Debate Mansion

Will people possibly live on Mars someday?

FuninUSA thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Have you ever imagined that you would one day live on other planets outside the earth? 

Elon Musk, Tesla and SpaceX founder, may make your idea come true starting by sending a cargo mission to the Mars. It's so far estimated that the cost of a flight will in between $5 to $6 million, which is less than the initial Falcon 1 flights, Musk pegged. This may be owing to the capabilities of The SpaceX's BFR rocket system, which is expected to achieve interplanetary travel and be fully reusable. 

Musk hopes that, if BFR launches, others will believe Mars travel is possible, and follow suit. In the immediate term, Mars will need Glass domes, a power station, and an assortment of basic living fundamentals, Musk cautioned. (Recommend FuninUSA to explore more interesting news)

After the infrastructure is complete, then really the explosion of entrepreneurial opportunity will begin, because Mars will need everything from iron foundries to pizza joints. And, if you successfully get on the Mars, your destiny may secretly begin changing at that exact moment.

I believe in it, and truly want to explore the outer space when I'm still alive. But considering the enormous project to finish the establishment of the base on Mars, I may not be able to witness the beauty of Mars. What's your opinion about the Mars exploration?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Maybe 😃 ..maybe we'll all migrate to Mars or maybe somewhere else in the universe
Maybe Mars will become habitable after few billion years !! 😃
FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Mars is a dead planet, so life is not possible there and its not our best bet as it's distance from The Sun is not enough to protect us from it. Edited by DracarysTrio - 6 years ago
For the love of my god how much I used to love these topics at one point of my life, was purely dedicated to the mysteries of the universe the endless fascination of the unknown.

As far the mars missions are concerned we are at least a century away from sending any human or may not even get there ever. Mars has a very thin atmosphere mostly constituting of CO2 producing a weak greenhouse effect. To make it habitable we need to thicken the atmosphere to produce stronger greenhouse effect to grow plants and to sustain life.

Humans have never made it to the lunar surface forget about the mars. Lunar landings was the big farce to beat russians during the cold war. I am not the conspiracy type of a guy but the logic tells me otherwise. We sent the last humans on moon back in 1972. Over some 45 years now and we haven't gone back and still do not have the technology to do so, no other nation could attain the same feat. The blue prints of the Saturn rockets does not exist anymore, the original landing tapes accidentally got erased by NASA, one of the biggest achievements of the human race, Neil Armstrong kept a very low profile his entire life avoiding interviews, he was first man to set a foot on another heavenly body but chose to go in oblivion. The logic of the history says humans have only kept improving on the technology once they attain it but in the case of deep space exploration instead of advancing we regressed, still trying to achieve 100% perfection in soft landing a rocket but we got it right the first time on moon, the lunar module landed perfectly while maintaining the center of gravity on single column rocket. I can go on and on but man I wish we had the deep space exploration technology today. Even then human body is not made to sustain the stress of the deep space travel, we are not simply made for it.

We think space is four dimensional with time as its fourth dimension, we are three dimensional being and can't comprehend the space's fourth dimension coz according to that time is not constant. Who knows space is multi-dimensional there are many questions. Big bang theory suits the best so far as we can create and apply physics laws to predict what's going to happen or how things are the way they are in space but all our physics laws fail at the beginning of the big bang, infinite mass in zero volume yes our brain can't comprehend singularity. We are just micro-beings very insignificant in the grand scheme of the universe and would never ever be able to understand how universe works. Everything about the universe that we know so far are only theories no concrete proof. Phew !! space discussions are nostalgic ..ending here :)
Edited by doczatka - 6 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago

Why Faking the Moon Landing Was Impossible

Tech in the '60s wouldn't allow for an accurate simulation of the landing.

Oct 27, 2017
NASA

It's understandable that many people over the years have questioned the validity of the 1969 Apollo 11 moon landing. It was an incredible, unprecedented triumph for NASA and a monumental achievement for humanity in generaland one we haven't bothered to repeat since the end of Apollo.

The general idea behind most moon landing conspiracy theories is that the landing was faked on a sound stage with actors, a set, and professional lighting taking the place of the real deal. There are all kinds of article and YouTube videos dedicated to this argumentand plenty dedicated to debunking it, too. This new video from TruTV's Adam Ruins Everything is a quick distillation of the case against the hoax theory. It would've been harder to fake the landing on Earth than it would have been to actually go to the moon. In fact, in 1969 it would have been impossible. 

There are a few key reasons for this. On reason is the shadows, which are the result of parallel sun rays with no diffusion. The only way to recreate this on Earth would be to light the scene with millions of super-bright lasers. Lasers were incredibly expensive in 1969, and the only color they came in was red. In modern times, we could just change the color with CG, but back then, altering images with computers wasn't possible. 

Aside from this huge hurdle, there's the issue that dooms a lot of grand conspiracy theories: Even if NASA had secretly invented computer graphics and kept it from the public, the organization would have had to keep 400,000 employees from spilling the beans, and it would have needed to coordinate the story with dozens of world leaders, including our enemy at the time, Russia. 

The moon landing isn't fake. So relax. We have plenty of real problems to worry about.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Doc, I just googled and posted this article, not saying you're wrong and they're right

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zhp-FTYSGe8&feature=youtu.be Edited by -Betty- - 5 years ago
nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
We have one planet and we better take care of it. I don't know if we can travel comfortably to the other planets in these bodies much less live there. 
God created this planet for us,
dunno what for...
why we need to come again and again and forget the lessons from one life to the next
...what purpose it serves...
but wherever God came from ..
he/she feels alone and created us probably for some entertainment and then created this game kind of levels of life. So on the seventh level apparently we get moksha and we are one with God.but then he again breaks off a part and again we are here...is there a bit of us in that new part/soul created? I don't know. 
better to be stardust perhaps than anything else...
What do we get really? 
Someone wants to be rich and goodlooking
but if everyone gets what they want it's special no more.
we want parents but do our parents want us
they probably want to be kids themselves with no worries
never endlng spiral it seems like
JayKish thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Nature is very vast. It is out of control from human being. But understanding the laws of nature, we can make it for us. The science has dramatically improved. It might be someday the species can develop on Mars too, if we use the existing science in the right way.
BhetuPunha thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Instead of aiming for Mars, humans should first look to survive living on moon 😛. If they can succeed a bit in this only then humans can think of settling on Mars . At some point Mars had atmosphere but was stripped away 🤢.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoUy4lsgRo8[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by BhetuPunha - 5 years ago
LOL what a crazy idea ðŸ˜†