house has no justification. Why is he not married to Parmjnder?

4) While I dont mind all in all comedy unlike the earlier seasons, I am missing Jayshree as the maim conspirator to Parelh Pariwar's karname. The bank dacoity epi was good but there after all epis were regular epis.
sweet_tehs thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Agree with all your points..
Initial 2 weeks were good but now can't connect with the characters,  
Yes the essence and plot is missing...

Wish that everything connects well again.
manancraze thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
That bittersweet part was true 👏 though I am a new viwer but I watched season 1 and it was really beautiful and fun to watch.
Vampire2468 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Yeah agree with you on all the points 👍🏼
VS-Cool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
don't know why but himanshu is indeed annoying now ... i think more than him other characters were comic 
after first two weeks ... it went downhill

maybe because of rating pressure