Bepannah My thoughts, Sense minus sensibility!

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Bepannah ~ My Thoughts~ ep 29~26.4.18..  Sense minus sensibility!

One may have common sense, but may lack receptivity of delicate yet grave issue. The feud between Adi and Zoya is far from over. Both react, disagree, and the episode , not long ago an exclusive birthday party  opens into some kind of a court scene. Defence and prosecution battle it out. It's clear by the responses, there are two aggrieved parties. Adi prosecutes his case, Zoya has exposed his private life and made it public. Thus he hurls fierce accusations at Zoya. She is party to this name and shame Aditya conspiracy packed in his birthday party. Zoya in her defence, decides not take it lying down. She clearly sets out to prove, Aditya has taken leave of his senses!  He is unreasonable. Is  swept away by  the swift  fast moving current of his revenge , that not only drowns him, but others related to him as well! The episode appears to be Aditya's justified registered complaint against Zoya's deliberate measures to cause him emotional torture where it hurts him most.. in his reliance upon Pooja's love! Its like two warriors battle it out over two differing  stances of love. Both wear their own branded vizors  of blind faith in loyalty in love, and betrayal in love.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

But the truth of the matter is  both seem to have taken leave off their senses!  In their own place, they both suffer.  Despite  similarities between them, dissension divides them over a key issue. Adi believes Pooja is a cheater  and none can deny this, least of all Aditya. Contrary to this Zoya believes Yash was not a cheat but died very much in love with her. Deep down, both Aditya and Zoya suffer from   a blow to their  respective egos. That their spouse after all these years,  of being their life partners, replaced them for another man or woman ,in a place that rightfully  belonged to them.

Just like in the court room, arguments between the two gets evidence based. Zoya shows Aditya, the contract which Pooja booked to celebrate his birthday. Yes.. the conspiracy if there was one, was pre-planned by Pooja not her!  he spurns the evidence, Pooja did so to cover her guilt of cheating on him!  Zoya's positive efforts are met with his negative reactions! But Adi cannot be blamed  as his emotional damage is vast! So whatever effort Zoya makes to show  Adi  the truth that  Yash and Pooja were not lovers but just friends, make no sense to him!  In fact  he proves Zoya  to be  the one without an an ounce of sense!  But Adi was in no way going to be lulled into this false sense of security ,that Pooja loved him!

He quotes instances, where Pooja gave him wrong information about her  work related tours! Groceries shop with her lover, even suggests Yash ,Pooja's live in relationship. His wife was playing wife to another man! It becomes clear to all Adi is a man caught up in a  never ending mill of going round and round  in the circle of  being betrayed!

Still  Zoya invariably tries to knock sense in him by her repeated chants of but Pooja loved him!

The  party cum  a court scene,  also  becomes a place where Hooda's dirty linen is washed in public! Harsh brings it upon himself by putting his tormented son Aditya  down! chastises Adi ,he needs to hold his wild horses!in the name of familial  respectability.

In response Aditya refers to Harshs affair! when he abandoned his wife and boys for another woman! Takes one cheat to recognise another! Harsh reacts by landing a resounding slap on Aditya's face! It becomes evident that Aditya touched Harsh Hooda's raw nerve!

The end of this party turned courtroom drama, reaches finale with Zoya' water works... she still hangs on to her faith, that Yash was not a cheater..  as he loved her! 

Zoya appears to have problems facing reality , that Aditya forces her to accept,  both their life partners were  low level cheaters! who led parallel lives   with their  lovers, right under their noses! Aditya comes to his senses. But Zoya continues to  believe, its Aditya out of his senses possessed with revenge... the birthday party would make him see sense..

In fact I find Aditya  has a  more realistic, mindset than Zoya. Suddenly it appears that his forceful outrage is more about intimidating Zoya to face facts that whether she likes it or not!  their life partners  were both  double crossing them! But its Zoya refutes his reactions!

Its heart breaking when he snarls at Zoya but warns the world around him also to back off! As the sense of being betrayal  stops him from living! and  hatred for Pooja   stops him from  dying.. why should he give her the pleasure of becoming the living dead! He will do away with her memories and pick up his life and live!!  

In fact his confession that he to has the right to be loved faithfully to happiness! ..   shows Adi's positivity he actually picks up from Zoya, to do away with paying for another's follies!'

When studied closely, can it be said,  under the mask of his outward fury Adi  really appeals to Zoya, face reality  no point in crying over a man who was a cheater! In a veiled manner, does Adi conveys to her.. they can both pick up the pieces of their shattered lives and begin to live???  But Zoya drowns in her tears.. she cannot see or perceive clearly. She is sore, her sincere efforts are cruelly misinterpreted by Aditya Hooda! Selfish brute!!

Another issue  apart from both Adi and Zoya's arguments that stand out is, Aditya  hatred  not just  for Pooja, but two other women in his current life! Namely  Zoya and his mother Anjana!  In both women he hates their trait of emotionally accommodating their husband's  who cheated them. Anjana  accepts Adi's cheating father  after he abandoned them  ,without  a single complain  or question, and life  continues normally  as if nothing untoward  ever happened in   her life. Adi calls her spineless ,one who lets his father Harsh  get away with anything!

Zoya, he  sees has a similar issue,  she saw proof of Yash holding Pooja's  hand  yet she is delusionary that her cheater husband Yash  always loved her. What  infuriates  Adi is, Zoya  dismisses all the malicious speculations about Yash and continues to hold on tightly to her cheater husband's memory!  These two women's mindset of upholding  on to their  fraud husband's  blows Pooja case well out of proportion   for Aditya! 

It's time to get fairness back in this game between him and Zoya. It's time to retaliate in kind ,the sense of shame he was given! Back to Zoya.  To surround Zoya by force from all angles in a room which compels her to see the dirty truth about her husband's affair with his wife! Its  Adi's  final, crude, desperate appeal to Zoya to face the ugly truth! Live in the real world!

To enclose Zoya in this room is not only about a tit for tat measure on Adi's part, to get even! But its to do with the fact of showing Zoya, they are even! They both go through the same procedure of pain and loss of comfort! He is no foe to her.. but one who reaches out to her in his pain, in the hope that she can relate to his loss. This seemingly shock treatment on the outset of getting back at her, is really to set Zoya free from the illusion she continues to live in.. that Yash loved her!  Adi has come to his senses, now he wants Zoya to come to her senses, by hook or crook! Some how his sixth sense tells Aditya , Zoya will eventually end up mixing both sense and sensibility and get to where he stands..  alone for the moment...  hamlet53 27.4.18

Fantastic episode about human emotions and reactions. How conflicting  emotions like, love and hate ,revenge and forgiveness, betrayal and loyalty feature strongly in most human beings.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DreamOfEndless thumbnail
Excellent post! 👏

The episode reminded of these lines by Oscar Wilde that I had read:

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves
By each let t"his be heard
Some do it with a bitter look
Some with a flattering word
The coward does it with a kiss
The brave man with a sword "

- Tia
geetkumar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow, Hami!!!! What mindblowing analysis of human emotions. Truly blown away!!!
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dreamy.tiara

Excellent post! 👏   helooo tia... love the response... Wilde's quote...👏

The episode reminded of these lines by Oscar Wilde that I had read:

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves
By each let t"his be heard
Some do it with a bitter look
Some with a flattering word
The coward does it with a kiss
The brave man with a sword "

is it to taste pain..??  in one way to spite one's own self..?? we are made  from an act of love by the creator... but somehow without pain its not complete...     hammie...

- Tia

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: geetkumar

Wow, Hami!!!! What mindblowing analysis of human emotions. Truly blown away!!!

hiya geet..😃 so pleased you read it and shared your valuable thoughts... the actual dialogues and performance quality was  excellent... me was stumped... much love hammie
DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Hi Hamlet! 😊 There is no existence of love without pain and vice versa. It is this very pain that connects Adi and Zoya, the reason why they met at all and only this pain will manure there love story. Can't wait for today's episode.
DreamOfEndless thumbnail
And thanks for loving the quote. 😊
NusiSg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
hammie absolutely fantastic take on yday epi mate,, sense minus sensibility,, title can't be better than ths as always apt..😳
yess i agree both has their concious clouded AD's with extreme rage, n Zoya's with extreme hurt over ADs blame game n thus we got the party turned court room dramatic sequence...😆 finale bring in by Zoya's water works had me in splits,,,ths water works gonna bring abt the much deserved TRP to the show i hope,,*fingercrossed*

i was completely astonished how u draw parallel btw Zoya n Anjana though it was so clear n infront of viewer's eyes i missed ofc n as always ur superlative thoughts gve us the chance to recollect wat we hav unseen in btw,,😳 

Anjana AD almost loathed hammie,, i felt how some venomous words of AD fr his mother was justified,, bt i dun think he felt the same rage fr zoya yet,, he do feel concern fr her bt suchh strong emotion fr each other they both yet had to feel ths deep fr each other,,

thnk u so much fr writing so brilliantly daily fr ths amazing daily hammie,,, keep rocking..😳
Hamlet53 thumbnail
hello Nusi..😃    was looking for you 
hammie absolutely fantastic take on yday epi mate,, sense minus sensibility,, title can't be better than ths as always apt..😳.. the title was inspired by Jane Austen's novel, 1811... called Sense and Sensibility"... couldn't use that so... tweaked it... the Novell is about  women in  Victorian  times.
yess i agree both has their concious clouded AD's with extreme rage, n Zoya's with extreme hurt over ADs blame game n thus we got the party turned court room dramatic sequence...😆 finale bring in by Zoya's water works had me in splits,,,ths water works gonna bring abt the much deserved TRP to the show i hope,,*fingercrossed*
hummm😛 but will it crack Adi ka gussa... ?? he already calls her shrewd player!  without sense!!
i was completely astonished how u draw parallel btw Zoya n Anjana though it was so clear n infront of viewer's eyes i missed ofc n as always ur superlative thoughts gve us the chance to recollect wat we hav unseen in btw,,😳 
thanks... for seeing my view... 
Anjana AD almost loathed hammie,, i felt how some venomous words of AD fr his mother was justified,, bt i dun think he felt the same rage fr zoya yet,, he do feel concern fr her bt suchh strong emotion fr each other they both yet had to feel ths deep fr each other,,
 you are right Nusi..  me thinks he is a bit more soft on her than his mother... Zoya he sees ,alone, vulnerable...whereas his mother he  sees with his most hated father,as a pair..
thnk u so much fr writing so brilliantly daily fr ths amazing daily hammie,,, keep rocking..😳
thanks for your loyal feedback Nusi.. hammie looks out for it... as ever yours hammie!

swansong thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hammie hammie hammieee hammieee this was fantastic.u r so right..never thought it this way. I was wondering how adi can hate zoya, she never harmed her.but after reading ur thoughts, yes now adi makes sense to me.zoya reminds me of his mother, who compromised 16 yrs back.
Keep writing hammie.u r the best.tc.