Mar 30th: A Tale of Lies and Fools

Posted: 6 years ago
Time elapses and Sidhanth is very obviously looking unwell πŸ˜† "Kya hoga humein?" And Sidhanth 'collapses' only to get back up again. Sidhanth continues to play the waiting game until Srikanth says he would like to leave on account of the press conference waiting for him πŸ˜†. Mujhe nahin pata tha ke koi accused bandha aise hi keh sakta hai that bye I gotta go πŸ˜†

But Sidhanth wins, looking very obviously unwell. "I don't believe in cheap publicity" wow this boy. Again his moral/ethical ground is still in full force. Anushka looks worried and tries to go after Sidhanth but to no avail. She has her family to worry about. Sidhanth's so happy he calls his mom to tell her he won. Anushka lets Prabhakar know of Sidhanth's win, but Sidhanth is on the floor from obvious distress. This boy, what is it about him that refuses to suffer anywhere but in silence and away from the maddening crowd. The Reddy's + Prabhakar aren't too worried having apparently bought Sidhanth's little charade (minus Anu it seems).

Oh my god so it WAS drugs. Not sugar. He overdosed on this drug, this absolute FOOL. I'm going to kill him. He coughs up blood in the ambulance, his body goes into shock. I can't believe this man. Sood is already sniffing Sidhanth's tail and thinks he can sniff him and his bluff out. The ambulance pulls up at the hospital and Sweety Ji knows they can be snuffed out, and opts to find another way.

KK proudly announces to the media (who apparently have stayed all day for the court proceedings to happen ??? πŸ˜† bhai bhook nahi lagti kya?) that Srikanth has been proven innocent and will take over the trust. 

KK tells Srikanth that his only identity is as KK's eldest son and now the head of the trust. KK apparently has no qualms about keeping his children under his wings. He blatantly tells Srikanth that he was saved by Sidhanth today. So KK is aware his sons are useless it seems? But unlike Prabhakar, he will ensure their futures for the sake of his own. KK has claimed he will be the biggest businessman in India, and that will not come to him at the cost of his own sons being wild. Srikanth tries falsely to defend himself but KK knows his son better. KK even drags Srikanth's wife as being his keeper. In fact she should be the one responsible for damage control it seems. Which I vehemently disagree with but you know whatever. So KK isn't as oblivious as we think. In fact he's shrewd and capable of overlooking the many faults of his children, so long as they don't cost him his own wealthy future. 

Here the dissonance between Prabhakar and KK is so clear. And I'm grateful they gave us a glimpse into KK's role as a father. Where Prabhakar pushes Sidhanth to have a clear, moral ground that will not betray him, KK seems to care not about even the existence of a moral compass. He does not seem affected by the shenanigans Srikanth is up to unless they affect KK's own ventures. KK it seems will hide or choose to not see certain faults of his children, so long as his children service KK's own ambitions. Prabhakar wants's Sidhanth to have his own vajoodh, to strive far from the shadow of his own successes. KK is happier with his children in the places he has already designated for them. If KK's children stray, he reigns them in like he did with Srikanth today. 

So what then is the merit of KK and Prabhakar's friendship? It is life long yes, it is old and encompassing. But what holds them together even now when these two are very differently disciplined individuals. KK seedha nahin hai, but Prabhakar is very rigid in the way he navigates the world. Both are flawed in the way the percieve and adopt fatherhood, but Prabhakar is infinitely more wise and loves his son enough to want the best for him. 

Anushka finds Srikanth and questions him about the drugs vs sugar debacle. Anushka begs for him to tell the truth citing that she doesn't want the trust that she has in her brother to break. Srikanth says he doesn't want her to tell their father, again thinking of only himself. Srikanth is selfish, a trait the Reddys seem to throw out in abundance. Anushka exclaims that Sidhanth is definitely in danger and how could her own brother be capable of not even thinking of Sidhanth's safety at this point. Anushka's worry settles into complete fear. She questions after him and has already sought his phone numerous times. 

Sweety Ji comes to and is beyond overjoyed when Sidhanth comes to on a manji on the side of the road πŸ˜† Sweety Ji apni ayurvedic jaadu se Sidhanth ko heal kar diya! Sidhanth is too much isn't he? Writers, whatever you do, never let Sweety Ji go! His very articulate and easy going character is a much needed foil for Sidhanth's broodiness.

Precap: We see the ever perceptive Sweety Ji ask Sidhanth what's going on between him and Anushka - a question I for one would love to know the answer to. On the otherhand Anushka finally sees Sidhanth and gives him the lecture of a lifetime, cuing from the promo that's been going around.
Edited by vena.cava. - 6 years ago
Vena thanks so much for the review. It seems like an interesting episode with a bit of Desi sabun logicπŸ˜†
Will watch it later. 
Oh my God!  Was it really Drugs ?😲
Kitna drama karta hai yeh ladka...😎
Apni jaan ki bilkul parvah nahin hai ise...
Precap is interesting  let's see what he replies to Sweety ji ...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³

As per Uday Berry next week is gonna be amazing & full of surprisesπŸ₯³

Thank you for updating so early today... πŸ€—
LOL you all are seriously surprised it was drugs for real? Come onπŸ˜†

The graphics they showed for the drugs entering his blood stream were hilarious...haha...as expected Sid ne tashan maarte maarte sabko fool kar liya and managed to just about stand upright long enough for the ruling to happen in his favor. 

Anushka didn't even bother hiding her concern today...her entire focus was on him only and she instantly rushed to him after the case...expecting him to hog media attention but he brushed her off and left...again confusing her. 

What surprised me later was the EXTENT of Sid's planning...haha he anticipated correctly that the other lawyer would check up on him in hospital, hotels etc. and so made Sweety ji khaao KASAM in advance not to take him to any of those places...ROFL poor Sweety ji again KASAM ke maare, wringing his hands worriedly, trying to figure out how to save Sid. 

Sid took a crazy rash risk...was it simply to win the case to advance his own career or was it cuz of the promise he made to Anushka? :P lol...or maybe a bit of both. 

He even made sure to call his mom to tell her in advance not to worry if he's late coming home...this boy, I tell you...lol bahuuut door ki soch leta hai.

The last scene with him and Sweety ji and random dhaabha as he wakes up thanks to whatever "jadi booti" SJ made him have...hahahaha his face when he learns it had cowdung in it...ROFL

Other interesting scenes...KK not so subtly warning Sri and his wife not to screw up again...means he knows his son is a screwup but would like him to clean up his messes better...lol...and Anushka directly confronting Sri for not even bothering to think about Sid's haalat once...did she for once look a tad disappointed in her great Anna? lol...are the rose tinted glasses coming off a bit? 

I didn't expect the party epi to start today anyways...not sure if some others were expecting that...lol precap looked good...SJ asking Sid about Anushka and Anushka confronting him for taking such a big risk. 

Next week should have some interesting epis. 
Posted: 5 years ago
Banda kuch zyaada hi ambitious hai,case jeetne ke liye kuch bhi Kar Sakta hai.But it was insaneπŸ˜†
And that precap--Tumahri jaan sirf tumahri hai Kya 
Hi! I started watching YPNTKH on Thursday, and I am done catching up with all the episodes. Frankly, it seemed like a very boring and mundane late night show to me. Late night shows are kinda weird in my opinion. However, I was in for a very pleasant surprise when I read the storyline and realised it was really sinilar to EKDV. 
I absolutely love the show. The characterization of all the characters actually. Eventually, they'll obviously have more apparent shades to them. For now, if I have to describe the show in one word. They would be subtle. It's subtlety impacted me the most. 
IF has compared YPNTKH with KRPKAB and many Forum members to EKDV. It's possibly similar to both. But what's different is that, in the past two years, TV has miraculously improved and become more real and subtle and underrated. Which is great. 
The improvement is mainly because of the different content that is being shown these days, which is awesome. Not only on TV but also on other electronic media that makes the story taut and impactful.
For starters, I am very glad that the female lead isn't over the top and is quite graceful. I am not sure if she's a bad actor, and that fits perfectly for the role or she's done really good acting to fit into the role. Either ways it works. Coz she's good in most of the scenes. (She reminds me of Diana Penty, anyone else finds it the same?). 
ML is superb, his acting, his swag, his poetic nature, his slight arrogance. Literally amazing. 
The flashbacks are actually cute. And what I like about it, is, though the FL is shown to be more innocent than the ML, he isn't taking her for a ride. He really liked her when they were young. 
That seems damn nice. The entire scene at Siddhant's house when he stops her from eating some cookies or whatever that was. I knew there would be some allergy, but I loved how they showed it! He didn't directly tell her, they showed it as a flashback after she left. That's so cool and such thoughtful picturization. 
Another scene I loved was the one between the Sinhas where the father explains why it is important for his son to make it big the hard way. That was so real, no extra drama, no extra frills and such good dialogues. 
The court scene, and how he's thought of every single detail is brilliant. XD  
As far as the KK-Prabhakar friendship is concerned, I am very sceptical about that friendship itself. I don't think it's friendship, personally. I could be wrong but this is what I feel .
KK calls it friendship, but after the accident, he sends guards and security for sure, but doesn't make a visit or even a call and enquire about his friend's health. That's so impersonal and so idk. I can't explain. For him, Prabhakar is an excellent employee and a great asset. But, friendship I do not know. 
For his sake, I don't want them to lose the deal because I'd feel saddened if KK were to lose trust in Sinha. 
Nita Sinha - she's an actress? She's fine. She's got class but her role as a mother kinda fails me. That way, at least the father is more attached to his daughter. 
Kartik as a brother is good. And I like how grand their sets are actually showing how wealthy they are. And how, they want their daughter actively in the business unlike most Hindi shows where if daughters work, it's to support the family or to render a social service or to fulfil their parent's dream. Daughters can work to make it big and that's what Anushka is doing. And I like how they are showing her to be learning the work, regarding hospitality, aviation etc. Idk how long they can continue with such small details once the plot advances.
So far so good. 
Some people said EKDV is better, some said this one is better. I think EKDV was amazing for 2016, but things develop over time, and even the makers have improved their story, their content with time. This one is amazing for 2018. It shows how fast we progress. 
Also, these Reddy's seem quite modern. Reddy's don't marry outside the community, most of them. I have Reddy friends who have openly said they'll marry only a Reddy. But there are exceptions of course. Lol. 
And someone had posted saying, all South Indians don't call their fathers Appa. True. But a lot of South Indians do. And Idek if Telugu people call their fathers Appa. However, I think that's to emphasise on the fact they are South Indians, it's a Hindi show they can't speak in any other language. If you see, Maharashtrian based shows have the parents being called as Aai and Baba, in Gujarati Ba or whatever. These addresses are merely to drive home the point that they are South Indians. So that's chill. 
I guess your post was about yesterday's episode and I have written a lot about the show itself. Sorry for the digression, this is my first post in this Forum. Hope the show continues this way. 

Naj
Firstly, Naj!!! You are here, I'm so happy! <3
πŸ€—
Everything you said is so true. Specially the EDKV point you made, absolutely correct!😎

Okay, coming back to yesterday's, yes. I was hell annoyed by this guy. Talking of emotions, I felt all the jitters down my spine. Like my flesh was shaking! 
The joke was apparently to tease us as well as Anushka. Seeing her reaction on his mere fainting, I don't know what would've happened if she were to be in that ambulance. 
Now for that Maa scene, damn, it was feeling like that Deewar scene! 
And finally, for that blood vomit, it freaked me out! This guy. You wanted to kill him right? Let's just gang up and do that! A complete IDIOT. SO MUCH FOR A CASE.
Amidst this thoughtful execution and very well written scenes, something that troubles me is he'd instructed Sweety to not take him to any hospital, hotel or anyone's home. So where did he think he was to get treated? In a mobile ambulance? Can I assume he'd planned everything from the case reversal to lying openly to timing the drug effect to not going to a public place for treatment, but FORGOT to think where he was to get treated? Or did he completely rely on Sweety's discretion?
Gawd, this was too dangerous.

Anushka there was so overwhelmingly unstable and restless, not because of some invisible connect but because of her sharp observation skills. I liked that. Everything's on her radar and at all times.

I loved how the director, writers and actors kept it so real and nothing went overboard. It was indeed impossible for Anushka to leave her family and go after Sid. And infact kuddos to the Maa's scene. We didn't get the Maa ko sab pata chal jaata hai vibes. He was terribly unwell, still managed to call his Mom. And her heart didn't feel something was a miss. A big thumbs up!⭐️

KK, I'm in awe of his charisma. How subtly he hinted to Srikanth and Riddhi. The wife part was very well said to! Amazing scene.

And lastly, the Anna scene. Anushka knew something's wrong a big time. She doesn't want him to lie, she's so afraid of lies! And oh my, she lashes out on him for being so cool after knowing that he consumed drugs. And to say she doesn't feel Sid! πŸ˜†
This line particularly was awesome : "Ab kya kaam hain Siddhant se?"
Like pleading him to leave him alone. And she doesn't want him near any other controversy now. πŸ˜³

The connect was so subtle. Not extraordinarily deep but based on observations. LOVED THAT

I spoke too much it seems.πŸ˜†
Never have I ranted so much but for this, I HAD TO.πŸ˜›
Edited by .-Amethyst-. - 5 years ago
@Amethyst, have  wwe met before this in some other Forum? 
Also, true. The court case was fabulous. XD 
^Yeah, we'd met in edkv as well as krpkab forums. I'm Mahi, ab yaad aaya?πŸ˜†
Originally posted by .-Amethyst-.

^Yeah, we'd met in edkv as well as krpkab forums. I'm Mahi, ab yaad aaya?πŸ˜†
Oh shit, Mahi. How have you been? DAMN. I am so very sorry. Yaar, you changed your username. I went through 2016 posts posts also, to see if I can find you . So sorryyy. Glad we met again here. You watching any other show?