Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai

I m a bit disappointed ..all South Indians don't call their dad appa .

dewdropred thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago

I m a bit disappointed .. the makers should've done a bit more research .. 

if they are showing last name as " REDDY " .. they should also know that Reddy's mother tongue is Telugu & not Tamil & no offense to any one or language used here , but being a Telugu & moreover sharing same last name .. I was a bit disappointed ... I just wanted to say that not all South Indians call their dads as " appa " ... πŸ˜ƒ

Traditional Telugu call their father as " NAANNA " 😊& not appa ... some even call their father as daddy too πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

Like thy have mentioned in show sticking to roots & being traditional  .. we being from a traditional family . We made sure that our next generation I.e. My nieces & nephew too call their parents as AMMA & NAANNA πŸ˜† we made sure that thy don't ever call us mummy & daddy πŸ˜† 

While watching the show I myself was reasoning that .. making myself a bit calm that .. The makers may have thought that .. viewers are acustomed to listening to appa word so much .. so let's go ahead & use the same .. πŸ˜† instead of " naanna " .. 

But my point is if thy wanted to use a particular last name then thy should've done a bit more research than simply use words which are well known to everyone from another language .. 

By the way .. The only Telugu word she used in the whole episode was " avunu " -  meaning yes .. πŸ˜³

Coming to the way thy were speaking Hindi ... disappointed over there too .. πŸ˜³

thy are settled in Delhi .. so guessing schooling done in Delhi .. so y broken Hindi ?  I mean not all South Indians can't speak Hindi .. 

I & many whom I know have studied in Hyderabad / Secunderabad or say twin cities  .. must say .. many of us normal common people speak very good Hindi too .. def not broken Hindi .. 
in case u studied in KV then u don't even know Telugu 

Coming to me no one could find out I m Telugu when I speak Hindi .. only when thy know my last name thy realize I m def not a North Indian and are shocked .. 

when I studied 33 years ago even though Hindi was 2nd language for us that time .. thy started Hindi from either 4th grade in convents  / 6th grade in Govt schools ..

Coming to present generation thy are studying hindi from grade one .. so def their Hindi isn't that broken .. πŸ˜†

I want the makers to know this part so that thy can make the changes in future episodes .. 

This post is not to hurt any one ... just I wanted to convey my thoughts over the epi .. the way thy were showing that a big industrialist or his daughter speaks broken Hindi & doesn't know that many Hindi words needs a translator to help him with language .. well what to say ...

Hopefully thy will explain about this in future episodes .. 

Another point .. thy were stressing on bharatnatyam .. yes many learn bharatnatyam  ... but the main dance form for Telugu speaking people  is kuchipudi ... 

So a sincere request .. plz cvs do your research .. don't hurt sentiments of viewers & plz don't disappoint us .. 

Another request .. 

In case if Anyone has any twitter / FB / insta ID of the cvs ? Plz let me know .. thank u .. I would like to send them the same message .. 

After much thought I m posting this thread .. coz I hope in future epi thy won't show the same thing again & again .. it's just my view .. not a forced opinion & not to instigate anything against any one ... so plz no bashing ... thank u .. 

The first epi was a bit more disappointing to me ,, but I guess it was expected .. .. hopefully thy won't repeat the mistakes again .. 

Edited by dewdropred - 6 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crazyparrot thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree with you!! Every word you said is right.. We don't call our fathers appa and never heard a Telugu one more precisely a Reddy calling their fathers Appa! 
And that broken Hindi cracked me, being surrounded by non Hindi speaking people I speak better Hindi than what they spoke.
Uday Berry( Twitter- @Udaymaxout ) is one of the cvs! Hope this will help you😊
Edited by crazyparrot - 6 years ago
eufara_naghm thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Ya they should have done more researches
I didn't know many things that you said here
It was very enlightening
dewdropred thumbnail
@crazyparrot - thank u very much ., I will tweet him .. 
@eufara_naghm - thank u dear .. 
EmeraldStar thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Agree with you... I think cvs got confused between Telugu and Tamil languages
anjalii123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I completely agree wit u..Whn i saw the episode last nite i was confused myself..I was wondering whn did Tamilians start havin Reddys as their last name..I am a south indian Reddy telugu ..If they wanted to show Anushka Reddy as a telugu then she shud b callin her Dad Nanna..why Appa..why didnt the cvs do a proper research regarding the language?Im still confused if they r potrayin the family as Telugu or tamil..they mentioned Rajini kanth style or something,so shud we assume they r tamilπŸ˜•..
nothing wrong in usin Reddy as last name..but the cvs shud have dne proper research..Appa is called only by tamilians,and tamilians have their Dads name as their last name..The way the Dad was dressed in the dhoti feels like they r tamil..N like u mentioned if thy have settled long back in delhi thy shud b knowin fluent hindi..Me being a south indian my self,speak  fluent hindi witout any issues..Sometimes the cvs do al this for showin  some fun in the way  south indians speak hindi😑,not funny at all
no offense to anyone..lastnite i msged Palak on her insta if Anushka is a telugu or tamil coz only Telugu has the last name reddy..i know she wudnt reply but im confused my selfπŸ˜•
mybro_2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
and raagii idle is white ? saara south india ka mix banaya hai... as south india feel bad, but if not for this .. it was a good over all

dewdropred thumbnail
Originally posted by: anjalii123

I completely agree wit u..Whn i saw the episode last nite i was confused myself..I was wondering whn did Tamilians start havin Reddys as their last name..I am a south indian Reddy telugu ..If they wanted to show Anushka Reddy as a telugu then she shud b callin her Dad Nanna..why Appa..why didnt the cvs do a proper research regarding the language?Im still confused if they r potrayin the family as Telugu or tamil..they mentioned Rajini kanth style or something,so shud we assume they r tamilπŸ˜•..

nothing wrong in usin Reddy as last name..but the cvs shud have dne proper research..Appa is called only by tamilians,and tamilians have their Dads name as their last name..The way the Dad was dressed in the dhoti feels like they r tamil..N like u mentioned if thy have settled long back in delhi thy shud b knowin fluent hindi..Me being a south indian my self,speak  fluent hindi witout any issues..Sometimes the cvs do al this for showin  some fun in the way  south indians speak hindi😑,not funny at all
no offense to anyone..lastnite i msged Palak on her insta if Anushka is a telugu or tamil coz only Telugu has the last name reddy..i know she wudnt reply but im confused my selfπŸ˜•

@anjali -- thank u dear .. I forgot to mention about Rajni kant too .. as it's mostly tamilians who call rajni kant their super star ... we have our own super stars πŸ˜†mega star πŸ˜†. whole lot of diff stars πŸ˜†we def don't take rajni Anna name when we want to mention movie actor .. if it's my parents thy take ANR / NTR / shoban / Krishna etc ... how can v forget bahubali prabas / mahesh ...

Yes .. the way he wrapped dhoti & kanduva too gave me the same Tamil look . but I was like ok .. let that one go .. thinking he was getting ready for some puja or prayer .. 

As I have seen my grand pa only wearing dhoti .. 

Coming to Hindi .. I myself speak fluent Hindi & very good at time all proverbs & my parents too ... 

In Hyderabad / Secunderabad if u r living .. when u go shopping .. all the shop keepers speak Hindi .. no one speaks Telugu .. so it's no different .. 

Thank u dear .. plz keep messaging the cvs about the way thy got mixed up between Telugu & Tamil speaking people ..

There are no reddy in Tamil .. their last names are too big .. 
dewdropred thumbnail
@emerald - thank u dear for agreeing .. looks like thy surely did .. hopefully thy fix this ...coz it will b more disappointing if this continues .. 
dewdropred thumbnail
Originally posted by: mybro_2004

and raagii idle is white ? saara south india ka mix banaya hai... as south india feel bad, but if not for this .. it was a good over all

Lol .. πŸ˜†till now I never ate raagi idli .. but def agree raagi idli isn't white .. πŸ˜†
it should b raagi color .. πŸ˜† which is more pinkish ...thy consider entire South Indian states as one & brand everyone as tamilian while each state has its own importance & flavor .. 

Hopefully thy don't repeat the same thing again & again .. disappoint  me more ...